main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Martha, Martha, Martha....

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Darth Mischievous, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    What is your opinion of Martha Stewart and her insider trading scandals?

IMHO, she should face fines and a short stay in jail.

It is the rich such as her who get away with these types of crimes, and our system of justice should not (but unfortunately does) have two sets of rules for economic position.

Now, there are people spending YEARS in jail for stealing a TV set or some other minor crime. Some poor old Joe off the street. Yet Martha Stewart can insider trade (a serious white collar crime) and get away with it. Much more serious than stealing, lets say, a TV.

So, what's your take? Is she being treated unfairly, or does she need to ante up and face the punisment for her misdeeds?

2. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    IMHO, she should face fines and a short stay in jail.

I actually wouldn't mind watching a few episodes of her show "on location" in jail. The possibilities are endless: she could show us how to decorate a jail cell, how to spruce up drab prison coveralls, etc.

[face_laugh]

3. Darth Mischievous

Oct 12, 1999
  4. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    I like to see her doing some hard time with some big chick that's in for killing her husband! :D

Seriously, Martha Stewart is kinda hot.

In a snobby-yuppie-suburban-soccer-mom kind of way.

On second thought...this woman must die! ;)

5. Darth Mischievous

Oct 12, 1999
    People like her were guillotined in France during their Revolution.

6. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    Actually if convicted she isn't facing a short time in jail. She is facing something like 15 to 20. I heard this a week or so ago on the news based on the charges which would be handed down on her.

Of course there is the celebraty plea bargin which makes me want to vomit everytime I see it in our justice system. From O.J. to Bill Clinton I want to puke when I see this junk. She should get the book thrown at her, but the damage will be done with a fine and I guarantee you she will lose her show and everything else as a result.

7. Epicauthor

Epicauthor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Of course there is the celebraty plea bargin which makes me want to vomit everytime I see it in our justice system. From O.J. to Bill Clinton I want to puke when I see this junk. She should get the book thrown at her, but the damage will be done with a fine and I guarantee you she will lose her show and everything else as a result

I so totally agree with this statement (except the Bill Clinton thing, but that's another thread 8-}) Celebrities get off way too easy in this country. If you or I were to do this, they'd throw the book at us.

8. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Did she kill anyone? No. Did she injure anyone? No. Did she act in a way that would place others in [physical] danger? No.

I think she should be charged and tried in court (not on the news). If found guilty, the penalty should fit the crime. The crime is about money; therefore, the punishment should be about money. Fines and restitution to those who were casualties of her profit would be the logical and ethical punishment.

9. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    People like her were guillotined in France during their Revolution.

[face_laugh] x1000...

Hey wait, that's true! :eek:

10. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    Oh she cost people a lot of money Cheevyo.

That does put people in danger who lose money like that indirectly. An example of that would say if one of those people lost over 100,000 dollars and say they have to have emergency surgery or whatever medical condition you can think of. Well not having that 100,000 dollars can effect whether or not they can have the operation and afford the medical bills. So peoples lives are put into danger.

So if convicted not only should she pay back every last cent but she needs to do some time as well.

11. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I find it ironic that we put people who held up a 7/11 in jail for years while people who steal BILLIONS get off free.

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I find it ironic that we put people who held up a 7/11 in jail for years while people who steal BILLIONS get off free.

That's because they can afford good ol american bs'ing, defense lawyers. ;)

13. Emilie

Emilie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Darth Mischievous : As a matter of facrt, EVERYBODY was guillotined in france during our revolution...
    :)

As though I have no clue who this Martha is, anyone minded to explain me?

PS : has anyone seen the Musical "Chicago?" (If you have, you should get the link...)

14. SifoYodaDyas

SifoYodaDyas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I think she should be made an example & set a precedent. To deter people from illegal insider trading. She should get the maximum years in jail. Made to pay restitution(s) to any or all people who lost money. She should also be sent to the worst womens prison in the U.S. Cancel her magazine(s), show, anything martha stewartish should be cancelled or removed from society. Then, I think one of the big networks should make a movie about what martha stewart illegaly did. I think there should also be a week long discussion in the classrooms about the wrong-doings she did. :)

15. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Emilie

That would be Martha Stewart, Queen of Soccer-Mom entertaining.

16. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I actually wouldn't mind watching a few episodes of her show "on location" in jail. The possibilities are endless: she could show us how to decorate a jail cell, how to spruce up drab prison coveralls, etc.

[face_laugh]

I find the woman incredibly ANNOYING.....

17. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    [image=http://www.mrsmegabyte.com/trek/t_borg_mar.jpg]

I AM MARTHA STEWART.
    YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.
    I WILL ADD YOUR CRAFTS, COOKING, AND ENTERTAINING DISTINCTIVENESS TO MY OWN.
    YOUR NEXT POOL PARTY OR INFORMAL GET-TOGETHER WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE ME.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

18. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    That picture is great. HAAAAAAA!!!!!

I could see it now. Martha Steward's cell block show. Here Martha shows how you can design beautiful designs with your jail cell. Turn that terrible Jail chow into a elegant French Cuisine.

19. Darth Mischievous

Oct 12, 1999
    LMAO

[face_laugh]

you guys are too funny.

20. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL at Borg Martha! [face_laugh]

21. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    I always knew she was evil...no one can do that much home crafts without calling upon the powers of darkness!

:)

22. ferelwookie

Oct 4, 2001
    Love to see her color-coordinate her prision fatigues with her bed-sheets. :p

But, like people mentioned above...the lower class loser who steals 50.00 from a convience store gets more time in jail than insider-traders, swindlers, and white-collar theives. 2 sets of rules for 2 sets of folks.

I'd like to see lil' Martha locked up alone in a cell with Large Marge...but, if they even get her for anything, she's sure to get the "country club" treatment. :(

23. Darth Mischievous

Oct 12, 1999
  24. ferelwookie

Oct 4, 2001
  25. Darth Mischievous

Oct 12, 1999
    She's really in some trouble, now.

muwahahah

[face_devil]