main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mars Attacks!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by DarthHomer, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    that general is also great in that movie [face_laugh] realy funny character :D

2. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Too bad Natalie Portman's character didn't die at all in some bizare and unusual style. Instead she remained one of the surviving misfits.

I would have liked to have seen Tom Jones bite the dust as well.

:p

3. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    You wanted to see Natalie and Tom Jones die? You're evil!
    :p

4. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    They were both hatable characters, anyway. We have to annihilate! Kill! Kill!

[face_devil]

5. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    how can you call a Natalie Portman character a hatable character??? :eek: ;) :D

6. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    To quote from the movie, "Why can't we all just get along?" (POTUS, Mars Attacks!)

Seriously, I didn't know that ILM worked on "Mars Attacks!". That's cool. :cool:

I thought the movie was a really funny because it was exactly like those old B-rated sci-fi movies.

7. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
  8. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I too love Mars Attacks. Its great. The actors are rather lousy, with a couple of notable exceptions, but it was supposed to be that way. The movie is full of injokes. Lisa Marie as the Martian spy girl was the best part fo the movie. The only thing CGI about her was when she removes the mask to reveal the true Martian head. That hair, hilarious! By the way, the Martians that they are cleaning up at the end of the movie are actually the life size stop motion puppets that were going to be used before the CGI was decided upon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.