main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Middle acts are never fun for the good guys. Your wish will likely be granted in one form or another.

Satipo likes this.
  2. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Mary Sue is a disallowed term here, FYI. It's a conversation killer.

And in this case, all you need to be triggered into that position is that Rey confronts a sea creature? You don't even know what happens, or how.

Personally, I think based on what it looks like, and MSW's report about how confronting it wins her the trust of the "porgs," I think it's as simple as an aquatic animal that preys on the porg hatchlings (MSW also tells us about those). Probably isn't rancor-sized, or anything like that. More like an elephant seal.

3. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I hope they make an anthology film about a female Jedi master named Mary Sue. Hope it pisses a lot of people off too.[face_devil]

4. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

If this is the thing, it's fairly big.

[​IMG]

5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Oh dear.

Triggered indeed.

This post is going to look even sillier once you've seen the film.

6. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    He ain't big, he's my brother.

7. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I'd put it at about 11-feet tall. I suppose if you stood a huge elephant seal up vertically, it'd be about that big. In any event, it doesn't look Rancor-level tall.

ETA: Here are some people next to a large Sea Lion and elephant seals. This creature looks to be around that size:

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/jpl/images/content/168789main_sealion-2-browse.jpg

https://ecoviacentral.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/elephant-seal-goes-too-far-blm.jpg

http://www.stevebloom.com/images/b/510587-BS1.jpg

TheBBP likes this.
  8. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Are there two creatures in those pics? You have Aquaborgullet on the rocks, and then a crocodile type tail in the water in one pic. Or are they the same creature?

TheBBP and Gigoran Monk like this.
  9. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I don't see a tail in the water. Which photo?

10. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Male elephant seals can get 20 feet and weigh over 8,000 pounds.

11. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I think it's in nightangel's penultimate pic. I think it's a ridged croc like tail attacked to the dinghy the crew members are on. Then in the last pic it's not there.

I think whatever happens here it's going to symbolise some lesson Rey must absorb.

I just wondered if it was a scene where one creature may devour another or if it's all the same thing.

12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Since we are so far off-topic... Ever heard of the Trillia Massacre?

Gigoran Monk and Satipo like this.
  13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Well, there you go then! Thanks.

I'm guessing the sea creature threatens the birds/ their hatchlings, and Rey confronting it has to do with gaining their trust.

Satipo and Rabs like this.
  14. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    It's not a Jedi the story would tell you.

15. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yes, but is that a tail in the water? I can't get back on topic until I know I'm not seeing things, damn it!

16. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Only absolutes deal in Sith Lords.

Revanfan1, Rabs, Satipo and 1 other person like this.
  17. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Pretty sure Rey is on the menu regardless if they are people eating creatures. There is not much space there for running about and stuff so maybe they will just sit and have a heart to heart about why Luke is so grumpy all the time.

The creature looks really relaxed.

18. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Love the fact that a hypothesised fight between Rey and a creature that no-one knows anything about is being used as evidence of Rey being overpowered.

19. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Hmmmm...... sealskin cloak..... elephant seal looking fellow on the coastal rocks...... this photo here:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNDE-ouh6WR/

Luke is a "zealer".... a hunter of zeals..... specifically, elephant zeals. Ephant Zealmon is coming ashore to avenge the death of his people. An elephant zeal never forgets.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  20. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    A reminder that that this is the Luke thread, not the Rey thread and certainly not the "MaryRay Sue" thread.

Rickleo123 "Mary Sue" is a disallowed term. Don't use it again.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    You need to take a red pill, CEB, then you'll see.

Jabba'sFirstCousin72 likes this.
  22. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
  23. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Snoke wants no Jedi to rise again....Luke wants the Jedi to end.....if he is not, but both have the same goal?

No seriously, but I suspect some kind of Jeckyll & Hyde kind of thing. Luke discovered a dark secret and this secret kind of changed him...[face_dunno]

I think you mean the 2 water only pics? There was a kind of jetski attached to the boat, it was used by 2 guys/girls. So some water action happened in the filming.

Jabba'sFirstCousin72 likes this.
  24. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Whilst I think its terribly, terribly unlikely there are conceivable ways they could want the same end and yet use different methods to reach it.

Lets entertain for one very brief moment that Snoke and Luke both want the Jedi to end regardless of the reason or method.

The one assumption that impacts this most is that we believe they know each other. Of cause we assume they do but if they don't they could have come to the very same conclusion in parallel. All of these force sensitive people keep getting discovered by Jedi who in turn train them. So if Luke sees the Jedi as the problem he could go and hide and stop training new ones. If Snoke see's them as the problem wipe them out.

We don't yet know if the cycle of renewal is the problem but if it is then maybe thats what Luke has discovered and Snoke already knows.

Edited

Of cause Luke would have to truly believe he is The Last Jedi and they will die out with him. To discover the rise again in the dark side shows error in his decision.

25. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    I think you got mixed up. IMO Luke is down about what happened to his new order and that he has not found the answers yet, this is why he feels the Jedi must end. He then, along with Rey makes the vital discovery of old Jedi lore (books seen n trailer) and this rejuvenates him.

2nd scenario is it could also be that this lore is also the reason he feels the Jedi as we know it must end. Even in this scenario i am certain it would lead to a new Jedi order rising, as has already been predicted by Snoke in TFA

Demsa Aztor, Satipo and nightangel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.