main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    I hope in VIII Luke does something more than look intently at the camera.

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
  3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm sure Luke is going to be doing quite a bit in episode 8. Most personal thing I want is a wizard battle between him and snoke.

4. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Theres no way Disney blows this opportunity to showcase Luke kicking a$$. No way. To much money to be made from it. Look forward to 8 and 9. Wouldnt be surprised though if they hold off on Luke dueling until 9. But still a major roll in episode 8.

5. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Per MSW, they've rebuilt the Skellig set at Pinewood so presumably, the lightsabre standoff will eventually end.

6. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I want him to be a sage mostly, who does lightning fast manoeuvres if he happens to be attacked. but mostly he should be in the back ground being the sage. and sensei.

7. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    We really need one last movie with lots of Luke. I really really don't want him to die in Episode 8. Maybe in 9, but even then why does he have to die? I say keep him alive for the fans. He's still the true hero of the saga in many people's minds.

I'd truly love to see episode 9 end with an old Master Luke at the head of a new Jedi Council. Make him the new Yoda. I mean hey, Yoda lived for 900 years! Why kill off Luke yet.

8. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I agree with that I think he will have a much bigger role next movie

nightangel likes this.
  9. Order 66

Order 66 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    If they're choreographing a lightsaber battle with Luke, I want to some quality dueling. Just watched the first season of "Into the Badlands" on AMC, and there is one particular scene where you could sub in lightsabers and it could be phenomenal.

Go to 0:50 seconds. The part where their swords are locked is the kind of stuff I want to see more of with lightsaber duels. The heat of the blades getting super close to the face and the stressed, fearful facial expressions.... they sort of did stuff like that in TFA with Rey and Ren's duel.

10. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    This is the way to go. If Luke and Rey can rebuild the order, then Luke can be the head of it like Yoda was in the old Jedi Order. He can get the occasional action scene but mostly be handled as the head of the Jedi. This way they could keep him around not just through IX but if there is a X-XIII he can be in those too.

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I was quite disappointed with how little we saw of Luke. I had suspected/heard that we may not see him till the end, but I thought he'd do MUCH more than just look at Rey and take his hood off...

Still, this tells me that he will have a MUCH bigger role in VIII.

12. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Well anything is bigger compared to what he got in Ep7. Lets see what happens. I am gonna try and stay as spoiler free as possible this time. I don't want to spoil the one sentence he will utter in the film. :p

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    1. Luke should not overshadow Rey just as Obi-Wan did not overshadow Luke.
    2. Will Mark Hamill be able to do his own lightsaber fighting or will he look like Alec Guinness lightsabering (or worse need a stunt double like Christopher Lee)?
    3. Will Luke's role be like that of Yoda in training Rey?

14. CCK1979

CCK1979 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    I would like it to be like this:

I really love how much power they seem to be putting into the fight while still fighting with elegance. Of course they are using spears and shields as well as swords but the Jedi could probably use force powers as a substitution (or objects of the surrounding, a bit like Vader and Luke in ESB). I actually think that the TFA fight came pretty close to this, even though Rey and Ren aren't as skilled (yet) as Hector and Achilles.

15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I kind of don't want to see Luke use a lightsaber. It's somewhat similar to why I didn't like Yoda or Sheev using them, they should be beyond that. They don't NEED to use one. If they MUST fight, then it should be using The Force. And I kind of like the idea of Luke having become that powerful in the 30+ years since we've seen him.

Also, it solves the problem of "old men swinging glowey sticks looking awkward" that this franchise has tended to have. Sir Alec Guinness, Ian McDiarmid, Sir Christopher Lee, etc. It just tends not to look all that good.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  16. CCK1979

Dec 24, 2015
    Yeah, that is how it was imagined in the EU as well, Masters would only fight using force powers. But that would mean that Rey would have to become a master by the end of IX to defeat Snoke, unless he is not a master himself. Because I think that Rey needs to defeat Snoke.

17. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Agreed. I think they could pull off Luke fighting with a saber in a very reduced way, but yes, he's beyond children's toys. His fight is to build a jedi order, and that won't happen during a lightsaber fight.

I'd like for them to introduce the idea that the Force comes in many different jedi flavors. You have Masters who commune with the Force, but never fight. You have Knights who are the protectors, but play no leadership role. You'd have one's simply see visions, but may not have other force powers. Or one's who protect the Order itself. Or perhaps simply teach. They're almost doing it with Maz and Lor Sen Takka (or whatever his name was). Just go one more step in that direction.

18. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Plus it'd help show why Snoke seems so nervous about what might happen if/when Luke ever comes back from his exile.

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    To those, who are thinking Luke will show up and go all God like, Michael Arndt comments on his rejected script and the problems encountered with Disney are worth paying attention to. He claimed the biggest problem was Luke who, no matter how a scene was written, would steal the spotlight from the main characters. Arndt doesn't go on to mention names, but there is subtle hints that those above generally want a new story, built around new main characters.

The whole point of Ep8 will be this first temple and what it contains. Rebels already introduced them into canon and the importances of them to Jedi Masters and their Padawans, but TFA hints something is different about the first temple, which separates them from the others. I doubt Luke would travel dozens of light years for a kyber crystal.

20. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Oh I don't want Luke to be THE focus. It's not really his story anymore, it's Rey's, and Finn's, and Poe's, etc. And they should remain the focus. But, that doesn't mean that he cannot play an important part in furthering their stories, especially since TFA set up that idea. They found a way to do it with Han after all.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  21. BombBurro

BombBurro Jedi Padawan

Dec 28, 2015
    I'm hoping Kylo Ren takes a swing and he totally disappears, the Rey yells Noooooooooo. Pretty original script right there!

“You’ll know you’re making real progress on the Sith path when you go from being suicidal to homicidal.” Darth Revanus

22. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    Yup he will find something that will give new meaning to be a Jedi, something that will help train all the future Jedi, and be all about them not being stoic discipline types - be able to use the dark side when necessary, etc. The key will be just to listen to your feelings or something.

The evidence is all but there in TFA and how Rey was able to learn so fast, sure she's special, but this is Disney and co chance To "reinvent" the Jedi

And of course means after Luke gives this knowledge to Rey, he's no longer needed, and we know what that means

nightangel likes this.
  23. CCK1979

Dec 24, 2015
    Star Wars, to the fans of the old trilogy, are the adventures of Han, Leia and Luke. I think it would be quite a risk to kill them all off, even just one more than Han. They put a lot of effort into making a movie that especially the fans of the OT (and who disliked the PT) liked. I think it would be safer for Disney to keep Luke and Leia alive. With the new characters and how well they are received, I don't think that there is a problem that Luke and Leia will overshadow them.

24. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012

A part of me agrees with this, but the other part is the 10 year old in me that will be crushed if we don't see Jedi Master Luke with a lightsaber duel.

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    You will, but it won't be in the ST. Most likely this rumoured animated series. Disney will have much more freedom to develop Luke's character in a multi seasons carton series than a 2 - 3 hour movie.

Algnosis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.