main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Marvel Animated Movies] Doctor Strange **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Anyone picking up the animated Dr. Strange movie on dvd today? I plan on getting it soon. I've enjoyed Marvel's animated movies and will definately give this one a chance.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I picked it up. I actually really liked this one. Far better then the Iron Man one in my opinion. Though once again, the end battle was a bit quick.

He simply "absorbs" Dormamu since he has the ability to absorb magic. Apparently no other sorceror had this else one of them would still be alive. The way Wong said it, it sounded like it was rare but that other sorcerors had it. Apparently non of the Ancient One's students had it same with the Ancient one himself.

Also noticed some slight changes to the storyline especially with Mordo. Mordo came off more as a brute then as a threat to Strange. Wong's story looked like it might have been changed. For one thing, he had hair :p

Definitely rent this one at least.

My ranking of the 4 we've seen:

Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2
    Doctor Strange
    Iron Man

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Great movie. I'll admit that this is just as good as Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2. It'll take a couple more viewings to see if it turns out to be better, but my initial viewing was good. I don't know much about Dr. Strange but this seemed like a good origin story for anyone interested in him.

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I may have to check this out. I a huge Strange-ophile. I have pretty much the entire comics run, except for a couple of chunks in the late sixties/very early seventies.

Good stuff!

5. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    This was a decent movie. I think it was the best looking one out of all four of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.