main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Marvel Heroes: Resurgence

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Ophelia "Ophee" Rhodes
    Small Cottage in Oklahoma

While she waited on her mother, Ophee admired her flowers.

They were her children, if a virgin could have children. She wasn’t Mary, Ol’ Norma would've slapped her in the face if she'd heard such blasphemous thoughts. Good thing they stay in my head. But she was a virgin, and she was a mother. Her flowers weren’t children any longer, but she still cared for them as her own mother did to her. A few of them had been weathered when she’d last come outside… what was it, a week ago?... but now they thrived.

Except for one.

A sunburst drooped a bit amidst its proud brethren. She approached it and fell to her knees gently. The moist dirt soaked into the ends of her dress, but she ignored it. Grazing the flowers petals, which were sunlight encapsulated, she felt it. It was thrumming with life. A weakening one, but life itself.

I’m a hippy, she thought to herself with a tiny smile. Just a tree hugging hippy.

But hippies were one thing. As the flower perked a bit from her touch, brightening and unfolding further, Ophee knew she was much more than a hippy.

[​IMG]

It was just another glorious thing in her garden of glorious things, but Ophee admired it alone all the same. She closed her eyes and stroked the petals longer than she had thought, so lost in contemplation that she never noticed her mother standing at the edge of the cottage until she spoke.

“Ophee, darling, come along,” Heather Rhodes watched her with a smirk. The crow’s feet around her eyes crinkled even further.

“Look at the sunburst Mother, just look at it.” She gushed. “I don’t think it’s looked this good in awhile!”

“Probably because your green thumb’s been laid up in bed.” Her mother said it as a joke, but Ophee knew her mother's meaning. The incident on the field trip was one not even her mother could explain, and Ophee could count on one hand the number of times she’d left her bed since. Graduation had been one.

“What about your green thumb?” Ophee rose up from the garden and dusted her dress off. “You’re just as good as I am.”

“That’s a lie, and we both know it.”

Ophee rolled her eyes. Though the sun still shined high above them, she knew where they were going and couldn’t keep a smile. To the town for groceries was better than to the city, but she still wasn’t fond of leaving her house. Ironing the wrinkles her simple blue dress, she followed her mother down the path.

“We should’ve brought Whiskies,” She popped out.

Her mother shook her head.

“Ophee, we’re not bringing the damn cat grocery shopping.”

They walked in silence several steps further.

“What about the flowers? Aren’t you afraid they’ll wilt-“

“They’ll be fine. We’ve always left them once a month.”

Silence again.

“There’s so many chores around the house-“

Ophee.” Her mother stopped in her tracks. Ophee knew Heather Rhodes could only handle so much before she snapped. “You’ll be fine. The flowers will be fine. The house will be fine.” Her face softened as she stroked her daughter’s hair from her eyes.

Oh, Mother… when did you start looking so old? It was a sad thought. Did I do it to you?

“I’m sorry.” Ophee looked away from her mother. She couldn’t stare into a withering face. She could save her flowers from age. Why not her mother?

“Don’t apologize.” Her mother smiled. “If you start feeling sick, at any time, just tell me. I’ll take you home right away. I wouldn’t put you through that again. We just… we need food.”

Ophee nodded.

“Smile now, darling. Norma and Ed should be out and about up here.”

A breeze caught the edge of Ophee’s dress and pulled at it, a nostalgic gust that filled the pits of her lungs.

God, I love all of it. Maybe I am Mary. The Mary of the World. It was a hilariously intriguing thought.

But as she and her mother began to walk again, another question haunted her.

What happened to Mary’s mother?

Ophee didn’t think she wanted to know.

TAG: greyjedi125

Sith-I-5, Ameteth, Darth_Elu and 2 others like this.
  2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: Because somehow I completely missed there being a second update... :p Sorry about the double post.

Ophelia "Ophee" Rhodes
    Small Cottage in Oklahoma

“You did wonderful Ophee.”

Her mother had cooed since they’d left town. Ophee felt as if she was a girl again, helping her mother in the garden. Now it normally would’ve grated on her nerves, but Ophee comforted in it. These past few weeks had aged her mother. Having a kid almost die does that to a person.

