main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I mean does she even know Ben is his real name? She wasn't there when Han shouted it in TFA and this seems to be an early scene since she still has the Resistance outfit on so she may not be aware of his backstory yet other than obviously he's the one who destroyed Luke's academy.

Darth_Voider and ChildOfWinds like this.
  2. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I didn't think Rey was being defensive or angry in the clip in which she is trying to assure/convince Luke that she won't fail him like Kylo.

Satipo and Darth Gummybear like this.
  3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

My point is that if you think she'd definitely not a Skywalker or a Solo, SW past tells us that doesn't matter, and they can connect any characters in any way they like.

OK cool.

4. Darth Nikean

Darth Nikean Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 30, 2016
    I see no Reylo in that statement I don’t see how people see them together. Kylo is more like her brother or cousin

Shadao likes this.
  5. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I've been thinking. Daisy said in her recent interview about her torture scenes with Snoke saying that he makes Rey undergo the worst "testing" she's ever had. What if he finds out that she isn't a suitable replacement for him but Luke is? What if the movie ends with Snoke "transferred" into Luke?

6. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Why is it that everyone seems to want more bad things to happen to Luke? I keep seeing people suggesting that Luke was at least partly responsible for ben’s fall or that Maybe Luke actually killed his students in a fit of rage that destroyed the temple. I’ve seen people hint that maybe something else bad happened between Luke and Kylo/Ben because only the two of them were present, and who knows what might have happened? (The hint is that Luke did something sinister.) I’ve heard folks suggest that Maybe Luke has gone dark, or maybe he and snoke are working together.

Haven’t the filmmakers already done enough bad things to Luke? They destroyed his Jedi order and made 30 years of his life a total waste. They took away his legacy, and made his OT accomplishments pretty much null and void. They didn’t even give Luke a close relationship with his sister and her family, and they had him in exile for at least six years, with no human contact; no relatives and no friends. So that isn’t enough? Luke needs to be the villain? The one to blame for everything? And now snoke is going to transfer into Luke? I have even seen some people who want Rey to be anyone but Rey Skywalker.

Maybe most of you don’t care at all about Luke, but he has always been my favorite character. I have had to wait an extra two years to just see him play a role in a new sw film and to speak a single word. I would certainly hope there will be SOMETHING positive about Luke for me to enjoy in TLJ. I am really getting annoyed with all of the Luke “beat-downs” lately.

7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    You needn't worry, because I highly doubt any of this will happen.

Jedi Merkurian and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I like Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker). Hamill even admits his ideas are not realistic artistic choices. Fans are being far too critical once again. Hamill simply wanted to give the fans what they wanted, just like Lucasfilm/Disney told Lucas, and reunite the Big 3 one last time in Act III of TFA. As I recall many esteemed fans here, after learning much of the story from MSW, were concerned that an absence of such a reunion would be a huge missed opportunity. Hamill simply felt the same, but now they’re going to bugger Hamill for being a fan, too? Their champion. Give your complaints a rest. We lost Carrie, which sucks in every way. We’ve lost her for IX. I’m not even sure yet to what extent its effect will be on hampering IX and the ST. I, for one, am happy to have the good fortune of having them around and for them to agree to reprise their roles 30 odd years later. The roles that have affected so many. The ones they’ve made iconic. Be contented for that at least and stop your petty attacks and grievances. Enjoy you cranks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Darth Nikean

Mar 30, 2016

Immortiss likes this.
  10. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003

