main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mark Hamill related. Did he get screwed over by Ford?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JediMasterKendo, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Remember Ford did that too in the first years after Star Wars without any success

Harrison did do "Regarding Henry" with great success. That was when he really broke away from the hero type character.

I used to watch Batman awhile ago and had no idea that the Joker was voiced by Mark. Now I wish I could hear it again and I haven't been able to find Batman on TV....It's not on very much in the Detroit area...

2. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    "Harrison did do "Regarding Henry" with great success. That was when he really broke away from the hero type character".

I don't know about that. I think he broke from the hero character as early as "Witness" because although John Book does heroic stuff it isn't the usual Harrison Ford hero. But my point was that he didn't have much success in the 1970's with other roles (like Hamill) and if he had continued on that road and not played in Raiders, he might never have become the star he is today. And yes Regarding Henry was an excellent acting performance from Ford but that film came in the 1990's but not the 197o's. His performance in Henry was very good and only Mosquito Coast (Ford's personal favourite) and K-19 are better from an acting point of view. But the point is that when he plays in such serious roles, the general public isn't that interested. Just take K-19 as an example. An excellent film with two major Star Wars actors and yet it hardly grosses 30 million. It seems only the die hard fans of Ford (like myself) went to see it.

3. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    You're right...I thought "Regarding Henry" was earlier than "Witness". I think I thought that because when Harrison was on the Actor's Studio it was mentioned that "Regarding Henry" was a real departure for him from the usual roles he was playing. Even in "Witness" he was a cop/hero type guy. He was neither in "Regarding Henry"...

4. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    Maybe Mark Hamill wanted to be in SW and only SW, not in any other movies that might screw up his famous role.

5. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    There's a nice little behind-the-scenes featurette on MASK OF THE PHANTASM that HBO did at the time of its premiere, and it includes footage of Hamill (as well as the rest of the cast) recording in the studio. Hamill does one of his maniacal laughs, then acts a little light-headed and goes, "Boy, that sure makes you woozy," and everyone laughs. He was also the only cast member who had to stand because his performances were always so high and active.

Yeah, I saw that featurette. I also read an article in some magazine or other, where the voice actors for the Batman animated series gave interviews. Arleen Sorkin, who did the voice of Harley Quinn (Joker's would-be girlfriend), said that she would get so mesmerized watching Mark perform that she'd sometimes forget that she had the next line.

I agree about "The Flash"; that was a good show, and CBS did screw it over. I'll have to look for the tape.

6. yodaluke-wan

yodaluke-wan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    black magic woman, my god seeing mark in that when i was not even in my teens almost ruined my childhood. i could not believe my childhood hero was in this movie doing the stuff he was doing. it almost ruined me.

and i easily respect both hamill and ford and for different reasons. i am sure both have no problems with each other, although am i the only who think that this thread is a little should just to be humorous than anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.