main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    And if it hobbles and wobbles its way to the Resistance base/fleet? XD

Satipo likes this.
  2. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Heh, let's say it signifies that "time has passed" since he was last in the fray...

3. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Well, although we have seen a shot of R2 on the Falcon, I don't recall any evidence he leaves Ach-To on it. Don't get my hopes up!

4. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    I like the idea of we see the xwing on the water, no one's raises it out of the water, Rey leaves in the MF. Then Luke shows up in the hobbled xwing. And there's only one way he could've retrieved it. ;)

We never see it, but every serious fan will be elbowing their buddies in the theater.

Rodie and Avnar like this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    You know what... (Unless I have missed those conversations) Everyone is so keen on seeing Luke get his lightsaber out no-one is talking about whether or not he will engage in a battle...in his x-wing! :cool: Wouldn't that be something!

6. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    As amazing as it would be to see Luke raise the X-Wing out of the water (like poetry), it would be kind of silly if that thing still flew after sitting in the water for so long...

(Maybe Chewie could fix it?)

7. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    Luke raising the x-wing out of water?? Please NO.... we've had enough pointless callbacks from JJ in TFA that nearly ruined the film. Let the filmmakers come with new iconic moments for the story rather than more fan service nostalgia.

starocean90 likes this.
  8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    yeah my problem with that is as an above poster said would it be realistic for him to fly an X-Wing that was in the water for all those years?

as well to the fact that I don't like Luke being like Yoda or doing a Yoda. He should be as far away as possible to Yoda and Kenobi.

9. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    He's placed himself in exile in a remote location for years. He's already a LOT like them! :D also, if the X-Wing is shown in the water, there's no way it's staying there...! ;)

Avnar and Artoo-Dion like this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He needs to lift a Star Destroyer out of the water. Only then will he truly be a Jedi Master. :p

Gigoran Monk and Artoo-Dion like this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I am not keen on the repetition either and especially not being those two (or mirroring if that's a kinder way of saying it :p); however the self imposed exile after a having a hand in a major (perhaps) galactic-wide :oops:would make me want to hide under very dangerous looking rock formations too.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I know his backstory is already too much like them for my taste, destroyed Order, exile, another traitorous Skywalker student, rise of the darkside and an evil Empire 2.0. But it doesn't mean they need to take it a step further.

I would only take one thing from them and that's a Luke with a plan. Does Luke have an actual plan is yet to be seen.....

13. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    My only question is, not whether an swing that's been marinating in the ocean for 6 years can still fly or not, but...is Luke going orange jumpsuit or robes when flying?

Avnar likes this.
  14. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    This is fantasy and science fiction guys, the fact that X-Wings fly at all (and make sound in space) is incredible and fantastic and movie magic, I think we can suspend our disbelief about a spaceship that was wet for a few years (not 30) flying again.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This scenario may very well be the precise reason for Rian's request that JJ have Artoo on Ahch-To rather than BB8. Not merely a character relative to Luke but an actual storytelling device for TLJ.

16. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    And it's possibly going to have a rough landing anyway. It won't be operating like it's brand new.

Ridley Solo, Rodie and Strongbow like this.
  17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Nice. I don't think we need to see it raised. People will get it. Or maybe a quick shot of Luke staring at the water. Next time we see him, his X-wing is swooping into the belly of Snokes SSD!

Darth Gummybear and Strongbow like this.
  18. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Dammit. Hopes up. I hate you people!!

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Speculation is the acorn which grows the mighty oak... of disappointment.

Jaxxon-, Artoo-Dion and Strongbow like this.
  20. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    yes pIease!

Avnar and nightangel like this.
  21. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    How about orange robes?

Darphus_Mon and Mungo Baobab like this.
  22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It's got nothing to do with nostalgia - it's about changing the storytelling through context and progression. That said, we don't know the x-wing is coming out of the water, so the context/ progression could just be that this time Luke's ship stays sunken by his own choice. And RJ will provide new iconic moments.

CEB likes this.
  23. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Well, no, the engines no longer work, that's true. But Luke no longer needs them to. He just sits in the cockpit and projects the X-Wing through space, using the Force. That old cockpit seat is still as comfy as ever, though.

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It could be Rian deliberately torturing the audience. We see the X Wing there. We know what has happened before, and so we're waiting for it.

And then it just doesn't happen.
    We're left feeling a bit frustrated, like a song on the radio that's cut off before it's finished.

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Did I ever say otherwise, nope. Pay attention next time. If some people like this arc, then fine. I can see why they would.

But myself, the idea of "we just killed everyone OFFSCREEE, reset everything, destroy EVERYTHING that the OT accomplished post-ROTJ completely, and make Luke a bitter old man" is not all that appealing.

Could they still sell me on it, sure they could. But I'm not going to pretend like I'm MORE excited for where they're going with him than I was pre-TFA, because I'm not.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.