main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Martial Artists...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth_Obstreperous, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dm_jedi

dm_jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    I think i will leave that to my grandmother :p

2. Lord_Rive

Lord_Rive TFN Fan Films Staff star 4 VIP

Jun 29, 2000
    Don't listen to them. My mom didn't start training until in her sixties.

3. Junfanman

Junfanman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Cmon Daft, you sound like someone else I know and I've been braggin on ya!

You are never too old to learn. It is like anything you do, it depends on the amount of time you put in and how dedicated you are.

I know that this is not a martial arts forum and this is why you are getting some negative comments about it. If any of you like, email me and I will set you up with some great martial arts forums, mainly Jeet Kune Do.

I have to say it though some of these light saber duels need help!! No offense, they just don't know better or just don't care lol.

They may be knittin sweaters when they should be learning fight chorography for their fan film! Just kiddin Daft, I am your servant.

Peace

4. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    You are never too old to begin training.

5. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm going to tell Yoda you said that!

Hey dm-jedi, I really, really was joking when I said you where to old. It makes he sad to think that a twenty year old wonders if he is too old to do stuff. You must think I'm a bus-pass job :(

:_|

6. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Martial arts... I mean, the definition would be along the lines of : "art used for fighting" or something (not trying to be accurate here, you get my point).

When people say "martial arts", they often see Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Dave Macomber... (had to put him there, huh ? ;)).

With "my" definition up there, I can say : I have studied traditional fencing during six years. :) You know, D'Artagnan and the musketeers... that kind of stuff. A lot of people think it's boring, but I loved it and I still do. And after a bit of training, it can look great ! :)

7. dm_jedi

dm_jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    Hey, I do know you were joking....it is ok, a little bit of humor it's always a good thing

:D [face_laugh]

DM_Jedi

8. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Another story about the floor cleaning guy:

I was talking with him earlier tonight while I was on break. We were discussing people who have nothing else to do but sit around and think of ways to cheat things, mainly how to get away with free stuff on a U-Scan (a do-it-yourself grocery register). He casually slipped this in:

"Sometimes I envy people who are smart enough to think of these things on their own. I mean, I can kill someone a thousand and two different ways without a trace, without even thinking about it, but to sit down and actually plan out how you're going to do somethine... man!"

Altogether now!

HUMANS USE NARCOTICS!

;)

9. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Excellent. This guy sounds great entertainment!

I can bench press 450, kill a man in two hundred ways, but it I could just figure out how to get that toilet out back to flush...

Sounds like the cleaner is full of the same stuff as that toilet :p
    Humans.....use.....narcotics.

10. Junfanman

Junfanman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Bravo Daft!! I couldn't agree more..lol.

11. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Once he told me that the best time to punch someone is while you're sneezing. Because you're body tenses up so much, all that energy is released in a split second. If you can punch someone the same time you sneeze, it can be likened to the three times the power of your fist.

... just thought I'd add that. I've got plenty more where that came from!

12. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    [face_laugh] Wow, I thought I was the only one that carried pepper around in my pocket just incase I get in a fight. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.