Amph MARVEL CIVIL WAR

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Obi_Will_Kenobi, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    From the Marvel solits, it looks like Cap makes it through alive.

SO I really have no idea what's going on anymore.
  2. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Here is what the post Civil War one-shots have to say.

CIVIL WAR: FALLEN SON ? CAPTAIN AMERICA
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Pencils and Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
    Alternate Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
    How has the fall-out of Civil War affected Captain America? One side won and the other side lost ? but the aftermath may have hit some heroes harder than others. Now it?s time to navigate this turbulent new landscape with the shield-slinging Super Soldier ? and your guides are none other than Jeph Loeb and John Romita Jr. (ETERNALS)!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$2.99
    NOTE: Not actual title

CIVIL WAR: FALLEN SON ? SPIDER-MAN
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Pencils and Cover by DAVID FINCH
    He?s confronted the deaths of family and friends ? but how will the passing of a fellow hero rock the Wall-Crawler? We know we?re being secretive about these FALLEN SON issue descriptions, but it?s Jeph Loeb, David Finch (NEW AVENGERS) and Spider-Man all dealing with life?s greatest foe ? so you know it?s going to rock!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$2.99

CIVIL WAR: FALLEN SON ? IRON MAN
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Pencils and Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    Can the Marvel Universe accept the death of a true hero? In the wake of a tragedy, we?ve visited the top heroes of the Marvel Universe, and now it all comes down this. The rockstar team of Jeph Loeb and John Cassaday (ASTONISHING X-MEN) bring it all home in the story that will have True Believers debating ? and maybe even shedding a tear.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$2.99

So we have the death of a hero, which if I'm betting right, Spider-Man could've prevented this death but doesn't. As a result, Peter puts on the black suit once he goes through his stuff.
  3. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    so i'm taking it that Iron Man is the one that bites the dust?
  4. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    If you look at the may solicit for his book, it seems unlikely.
  5. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Iron Man seems to have been the one hinted at, but who knows at this point. How much longer is the wait for Civil War 7 now?
  6. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Civil War #7 comes out next week, February 21st.

As for who dies, I don't think any of the "big three" from Civil War are going to bite it. I do think it will be a pro-reg person, probably someone who Tony is close to. Hank Pym perhaps... [face_thinking]
  7. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It's not Tony who dies. He's in a lot of the post Civil War books, starting with "The Confession"

April solicits.

CIVIL WAR: THE CONFESSION
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils and Cover by ALEX MALEEV
    From the Eisner Award winning team that brought you the start of CIVIL WAR with the NEW AVENGERS ILLUMINATI SPECIAL comes this heart-wrenching finale that cannot be missed. Two of the Marvel heroes most affected by the shocking conclusion of the war get together one last time. What is said between them will set the course of the Marvel Universe for years to come. This is the confession.
    Alex Maleev unveils another new fantastic art style especially for this very emotional issue.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$2.99
    FOC ? 2/22, On-Sale ? 3/14/2007
    Order using this code: NOV068200

CIVIL WAR: FALLEN SON ? WOLVERINE (NOTE: NOT ACTUAL TITLE)
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Pencils and Cover by LEINIL YU
    Variant Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
    How will Wolverine react to the death of one the most beloved characters in the Marvel Universe? He ain't buyin' it! Join Logan as he tries to track down the truth and he's not going to be happy when he does! The secret story that will transverse the post Civil War landscape ? and stars Marvel's most popular characters ? begins here! How do people with amazing powers face a force that no one can fight? Who has fallen, and is more violence coming? With Wolverine on the scene, is there any question? Be there as superstar Jeph Loeb teams with the industry's top artists on a story that will have everyone talking! Loeb! Leinil! Logan!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$2.99

CIVIL WAR: FALLEN SON ? NEW AVENGERS (NOTE: NOT ACTUAL TITLE)
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Pencils and Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    Variant Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
    The devastating end of Civil War has two decidedly different reactions from the Mighty Avengers and the New Avengers! If you thought heroes were divided during the War, just wait until the aftermath! That's right, it's both teams in one book, and we got the superstar team from Superman/Batman ? Jeph Loeb & Ed McGuinness ? to take on Earth's Mightiest Heroes?and the Avengers Assemble like never before!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$2.99

May solicits. Earlier I posted the three Fallen Son issues with Spidey, Cap and Iron Man. Now for others.

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: CIVIL WAR REMEMBERED
    Written by JOHN RHETT THOMAS
    Full of powerful, exhilarating and breathtaking moments, CIVIL WAR was an event that from its very start had everyone in and out of comics talking ? but the climax is certain to be the most breathtaking moment of all! In the stunning aftermath of the great comic event of our time, we find a landscape of heroes forever reshaped ? and a fallen hero who paid the ultimate price. MARVEL SPOTLIGHT marks this solemn occasion with a special tribute to the life and legacy of a Marvel Comics legend.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$2.99
    Note: Not final title

IRON MAN #18
    Written by DANIEL KNAUF AND CHARLES KNAUF
    Penciled by ROBERTO DE LA TORRE
    Cover by GERALD PAREL
    Tony Stark and Maya Hansen are friends and colleagues. But tensions develop ? professional and otherwise ? when their views on Maya?s research begin to clash. While Maya weighs a tempting offer from a suspicious source, Tony must wrestle with his conscience as a global threat develops. Here's a hint: Ten Rings of Power:
    32 PGS./Rated A ?$2.99

