main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Mark Hamill unsure about Star Wars 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Nov 27, 2012.

1. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    That's not really in any of these character's personality in my opinion. I think it's a safer bet that all three would simply do it for fun and nostalgia...this isn't Nicholas Cage you're talking about, it's three individuals who all seem fairly comfortable with where there lives have gone after Star Wars.

I honestly think all three will be back, with Han and the Falcon going out in a blaze of glory at some point. I just hope Chewie hits the eject button.

By the way, this is my first post since the release of ROTS. :) Fun to be back!

2. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Perhaps you should rely on your own opinions and not those of some guy who couldn't get a real job and just watches movies all day.

T-R- likes this.
  3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I don't get it?

Do you have something concrete saying that Mark Hamill will definitely play Luke?

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    You could have picked a better thread to come back too :confused:

5. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    So when Lucas met with Mark and Carrie last year to discuss his plans for Episode VII, he was really telling them they would be recast, none of the fans will care anyway?

Not likely.

kataja and Artoo-Dion like this.
  6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    actually, I like this review of Airborne

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Agreed.

8. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I never said he would or wouldn't be in it - I was just pointing out the thread is ridiculous in every way.

And I think it odd, considering the complete lack of logic in your original post, that you would be asking someone else for "concrete" evidence!!!!

TreborSabreon likes this.
  9. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I'll take that as a big warm fuzzy wookie hug :)

Not that you're wrong, I just wasn't feeling picky, and after trolling for a few days it's just fun to get back in the mix.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Hey man, we're just having fun. Episode VII is a long way off. There's plenty of time for speculation of all kinds. Peace. :)

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  11. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    If your looking for warm fuzzy Wookie hugs, you'll get those here - http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...er-jedi-images.50005962/page-16#post-50217975

12. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Lack of logic?

All I asked was if people (including myself) had jumped the gun assuming that Mark Hamill would play Luke.

You are the one who said "Why can't we all just concentrate on proper speculation" which isn't all that logical because the thread is speculating that Mark Hamill may not be cast as Luke.

13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    If he's in the movie, he'll play Luke.

Or Plagueis/Yoda as Kyle Katarn's undead Mandalorian Master, posing as Padme the half-hologram half-Force ghost.
    In drag.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  14. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Dude, there is speculation and then there is this... :(

15. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Pro tip - you've been on these boards for a month, go find a thread you are actually interested in and post in there.

16. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Where is the logic in thinking Lucasfilm would cast an new actor the same age as Hamill is the role of an older Luke Skywalker?

And watch ROTJ, fella, the scene where Vader taunts Luke about having a sister and turning her. Look at Hamill's face as he realises that if he doesn't fight, Leia is doomed.

Now tell me somebody else could be Luke Skywalker.

17. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    I thought you were going to say they'll have Mark Hamill play someone else... I do not agree with you, they would not recast Luke Skywalker if he is in the movie...

How can any acting get worse the Annakin in Episode 1? Can't.... Marks a pro

18. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    MOD WARNING: Guys Enough. No more baiting. If you don't like someone's opinion ignore it. If you think a thread is pointless reconsider posting in it and posting in a thread you think has a point. Anyone crossing this line, will be getting a Ban. Questions or concerns. You are more then welcome to PM me or another Moderator.

19. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I guess I imagined a mod posting up there. Drop it. -Darth Boba

20. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    I think there is a chance of him being recast, hence the thread.

I loved him in ROTJ by the way.

21. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I say there is zero chance - but hang on, I'll be back in a bit.

22. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Seconded. I still think it's a crime he was so underused in TPM (I like Neeson too, but Obi-Wan should have been a central character who finds Anakin). He has charisma of his own and practically channels Sir Alec in ROTS. It's mostly thanks to his warmth I believe in his friendship with Anakin. And of course, those words he yells at Anakin after the duel... the saddest moment in the saga.

23. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    That's right, can you imagine someone else playing Luke? Mark made him a very likable and memorable protagonist. He practically carried all of ROTJ (no offense to Harrison and Carrie, but it wasn't their finest hour). I'm sure he can pull off a wise Jedi Master as well as Neeson or Guinness.

24. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah! Listen I always was Han Solo. I liked his roguishness and his cool demeanor. Han is the man! But Luke Skywalker was so cool in Jedi I started top play Luke once in a while too. Jedi Luke in ROTJ really made me understand the whole Jedi thing -- he was BADASS!!! That plan he concocted to rescure Han was brilliant.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  25. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I say it again - that scene where Vader taunts him and he realises that if he fails, Leia is next - superb.