I'm not a total fan on this sticking it to Luke's legacy either, but GL once said (see annotated screenplays) that Luke would always be tested. Perhaps his idealism about the Jedi, the force and family are being tested. From every thing I've read in the new canon, Luke was the same old OT Luke we knew, even up to 5-6 years before TFA. He was still riding high on Anakin's turn back to the light, he seemingly had rebuilt the Jedi in his image (my guess being more spiritual Jedi than old school PT Jedi), he probably was overflowing with new force knowledge from decades of force/Jedi research. But one thing pulled the rug out. A lie. Or call it a half truth or a certain point of view. Somehow Luke, Leia and Han agreed to keep Anakin's true alter ego from Ben. Ben may have been sent to Luke because of a cloud (whatever it may have been) hanging over his head. Luke, thinking love and compassion, especially with your family, could cure all. Showing Ben the ways of the Jedi and the Force would help Ben find a spiritual center. But, perhaps, Ben enjoyed the old school Jedi stories. He wanted to be more like Anakin, less like Yoda. And post ROTJ Luke may have been more Yoda than even OT Luke. So when the truth got out, Ben felt Luke was a fraud and his family lied to him. He has an accidental moment of powerful anger, destroys everything Luke had worked decades for. Perhaps, as a result, Luke turns his back on Leia and Han because it was their idea to keep the truth from Ben. Luke reluctantly agreed. He would've preferred to tell the truth, but acquiesced to his family's wishes. He decides to leave and figure out what he needed to do next. It was supposed to be a short trip to meditate and think, but Luke couldn't bring himself out of the funk, his own darkness of doubt and regret.

It sure doesn't give Luke justice, but it makes for a great story and ups the stakes for what happens next.

Jcuk, Padme1977, 11-4D and 1 other person like this.
  11. Darth Nikean

Mar 30, 2016
    I’m sorry true I’m just tired of the complaining and fighting over the same things over and over again . I really miss Carrie this feels so weird with out her.

Immortiss and Darphus_Mon like this.
  12. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Just rewatched some interesting scenes from RotS.

[​IMG]

13. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think Mark is going to give the performance of his life in TLJ. The content is so dramatic and he easily matches that intensity.

jaqen, Revanfan1, 4ce and 3 others like this.
  14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    There's also a little of "I'm not afraid" in there. I don't think we need to overthink it (like I did at the start of this post).

Agree re Mark - I think this will go down as a career best.

15. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

After seeing that last tv trailer, no doubt about that. I really think Mark is going to surprise a lot of people.

16. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015

Not me, always felt his performance in the OT (especially ESB & ROTJ) was massively underrated. Can not wait for this movie :)

17. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    I think he was really good in RotJ.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    “Kylo failed you, I won’t”. -Rey to Luke.

In TESB Luke says “I won’t fail you.” A rhyme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    He’s always been good. But I think TLJ will give him more to do in terms of performance.

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I somehow have the feeling it was indeed Luke who did something bad and sinister at one point. This German magazine made a connection between Luke and the movie '12 o'clock high', the movie that Rian got his ideas from. In this one the new commander is very ruthless in treating his soldiers until he gets a mental breakdown. One of his formerly bad treated soldiers finally fulfills his task and in the end it is a succeed.

hmmm, is it possible that Ben was maybe bad treated by Luke in the past? Despite that we find this out of character for Luke? Maybe Luke got also ruthless and hard like this commander? Ben was his star pupil and maybe he wanted too much from him? [face_dunno]

21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I’d say from TFA the rot had set in before Ben was sent to Luke. And the latest TV spot suggests Kylo failed Luke not the other way around (though no doubt Luke still blames himself in part). I think the 12 o clock high aspect will apply to Poe’s storyline.

22. Classified8

Classified8 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2016
  23. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    I’m totally rooting MH on for his performance and how his interaction with Daisy pans out. Think RJ as an actors director as a good match in collaboration with Mark. Also commend him for being in the I️ tense spotlight after all these years and really giving a great performance.

nightangel likes this.
  24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    anyone has a good suggestion when it is time to shut down internet before the movie to avoid heavy spoilers? I mean it is hard to stay off internet like facebook and co for weeks, so a realistic suggestion would be good. [face_blush]

25. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Probably from whenever critics etc. get to see it? One of the main reasons for me getting a premier ticket is to avoid further spoilers from que's, random chatter in the street, not to mention newspapers and the good ol' internet. To stay spoiler free after premier day you'd have to initiate full hermit stance. And put cheeze in your ears on your way to the theater. Even sitting in the theater watching all the commercials is hazardous as several people around has most likely seen it already.

Edit: I bet everyone's heard the "I won't spoil anything, but this and that scene is gonna blow your mind".

Jedi Older Code likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.