main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contreras1991

Contreras1991 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 18, 2017
    And it will be like this ... until December... so it will be a loooooooooooong ride

2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Mark's comments re: Rian's direction with the character are disconcerting.

Jedi Knight Fett and nightangel like this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Ergh.
    It's like a little Star Wars Alt-Right conspiracy theory.

4. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Rian is fake news.

11-4D likes this.
  5. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Yup. Mark said Rian Johnson's script was a disaster. A total failure. Sad!

6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Mark should build a wall around it and having Disney to pay for it.
    The inside he will call Luke's Land

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    Daisy asked for a back channel to Rian to discuss TLJ. Totally uncalled for.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  8. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Just found the motto they gave Snoke: "Make the galaxy prostrate again."

Figures.

9. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    this thread [face_blush]:oops:
    I guess I will follow Chorus advice to watch more movies this evening. :rolleyes:

10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I recommend Britannia Hospital

or Village of the damned?
    [​IMG]

nightangel likes this.
  11. Josh S

Josh S Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2017
    Luke Skywalker Theory: Why Hamill "Fundamentally Disagreed" with the Direction of Luke in Star Wars Episode 8

– Hamill has previously said that he wished Luke had come in at the end of The Force Awakens to save the day

– So, Hamill views Luke as a brave hero

– If he "fundamentally disagreed" with the direction of Luke in The Last Jedi, then that means Luke likely will not fully fit this characterization in Episode 8

– Instead, the most likely scenario is that Luke will be a reluctant hero in The Last Jedi

– This fits with my previous theory that Luke will be in a bad place psychology to start out The Last Jedi and that he will initially resist or reject Rey’s pleas for him to join the fight against the First Order

– Link to the Full Article: http://starwarsanalysis.com/luke-skywalker-theory-vanity-fair/

oncafar likes this.
  12. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    In the context of our discussions yesterday I read this this morning and I'm just totally lost for words. Totally! I have always thought Lukes roll was small in TFA but that was to fit into the story and to expand as the story goes on. That could still happen but wow. Just wow. You just assume there is a team of writers who know the story better than anyone who had sat down and had done a skeleton plan for all three movies and where the story is going. This sounds like three stand alone movies that they have to somehow morph into a coherent story depending on how the previous director left the previous movie.

"The director took to Twitter yesterday, after he revealed in his Vanity Fair interview from last week that he was given a great deal of creative freedom in crafting The Last Jedi story. This fan was wondering how much of the story had been mapped out, before the filmmaker had signed on to direct, back in June 2014, pointing to an interview with Kathleen Kennedy, where she teased that they were plotting out the structure to the whole trilogy in advance. As it turns out, there was nothing concrete for either Star Wars: The Last Jedi or Star Wars IX when Rian Johnson came aboard. Here's what the filmmaker had to say on Twitter below.

"I'm sure they talked about where it might go early on, but when they came to me there was no mapped story presented beyond TFA."

ChildOfWinds, nightangel and arjank like this.
  13. Contreras1991

Contreras1991 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 18, 2017
    Lucasfilm is giving the directors basically complete freedom to write the story, without contradicting the other directors

14. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Hamill has claimed he never knew what Luke's ST backstory was - that he had to make it up in his own mind - and we're going to have to wait for the novels and comics and stuff to tell us about it because it's still much of a mystery in Episode VIII. That's when Kennedy cut him off at Celebration.

15. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I don't like where this is all going... I thought all the questions from TFA would have answers.

Darth Smurf, ChildOfWinds and MS1 like this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

They will. It's just that those answers hadn't been decided yet when that movie was written.

themoth likes this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    hmmmm [face_worried][face_worried][face_worried]

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    See, this is where continuity becomes an issue! Because they didn't care enough about the answers - only to mystify us with mystery box bs

ChildOfWinds, LadySithLord and MS1 like this.
  19. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Did Mark not have initial criticisms of where Rian was taking with Luke's character? Is it fake news?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

I don't think continuity will be an issue, though. Story Group's there to smooth over discontinuity. They won't force changes on the script or dictate what has to happen, but if they see something contradictory, they'll call the writer on it.

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I know deep down that if Mark is not happy chances are I will not be - He gets Luke Skywalker! (Who else would more??) They should listen to him.

Unless he really gets it done in ep 9!

Revanfan1 I know it's petty - But how about Kylos scar? That's just the beginning... "It's not pretty enough" [face_dunno]

MS1 likes this.
  22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    My philosophy on writing has always been, if you're going to set up major plot points, or have mysteries/twists in your story, then you should at least have an ending planned out. Like "I know where it starts and I know where it ends." Now how you get there, well there's where you can be more flexible. I don't find "well I'll set it up, and then make up the answer later" to be a particularly effective way to do things, nor passing the buck to another person to answer it either.

For example, as much as I love Stephen King's work overall, his endings tend to be rather underwhelming. And it's because, by his own admission, he usually doesn't have an ending planned out when he starts writing. So he has to essentially make one up from scratch later on, and it tends not to go well a lot of the time.

23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

I get what you're saying. But as far as important story-related stuff goes, I feel like we're safe. The Story Group has no control over the makeup and costume departments. They can give input to the writers. It probably wasn't the writers who said "Hey, let's move Kylo's scar an inch to the right." It might have been RJ, but he probably said it to a costumer/makeup artist. It's not in the script. They can't help little stuff like that.

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Fair enough... Remember though, the PT wasn't that long ago and plenty of story ideas that were set up fell by the wayside! Back on track - Hopefully you are right.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They couldn't even keep continuity 100% smooth in the OT, where there was far less backstory, far less intentional mysteries, and Lucas was involved in all of them to one degree or another.

The thing is, the more people who are involved, the MORE likely that there's going to be continuity gaffs along the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.