main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph MARVEL CIVIL WAR

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Obi_Will_Kenobi, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I think Luke cage has the right idea in black panther 18, just stay in wacanda. The american goverment attacked luke cage for no reason. Sure the US is home, but at the same tiume, offering you services to some one else who will appreciate them is just fine by me.

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    That line pissed me the hell off. His wife is begging him to take her and his child to Canada and he makes a speech about how they wouldn't chase him out of his home, and then in BP for the sole reason that he's black, Hudlin has him trying to go to Wacanda.

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Frontline #5 began to show the dark side of registering when government agents blackmailed Wonder Man to do a job for them with threats of prosecution on tax fraud charges. I bet this is the beginning of the turn of some of the pro-reg heroes right here.

EDIT: I decided to black out potential spoilers.

4. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    that's actualy a good point fel.

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Frontline #5 also shows what it is that Reed and Stark have been working on. And its location...maybe a tie in to Annihilation.

I can't see too many pro-regs remaining (fanwise)...SHIELD look like complete ******* in this one.

Ms Marvel wasn't bad either...strange-looking new hero introduced.

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Talking about Arana? She isn't new to the Marvel U in Civil War. She's is a relatively new character, but relatively new like the Runaways. She's hung out with Spider-Man a few times in her few years of existence.

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~

7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    She's new to me then. I'd never seen her before.

Another spider hero? The Marvel U is infested with them.

8. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    infested - ha! [face_laugh]

They should all form up and become a new team: The Spider Corps or something. :p

9. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Nah, cause this balances out the Spider heroes on both sides.

Anti has the Spider-Women and their excellent costumes. I mean, really excellent.

Pro has Spider-Man and Arana. So the Spider heroes are even now.

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~

10. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Yeah that makes no snese at all, besides I don't think Cage would run from a fight.

11. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    They already tried that once, the new Cap executed(most violently) about 30 guys, in a fight, in a barn.

12. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    CW4 has been delayed to September 20th. CW5 will be in November. The tie-ins have been moved in ensure they still match up.

[face_plain][face_plain][face_plain]

13. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    what?

do you know what comes out today?

dkt

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The only Civil War Tie-Ins due out today are Thunderbolts #104 & Civil War X-Men #2. This is from Diamond Comics Shipping List.

So you're telling me that a book Millar is writing is being delayd? What a shock. :rolleyes:
    It's bad enough that Ultimates has been playing musical release dates, but now, due to one book being delayed (Civil War #4) dozens of books are being pushed back. Frustrating, but hopefully this means we'll have higher quality books in the long run.

15. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    As much as I love Millar's work (and I do, hell Millarworld is so far the only comic forum I regsitered at), there is a constant pattern of delays with his books. Whether that is always a direct result of his health problems or something else, I don't know. I just wish that on projects of this magnitude that they would have had at least three or four issues in the can before they even began to make sure this would run smoothly. This is Marvel's big coming out party, with more mainstream coverage for a comic than I have seen in a while and now suddenly it will disappear until almost October? That's just bad for business and bad for the comic industry as a whole. Sure Joe Fanboy will still pick all the titles up when they come out late, but what about Bill Causalfan? Will he keep his interest long enough to remember this in late September? I think not.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's not Millar. It's artist Steve McNiven according to him, on Millar's forum. It wasn't announced until very last minute, that the issue was going to be delayed. The reason cited is that they had very little lead time and rather than doing what was done with "Infinite Crisis" or even the original Crisis, they delayed it. Newsarama has the full scoop.

17. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Ah, well I still maintain that I wish they had had some issues in the can already before starting something like this, as to avoid or lessen delays of this nature. If it's true that McNiven had virtually no lead in time however, it's amazing the series got this far without delay.

18. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    I like mcniven, and the no lead time claim makes a lot of sense to me. It's stupid that marvel didn't give him more lead time. That being said, it's stupider to delay there whole ppublishing schedual becasue of this. Have some one else help with the art.

19. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I'd rather have a delay than have different artists in the same book, or even the same story arc. It can be really jarring when it happens. Ultimate X-Men: Hellfire & Brimstone really suffers from this as the art style completely changes for two issues halfway through.

Despite who's to blame for the delays, it should be noted that this past month has seen delays for Ultimates 2, Ultimate Fantastic Four, and Civil War. All written by Millar.

20. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I agree. If this had been something like Secret War or The Dark Knight Returns, an event in and of itself, a delay is aceptable. But Civil War isn't just the main title, it's all the tie-in's too, and now those are forced to be delayed along with the main title. I understand WHY that is (because obviously if Civil War: Frontline #10 comes out right when Civil War #5 does, well then some of the story is way ahead), I just think it's very poor planning on Marvel's part.

21. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Good observation lando, but one thing i nee to point out in miller's defense is that a lot of the delay's on ultimates 2 may be hitch's fault since hitch has been working on DR. WHO.

Switching artist on civil war would suck if the style of art was different, i think hitch (i know bad example since he is bussy) could be a good fill in for mcniven for an issue or two. someone like john romata jr. wouldn't be.

22. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Sep 27, 2002
    i know we are still delayed, but does anything come out this week?

dkt

23. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Civil War titles for Aug. 23:

New Avengers #23
    Wolverine #45
    Heroes for Hire #1

www.diamondcomics.com always has shipping lists for the current week as well as the following week.

24. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Sep 27, 2002
    cool, i'm going to book mark that page. I like the new avengers thus far. The comic book dude said Hero's for Hire looked good. I didn't know to much about it.

It will be very cool to see what happens in the Wolvy storyline. The art is a bit off for my taste but it's awsome anyway.

dkt

25. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Sep 27, 2002
    So it looks like no Civil War anything comming out today. I'll have to stick with my 52

dkt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.