main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mark Hamill, stop your whining!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthWindu71, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    "Why is he always bashing Star Wars? Everytime there is an interview about Star Wars, always a negative comment!!!"

What the ****!?! Where's you get this bull ****? Mark Hamill's been the absolute coolest about the Star Wars experience and the films. It's also very apparent that he's completely underrated for his performances as Luke in ANH and ESB. He was very good.

2. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    It's also very apparent that he's completely underrated for his performances as Luke in ANH and ESB. He was very good.

"I agree. I couldn't imagine anyone else as Luke Skywalker. I was absolutely appalled Luke Skywalker wasn't in the AFI Top 50 Villians and Heroes. Everybody knows who Luke Skywalker is, and it was Mark Hamill who made him famous."

3. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    you have to get rid of the WHOLE word???

4. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Q: chris baker of Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Would you be involved in any way in the Original Trilogy Star Wars DVD's

A: Mark Hamill - No. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

THat is something that doesnt make me happy.

5. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    " Oh come on, how would you feel if you got constantly asked about Star Wars?

Alot of the actors who were in Star Wars and are currently have been fed up with constant questions about it.

And Mark, poor Mark [sad.gif] he was fantastic in the OT, no doubt but it's just a shame that it type cast him. He could been a great actor, really had his career, like Harrison Ford's, push off from Star Wars.

Let the guy have his say and leave him alone."

I must say I am in complete agreement with DarthTerrious. ( :eek: )

Just because Star Wars is our life, doesn't mean its his. That being said, his son was in TPM. ;)

"it's more with the people who can't stop wondering if he has a real working lightsaber or something."

[Galaxy Quest] "I knew it was all real!" [/Galaxy Quest] ;)

"he even agreed to be **** Knocker on Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, which totally, yeah, well, we all know what the movie did to the Star Wars image"

Unlike the Star Wars Holiday Special?

[image=http://home.netcom.com/~eandtc/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/luke1.jpg.w110h83.jpg] :eek:

[image=http://home.netcom.com/~eandtc/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/leiadumb.jpg.w110h83.jpg] [image=http://home.netcom.com/~eandtc/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/luke2.jpg.w110h83.jpg] See how Luke responds when Leia sings? :D

Maybe this is what made you think Hamill had a low opinon of SW? [face_laugh]

"THat is something that doesnt make me happy."

Agreed, but understandable from Luke's point of view.

6. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    "See how Luke responds when Leia sings?" LOL, good picture sequencing and hilarious post MeBeJedi! [face_laugh]

I have to say in a way I symphasize with not only Mark Hamill but Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher but they all sure can be arrogent. Ford's the only one who really got made by Star Wars but sometimes he sure doesn't act like it. :mad:

What's Mark Hamill done? A few TV appearences and a role in John Carpenter's 1990 film Body Bags. [face_plain]Star Wars was basically his one and only major break.

But regardless he still seems to have alot of beef with interviewers who "pester" him with Star Wars questions. I wonder why. *shrugs :confused:*

<[-]> Saber

7. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002

But regardless he still seems to have alot of beef with interviewers who "pester" him with Star Wars questions. I wonder why. *shrugs *

Because that is what comprises of 99% of his questions. How many people know he played a soldier of the First Infantry Division in The Big Red One? How many people know he was a major voice actor in the new Scooby Doo shows? Batman cartoon? He is probably the biggest voice actor in America right now, yet no one realizes it. All they can think of is Skywalker and not any of his other movies/cartoons.

Also, Carrie is happier doing scripts than acting, she even said it herself a while ago.

8. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    Count me in as another Mark Hamill fan. His performance in the OT is very underrated and I'm so tired of people constantly harping on the Toshe Station remark like that was the only thing that came out of his mouth in three films.

Hamill always struck me as someone who had the right attitude regarding his star wars experience. Perhaps he had regrets but he always seemed to be very gracious and didn't bad mouth anyone.

9. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    I knew about his part in The Big Red One! (See my post above) I also knew about his voice acting. Say, as well as the Batman cartoons, didn't he also do the voice of the Hobgoblin in the Spiderman cartoons? He was also in The Flash as the Trickster!

His acting ability is incredible! The main thing that sticks in my mind about his acting in the Star Wars movies, is the scene where he gets his hand cut off. He genuinely looked as if he was in agony!

10. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    What's Mark Hamill done? A few TV appearences and a role in John Carpenter's 1990 film Body Bags. Star Wars was basically his one and only major break.

"What's Mark Hamill done?

The Big Red One(A very good war movie)

Corvette Summer{very underatted, and one of his best acting roles)

Slipstream(a pretty good sci-fi movie)

Dozens of cameos

Tons of voice acting roles including The Batman animated series and movie.

Wing Commander computer series

His own comic series "The Black Pearl"

There's more but I think that'll do for now. Make sure you know what you're talking about before you make those remarks OK. :)

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I also must say I don't think I've ever seen Mark get negative about SW- he's always very kind about it.

I mean, certainly there are several other SW actors that have bashed SW in comments to a far greater extent than Hamil ever has- Ford, Mcgreggor, Guinness, Stamp, etc.

If you're gonna complain about a SW actor about this subject, start with them. Hamil's waaaaay down the list.

12. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    You can't blame the guy for being testy on occasion. How many times can you answer the same question for 20 years?

He also spent a good many years on broadway after Star Wars instead of cashing in on his Luke Skywalker image because he was so afraid of being typecast. Problem was they forgot who he was when he came back.

You ever watch TLC or the Discovery channel. If you listen you'll hear his voice on quite a few of those documentaries.

13. Darth_Rogue

Darth_Rogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    No offense but what the hell are you talking about? I think Mark Hamill is a great actor and I have never heard him say a bad thing about Star Wars. :)

14. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    IMDB: Mark Hammil :)

"Anyone agree?"

Methinks that DarthWindu71 didn't get quite the response he wanted from this thread.

15. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Hamill may have not been successful on the big screen post-SW, but he was very successful on the stage (didn't he get a Tony nomination), and later in animation.

Like others have said above, I've never seen him speak negatively about his involvement with SW. He's even said before that he often enjoys working on B-movie projects because they give him an opportunity to work in genres he enjoys while at the same time maintaining something of a low profile.

Personally, I think Hamill is a very talented actor, and I'm hoping one day I'll be able to get him for a movie somewhere down the road. :)

16. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    Mark Hamill did extensive TV and commercial work prior to his star wars experience. Of the original three lead actors, he actually was the most experienced. He was offered a role as one of the lead actors in "Eight is Enough" if I'm not mistaken. I think he refused the part because the character he was to portray was a little to goody two shoes and didn't have enough of an edge.

Well anyway, "Eight is Enough" was a very popular TV show and he could of shared in it's success.

17. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Yeah, well I think that car accident had some to do with it...

Gotta see that movie. I have no clue what yer talkin about.

18. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Hamill did the pilot for EIGHT IS ENOUGH, then went and did SW. When it became a success, he asked the network to let him out of his contract, but they refused. A few days before the series was supposed to start shooting its regular episodes, he had his car accident, and his part was recast. For awhile, though, he could still be glimpsed in a couple shots of the show's opening title sequence.

19. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Plus, he's the only Star Wars actor who's been on The Simpsons.

20. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Not something I'd want on my resume, but he was funny on it.

21. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Why is Mark Hamill on your resume? ?[face_plain]

:D

22. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    I was talking about THE SIMPSONS.

:D

23. 1701

1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    I havve never heard Hamill whine or bad mouth Star wars.. I have heard of Ford doing it a little though.

24. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    [bad line]There is no "whining" to be found from Mark, only winning.[/bad line]

25. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Mark Hamill doesn't whine......but his character does. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.