NEW AVENGERS #30
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils and Cover by LEINIL YU
    The New Avengers versus the Hand!! AND the New Avengers versus the Mighty Avengers!! AND the identity of the new Ronin revealed!! Who is the new mystery player in the New Avengers? Find out here!!
    Guest-starring the Mighty Avengers and... wait for it... BROTHER VOODOO!!
    32 PGS./Rated A ?$2.99

Hints concerning Black In Black, in the pages of Amazing.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #539
    Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
    Pencils and Cover by RON GARNEY
    ?Back in Black,? Part 1
    Look what someone found in their closet! Reeling in the aftermath of the Civil War that?s wracked the Mar
  8. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    They keep saying the death of "one of the most beloved" characters and its hard to think of one besides the big 3 that is really involved.

One of the FF? That's hard to imagine. Pym I guess.
  9. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Actually, one of the FF could make sense. Apparently the FF is going to have a new lineup post-Civil War. So it could be Reed.
  10. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    I was thinking about that earlier today, and that makes some sense.
  11. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My guess would be Susan. Reed would likely blame himself for her death based on their falling out over the war and likely fall into deep despair pulling out of the team, leaving Ben and Johnny to lead a new FF.
  12. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    FF member dying, yes. Staying dead, of course not
  13. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Regarding the new avengers, Peter seems pretty chipper for someone who just suffered a great loss.
  14. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    When has he not seemed chipper after a great loss? After House of M he lost Gwen (again) and a son he never had. Yet his entire feelings on the subject were wrapped up as a sub-plot in Son of M #1 (not even a full arc, part of a single issue).
  15. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    I think that had more to do with House of M sucking then good characterization.
  16. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
  17. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Peter David already said that because Amazing would be published later than the other Spidey books, the stories couldn't really reflect what happened. Nor really reference it. Once "Civil War" ends and "Back In Black" starts in Amazing, we'll see Peter switch tactics. If not for "The Other", "Road To Civil War" and "Civil War" itself, the storylines from "House Of M" would've been followed up sooner.

According to solicits, Reed is still alive. As is Johnny and Ben. But no word on Sue. Methinks she's going to die. Peter is devestated and Logan doesn't buy it. Not too much is being said about Cap and Tony's persepectives.
  18. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm in the boat that Sue is going to die. MY comic book store owner buddy was telling me all about the "New Fantastic Four." He said that in all his book ordering and rumors here and there it looks like Black Panther and Storm might take over for Reed (who probably will just be to upset to move on) and Sue, (becuase she'd be dead.) Thing and Johnny will still be at it but with two new hands. All rumors and Heresay.

But there was a Marvel Preivews (Not sure what month) that had a page saying "Fantastic Four?" And had about 16 super heroes/and villians on the page.

dkt
  19. StarscreamPrime Jedi Master

star 4
    All I have to say on the rumored death personage is... Man, Marvel must really hate this person, to have given them continual decades of horrid characterization, and to end up a casuality of a rather weak crossover event.
  20. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  21. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    wow. i think that confirms or at least solidifies the Reed and Sue dying/leaving the FF
  22. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thats only if its the true issue cover. Marvel has been known in the past for producing missleading covers and images. Like the revelation that Astonishing X-men would ressurect a major Character, and the immediate introduction of Phoenix images as "Spoilers." I was suprised to find out it was Colossus instead.

However this looks somewhat official and strengthens my resolve as who specifically dies and who leaves.
  23. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Most of the future solicits up until May have Storm and Black Panter on the FF. Including a trip to the Zombie Universe.
  24. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Exactly. All covers and solicits are correct. From March through May, they contain new members. Spoilers.

Fantastic Four #545

Black Panther #27]

Black Panther #28

Fantastic Four #546

FANTASTIC FOUR #546
    Written by DWAYNE MCDUFFIE
    Penciled by PAUL PELLETIER
    Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
    The Fantastic Four is helpless against the cosmic power of Epoch. The Black Panther goes one-on-one vs. The Silver Surfer. And oh, yeah, there's a new Protector of the Universe and he's got a bone to pick with Galactus.
    32 PGS./Rated A ?$2.99

BLACK PANTHER #28
    Written by REGINALD HUDLIN
    Penciled by FRANCIS PORTELA
    Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM
    "Part 1 of 4"
    It?s slobberin? time! The New Fantastic Four just made a wrong turn on the inter-dimensional super highway -- and they?ve landed in the middle of Zombie-verse! That?s right, True Believer, if the Black Panther, Storm, the Human Torch and the Thing can?t come up with the perfect escape plan, they?re going to be the next hors d'ouvres for Zombie Galacti intent on eating the entire universe! Spinning from the pages of the mega-hit MARVEL ZOMBIES!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ?$2.99

Also, the cover of the Senastional Spider-Man annual.

Sensational Spider-Man

25. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    Spider-Man/CW spoilers maybe:

Sensational Spider-Man 35 has the black costume.

Also has a cameo by Mr Fantastic. Someone is talking to him and says "Last time I saw you was when your friend...when he died..." They say HE

I only had time to flip through it, not read the whole thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.