Speculation Mark Hamill unsure about Star Wars 7

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Nov 27, 2012.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher and random ROTJ extras who never appeared in film again are all much more accomplished actors than anyone who appeared in the prequels. I know this because hyperbolic nerds told me so on the interwebz.
  2. Bazinga'd Dark Lord of the SWC/PT/ Spinoff Forums

Manager
    star 5
    New comments from mark regarding whether or not he will be in the ST. I am curious as to the meaning of his last quote concerning Lucas Film making the announcement.

3. Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't see every post and nor does everyone else with passing comments about him. i thought it would be cool to get down and dirty with all those who don't rate him. so whats wrong with this thread being here to stand up show support. there seems to be alot of anti hamill floating about so why not discuss in one place instead of going of track in other threads.
    Last edited by Jimstarwarsfan, Nov 28, 2012
  4. Pfluegermeister Chosen One

star 4
    So instead of discussing it in one place, you went off track in another thread; that's the point. And have you gotten down and dirty with anyone? No indeed. Most of these posts have been made by you, and address your own feelings about Hamill. Fair enough, but did that require its own thread? And I'm sorry, but the "I don't see every post" excuse simply doesn't wash; there are a number of threads that have Hamill's name clearly written all over them; you're telling me that not one of them would have been an appropriate place for this non-discussion?

Go ahead and tell me that I'm making much ado about nothing; the facts are the facts: this forum is being absolutely clogged with threads that either don't need to be here at all because their topics for discussion are ridiculous, or are redundant because their function is being served in other threads. It's happening entirely too often, they're taking up entirely too much room, and someone's got to say something about it.
  5. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Right, but that is stating the obvious. Restoring his boyish figure on the other hand would go a long way toward recognition; even if he were 25, he would look much different carying that kind of weight.
    Last edited by Lee_, Nov 28, 2012
  6. Bazinga'd Dark Lord of the SWC/PT/ Spinoff Forums

Manager
    star 5
    And so, the Admin Wars have begun.
  7. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice job eonline! They misspell Carrie Fisher's name and later on refer to Harrison's character as Hans Solo. :rolleyes:
  8. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Geez, people are a bit senstitive about this. My attention was drawn to the fact he looked different when I read an article where HE said he doesn't look like Luke anymore. I was in no way implying he shouldn't be cast, in fact, I said just the opposite.

My one and only statement was that he had gained a lot of weight, and would look a lot more like Luke for the movie if he were to get in shape.
  9. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I had meant in my original post to add that the haters would soon come out to hate.

Then I thought - maybe they won't - maybe they've had enough of talking garbage.

I expect the impossible sometimes.

Well you are all going to gave to suck it up, because Hamill and crew are not getting recast.
    Last edited by ThatWanFromStewjon, Nov 28, 2012
  10. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4

I'd live to know what those haters did before the Internet came into their sorry lives.

Did they only hate themselves back then?
    Valairy Scot likes this.
  11. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    I don't know, I'll have to ask my grandparents next time it comes up in conversation seeing as they are the first people I heard make the comparison. ;)
    Last edited by Chewgumma, Nov 28, 2012
  12. yggdrasil311 Force Ghost

star 3
    He is the soul of this franchise.
    T-R- likes this.
  13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    If I were to do a recast, then I would choose Dane DeHaan as Luke, Lily Collins as Leia and James Franco as Han.;)
  14. awesomejedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I think Hamill will come back, but not as a main character. He'll be to the ST as Yoda was to the PT. He'll be Jedi Grand Master.
  15. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    I wouldn't be so sure. Here is what Lucas thought back in 1983, at a time when he said he already had treatments, titles, and notes for the ST and PT:

Two interesting points from this quote. 1 is that he gave us the PT he descibed in 1983 as "social and political and talks about how society evolves" and 2 is that Mark is in his 60's. I'm pretty sure he is going to give us the ST he described as "focusing mainly on a 60 year old Luke and dealing with moral and philosophical problems. The sequel is about Jedi knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."
    Last edited by T-R-, Nov 28, 2012
  16. Poo-Do Jedi Master

It's at the point right now that if I don't see, Mark, Carrie, Harrison and Billy Dee i'll be disappointed.
    Jimstarwarsfan likes this.
  17. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Luke and his crew will be the main characters throughout the ST and the new movies will also introduce the next set of heroes that will be the leads in the fourth trilogy and the focus of the various spin offs set in the ST era.
  18. Corran1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hamill's age and scarring just makes him look like an old man with a rough life. I wouldn't expect anything less from an old Luke. It reminds me of the scarred look of Edward James Olmos and Admiral Adama. It works perfectly.
    kataja likes this.
  19. Fleab88 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Agreed. Aside form that people who say Mark looks to out of shape clearly do not pay much attention to the countless of stars who get in great shape for a film. They have much bigger resources than we do. Add to that that the cameras can start subtracting pounds rather than adding them on, and you will find this is the silliest reason to not have Mark be in the film. It's been shut down for what it is every time it is brought up.
    Corran1138 likes this.
  20. Darth Shibs Jedi Master

star 1
    I love how everyone's an expert and are so certain, like they work there or something.
    ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  21. Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Master

star 1
    That is what actors do after all, prepare themselves for the rolls they play. did hamill have a reason to shed pounds before, probably not.
  22. Grand_Moff_Jawa Chosen One

star 5
    There is NO possible way you could recast Luke. None. I say bring back Mark or have completely new characters. I would hate to see Luke portrayed by another actor.
    kataja likes this.
  23. Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Master

star 1
    you strike me as the sort of person who stabs himself in the eyes with knitting needles.
    Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  24. Julius Vernon Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Agreed that Mark looks terrible right now. But if he grows a beard, drops about 30 lbs, and gets the Hollywood treatment I think he would be great for an Obi-Wan style role.

[IMG] [IMG]
    Jimstarwarsfan likes this.
  25. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Impossible? Please. How many movie Batmen have there been? How many Supermen? James Bond?

No role belongs to one actor. If circumstances were different and Ep. 7 were to be shot 30 years from now, with the chracter of Luke Skywalker being featured in one way or another and if Mark Hamill were dead, would you be so opposed to a recast?

Continuing with the hypotethicals, if Mark Hamill knew he could not possibly sign up for the role (or if he did not want to), do you think he'd mind that much if Luke skywalker was recast with a different (be it older or younger) actor? I'd wager he wouldn't mind at all.
    Last edited by Darth_Invidious, Nov 28, 2012