main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Mark Hamill unsure about Star Wars 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    That's a great pic... Looks a bit like Ewan.

2. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Nope. They haven't jumped the gun. Fans want to see what happened to Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie and Lando after ROTJ. I don't want to see another actor play any of those characters. If they are going to have the OT characters, then I want the original actors. If they want different actors, then they should just start fresh without using Luke, et al.

Age really means nothing when it comes to actors. Look at Sir Alec Guiness and Christopher Lee. They were much older and had significant fighting scenes. All Han, Chewie, Lando and Leia have to do is be able to run, shoot and fly. And Luke just has to be able to fight "efficiently" with his lightsaber to make it believeable. He doesn't need to be doing flips off of the walls like Yoda.

So really, I'm not worried.

3. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Nice!

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Have him fight like his father. Less cutting you into pieces, and more dropping giant pieces of machinery on you. :p

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I would actually love that.

DarthBoba likes this.
  6. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004

I look at this pic, and it is like this was planned out. He is the exact age that this "Ben Kenobi Mythos" statue is, and he looks just the part.

7. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    If anyone else plays Luke, there will probably be a riot.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    anybody know when that picture was taken?

9. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004

I now do. They responded to someone else on twitter that this was from Comic Book: The Movie from 2004. [face_plain]

This dis-a-pleases me, but still it fits him well.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I was gonna say...I saw that image around the internet before. I just couldn't pinpoint how old it was...

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Here's a recent (2012) pic of him..

[​IMG]

I think it could work. Kinda reminds me of Owen.

12. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    If he loses weight and gets a beard he'll be ok. Black is also slimming :)

Julius Vernon and Echo-07 like this.
  13. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    will they still make Mark/Luke wear that black glove over his mechanical hand or did he have it repaired following the events of Jedi?

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    a couple of more recent 2012 pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    "I got this"
    [​IMG]

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    He even looks like a Jedi Master in some of these photos.

17. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm betting he'll have been in the gym since the announcement hit. There will be plenty of time for him to get in shape by the time the cameras roll. Agree the beard would work.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    who knows. i do see Luke however sporting an obi-wan beard. i mean everytime i see obi-wan in the clone wars, i think of Luke Skywalker emulating him.

The Picture of him at the top of this page is exactly how i pictured him to look during the New Jedi Order books.

19. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I think that he can play this part just fine. But that he might intentionally change his voice and manner a little to play an older Luke. I think he still acts too young at heart for the role, I rather he sort of play the part as he sees it. I think he has a lot to give to this role.

20. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    An older Luke can still be young at heart. He isn't Ben Kenobi. He's Luke Skywalker.

21. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, just how I felt he would portray it. He's very talented in becoming other characters as a voice actor. I just don't see him playing this role as Mark Hamil again. I don't think he will be whiny or have the same personality as a younger Luke. He most likely matured in some way and I think he will be a little more mature. I also suspect that he will be a little like Obi Wan the same way Indiana Jones turned out like his father the older he got.

They are not father and son, but I'd think he'd turn out to be more like Obi Wan than he would anakin. Anakin wasn't really ever seen as an older man. I think Obi Wan is more likely if he does become more like a character from the franchise as time goes on.

I think it's only natural to expect that after all these years Mark Hamill would feel a need to portray his role a little differently. But he might give us the same Luke again.

I don't know how much say he will have on this but if they let him explore his character I just see him changing things a little. I expect the same with Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I agree. The aging is normal and should be expected if he is playing a man in his 60's who was a warrior all his life. The weight though...I do think he should lose weight because I would assume he would lead an active life as a Jedi Master. I don't know if they are going to follow the EU, but in the books he is a fighter. I can imagine old Luke being wrinkled and scarred and gray haired, but I can't imagine a man who is fighting all his life has the body of somebody who sits around all day doing voice acting.

23. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    This might not be popular opinion but its time to get a new cast for the upcoming films. The actors who portrayed the original characters in the film are just a bit too old now to reprise those roles. I would like to see some new blood in there.

24. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    It depends on the time frame. If it is 50 years after the battle of Yavin then they are exactly the right age. If they are talking about starting up right after ROTJ...then yes they are way too old. I guess you could say they were all hit in the face by Sith lightning and that is why they aged 35 years in a few days...o_O

kataja likes this.
  25. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    just one question, if the characters are supposed to be in their 60's, how are the actors too old to play the characters when they are the same age?

Jedi_Lover likes this.