"Martial" Yoda Music?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by SHAD0W-JEDI, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost

star 3
    I know I heard a more "martial", less idyllic version of Yoda's theme at one time. One place I believe I heard it was before the release of ROTS... on the movie website, a graphic of Yoda came up, with this faster paced, more "aggressive" sounding take on the traditional Yoda music.

Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about ... ; ) .... and any idea if that version is available on I TUNES or one of the SW soundtracks?

Appreciate any help you might be able to offer!

Shadow
  2. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it from the scene in Attack of the Clones in which Yoda uses the Force to stop the stone pillar from crushing Anakin and Obi-Wan? If so, not present on the soundtracks.
  3. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    That was the first one that came to my mind too.

Yoda's Theme is also used in a similar manner for the escape from Cloud City, during the track "The Clash Of Lightsabers" on the ESB SE soundtrack.
  4. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think it might have been its appearance halfway through "Carbon Freeze/Darth Vader's Trap/Departure of Boba Fett."
  5. Kwenn Force Ghost

star 5
    It's around 05:35 onwards from "Carbon Freeze"; just after Boba Fett's theme, when Luke gets shot at by the stormtroopers. It's a martial theme, but also a bit of an adventure motif, essentially serving as Luke's 'Jedi' theme. The version in Episode II is more faithful to the original, I think.

EDIT: Yoda's Theme comes through strongest at 06:20, just before Luke enters the carbon chamber.

EDIT II: Been re-listening to the track, and there's a triumphant rendition of both the Force Theme and Yoda's Theme (11:10) right at the end. Can't believe I missed that.
  6. SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost

star 3

Thanks all - truly appreciate it. Can always count on the "SW Community" to help out...*S*

Shadow
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.