main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mark Hamill, stop your whining!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthWindu71, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    gator, I don't doubt how authentic that quote is in the thread, however, can you post where it comes from? :confused: Thanks in advance. :) So far we only have one quote given to back up this opinion and it doesn't necessarily seem to me that it is Hammill whining or even not liking SW. It just seems he is his posting an opinion. :confused: Frankly, I don't see the evidence to back up the info in the original post. [face_plain]

2. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    "I have never heard Hamill whine or badmouth Star Wars...I have heard of Ford doing it a little though."

Does this mean we're going to see a thread about how Harrison Ford should stop whining? ;)

3. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    What has Harrison Ford said exactly?

The closest I've read about is how he doesn't like to talk about his movies when he's home and just doing shopping. He said something like he'll go to a hardware store and people helping him want to talk about STAR WARS or the next Indiana Jones while he wants to talk about hammers and nails. He says he doesn't want to talk about them, but he will out politeness.

4. jedi_john_34

jedi_john_34 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    i don't see why people can't leave "celebrities" alone. they are regular people and want to be treated accordingly. Answer honestly, if you met Harrison Ford, would you climb all over him, call him "Han" or "Dr. Jones" or say "You did kill your wife, I know." I'd treat him like a regular person. I met Mike Cameron (baseball centerfielder for the Mariners). I casually said, "Hi. Mike." We talked baseball a little, and he offered me an autograph. If i had a website, I'd load a pic of my baseball.

The reason they "whine" about being famous, is people wont treat them like a regular person. They get treated like the characters they play.

5. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I still don't see anyone whining about anything. :confused:

6. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Read the first post in this thread. There's an excellent example of whining. [face_mischief]

7. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    <i>i don't see why people can't leave "celebrities" alone. they are regular people and want to be treated accordingly. Answer honestly, if you met Harrison Ford, would you climb all over him, call him "Han" or "Dr. Jones" or say "You did kill your wife, I know." I'd treat him like a regular person.</i>

Yeah. It's one thing if they're at a convention, but it's another when they're just out at the local grocery store or something.

Most of the celebrities I've met have been at conventions or special appearances, so I've had reason to talk to them about their movies, characters they've played and stuff. But I have met a few of them out doing day-to-day stuff, and I just treated them like a regular person.

8. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Did they want fries to go with their meal?

hehehe [face_mischief]

9. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    gator, I don't doubt how authentic that quote is in the thread, however, can you post where it comes from?

I wish I knew where it came from. The first time I read it was in that other thread.

10. Darth_Rogue

Darth_Rogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Well, Mark is right about the prequels.

Bash away Hamill.

He wasn't bashing, he was just offering some constructive criticism.

11. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    How many people know he played a soldier of the First Infantry Division in The Big Red One?

This movie was just on tv the other day; it's fantastic.

You can't fault Mark for wanting to suppress the SW period in his life a little bit. The last SW movie he was in was ROTJ and that was TWENTY YEARS ago folks. Acting is his livelihood and he has done a lot of other things since Jedi. I know that he's currently on Broadway starring in a play that did not put his Luke credit in the Playbill (instead there was an elusive mention of him thwarting the Dark Side or something to that effect.) He's even made comments before about how he really could have taken advantage of having played Luke Skywalker if he'd wanted to, but he preferred to move on from it. I commend him for that.
    Still, though, he'll always be Luke to me. ;)

12. Luke_SW

Luke_SW Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    BLASPHEMY! I on the contrary can testify that EVERY interview I've seen of Mark Hamill discussing Star Wars, he has said only GREAT things.....here is a quote....

"So I played Luke Skywalker....what's wrong with that....wizards, cool robots, who wouldn't love that?!"

I think he's very humble about his career and especially about his role as Luke, he's a very cool guy so be nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.