main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nikean

Darth Nikean Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 30, 2016
    How about wait for 8 and we will see . In stead of fighting about who’s right

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I think everyone needs to relax...and yes that includes those who have nothing better to do than dump on concerned Luke fans.

I agree that we should not expect Luke to be the same character, but like Superman (not saying he should be a Superman), he was and should be the becon of "hope" for the galaxy. And the fact that the core essence of the character may have changed - and while we havent seen the movie yet - Mark Hamill has pretty much caused some worry with his choice of words, so there is a reason for Luke fans to worry.

Everyone has their wants.

[Unnecessary]

Some people want a different Luke, I do too. I just hope they do it in a fashion that is logical and respectful, and that he has something worthy to contribute to this trilogy except just simply being Yoda 2.0 or die off as another mentor. With Han's death and CF's real life passing - there is a concern that all of our beloved heroes will just end up beaten and battered and die - just to make room for these new heroes. I hope that is not the case, but if it is - then yes, that is a major issue to me as a lifelong Star Wars fan.

We will find out in 3 weeks. Until then...just do what Luke says...breathe...just....breathe.

3. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Following their exploits in the Prequel Trilogy, that is exactly what happened to beloved heroes Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda in the OT. They ultimately died to make room for new heroes.

4. Tiberius.Ogden

Tiberius.Ogden Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 6, 2016
    They prefer the third option - fighting while waiting ;o)

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    very well said wise words. :)

6. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Bob Effette: Except that the original movie had Obi-Wan and Yoda dying. The original hero is Luke Skywalker, not Obi-Wan or Yoda. Thats the big difference and your point makes no sense.

7. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Liar. He is being forced to tow the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    And now the heroes are the younger characters, much like Luke was in the OT, and Obi-Wan was in the PT. My point makes perfect sense. In each trilogy, the older characters must make way for the next generation.

9. Darth Nikean

Mar 30, 2016
    I can relate to that a little because it has happened to me . It’s like growing up in a religion and taught a certain way . Just to find out your preacher priest rabbi doesn’t practice what he preaches or you find what they preach is wrong

10. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    There are several ways to make this possible, you can do it in a radical way to place the young ones in a hopeless situation. We had this from PT to OT. There is a chance of a smoothly transition, in which not everyone of the mentors dies and instead retreats to some degree, but is still valuable to share the knowledge to the youth. This would be indeed finally not a rehash of the OT and a progression ;)

11. Darth Nikean

Mar 30, 2016
    Yea I know lol and it’s fun to watch While I’m waiting

12. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    what do you mean with this? [face_dunno]

Strongbow likes this.
  13. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    That's what Yoda effectively did. He retreated until such a time he could impart knowledge to the youth. This whole business of Luke in self-imposed exile until the next generation suddenly shows up looking for tutelage is exactly a rehash of TESB. The characters are different, and the details will be different, but we are seeing familiar plot devices.

14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Just as a reminder:
    It's fine to say, "I personally don't like this" about a possible story development. But flooding the thread with negativity in order to drown out constructive discussion needs to be avoided, and it's unacceptable to tell the "Luke haters" what they can go do to themselves. This level of discourse needs to stop immediately.

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The core of Luke’s character resides in his moral choices and was never really about his ability or power. He really was a mortal among titans in the OT: Vader, Palaptine, Ben and Yoda. This is what I hope is retained in this new interpretation of the character. Luke putting his family and friends first before his own well being. I’m hopeful that these aspects of Luke’s character will be retained. Three weeks from today we’ll find out.

SunStar and Darth Gummybear like this.
  16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I am almost certain Luke will survive episode 8.

You cant have Han die and then do the same trick with Luke in the next movie.

17. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Another point for the side of reason and sanity....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Well, I took that conversation as he WILL be in IX, so I see that as something positive regardless of who is directing.

nightangel, Satipo and JediMatteus like this.
  19. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah I’m really flooding the thread with negativity

20. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I mean that Mark had huge problems with his character and now is pretending they were on the same page all along. Mark had been speaking up and KK does not like it . One of the biggest causes of concern is Hamill problem with Rian over his character. Pretty sure I’m having a constructive conversation

nightangel likes this.
  21. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    When has Mark pretended they were on the same page all along. He’s always said he was shocked by the direction Rian had taken, but that he got on board with RJ’s vision once they got going.

22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I won't be surprised if there's a cliffhanger of some kind, but yeah, I'm sure Luke will survive and physically appear in IX.

Immortiss and JediMatteus like this.
  23. Jedi_Master_Laker

Jedi_Master_Laker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    He almost certainly will based on the Journal of the Whills entry used in TFA novel. "Resolving of the grey through refined Jedi sight." Unless Rey gets fully trained in TLJ it's got to be Luke who brings this to conclusion.

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Lor San Tekka's comments at the beginning of TFA will be realised.

25. Jedi_Master_Laker

Jedi_Master_Laker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    Is balance the existence of light without dark or is it an equilibrium between the two? It's this change in lore that is key in how this all plays out IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.