main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Marketing Wilhelmus

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I've finally got all the files necessary for us to get on top of the flyers. I think our best bet is to stick with the ones Joe made a while back--they look good, and nothing on them is dated. If someone wants to create something new, go right ahead and get it to me in some fashion. However, we can get started with this now.

Now we just need to figure out how these are going to get printed. Do I have any volunteers? Lierin, you said you could print stuff free, so I assumed you would print your own, if not more. How much could you get by printing? What I was thinking is that the people who distribute the flyers will print them themselves. Does anyone have any objections to that? Is there anyone that has access to printing large numbers of things for free?

As for locations to put the flyers, at the GM we discussed: the two colleges, Comic Quest, in SW books at Barnes and Noble and Borders, and anywhere else geeks congregate. Feel free to put the flyers anywhere you think would do some good. I figured we'd just put the CQ flyers out at the next GM, though if I can get in touch with Jim, we could certainly put them out sooner. If Scott, or anyone else has an e-mail address for Jim Jones, please PM it to me. If not, I'll try to give him a call if I get a chance. That leaves us with USI; do we have anyone that can hang flyers there?

Stacky: you put flyers in the books at B&N and Borders before--would you be willing to do so again? If not, is anyone willing to do so?

Adam: you're bald.

Everyone post your thoughts. Anyone wanting to print/distribute flyers, PM me an e-mail address, and I'll send you the file (it's in .pdf format).

EDIT: I just remembered about the DVD event at Wal-Mart. We need plenty of flyers to hand out there as well.

2. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    What exactly is your definition of a large amount? If you email me the flyer, I'd be happy to print them. Our church has an insanely expensive copy machine that is currently only used to print 50 bulletins once a week. My only hesitation is how much it's going to cost me to mail them back to you. I'm not adverse to spending a little money to help the club, but me paying $50 in shipping costs isn't going to make much sense if you can get them printed for $25 in Eville.

3. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Would it be safe to assume shipping the same exact item to Indianapolis would cost the same as if you shipped an item to Evansville?

I can determine the shipping once we decide on the exact amount of fliers needed.

4. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Should cost the same either way.

5. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Nathan, if I were you I would call Jim and let him know we are starting a new marketing campaign. A couple of reasons: He may want to help us out somehow; He will know we are coming with the flyers; and you can get the e-mail from him. (I never had much success emailing him, but if you let him know its coming it may work.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.