main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Married...With Children] Fire Away - NSWFF Prompt challenge responses, updated 12/1

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by amidalachick, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    =D= They were bonded as Bundys! Nobody else would have them ... [face_monkey] Loved their back and forth and the solid solution to Kelly's troubles. Gads, I miss that show ...

[face_alien] Yes, indeed, this is a fantastic community!!

amidalachick likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Funny response with 'planet aquarium' and their discussion about that

amidalachick likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] They are real to life teens/sibs teasing each other like that. Next time he'll probably say "cost of living raise" and ask for 50 [face_laugh]

amidalachick likes this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Welcome back to our quirky little corner of the boards!! :D [face_dancing] I was so happy to see a new ficlet for this collection! And, as always, you didn't fail to deliver a laugh. :D [face_laugh][:D]

Oh man, younger siblings are the best/worst, and you certainly captured the banter/bickering of siblings. A fantastic use of the prompt, as always. =D=

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Again, it's been a terribly long time since I last updated this. But I really do appreciate your readership and your lovely comments. Thank you so, so much! [:D]

Just a little drabble for the prompt Reaching for Tomorrow. Thanks to @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for her wonderful prompts! Hope you enjoy, and thank you again for reading these little snippets of Bundy life. :p:*

Peg, Bud, and Kelly were all sitting on the couch when Al walked in the door.

"Family," he announced. "I will never say this again, but today was a great day at the shoe store and tomorrow will be even better."

"Did you sell some shoes, Daddy?" Kelly asked excitedly.

"Yes, pumpkin," Al said. He sat down between Bud and Peg and rested his arms along the back of the couch. "But more importantly, I witnessed a miracle of nature. Four bikini models on their way to a calendar shoot, and all of them had broken a heel off their shoes. They needed replacements right away. Fortunately I, Al Bundy, was there to save the day. They were so grateful they said from now on I could be their personal shoe salesman. I'll ride around with them, supplying them with all the high heels they could ever need. It will be a glorious life."

"Al," Peg said. "Al!"

Al felt someone shaking him, and then he heard Peg saying, "Stop muttering about shoes, you're keeping me awake!"

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    pronker likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] He literally had me right in the middle of the sweet dream - I bet he was never so bummed to be woken up out of a sound sleep! =D=

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    amidalachick and pronker like this.
  7. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    *sniffletear* Oh, Al, your life was perfect for .36 minutes ... [face_mischief]

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Bwahaha!!! Oh but I had a good chuckle for that one. Poor Al, being woken from that dream. :p [face_rofl]

An excellent answer to the prompt! :D =D=

9. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I'm sure he was so disappointed to wake up! [face_laugh] Thank you for reading.

@pronker As Springsteen says, "If dreams came true oh wouldn't that be nice..." :p Thanks so much for reading!

@Mira_Jade I even felt kind of sorry for him while I was writing. [face_laugh] Thank you for reading, and glad you enjoyed!

Thank you all so much for reading and your kind comments! I appreciate it so much. [:D]

Title: Robin Hood Bundy
    Notes: So this next snippet was inspired by prompt #2, Robin Hood Daffy, in @Raissa Baiard's Looney, Looney Chuck Jones Cartoon Challenge from the Mini-Games Challenges. I've been playing around with a couple of ideas, but nothing was working. Then this popped into my head this afternoon and I jotted it down and I'm not entirely satisfied with it but at least it's done. Hope you enjoy anyway, and thank you @Raissa Baiard for coming up with this fun challenge! :D

Al opened his paycheck and looked sadly at the numbers. They were pitiful as always.

"It's not fair," he said. "We go to work every day. We brave the hordes of shoe-demanding women and their hellspawn. And what are we repaid with? Wives. Children. No food." He waved his paycheck in the air. "And this paltry sum. Well, I say, no more! It's time for us men to stand up. To take what is ours. To be like Robin Hood, robbing from the rich and distributing it to the poor, who are us. Who's with me?"

"Nah, I'm good, Al," Steve said, resting his arm along the back of the couch. "Besides I'm actually very well-compensated down at the bank."

"Oh, hi, honey," Peg said as she burst in the door holding several shopping bags. "The mall had a big sale on, I just couldn't resist!"

"Well, I'd better go," Steve said. "Marcy and me are making steaks tonight. See you, Al. Peggy."

Al watched him go, mouth watering at the thought of steak. Peg flung herself down beside him.

"Gee, Al," she said. "They're awfully fancy. Steak on a weeknight?" She ran her finger along his arm and lowered her voice seductively. "Now come on, honey, why don't we go upstairs and I'll show you my new outfits."

Al groaned and let her tug him up the stairs by his hand, resigned to his fate.

pronker, earlybird-obi-wan and Kahara like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Steve didn't want to go along with Al's grand plan. [face_mischief]

amidalachick, pronker and Kahara like this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Peg and her shopping habits, hilarious comments from the men

12. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Al, your plan dies a-borning. :(

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    amidalachick likes this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha! [face_laugh] Oh poor Al - or, not so poor Al, in the end. You gotta take what you can as you can. [face_mischief] But:

He's not entirely wrong! Which is a very spot-on insight that's really in the spotlight right now. :p But acting out a la Robin Hood isn't quite the answer either. Steve's good. :p

This was another fun snippet! Thanks for sharing! :D =D=

Last edited: May 13, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.