main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Mars Star Party

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Handyman, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

On Friday, September 19th at 7:00pm, the Bingham Creek Library and the Clark Planetarium will be putting on a Mars Star Party. The Planetarium will be bringing several large telescopes so we can take a closer gander at the Red Planet. This is a FREE event and will be held at the library. Here's the address...

Bingham Creek Library
    4834 West 9000 South
    West Jordan
    (Only about 25 minutes from Utah County)

The Alpine Garrison of the 501st Legion has been invited by the library to appear in costume at this event. If anyone here in the Provo Fanforce is interested in wearing a costume to this event, please let me know.

The library has informed us that the event begins at 7:00pm but we won't be able to get a good view of Mars probably until around 9pm. Educators from the Clark Planetarium will also be available to answer questions. The Planetarium's notice on this event can be found HERE.

Later,

2. Insanitys_Crescendo

Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    I would love to go, but I wouldn't want to miss the Orem High football game against Timpanogos. Being student council, I need to support the team. Go Tigers!

3. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Michael and I may be interested, but it will largely depend on how we are doing on gas on Friday. I will let you know then.

4. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I also must be at the football game, as I am a member of the band.

I know you guys will have fun, though. I've been to a couple star parties, and they're the coolest.

5. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Michael has had something come up with work. We will be unable to attend.

6. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

We'll be taking plenty of photos and video of the event, so you'll all get a chance to see what happened. ;)

Later,