main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mark Hamill's OP autograph signing price?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by hazydavy, May 19, 2016.

1. hazydavy

hazydavy Jedi Knight

Nov 11, 2014
    Hey...just got wind of a Mark Hamill OP autograph signing happening later this year, and I know in person his sig tends to be expensive but for the life of me I can't recall the OP price, especially for send-in.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm asking because I work in a school...if the signing is Q3...gotta budget for summer!

2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I recall his signature at Celebration Anaheim being $70-80 US. I did not get his then, so I could be in error.

3. Leia's Twin

Leia's Twin Jedi Knight

May 19, 2016
    I thought it was at least $125 at the last two us celebrations. I have his autograph on a plaque I bought a long time ago, so I haven't bothered at any of the celebrations I have gone to.

4. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Yeah, I paid $125 for his sig at Celebration Anaheim.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I stand corrected. I already had his auto and so I didn't get one at the last 2 Celebrations. I might since I purchased a TFA poster with Harrison Ford's signature on it. That poster is just begging for the other cast members to sign it.

6. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    $125 sounds about right. Last one I paid for of his was at Celebration VII in Orlando about 4 years ago. I've never done a 'send-in'. For that kind if money, I want to be standing in front of Luke Skywalker remarking on his Hawaiian shirt and telling him my sister and I used to fight over who was going to marry him - she won. So I had to make do with Han Solo and as a consolation prize, my sister threw in Chewie as well. However, I told him that when Corvette Summer came out, all bets were off and he was mine again as well! Hence.... two action figures where he drew hearts all over it and declared his love for me.....

You just don't get that with a send-in, I'm guessing. BUT if that is your only option? Worth saving for. These guys are not getting any younger.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  7. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Haha, if you do that, you gotta tell us how he reacts!

J_Girl likes this.
  8. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001

Um,I think you mis-read maybe? I did actually do that. He was wearing a Hawaiin shirt which I said looked like something GL would wear. He chuckled. I did tell him the story of my sister and he did draw hearts on my Luke action figures with declarations of love. So that was his reaction to my story. :)

Juke Skywalker and CaptainRegor like this.
  9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Speaking of Mark Hamill and autographs, came across a headline a few days ago where Mark worked with California lawmakers to pass a bill that requires all autographs sold in Cali to come with a certificate of authenticity. This comes after Hamill learned how many fans were getting ripped off by scammers selling fake autographs. He also spends a lot of time on Twitter authenticating autographs that fans post pictures of.

You can read the story here, and there's a video embedded where a reporter interviews Mark on the subject.

10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    $125 sounds about right.