main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Luke needs to have a big role in VIII and please a successful fight of Jedi master Luke against some villains. [face_praying]

Luke must be the star in VIII, like Han was in TFA.

2. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    They certainly need a payoff after the force awakens when it comes to Luke.
    If he was so important to the cause and plot of TFA we need to see why, or it cheapens ep 7

3. ismessner

ismessner Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm hoping Luke's power has grow so much that he transcends the Jedi, to an almost biblical state ie walking on water and healing the blind.

4. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Turning water into blue milk.

5. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    Luke's role is connected to the further development of Daisy Ridley's character Rey; Luke Skywalker doesn't and will not be "the star" Han Solo wasn't the star!! Rey, Finn, Kylo and Poe were the stars and will only continue to be moving forward.

mattman8907 and jaqen like this.
  6. Elo Ferk

Elo Ferk Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2015
    I have a feeling Luke will not be like Yoda and Obi-Wan in the OT. He has learnt from their and his own mistakes, and I think he will chart a new course for Rey and the force teachings.

7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Not really true, Han quite took over when he appeared. Yes he can still be considered as a high caliber A+++ support act. But he was in reality the co-star of TFA. I excpect the same for Luke in the upcoming 1 or 2 movies. ;)

8. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015
    Still luke need to have a big moment when he makes his big return to the galaxy. Maybe Rey gets surrounded by Knights of Ren on a mission and is cornered when a green saber ignites behind them and he show us some power and out of this world lightsaber moves.

mattman8907 likes this.
  9. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    He wont fight Kylo. That's Rey's destiny. In the next film Rey will have been trained by Luke and Kylo's training will have been finished. Luke will duel Snoke at some point I think. We also might get more Knights of Ren and see some duels against them.

mattman8907 likes this.
  10. Cheeky Potato

Cheeky Potato Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015

I think it's possible that in episode 8, Rey and Kylo duel again but this time Rey is defeated and Luke has to step in and face Kylo but he can't bring himself to kill Kylo and so in 9 Rey must fight and kill him. Anything's possible of course but i think they'll want to give Luke at least 1 big, epic lightsaber fight .

11. Jim Ryalto

Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 21, 1998
    Any thoughts as to how exactly Luke got on that island? Didn't look like there was another ship there.

mattman8907 likes this.
  12. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Luke will accompany Rey through her journey for, at least, Ep. VIII. I can't see Luke in a Yoda role and not leaving his meditation planet. His best friend was killed by his former apprentice, and now Rey has found him. He HAS to be back in the fight.

mattman8907 and Prisic Duskleap like this.
  13. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    from the Variety's article: "Hamill and Fisher’s salaries are expected to rise in upcoming installments as their parts grow with each film."

i don't know if this is pure speculation or informed assertion from the newspaper...but i think we'll see way more of master Luke quite soon :luke: until then...everybody relax :)

14. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    Yeah.. Lukes gonna be awesome.. I bet hes all in...

mattman8907 likes this.
  15. Anleifr

Anleifr Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    Snoke said to Kylo, "If they find Luke Skywalker the Jedi will rise".

mattman8907 likes this.
  16. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015

I dont think he will be all on at first. He failed his sister and Han by failing to keep Ben from the Dark side. He lost all his padawans and he walked away with guilt and shame. He will need a motivator to get the spark back, which is where rey comes in. She will probably get news from the republic that something is about to happen that really need luke but when he refuses she goes to face it like Luke left Yoda all those years ago. Luke remembers this and realise that he cannot let this girl, his daugter or not, die if he can do something about it and follow her and save her in the last moment. Yoda never came to Lukes defense but Luke is more impulsive and it wouldnt surprise me if he comes to Reys defence.

17. Anleifr

Anleifr Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    Opening scene between Luke and Rey, right where TFA left off, they are standing there looking at each other with Rey's hand extended out with the saber....no words have been spoken yet and Luke pulls that saber right out of her hand to his with the Force! That would reinforce to Rey, yep this is his saber and it is Luke since she was able to pull it to her and not Kylo.

mattman8907 and SaintKenobi1322 like this.
  18. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    I would expect there to be some arm-twisting. If Luke blamed himself for Ben's fall to the point that he exiled himself, he's not going to just jump in to train Rey immediately without some coaxing. That would be too weird to be believed. Just as Yoda needed a little prodding, Luke will too. Perhaps the voice of Obi-Wan is heard, just as in ESB? Or perhaps this is the rumored Hayden scene?

mattman8907 and Prisic Duskleap like this.
  19. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    In the novel, stormtroopers boarded and searched the falcon while it was at Starkiller Base but left it undamaged. Kylo even sat in the captain's chair for a while. Since Kylo knew that the Resistance probably had the map already, it seems like the smart thing to do would have been to put a tracking device on the Falcon. Perhaps the Falcon could be tracked to Luke's hideout planet, and even if he's reluctant to leave on his own accord, he's forced to leave when the First Order arrives. The first order may also send a sleeper agent to the Resistance base or send bounty hunters to find out the details of the map, and find their way to Luke's planet not too long after Rey gets there. I just have a feeling that after all that's gone on, Luke will still be reluctant to go. He may need the First Order to make it impossible to stay.

mattman8907 likes this.
  20. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Variety is about as legit as it gets for entertainment information. They credited their sources with the info about the salaries, so I'd take it as strong confirmation that the Skywalker twins will have expanded roles in the upcoming installments.

But not sure we needed Variety to tell us that, as the story by the close of VII makes it clear that Leia and Luke's stories are just really beginning.

21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Since the First Order's err...first order of business seems to be hunting down Luke and killing him I wouldn't be surprised if he remains hidden/separate from the bulk of the action. It's also one way to keep Luke from overshadowing the rest of the characters in the film. Not to mention Luke might have an overpowered problem. If they had him along side Rey and Finn fighting generic stormtroopers aren't people going to wonder why Luke doesn't take out all the bad guys in quick Jedi move? And if he DOESN'T do that isn't that going to diminish his stature?

Keeping Luke separate makes him more larger than life, which is how a Jedi Master should feel.

All that said, I hope Luke ISN'T separated from the rest of the characters and action.

mattman8907 likes this.
  22. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015

If Luke is Rey's father I'd almost like it if he tells her nonchalantly sorta like how Snoke confirmed that Kylo is Hans son. The Force Awakens spends over two hours drawing parallels between Rey and Luke that if they tease it out for another two hours and reveal it in the very end I think it'll be very anticlimactic.

What I'm really trying to say is that I don't want a repeat of the Khan reveal in Into Darkness where when it happens everybody's thinking, "yeah no crap you're Khan, we've pretty much known that for months now."

mattman8907 likes this.
  23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015

That's exactly what I expected to happen in The Force Awakens. Since it didn't I think you're right that that's how it'll play out in Ep. 8.

mattman8907 likes this.
  24. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    One issue there: Kylo Ren already knew Han was his father. Snoke said that for our benefit, not his. If anything is revealed about Rey's parentage, it's going to come as news to her AND us.

It's going to be anything but non-nonchalant, IMO.

By the way, there was no reaction to it the first time I saw TFA, but when I saw it the second time last night. when Snoke said Han was Ren's father, several people gasped, and I heard at least one
    'WHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT??????????'

mattman8907 and Darth_Voider like this.
  25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015

Seems very possible. Rey defeated, helpless on the ground without her light saber, looking up in terror as Kylo towers over her and moves in for the kill and then BOOM Luke blazes up his saber and things get real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.