main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I wonder what Luke has learned from those books on Ahch-To? If they're a history of the Jedi has he added his personal history to those books? Do those books reference Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Guy Bong Jim or whatever his name is?

Also do you all think Luke will show off some new Force abilities? Kylo stopped a laser beam in mid-air in TFA. Will Luke show us some new Force talent that we haven't seen before? Maybe we'll get a scene where R2 shoots the green light saber over to Luke but it's intercepted and we'll all thinking, "what's Luke going to do now?!?!??" and then boom he treats us to some crazy Force ability we've never seen before.

nightangel likes this.
  2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    There is rumor that during Luke's meditation/rock levitation scene that somehow a vision of Tatooine's twin suns gets mixed in. Also, I think there was a rumor that Luke could porg swarm

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mark with German youtubers:
    [​IMG]

Demsa Aztor, T-R- and Master_Lok like this.
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    T-R- Many thanks for the response on that art and [face_laugh] Porg Swarm?!? Brilliant.

nightangel and T-R- like this.
  5. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I don't think he's read them yet. The gloved hand that caresses the front cover in the teaser is Luke's. I have the notion that it is what he finds in these books helps snap him out of his funk.

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Funny. I was thinking it was what he read in those books that solidified his belief that the Jedi should end.

7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I would completely ignore any remarks Lucas made about the ST or Luke prior to the PT. Once he decided that would be the next trilogy, any plans about Luke, Leia, and Han being the leads of an ST were done.

As for concept art, everyone knows that it doesn't necessarily pertain to the plot. It often just has to do with character and theme and imagining possibilities, not probabilities.

Mostly Handless and Strongbow like this.
  8. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think the problem some fans have is that the seem to care only about Luke, rather than SW in general. There will come a time when Luke does not appear on the main episodes, a movie in which he dies at some point. This happens with a lot of main characters in their respective arcs. Everyone have our own preferences, but TFA is not a worse movie because Luke only appears in the end. TLJ will not be a worse movie if Luke is not Rey's father. And Episode IX will not be a worse movie if Luke dies at the end.

I have been reading here that Luke should return to Tatooine and end his arc under the twin suns, or even be inmortal. Everything except his naturally dying at some point as everyone does at some point. This might be a valid dessire for a character's arc, but it reads to me as a bit inmature, as a fan of a character who simply does not accept said character's story ending at some point.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016

My thoughts at the moment are that he went to Ahch-To in order to bring about the end of the Jedi (and the Sith / dark side / whatever) by destroying the Force Tree. He torched it with his lightsabre but it was not destroyed and the fish nuns exiled him to a different island. Rey is somehow the key to him getting back to the island with the tree and being granted access.

10. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    yes sure, with Rey Skywalker keeping the torch, this will be fine. :)

11. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i don't think only caring about luke is a problem, it's that fandoms are really demanding about their favorite characters and relationships and get really whiny and entitled about it--like how DARE they do x, y, or z with MY CHARACTER! having favorite characters and relationships is normal.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Valid argument. I'd like to see Luke have a strong arc and ditto for Finn, Rey and Kylo. I want to continue to enjoy Star Wars once they decide that Luke should become one with the Force. No one has given me any reason to care about anyone but Luke yet so, I remain hopeful that this will change. They've got a great cast: Now have them all do great things in a SW way please.

nightangel likes this.
  13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    perfectly said. ;)

Ridley Solo likes this.
  14. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    As I have said before, I wouldn't have minded if Luke had died prior to TFA or during TFA, *if* Luke had been given a lasting legacy with at least a small Jedi order, and it would have been nice for him to have a son or daughter to follow in the future too. I want Luke's story to end in a good and respectful way. However, since the filmmakers didn't do that, and actually took everything away from him, giving him a miserable and failed life, I now don't want them to kill him off until they restore the Jedi legacy and heroic status that they took from him. After that, I can accept Luke's departure from the Star Wars galaxy and films.Until they make things right by Luke though, I don't want them to kill him off.

-LordSkywalker-, nightangel and T-R- like this.
  15. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i'm interested in luke finding some sort of enlightenment. and sometimes one must go through the terrible trials to reach that. i'm fascinated by luke's current problem--for instance not being able to kill his nephew, not being able to save him--and how this plays into the overriding theme of "balance." i'm also really interested in how luke is "not what we expect," though i'm sure it will be less exciting than i might think.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  16. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    And he's only in his 50's for God's sake. Acting like a 50 year old has to die because everybody dies at some point is ridiculous. Plenty of stories and sagas end with the characters alive and well.

Btw, the immortal Luke idea originated with Lucas' original idea for the character as a 200 year old hero of old

17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Good points.

And I'm sure Luke would still look great at 200. :p

-LordSkywalker-, nightangel and T-R- like this.
  18. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    GL knew what the end of Luke's arc (in a possible ST) would be from wayyyyy back.

19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I just figure Mark Hamill is good publicity.
    A great person to bring out at Celebration and so forth. You don't want to chop him out of the story.
    So, you send Luke off into the background at the end of this trilogy, but he's always there for a cameo... he's Old Spock.

nightangel likes this.
  20. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

I think there were probably 4-5 endings imagined for Luke at various times. George is not known for consistency!

21. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    It may be normal in fandom. But it's the obsessive attachment to, aggressive protection of, and demands leveled at, those characters that are decidedly not normal, and, IMO, make fandom seem incredibly immature.

Honestly, if I were a lead in a Star Wars film, I would probably hate most of the fandom. I'd be way worse than Ford ever was, telling people to go do something worthwhile with their lives and pushing neckbeards down stairs.

22. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    yes, this would be fine. ;)

some attach to the stories of 1 or 2 characters and some want to let them all be killed off in 1 movie. Fine. We are all not the same and everyone has different preferences. I think this is a good thing, since I don't want clones. [face_dunno]

23. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Not ending. Just general arc.

24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I bet that arc didn't include broken failure in exile

ChildOfWinds and nightangel like this.
  25. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    We are facing a generation issue here. The old fellas like me love Luke. He is our boy, we want him to be there forever.

But the new generation and Star Wars itself needs new heroes to continue the story.

The hard fact is that Luke needs to leave the saga, in a way or another. If done right, it will be the most important moment of all 9 films, beating the first Vader x Luke confrontation.

nightangel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.