main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This would be a good idea. Have Leia in the coma for most of IX too, until Luke revives her near the end...then Leia can get her happily-ever-after when she reunites with Luke at the end of IX, she doesn't have to die, and if they make an Episode X she can either be working politics off-screen or have died in the intervening gap.

nightangel likes this.
  2. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Hamill is such a nice guy.

Hope they dont kill him off. For hardcore fans, hamill was always the one who kept the flame alive.

They would lose their best PR.

Jaxxon- and nightangel like this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
  5. Kyberfreak

Kyberfreak Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 3, 2017
    So good to see him interact like this about Star Wars after Carrie was taken from us and when Harrison wanted his Solo character's journey to end. At least we've got Luke - is what I'm thinkin'.

nightangel likes this.
  6. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    true, so please keep our Luke alive as long as possible in the series. [face_praying]

Kyberfreak likes this.
  7. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    I think we've seen on Star Wars Rebels with Ezra and Kanan that two Force users or a master and an apprentice are sometimes needed to operate the ancient sites. The same was true as well as seen with Maul and Ezra.

Luke is only one guy...so...

8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    or that could be because Kanan and Ezra are nowhere near Luke's level. Can't imagine they'll have Luke wasting 6 years just waiting for someone to come so that they operate an ancient site, assuming that's even a thing in VIII.

Luke needs to have found out something, new knowledge/info before Rey ever shows up.
    I could see maybe one location where he can't access but not all of it.

nightangel likes this.
  9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    true it if turns out Luke wasted his time on Ach-to while all secrets can only be revealed when super Rey arrives, I'm done. :oops:

10. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    The idea of two Force users needed to unlock the secrets of the ancient Jedi/Sith doesn't have to do with power. It's kind of like security. Ever used multi-factor security - where you use both a password and a mobile phone number to protect your account?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-factor_authentication

11-4D and Gigoran Monk like this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    doesn't mean it's like that in every temple and would mean Luke did nothing worthwhile for 30 years.
    you forget that post ROTJ, Luke searches for Jedi and force lore before he ever established his Temple. In those instances he was most likely alone or with Tekka. Nor does it mean every temple has double security some could have only one door to open with the force and that's it.

and the reason why there was double security at the Sith Temple was because they were guarding a terrible weapon. I doubt there would be a weapon of mass destruction in a Jedi Temple.

and how does that fit what RJ said, so we'll spend a good chunk of VIII, finding out Luke did nothing on Ach-To?

Revanfan1 and nightangel like this.
  12. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    With so many scenarios potentially precipitating your departure from Star Wars fandom, how have you even lasted this long? :)

13. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Before the PT, the Sith got pounced and went into hiding until the time was right to strike.

When this happened, the Jedi went into hiding and waited until the time was right to strike, giving us the OT.

During their time in hiding, the Sith and Jedi changed their ways in order to come out on top, each by having learned something about themselves. The Sith learned that there could only be two, a Master and an apprentice, in ordwr for them to succeed. The Jedi learned that they could retain their identity after death, and thus continue their teachings.

We have to assume that in the destruction of Luke's Jedi academy Luke had realized that something greater was at play and needed to discover some things before facing it blindly.

Dra--- and hippie1kenobi like this.
  14. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Luke is still around, so...the real scenario in which I may leave is when Luke is killed off [face_sigh]

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  15. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    There would be two of us, then.

T-R-, ChildOfWinds and nightangel like this.
  16. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    We know how many years Luke was on AHCH-TO? I remember that a popular theory was that Luke had been on this island for 15/14 years but after Bloodline seems like 6/5 years (yet can be less).

nightangel likes this.
  17. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

Yes according to Bloodline Leia at least believed Luke and Ben to still be hanging out together at roughly 6 years before TFA. I guess we can presume they weren't on AHCT-TO or Kylo and Snoke wouldn't be looking for him in TFA.

This combined with Han's TFA dialog about Luke going off to look for the first temple AFTER his padawans were slaughtered ties into Luke having been there for 6 years or less.

It's still a hell of a long time to be wearing the same robes. Sea breeze or no sea breeze!

nightangel likes this.
  18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    new info on Luke

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...isode-viii-rian-johnson-mark-hamill/96351428/

#3 also touches on Luke and Rey's relationship.

TFA-Who is Luke Skywalker?
    VIII-What's going on with Luke Skywalker?

anyone wants to guess Episode IX.[face_laugh]

19. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    as we all should be. that is an AWFUL reason for Luke remaining idle during TFA.

T-R-, nightangel and JediMatteus like this.
  20. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Why is Luke Skywalker [fill in the blank]?

In other words, a la Gate Keeper and Key Master for Gozer in Ghostbusters. :p

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  21. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    sounds very good, especially that Rians seems to be a Luke fan, but on the other hand JJ was a Han fan and remember what happened in TFA. [face_sigh]

Is Sigourney Weaver already cast for VIII and/or IX (cameo would be cool)? :p

starocean90, themoth and arjank like this.
  22. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    "was a Han fan and remember what happened in TFA."

I remember seeing Harrison Ford's best acting performance for perhaps 20 years, and seeing the character of Han Solo get an ending that had a real emotional impact, possibly more so than any other death in star wars aside from Anakin's

23. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    you know I just have a problem witch such endings and it ruined RO for me.

24. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

Interesting (and promissing)
    From the interview:

3. Rey develops a strong connection to Luke Skywalker.

The new film from the start will explore the relationship between Luke (Mark Hamill) and Rey, who shows up on his remote intergalactic island with his old lightsaber “both not knowing what’s going to happen and also having a lot of expectations in her head about how this is going to go,” Johnson says. “It very much feels like what we all go through in adolescence, the dawning of this new chapter of our lives." The director adds that the deepening of familial themes in Episode VIII is "a huge part of especially Rey’s character, something that was a really powerful part of her setup and something I really wanted to dig into with this."

starocean90 and nightangel like this.
  25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    He also had a lot of screentime which was great. Harrison looked like he was enjoying himself and it wasn't a chore, which I liked even more.

titansupes and nightangel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.