main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    And then Luke will be all, "I REALLY wish that Forceback happened before we made out! Why does this keep happening to me!?!?!?!?"

2. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    *headdesk* MAH BRAIIINNNNNN!!!

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    why not? His father also helped Luke defating Palps, so why not Luke helping to defeat Snoke? :)

Ridley Solo and JoJoPenelli like this.
  4. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Vader died...:(

5. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I know :( yeah, so better not such a confrontation. :(

Master_Lok likes this.
  6. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Agreed. Would be almost impossibly epic, but also cant have Luke overshadow the youngins

7. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
  8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_rofl]

Luke grumbles under his breath: "What part of leave me alone do you not understand?"

I'll wait for the actual poster, that description was too much for my brain right now.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    So - another indication that there will be some "dark" aspect to Luke...

What's especially intriguing is how on the concept art - and especially the teaser poster - there's been no effort to hide this fact. If Luke shows a dark side in TLJ, well...it's not intended to be a twist! (I've seen that poster several times while out and about.)

Now consider that alongside how Luke is dressed in "messianic" white at the end of TFA (and part of TLJ, it looks like).

nightangel likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
  11. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    You think patricide is evil??

Try PORGACIDE!!

Luke would never be redeemed...

nightangel likes this.
  12. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    If the zapper thing is an indication, I'd say it's a given that if Luke fires up his old saber (and I think he will at some point even if it's in 9) then we won't get a sniff of it until the movie - like Rey in TFA and Vader in R1. They're holding that moment back for sure. Story wise I can see some kind of Narsil type riff here, mixed in with old reluctant hero won't pick up God sword trope.

13. Tiberius.Ogden

Tiberius.Ogden Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 6, 2016
    I think that they are aware of that, Rian and story group, they are trying not to mention anything which could indicate it ... and they don't let us be dissapointed. It's the same case like Vader in Rogue One, because we knew that he'll be there, we knew that he'll be just for limited time, but that his presence is awesome, but we didn't know that there'll be intentional fanservice.
    But in this case, where old jedi master, who were told that lightsaber is weapon of his life ...will have big role, seems even bigger in comparison with Harrison in TFA, we feel that igniting green isn't just fanservice, but natural thing implemented in the story, but yes, very requested and desired.
    By the way Mark in one interview talked about complex fight-choreography, how dificult is to prepare something like that with so many people involved in order to look like badass fighter, so it was quite nice hint from him. ;o)

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    My guess? The zapper tool is probably what he used while in seclusion. When he comes back to fight the First Order the green one will come back.

TK327 and Satipo like this.
  15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015

[​IMG]

:D[:D]:D

Ridley Solo, soul8luos and nightangel like this.
  16. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    [face_love] [:D] :D

Jaxxon- and Darth Smurf like this.
  17. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Haha oh god apparently one angry phone call from LFL/Disney wasn't enough for Mark? :p

nightangel likes this.
  18. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    I don't think at all it's an indication he has gone dark. I do think it's an indication he uses a "zapper" rod instead of a lightsaber throughout the film if featured prominently on a poster.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Wow. SO glad to see this thread has some positivity back! :cool:

The speculation about Luke tossing the saber into the ocean is great! (as is the Moana gif! [face_laugh]) And there is a precedent for Luke tossing lightsabers away to make a point...ROTJ, anyone? I love the idea of Rey and Luke being antagonistic toward each other at first but coming around later and coming through for each other when things get serious. That would explain a lot- expectations being turned on their heads, Luke not being the figure Rey thought he would be, Mark Hamill being flabbergasted by his character -without leaving everyone depressed and disappointed.

Demsa Aztor, Revanfan1 and B99 like this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Luke tosses Lightsaber in ocean, and Rey has to go get it??

Don't we see Rey(?) diving into water in the BTS trailer??

Jo Lucas, Revanfan1 and Ridley Solo like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's a cool idea. Perhaps she can't get it by fighting the sea monster off which she attempts to do a couple of times. Only when she learns to use the Force to calm the beast is she able to retrieve it.

22. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Rey can SWIM??

Ridley Solo likes this.
  23. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

It's hard for me to imagine that with all the anticipation and the potential for such Arthurian symbolism (which seems to be built into the ST from near the beginning), that they wouldn't have Arthur pick up his sword eventually. I guess maybe one of the big "surprises" is that he never does, but I gotta think that that would just leave the movie feeling a little incomplete. This is the middle chapter, and therefore has to leave room for resolution in the third chapter, but given that TFA left us just having met our long-lost hero, it seems implausible to me that they wouldn't make his presence in this film seem satisfying, even if it takes till near the end of the movie.

ChildOfWinds and Satipo like this.
  24. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Wellll Luke = Arthur, Kylo = Mordred....but who pulls the sword from the stone - ahem, saber from the snow? Rey

Kind of an Arthurian mash-up ;) Maz = Lady of the Lake, too

nightangel, Satipo and Strongbow like this.
  25. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Yeah, it's not a direct analogue, and that's good. But it very much has that epic, Aurthurian feel. I freakin' LOVE it.

Demsa Aztor and Satipo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.