main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    why is no one discussing JJ praising Hamill's acting in TLJ and seems to think he's worthy of an oscar nomination and he can't wait for people to see him and it fits very very well with how RJ called Hamill the heart/emotional entry of TLJ.

nightangel likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Perhaps because none of us have seen his performance in TLJ yet. :D Once we do, another story. Mark is an excellent actor, don't need JJ to grok that.

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    do you think JJ has already seen the rough cut? I really hope JJ is right and that Luke's role is perfect. His words sound like a lot of drama is going on. :D

Darth Gummybear likes this.
  4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the point is not about seeing his performance, my point is that JJ and RJ's words echo how powerful Luke will be dramatically/emotionally in TLJ.

As for whether JJ has seen a cut, his words do seem to say he's seen something involving Luke at the minimum whether he's seen the whole film or not is another story.

nightangel likes this.
  5. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    why don't they show me a cut of the film so that I can confirm it? [face_batting] I agree, Luke really seems to be the heart and soul of TLJ. :D

Darphus_Mon likes this.
  6. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Remember when some were saying JJ hates Luke and Mark by extension?

Cause I do. [face_batting]

7. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    I hope JJ "nominating" Mark doesn't turn out like when he "nominated" Harrison. JJ was promising that Harrison would get a nomination, and then he didn't allow TFA to screen for precursors in order to protect mystery box. No precursor love, no nomination.

I'm sure Mark will be incredible but Disney isn't big on campaigning blockbusters for awards. Fingers crossed he at least pulls a Sly.

nightangel likes this.
  8. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

I understood like he was talking about more than one person
    "There are people who I will be disappointed if they don’t get nominated, because I think the work they did was really exemplary.” http://ew.com/article/2016/01/09/harrison-ford-oscar-nomination/

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    and the Oscar for best supporting hacktor goes to....:p

Django Fett and nightangel like this.
  10. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    You are right. It still stands that he sabotaged everyone's chance when TFA wasn't screened for precursors. It's a miracle that it snagged Best Editing even though editing was clunky (Finn hearing screams from Maz Castle patrons before they happened, nuff said) .

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  11. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    It was nominated because the rest of the film was very well edited. One minor moment that confused a handful of fans on a forum doesn't negate that.

jaqen and Darth Gummybear like this.
  12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

No disrespect you or Mark. I don't need to hear it from either director about how about dramatic/powerful Luke will be. What the directors say and what will be, might be two different things. I have some faith that Mark wasn't brought back simply to be a tease for the entire trilogy.

Hype and praise especially from Hollywood directors and publicity machines means very little to me until I see the final product. I trust in Mark that Luke will have some great moments going forward.

jaqen likes this.
  13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Rian is known to be a Mark/Luke fan, so hearing some good words from a known Han/Harrison fan like JJ is not so bad. :p

14. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    I think JJ or Rian will not act like a usual SW fan. They are professional, if they want to say how much they liked about X and Y actor they will said. Rian could be a C3PO big fan, it don't mean that he will be like "damn, I don't want to say it but this Leia's scene was great..." he is an adult lol

15. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I didn't know anything about TFA until I saw it

jaqen and oncafar like this.
  16. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Yes. He's an Executive Producer on the thing. He'll see any cut shown to the "suits." As I understand it, he is still involved with LFL-level decisions.

DaddlerTheDalek and nightangel like this.
  17. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Well, you are assuming that's what he heard. I still don't think so....

18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm part of the elite Luke fanboy union.

Django Fett likes this.
  19. Korr Sella

Korr Sella Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 1, 2016

I doubt the lack of screeners had much if anything to do with it, there is very little chance of anyone getting an acting nomination in a Star Wars film no matter how good the performance is. It may have hurt it in the Best Picture nomination, but genre bias is a thing and no one in TFA was ever going to be nominated for an acting award no matter when it was released.

I'll happily eat my words if this time next year we're talking about Academy Award Nominee Mark Hamill, but I very much doubt it.

jaqen and dragonchic like this.
  20. prlrocks

prlrocks Jedi Master star 2

Jun 15, 2009
    From what we see under the hat, it seems that his hair is closer to his normal color. I was thinking they's strip the dye out, because otherwise he'd have to wear a wig, lol

21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Eh, whatever. For me, it all comes down what is done with the character. I am hopeful good things will be done this time around with Luke and others. If that leads to a much deserved award for Mark, great. If not, he will always be golden in my mind.

nightangel likes this.
  22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    he'll only stay golden if he defeats an army of thousands all alone.:p

Mostly Handless and nightangel like this.
  23. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I didn't think TFA was Oscar-worthy in any category. TLJ would have to feature some major shifts in tone and style to convince me that it's worthy of such accolades.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I love the crap out of TFA but I will never confuse it for a Wes Anderson film or some form of high art. Mark is probably gonna give the performance of his life but the "acting" awards don't get offered to films like these.

25. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Yes, I think JJ is just saying Mark will be fantastic (something I'm sure he will be)

nightangel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.