main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I wonder if he dies at he end of 8.

mattman8907 likes this.
  2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Well if they plan on rebuilding the Jedi Order again I would hope he survives the Saga. He will be important. And since it is just him and Rey at the momemt, it could take another 30 years.

3. Order 66

Order 66 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    He's learned from his past mistakes. Yoda told him in ESB that he could not save his friends anyways and that he must be patient, maybe he had a vision of Han dying, but this time he could do nothing to go and try to save him.

4. ZackKane

ZackKane Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2015
    Luke is now more of a wizard in his knowledge of the force. Actually after being that powerful in ROTJ, and 30+ years of force study, I really would be disappointed if he actually had to pull the axe out again (other than train a would be Jedi)..I believe on his level of knowledge of the force he would have powers that make force lightning childs play

mattman8907, morrison85 and astinus4 like this.
  5. haaschnp

haaschnp Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    Regarding Luke = coward. The man had a pretty big mantle to fill- be the next Obi-Wan, the next Yoda. train the new round of Jedi and don't mess up cuz you're the only Jedi Master (which ya know....he really wasn't) He already was wrestling with the Dark Side in ROTJ. He overcame. Doesn't mean he conquered that side of him for good. Who can? But, he believes in restarting the Jedi. He starts training. Along comes Ben Solo. His close friend's son. And he fails him. He fails Han, his sister and so many others whose kids were slaughtered. Sure it wasn't all Luke's fault- if any at all- but he feels it is. And fear and worry and doubt entered his heard the moment Ben Solo killed his trainees. (Where was he when this happened?) He remembers the cave on Dagobah. He remembers Yoda's warning. "FEAR leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." He's down a dark path. not against Ben Solo or his hidden master. He's angry and fearful and doubting himself, which is equally valid for bringing him, the last Jedi Master down. The man's feeling mighty low and doesn't want to cause more trouble so he removes himself from everything to give him time to come to grips with his Losses and failures, to overcome his fear and doubt of himself. Why hasn't he returned? Because, he hasn't overcome himself yet. He's still struggling against his fear, his anger, his self-hatred. He knows, at a moments notice, he could give in and become a new Vader, self destructive and terrifying. Sure it sucks that he left and did more harm than good perhaps (another thing he may be wrestling; having left long ago, how could he ever come back? He's ashamed and again, terrified and what awaits him. He doesn't want to face that in case he fails to truly falls to the dark side) Look at his face when he sees Rey. He isn't too thrilled. Poor guy. Let's hold off on calling him a coward- which still may be warranted - until we learn more.
    Also, as per another theory of man, Luke discovered the identity of Snoke and realizes he can't face him. This is why he's been searching for Jedi temples of the past. He needs guidance. My guess is that He and Rey won't be like Yoda and Luke training. it will be like Obi Wan and anakin. Obi-Wan wasn't ready and had too much on his plate (Clone War) to properly teach and train. Luke is too overcome with guilt and a fear of messing up more than he has that he won't become a competent teacher until something Big happens. (Perhaps Daddy has to come to the rescue. Rey is captured and Luke finally has to come out of hiding)

mattman8907 and jakeskywalker65 like this.
  6. Order 66

Dec 18, 2015
    Maybe Rey will end up helping Luke as much as Luke ends up helping Rey. Luke will provide her with training in the ways of the force, but Rey will give him emotional healing. The two will grow and develop together, but in different ways.

7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Yeah that is what I was also thinking.

mattman8907 likes this.
  8. HeadingSouth

HeadingSouth Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    Mark was superb in his one scene in VII, so I think he'll knock it out the park.

9. ZackKane

ZackKane Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2015
    Totally Agree

10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    There's a chance that Leia may be trained or part trained and has kept it a secret, she has kept quiet about Luke being her brother and that Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader...how much that'll remain a secret now Ben is under the influence of Snoke???

mattman8907 likes this.
  11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Yeah, please let us see more of VIII. :)

12. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    I never saw Luke's disappearance as cowardice. Snoke's first priority was hunting him down, even more so than conquering the galaxy. [I mean, he didn't seem to give a crap about the big ol' Starkiller Money Pit getting totaled, but finishing Kylo's training to (I'm guessing) face Luke.] Anywhere Luke went to help, Snoke would wipe them out, so Luke went into hiding to give the Resistance a chance to build up strength while he looked for guidance at the Temple.

13. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    PLEASE

14. Order 66

Dec 18, 2015
    If Rian's script is as good as Abrams says it is, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see an interesting emotional dynamic between Luke and Rey. In fact I almost expect it at this point with the strong possibility that she is his daughter. I don't think they will reveal that right away, only after they have become very close to one another through their training.

mattman8907 and Redimet like this.
  15. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
  16. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I would love it if it was Luke who takes out Snoke :)

17. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Me too and I hope ageism doesn't prevent this or even worse, make them double up on the lame "kill the mentor" trope and kill Luke.

mattman8907 likes this.
  18. DaveTheMan

DaveTheMan Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2015

I reckon that is a Very Strong Chance., They will help each other out.

mattman8907 and fuhry like this.
  19. astinus4

astinus4 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Id like Luke vs Snoke and Rey vs Kylo in episode IX happening in parallel (same as Obi Wan vs Vader and Yoda vs Sidious in ROTS)

mattman8907 likes this.
  20. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013

Obviously, since like you Luke is my favourite SW character, I want him to have a large and awesome role in the next movies. However, everybody from Lucas (way back in the day) to Hamill very recently have made it very clear that the story's not about them anymore. It wouldn't be ageism, it would be the fact that they're passing the torch to Rey/Finn/Poe to build their own legacies. Luke faced Vader and the Emperor. Let Rey take on Kylo and Snoke.

mattman8907 likes this.
  21. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Just doing my beard patrol duties - report as of December 27: Mark just did a Christmas tweet and I can verify - there is a beard. Repeat: we have a (very distinguished) beard happening.

He also still looks amazing.

22. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    rey has to face kylo and luke snoke

just as obi and yoda in ep 3

mattman8907 likes this.
  23. ZackKane

ZackKane Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2015
    I have watched this board for a long time, and thank you all for your imagination and prospective, the enthusiasm, I finally signed up recently, because I was just excited enough again after seeing The Force Awakens, I believed it had ended in that summer of 84 allowing us all to to believe all was well in the Galaxy.I had an interest in the backstory, but this is different..big time..it questions what we believed "should" have happened after Luke and Vader destroyed Palpatine.
    All that I would like to be true is Luke had a daughter (Rey) his absence was to protect her(only way) that bond goes deep.We are not dealing with run of the mill emperor dark side power(cmon sabres even against Yoda)...may Ren face what she must face..Kylo and Plagueis..Luke must be used sparingly again EP 8 only to show "Ultimate Power" when necessary. BTW love the enthusiasm of everyone!

mattman8907 likes this.
  24. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    I'd like to see Luke do this **** in Episode 9.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mattman8907, fuhry and jimtalkbox like this.
  25. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i'm hoping the upcoming novel, New Republic: Bloodline will make reference to Luke and the Jedi massacre. maybe even the canon version of the "New Jedi Order".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.