Amph MARVEL CIVIL WAR

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Obi_Will_Kenobi, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Will_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Guys, i'm a little confused about the ending of Civ. War 1.

I get it that Cap. America didn't want to join S.H.E.I.L.D but what made Iron Man want to join the government's decision for a registration act? I thought he was against the decision!

Please, a brief summary.

Thanks.
  2. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Tony and Iron Man are for the registration act. Tony thinks that if the heroes work with the government, they can play the "damage control" role and reduce the impact the legislation would have on the community. He wants to work with the government and show that the heroes will co-operate, hopefully allowing the two sides to compromise on a lot of the issues involved. Or something like that.

There's a joke going around in some places saying that Tony's willingness to work with the government is the first step to his taking over the world like what happened in one alternate reality.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~
  3. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Force Ghost

star 5
    I picked it up off a friends request. I've actaully havn't bought a comic in a few years up until today.

I enjoyed it. Iron Man has always been my fav, but he's kinda pissing me off.

dkt
  4. Obi_Will_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh, ok...thanks. That's what I was thinking, too.

Cheers Bart!
  5. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The storyline that starts in Captain America #1 (the current series) has gotten some pretty rave reviews.
  6. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I got this for free when I bought something else at my comic shop today. Pretty good, I think (actually only the second loose comic I've ever bought, and the rest are all SW). Though there are quite a few characters in there who (whom?) I don't recognise.

Who's the guy in black and yellow with Iron Man at the end?

Never mind, while looking for that Goliath guy I discovered it's Henry Pym.

Other characters I'm in the dark about:
    the big guy on the couch talking to Wasp
    the flying guy in the opening scene
    the two women and green guy with Patriot (looks sort of like Hulk, but I'm not sure)
    And the three people with who I assume is Invisible Woman in the Spiderman entrance.
  7. redxavier Force Ghost

star 4
    Henry Pym in that black and yellow is called Yellowjacket.

the big guy on the couch talking to Wasp
    - looked like Luke Cage to me.

the flying guy in the opening scene
    - not sure which one you mean, Falcon perhaps? (the black one with wings)

the two women and green guy with Patriot (looks sort of like Hulk, but I'm not sure)
    - The green guy is Hulkling, a human- alien hybrid. Don't know the ladies.

And the three people with who I assume is Invisible Woman in the Spiderman entrance.
    - Black Cat, Rachel Grey (Marvel Girl) and Hercules.
  8. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5

And the two women are Kate Bishop (brunette) and Stature (blonde). Meaning the only Young Avengers missing in that panel were Wiccan, Thomas Shepherd, and Vision II.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~
  9. Young_Punk Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyone else who follows daredevil notice that that might be the Imposter

For those of you who dont know matt murdock is in jail or maybe civil war takes place before or after that.

I want to get my first isse but havent been able to get to a comic book shop!!!!!!
  10. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Force Ghost

star 5
  11. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Cheers everyone. And yes I did mean Falcon...I recognised Iceman and Spider-Woman.
  12. Young_Punk Jedi Knight

star 3
    anyone read my last post?

Possibly getting civil war tommorow yay!!!!

Ps. I hear thers a scene with cap fighting shield. YAY!!!! I hate sheild now anyway for enslaving creatures as their slaves.
  13. Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Dont really care for civil war, Marvel just gave Milligan a free ticket to kill more "C-list" hero's to furthur his own plot line. With the Decemation wiping out many of my favorite mutants and Civil war killing many of my favorite New Warriors i have little reason to continue buying marvel comics.
  14. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Okay, thanks, I'll look into it. What was the last one released?
  15. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    Little dissapointed in #1. The lead ups in Spider-Man and Avengers made it seem like Iron Man was gonna be the major player on the anti-registration side, then he suddenly switched.
  16. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    The way that I see it, Iron Man / Stark is acting in the interests of the mutants - he's been trying to work with the government all along, and while he's resisted the bill, with Captain America's actions, he didn't really have any choice, because the balance tipped so quickly.
  17. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6

I saw an interview with Joe Quesada, the editor-in-chief of Marvel and he hinted that the Daredevil in Civil War is indeed the imposter.
  18. Young_Punk Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah i thought i caught that somewhere but who is he?????

It really got me wondering. I hope the imposter is someone intresting. I also hope murdock comes in some point at civil war.
  19. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    There's some speculation that Bullseye is the imposter.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~
  20. Young_Punk Jedi Knight

star 3
    I Heard it was hawkeye

Im not sure but i dont think it was bullseye because matt's personal friends like peter would have thought twice about inviting an imposter they were unsure about to a big superhero meeting.
  21. Young_Punk Jedi Knight

star 3
    Finally got civil war and I thought as other people that Cap fighting sheild was the best part
  22. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah cap fighting sheild was really sweet.
  23. Obi_Will_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does anyone know when the next issue of CW is out?

Thanks in advance!
  24. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know. I usually hate Marvel's house of ideas as a whole, so I might just pick up Civil War: X-men, since it's the culminating chapter in a recent story arc.
  25. Obi_Will_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    oooh thurs for all uk fans!

only 2 days!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.