main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    so... onto plan b. according to chirrut in RO, the strongest stars have hearts of kyber. this to me suggests a kyber crystal can withstand incredible heat and pressure. so if the death star exploded, vader's kyber crystal didn't necessarily. (see my avatar) :D

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Which still takes us back to:

It's bad enough 1 lightsaber that was lost down a bottomless shaft miraculously shows up 40 years later, having one that was lost down a bottomless shaft AND blown up with the DSII would be completely stupid.

Not to mention Palpatine seems to be able to destroy lightsabers in a furnace

11-4D likes this.
  3. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    yeah it's stupid to you, i don't think it's stupid. like how do you even decide it's "stupid" lol. do you think the death star explosion was stronger than a star? seriously?

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    It's stupid because you have a flashlight sized object that was lost in a moonsized station that blew up. Finding it is stupid, finding it after a different lost light saber was found makes it incredibly stupid.

Palpatine literally incinerates lightsaber in a furnace. I don't think the crystal is indestructible

5. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't think the crystal is, or needs to be Vader's. The fact that it's a red crystal is absolutely significant though, IMO.

T-R- likes this.
  6. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    The 'fingers' are the quilting on the sleeves of his suit.

T-R- likes this.
  7. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    the crystal could also be obi-wan's or lukes, but kylo cracked it when he poured his dark side feelings into it. :)

i don't think it *has* to be any of the three. i just don't think it's inconceivable to retrieve vader's crystal.

are you trying to rub it in? i said i see it now.

8. Mungo Baobab

Dec 2, 2014
    I think it could just be a Sith crystal that Luke acquired during his travels with Lor San Tekka, tbh.

9. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    We'll see if he ignites one.

10. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Maybe it's Snoke's crystal?

11. Mungo Baobab

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't think Luke's turned to the dark side, or will have a red saber, though. Rather that his apparent disillusionment with the Jedi, has brought him to the conclusion that the Sith and the Jedi are essentially the same, or at least the Sith / darksiders sprang from the Jedi, and will likely continue to do so as long as the Jedi order exists. At least in it's current sense.

The red crystal represents the Sith, and the dark side, and by wearing it, Luke is owning all of that.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no vader never picked up his hand. since his arm was extended outside the walkway it's safe to assume the hand and saber fell down the reactor shaft and are gone. vader did have his own castle so that's probably where anything luke has came from.

T-R-, 11-4D and Master_Lok like this.
  13. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I think that's the best theory, actually. Vader's castle wasn't a one-off for R1. If we don't revisit it for TLJ, we may see it again with IX. And Luke would almost certainly have visited it between ROTJ and TFA.

14. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

No, I was explaining how you might mistake it for a glove. I'm a jerk, but I'm not an ***hole.

oncafar likes this.
  15. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
  16. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

No problem! Hard to determine intent in text.

oncafar likes this.
  17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Good point.

18. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
  19. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    Based on some of the information from the "Star Wars Theory" channel on youtube here is my take -

Luke did not go into hiding out of despair over the destruction of the Jedi Academy and Ben's turn to the Dark Side.

Rather he sensed Snoke's awakening after Order 66 and needed time to prepare for the confrontation Luke knew was coming. If you look at the set of old books that is seen in the one trailer we have, one of the books appears to be "The Journal of the Wills." The bottom of the book appears not just old but burned so it might have been recovered from the fire we see in Reys vision. He has been studying these ancient texts to learn ways to defeat Snoke.

When Luke first sees Rey he is not happy as she has found him too early and Luke is not yet fully prepared. Her arrival will draw attention to him before he is ready. I suspect that Luke is using a Force nexus to hide as Yoda did in ESB.. As Snoke feeds on the energy of Force users he is obsessed with locating Luke, the most powerful Force sensitive being in the galaxy.

Luke will initially play the role of the slightly crazy hermit to test Rey, as Yoda did with Luke, before reveling his true self and power.

This would also dovetail nicely with Kylo's ancient Sith Lightsaber design and some of the other clues that Snoke is a very ancient Force user and Luke required years of preparation to engage him.

So, far from being a coward , Luke made a choice to remove himself from those who loved him in order to fight the larger battle he realized could not be avoided.

Please visit the "Star Wars Theory " channel on YouTube for my source material for this.

20. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    If you’re going to post and discuss stuff, it’s bad etiquette to refer people to a YouTube link for “source material” or citations. Most of us here are up to date with spoilers, leaks and information that’s out there, so discuss stuff you’re referring to here, otherwise people will disregard your point

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  21. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    Thank you for pointing this out.

Relatively new here and have not done too much with forums in general so still learning the ropes a bit.

Best

T-R- likes this.
  22. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

No problem. Generally speaking, those YouTube videos that get posted all over social media seem to be clickbait that recycle information already out there, and genuinely new info tends to get through via different channels. Theories that refer back to videos work in social media, but we can go in depth here.
    So, regarding your theory for example, none of that seems to be based on any source - it all seems to be based on heavily stretched speculation based on officially released material

23. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Got this today. And Happy Birthday to Mark Hamill. :)
    [​IMG]

24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Maybe not every detail of Luke's costume has to be explained in the movie?

The Regular Mustache and T-R- like this.
  25. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    If we don’t get an explanation for the thread count on each of his robes, I’m walking the **** out.

Master_Lok and Rodie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.