main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Married...With Children] Fire Away - NSWFF Prompt challenge responses, updated 12/1

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by amidalachick, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] You know, I'm sure fans have tried crazier things!

2. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Mira_Jade: They really are like a bunch of kindergarteners or something, LOL!

Nyota's Heart: I'm sure they've used that story a lot over the years! [face_laugh]

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you!

NYCitygurl: Probably, LOL!

Thanks for reading, everyone. [face_love]

This 20-minute flash-fic is for the prompt A shallow grave. Enjoy, and hope you all had a great Halloween!

"Al, get the door." Peg held her hand up and admired her freshly-painted nails.

"No," Al said.

"Oh, come on, Al, the knocking's driving me crazy," Peg whined.

"Fine." Al stomped to the door, opened it, and hollered, "Go away!"

"But it's Halloween," a ghost said snippily. "You're supposed to give us candy."

"I don't have any candy," Al said. He glanced over his shoulder. Peg winked at him and fluttered her hand. He shuddered, stepped outside, and closed the door. A crowd of kids, holding up their bags and pails, looked at him expectantly.

"I don't have candy," Al repeated. "But let me welcome you to Al Bundy's House of Horrors." He waved his hand towards Marcy and Steve's house. "Over there, you'll see the dragon's lair, where you must dodge the wrath of the ugly fire-breathing creature and her brainwashed captive." He opened the door. "And now, behold...the wicked red-headed witch. She'll drag you to her lair every night...she'll steal your youth, your money, your very soul."

The children stared at Al in fascination and terror.

"Oh, that's not even the worst of it, kids," Peg said sweetly, coming up behind Al. "He sells women's shoes, and he always will. Now run along, or he'll take off his shoes and you'll have to smell his socks. The stench'll never leave your nostrils."

The kids screamed and ran away. Al and Peg turned to go back to the couch, but someone knocked.

"Oh, for..." Al yanked open the door.

Bud, draped in toilet paper and looking angry, and Kelly, wearing a low-cut sequined black dress with a slit up the thigh, stood there.

"Trick-or-treat!" Kelly said brightly.

Al groaned.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] =D= Oh, the endless snarking. 8-}

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I love Peg :D

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Al's commentary on his neighbors was just priceless. As was Peg. [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Thanks for sharing this fun ficlet, once again! :D

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    hilarious and creepy update with the endless bickering

7. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Nyota's Heart: It's why I love them! :D

NYCitygurl: She does have her moments! :p

Mira_Jade: I'm sure Steve and Marcy could tell some horror stories, too. [face_laugh]

earlybird-obi-wan: Halloween and Halloween-related things are so much fun! :D

Thank you all so much! I appreciate your readership and your kind words so much. :* Thank you!

Here is an update using the prompt Snowfall. 20 minute flash-fic, etc. You know the drill. Enjoy!

Al sat in front of the TV, drinking a beer and watching a football game. He had the house to himself.

"Ahh," he sighed contentedly.

Suddenly, someone knocked.

Al tried to ignore the sound, but whoever was at the door persisted. Finally he stomped over and yanked it open.

Steve and Marcy stood there, shivering in the snow, hopeful smiles on their faces.

"Our furnace went out," Steve said.

"You have matches and furniture, what more do you want?" Al asked.

"We need somewhere warm to stay," Steve said.

"But the game's on," Al said

"Al, I know we don't always get along, but you wouldn't let us freeze out here, would you?" Marcy asked pleadingly.

Al sighed, looked ruefully over his shoulder at the empty living room, and opened the door wider.

"Fine," he said. "On one condition."

"What condition?" Marcy said.

A slow smile spread across Al's face. He closed the door, ceremoniously cleared his throat, and said, "I want access to your new barbecue."

"The state-of-the-art, deluxe model barbecue we bought two months ago and didn't even get a chance to use yet?" Steve asked.

Al nodded.

"Unlimited access," he added, patting his stomach.

Steve and Marcy exchanged a look.

"Marcy, honey," Steve said thoughtfully. "We do have matches at home, don't we?"

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= "You have matches and furniture, don't you?" [face_rofl] Yup, Al knew just the condition to stipulate to get them to leave. 8-}

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "You have matches and furniture, what more do you want?" Al asked.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Aaah, but these flash-ficlets leave me with such a smile, every time! This one was no exception. =D=

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That last line just killed me :D

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Funny,
    Matches to drive away the cold
    Loved your hilarious response

12. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Nyota's Heart: He knows them well!

Mira_Jade: Aww, I'm glad to hear it. That's why I write them.:D

NYCitygurl: Steve's a practical kind of guy. :p

earlybird-obi-wan: Nothing like a warm fire on a cold day, LOL!

Thank you all so much for reading, and for your kind comments. You make my day. [:D]

This is a flash-fic for the prompt Chocolate, and it was inspired by episode 3.4, The Camping Show.

Someone was knocking on the door, loudly and persistently.

"Al!" Peg called from upstairs, her tone unmistakable.

Al considered his options. Neither looked good. It was probably Steve and Marcy at the door, and he didn't want to talk to them. But he didn't want to go back upstairs with Peg, either.

"Four touchdowns in one game," he muttered. "And this is what my life has come to."

Grimly, he yanked the door open, prepared to tell Steve and Marcy to go away. But it was only Steve standing there, looking as harrassed as Al felt.

"Al, I have a problem," Steve said.

"Join the club," Al said.

"See, it's Marcy's...you know," Steve said. "She wants chocolate, Al. There's none left in the house and the stores are closed. She's gonna kill me if I come back empty-handed."

