main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I came so close to blubbering when I saw this image this morning. It reminds of the promos they did for Star Wars. They truly look like siblings. If I think of Luke and Leia post OT, this is the image I will carry in my mind and heart.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I can die content if this picture is the only time we see Luke and Leia together and not in the movie.

3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    OMG the picture of Luke and Leia is SO BEAUTIFUL. Brings warm but also sad memories.

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    true, best image ever. I will let a poster service make a special print for me. [face_love]

Master of None, B99, jaqen and 2 others like this.
  5. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    For sure, 100%, this is the type of image that I can see being as iconic as all other SW posters we had since the OT days.

6. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
  7. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    is that guy harassing MH?

8. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    that's Vanity Fair contributor David Kamp. :p

oncafar likes this.
  9. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    *stands corrected*

nightangel likes this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I don’t know, it seems as though they all reunite at the end. I’m pretty sure Issac talks about working with Hamill in the VF article.

11. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013

Is that a bathrobe or a lightweight coat? 'Cuz either way, I kind want it...

Master of None and nightangel like this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's Luke's Lightmeter.

No it's not. It's an audio recorder.

13. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I wonder if the photo of Luke and Leia together is an indicator that they'll share screentime together in TLJ, or simply a random photoshoot that they decided to include in the Vanity Fair exclusive for sweet reasons.

nightangel likes this.
  14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It very well could be. And unfortunately the issues with RO has sort of meddled any kind of definitive insight we think we might have based on photos or short clips we see. Like that iconic shot of Jyn in the hallway that was apparently just done as a random photo shoot. Or just the shots that appear in the early trailers that don't appear in the movie. Anytime we see something now the automatic default response is going to be "well we'll just have to wait and see what actually makes it in the movie." And I think it will take a long while for people to shake that. And it's all because of RO...[face_shame_on_you]

Revanfan1 and nightangel like this.
  15. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah... ?

I must admit - I love seeing Leia in dark clothing ala Luke in Jedi. Reminds me (which is easy to forget) that she is Vaders daughter!

16. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    maybe i've been thinking too big with luke and the "it's time for the jedi to end" line. it might be that luke feels like this whole jedi legacy of his family has destroyed his family and it would be better if people just forgot about the force so they don't learn to wield it and wreck more lives and more families. it might be too late for his family, but there could be hope for others in the future. and so part of luke's conflict regarding training rey would be that he's carrying this huge light of knowledge (he's discovered SO MUCH MORE) about the force, but he's sitting on it and it will die with him... so of course part of him wants to pass it to rey, but there is what it did to his family. so he's gone off into the west like bilbo/frodo to live with the frog nuns (elves) in peace after all this crap happened that he can't fix because he can't get ben back.

jlovesee likes this.
  17. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Great shots of Luke. Although I hope at some point in the movie he wears black like in ROTJ. Luke in black just looks awesome.

nightangel likes this.
  18. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    black would mean darker luke

19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Luke looks caring and comforting... Leia looks rather more serious, like something is going on in her head.

nightangel likes this.
  20. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Losing your husband by the hand of your son would do that. :( I love how much Luke is comforting her in that shot (Force healing?)

nightangel likes this.
  21. Tiberius.Ogden

Tiberius.Ogden Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 6, 2016
    "But while the blue weapon that once belonged to Anakin meant a good deal to Luke, the blade that can truly be called “Luke’s lightsaber,” according to Lucasfilm, is the one he builds himself in a cut scene from Return of the Jedi.
    As for that green lightsaber Luke made for himself, it has yet to resurface in any of the marketing materials surrounding the current trilogy. Has Luke abandoned it along with, potentially, his faith in the Jedi way? Will we see Luke wield it again in The Last Jedi?
    Hidalgo says vaguely yet reassuringly: “We take to heart the lesson that Obi-Wan tried to impart to Anakin: ‘This weapon is your life.’ We’re not ones to lose track of lightsabers.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-lightsaber-the-last-jedi?

22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think the earthy colors of his robes are to reflect the natural environment of Ach-To. I wouldn't rule out a costume change when he leaves the planet.

nightangel likes this.
  23. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Yes! I'm not fond of the "Old Republic Jedi"/"Crazy Old Hermit" look. Although the hair/beard look appropriate and a nice contrast with OT Luke. I bet his longer hair is both an ANH throwback and a way to distinguish him from OT Obi-Wan.

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm confident the beard will stay. It reflects his age, and as you say, differentiates him from OT Luke.

nightangel likes this.
  25. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.