main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    It means nothing. Hamill would never so conspicuously reveal a possible spoiler of that magnitude. He's trolling.

2. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Though I'd actually enjoy it if RJ pulled the rug out from under every fan theory and had Finn be Luke's son (Force sensitive or not) with the two actors talking like this because they know the fans would never take them seriously on this "Mark's just trolling again". You know...hiding in plain sight.

If Luke has a holo of a lost love and she's of African descent....ah well...won't happen....but it'd be fun to see the number of heads exploding on line....and it'd be interesting to have the Son Luke knew nothing about, raised in evil, and reject it...Finn embracing his father's legacy where as Kylo Ren is embracing that of his grandfather.

3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I certainly wouldn't mind if Finn was Luke's son (provided the story rationale made sense). But based on Mark's social media record, I think this is his usual schtick. But who knows?

4. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Note to everyone: Mark will be a presenter at the 2017 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on New York tomorrow night at 8 pm Easter time. And he's sitting next to "daddy" noneother than James Earl Jones himself who will be receiving a lifetime achievement award.

jimtalkbox, oncafar and nightangel like this.
  5. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
  6. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Part of me feels that they wouldn't joke so much about "so-and-so is related to so-and-so!" if we weren't in for SOME sort of "they're related!" reveal, even if it has nothing to do with Rey's parents.

I'm not expecting any slip-ups from the directors, KK, or main actors, though. But off-the-cuff remarks made by those with less media training/prep might be more insightful. That's my theory, at least XP

7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes and combined with this Japan thing about a big reveal + Hamill/Ridley comments about the direction. I know one single thing would mean nothing and could be out of context, but several such hints going into a similar direction make me nervous. [face_worried]

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    It would take guts... Although i think it's out of Character for Luke..

nightangel likes this.
  9. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    The big reveal is probably more to do with the nature of the force rather than Luke being evil.

Satipo and nightangel like this.
  10. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
    !
    [​IMG]

No need to be nervous it all started on John's twitter when he was talking about another job and couldn't believe/understand why people think everything he posts has to do with Star Wars.... Then Mark had to get in on it with his 'son' jokes!

Satipo, nightangel and TK327 like this.
  11. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Agreed, those tweets mean absolutely nothing.

The reason behind Luke's belief that the Jedi should end could provide more than enough of a shocking reveal.

If you want to hang onto something Daisy said, I'd suggest pondering her comment that she doesn't think Rey is a Jedi.

12. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    I'm usually not one to post youtube 'theory' videos, but I saw one the other day that ties into that. It makes a lot of sense metaphorically, and since I have never read the Yoda comic before, it sounded pretty fresh and new.

The idea is that the plot that goes down in the Yoda comic is a purposely constructed metaphor of all the events that have taken place thus far in the main saga. The main takeaway, though, is that the force shouldn't be taken advantage of by mortals in the galaxy. And for this reason, Luke decides that the Jedi must end.

Not trying to worry anyone or suggest that this might happen - but I just thought it might be an interesting topic of discussion.

13. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I'd like to see Finn being Luke's son. Imagine Kylo's face if the "traitor" is a Skywalker too.

Luke (22/23 years old hero) was terribly injured by Vader in their first lightsaber fight
    Finn (22/23 years old hero) was terribly injured by Kylo Ren in their first lightsaber fight
    [​IMG]

starfish, nightangel and Demsa Aztor like this.
  14. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016

If anything, it could be Rey.

nightangel and B99 like this.
  15. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    Mmmm. Jojo
    I think john was playing around. Mark followed up by trolling. Lol
    Think they're trying to keep the parentage thing in people's heads when in fact the big revelation will actually be something completely different and throw us for a loop. That's my thinking anyway.

16. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I would actually be shocked if the "Big Twist/Shock" were parent-related.

17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A genuine shock will be tough to pull off.
    If Rey goes Dark, plenty of people have talked that.
    If Rey is related to anyone, it's been discussed.
    If it's some weird, ghost, time travel, possession, reincarnation twist, well....

18. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Most things that would be shocking at this point would be shocking only because they're awful ideas.

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Luke knew Rey's parents-Lots of people have talked about it.
    Luke killed Rey's parents-Plenty of people have brought it up as a possibility.

20. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    I would have to agree with you on that, even thought her parentage will be addressed.

21. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I don't think the Big Twist will be anything we *can* really speculate on atm. And yet, it can't be totally WTF?

People are all focused on who Rey's parents are and if she's related to Kylo or not. I don't imagine her parentage being terribly complicated, though. For me, at this point, she's Rey Skywalker or Rey Totally Random, both of which I would consider very predictable. Rey Created/Virgin Birth would be a big PT callback, which they seem to be trying to avoid. Rey Kenobi or Rey Palpatine would require more explanation than Rey Skywalker, whose biggest problem, imo, is the logistics of dealing with the mom. Rey Semi-Random (we don't know parents but their positions/roles were significant in the pre-TFA backstory) is problematic because there'd be no reason to withhold her last name. (I think Rey Totally-Random has that problem too, but at least the Totally-Random theory, the lack of last name might simply be to emphasize her randomness...?)

In any case, I'm excited by RJ's promise of "deepening of familal themes" in TLJ!! Even of my hopes for Rey Skywalker are dashed, wouldn't it be awesome if perhaps Rey sees her parents in a Forceback and can even interact with them??? Or for Luke and Rey to end TLJ with a sort of father-daughter dynamic after butting heads earlier in the film? Ahhhhh!! XD

nightangel likes this.
  22. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    Yes, I like the idea of familial themes. I'm down with it if she's a Random or related to someone we know. But I still think there's some kind of connection to Luke, blood or not, that's important. If their rapport begins in not so hospitable way then ok, great. It creates conflict and tension. I'd rather see that then, wow, we're BFFs and going on an adventure. I'd find that boring. There's got to be tension there. Going back to familial themes, there's so much in common between the two characters for them discover and explore as they set out a their journey: both from desert planets, both wanting to find their identities, to know about their families in some way or another, both having experienced loss (e.g. Luke mother/father, Rey, same), both trying to figure out their role now. I"m just rambling here, but I think there's a lot to work with here. These commonalities I think in the end, will build their relationship into a very important one. I think they will both learn what they need to learn in some way from each other.

nightangel likes this.
  23. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
  24. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Feels like Mark has been through a decade of anti-aging over the last few years.

[​IMG]

Huge image.

25. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    They made him look older than HF at the end of TFA tho XD Luke is supposed to be 53 for goodness sake!

MS1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.