"Steve, look around," Al said. He held his arms out expansively. "Does this look like a house where there's food?"

"Al, what's taking so long?" Peg whined from upstairs.

"What about Peggy?" Steve asked desperately. "Doesn't she have a stash?"

"I don't know," Al said. "And I'm not going up there to find out."

He sat down on the sofa and flipped on the TV.

Steve sighed. "Looks like it's the couch for me tonight, too."

Al found a channel broadcasting a women's wrestling match. Steve looked at the TV, then to the door, then back at the TV. Finally, he sighed and sat down next to Al.

"Al!" Peg yelled.

Al grinned. "Not tonight, honey! I have company!"

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] Oh, that was rich, rich! "I have company?" 8-} =D=

These are always a blast!

amidalachick likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Hilarious funny use of chocolate and company

amidalachick likes this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I knew to expect a laugh clicking on this, and you surely did not disappoint! Steve's search for chocolate was almost as funny as the last line. Brilliant! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

=D=

amidalachick and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Nyota's Heart: Glad you enjoy them! :D

Mira_Jade: These things are so much fun to write, so I'm glad they're fun to read, too!

Thank you all so much! You guys are awesome. [:D]

And now here is a mini-ficlet for Stroll in a garden.

"Oh, Peggy, look at this one!" Marcy excitedly flipped a page of the photo album and pointed at a Greek-style statue surrounded by lush, brightly-colored flowers.

"Gee," Peg said, eyeing the statue. "Maybe I should take up gardening."

"It really was a romantic trip," Marcy said. She leaned closer to Peg and lowered her voice conspiratorially. "Steve and I had some real nature experiences."

"Well, it sounds wonderful," Peg said. She cast a devious look in Al's direction and called, "Al, honey! We're going to the gardens this weekend!"

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Ahh, I have missed these! :D

And this was as great a ficlet as the rest of them! I seriously laughed into my coffee - which I probably should have known better for, with what I was reading . . . ;) :p

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh, how I love Peg :D I, too, am thrilled to see another one of these!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  21. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks! :D

Mira_Jade: You have no idea how happy it makes me to read that. :D I am so glad other people are enjoying these ficlets as much as I am enjoying writing them.

NYCitygurl: Peg is awesome!

So I knew it had been a long time since my last post, but I didn't know it was that long! Here is one for the prompt Portrait. Thank you all so much for reading these silly snippets. :*

"Oh, come on, honey," Peg coaxed. "It'll be fun."

"No it won't," Al said.

"Do it for me?" Peg said, placing her hand on Al's arm.

"No," Al said.

He turned on the TV, while Peg leaned back into the couch, pouting. Suddenly, she leaned forward and smiled.

"Al?" she cooed.

"No," Al said.

"Honey, don't you remember what you said the other night?" Peg asked.

"Of course, Peg," Al said. "I said I was so hungry I was ready to bring home some shoes to gnaw on."

"No, not that, the other thing," Peg said.

Al frowned. He had a very bad feeling.

"Remember?" Peg looked triumphant now. "You said, 'Peg, I will do anything if you leave me alone for one night. One night, Peg.' You owe me."

"Can't it be something else?" Al asked desperately. "Anything else?"

"No," Peg said. "Now come on. The photographer's waiting!"

Al groaned and dragged himself off the couch. He steeled himself, knowing he would need all his strength to get through this portrait session with Peg's mother.

22. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    portrait session with Peg's mother. We never saw her ... but we heard her * shudders* [face_hypnotized] Great IC ficlets!=D=

amidalachick likes this.
  23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    It always brings a smile to my face when I see this collection update, and this snippet was no different. [face_love]

"Remember?" Peg looked triumphant now. "You said, 'Peg, I will do anything if you leave me alone for one night. One night, Peg.' You owe me."

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Be careful the promises you make, there! Though the mother-in-law . . . I can't say that I blame his trepidation. ;) :p

Another wonderful ficlet, as always. =D=

amidalachick likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh these. Just. :D Fun, nonstop. 8-}

amidalachick likes this.
  25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Hello, lovely NSWFFers! It has been far too long. Even though this is incredibly late, I want to say thank you for your readership and for your lovely comments. I truly appreciate it.

I am so glad to see the prompt thread, and this whole wonderful community, is still here. [face_love]

I'm a little rusty when it comes to writing, but I hope you'll enjoy this ficlet for the prompt Starlight anyway.

"Hey, Kel."

"You troll! You scared me! Isn't it past your bedtime?"

"I came down to get a drink of water. You're out awfully late."

"I was... at the library. Studying."

"You gotta do better than that, Kel."

"Better not drink that whole glass, if you want your sheets to stay dry."

"Wow, Kel, that's so funny. I bet Mom and Dad would think you being out past curfew is even funnier."

"It wasn't my fault! Bud, if you weren't a repulsive little toad you would understand that sometimes when a boy and girl really like each other, they get caught in the planet-aquarium and have to run away from the security guards, and then next thing they know it's after midnight and the boy has to take his daddy's convertible home."

"Planet-aquarium? Doing a little stargazing, huh, Kel? I think Mom and Dad would like to know about your sudden interest in astronomy too."

"I'm not interested in astronomy!"

"I know, Kel. I know."

"Oh, fine. How much?"

"Twenty."

"Maybe now you can afford some pimple cream!"

"Shut up."

"You shut up."

"Well, at least I've got twenty bucks. Night, Kel."

pronker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.