“I think we picked out some wonderful things. The market always has the best sales. If I didn’t love our garden so much I’d move there.” While her mother prattled on, Ophee saw ahead to their cottage. Two women stepped to the door, one extremely familiar.

Mrs. Rhodes,” The shorter woman spoke. The gray hair, curly and well prepared, was a dead giveaway. “It’s me, Norma. There’s someone here you have to meet.

Ophee had thought it odd when she’d past by Norma and Ed’s place, and only Ed had been working away in the sun. He hadn’t made any mention to his wife coming by, only that this was the perfect time to be tilling the garden. He always prattled on about how sunny the world seemed to be whenever Ophee came through. It was an endearing comment coming from him, and Ophee treasured it every time.

I’m with Mrs. McCready. She’s from the local newspaper and she’d love to feature an article on your lovely garden. Isn’t that wonderful?” Norma was almost visibly excited, even from behind, and Ophee processed that before her words. The garden? My garden? They’ve come to see my garden?

Ophee broke into a pleased grin.

“Norma?” Her mother finally spoke up. “You’ve come about the garden?” Her fists tightened on the bags in her hands. It was a subtle gesture, but she noticed everything about her mother.

Don’t be rude, say hi, Ophee chided herself. She’s just a reporter. She wants to see your garden. Be polite.

Finally she worked up the courage for a simple “hello”.

Meeting people had never been her strong suit.

3. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    IC: Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Sanctum Sanctorum, NYC

It wasn’t altogether strange to find a smile playing on young Zephyr’s countenance; he was after all the type of individual who chose to see the positive side of things as much as possible. However one would be brought to wonder if his stocks were soaring, or if he’d fallen in love, or discovered a fantastic hobby, given the permanent smile he’s been sporting for the past few days.

The simple truth of the matter would be found in his new friends and roommates. Fate had granted the company of two wonderful souls. Complex, vibrant and intriguing (downright mysterious really) metahumans like him. After growing up in isolation and friendless, this was nothing short of a dream come true.

But this was real life and there were some real challenges to be faced.

Blue’s extreme desire for anonymity was unusual, but not difficult to get used to, however, this adherence could be an indicator that bandana clad young meta had long standing unresolved trust issues and a preference for solo adventuring. Hopefully the passage of time and the mutual experiences would bond them all together into a close team, but it was yet much too early to accurately tell.

Casey was going through a heavily critical stage in her development; Her meta-abilities have just manifested and she was terrified of them.
    This was definitely a delicate situation and it required the attention of those experienced in the field of metahuman development.

Zephyr had received a lifetime of such care, and his precocious mind had picked up on a lot of things and learned much about the ‘new’ and not so new rare branch of humanity. But he was not and expert or even remotely qualified to professionally help a newly manifested individual, this was something that he wanted to change.
    Aside from being a hero and helping people out of danger, there were scores of metas out there who were living on the fringes of detection and registration. Who didn’t want to be serialized and yet desperately needed assistance with their new or existing abilities.

Was Doctor Charles Xavier driven by these very same concerns? Yes, without a doubt, and then some.
    Professor X had a worldview that challenged the status quo and brought to light the critical changes needed to include the emerging presence of the metahuman population in human society.

Meeting this illustrious man would be a second dream come true, but alas, such an opportunity seemed forever lost (Thanks Dr.Doom).

For the past few days, Zephyr has been getting used to the new sounds permeating his secret getaway space, a nice four story ‘brownstone’ styled dwelling, in the downtown area of New York City.

His new roommates, going back and forth acclimating to their new surroundings, were making the most wonderful sounds of busy habitation.
    As he worked from his computer station on the first floor, he could generally feel them when they moved around the house since his natural range covered nearly the entire edifice. The vibrations and tones and wakes left by their activity were a novelty because it was a normal everyday life thing rather than some exercise or experiment.

He was able to tell when Casey entered the kitchen and started preparing pastries for breakfast, her movements always so precise and coordinated. Then Blue would approach and after a few minutes become involved in the process, it was like a dance routine. This always made Zephyr smile as he pored through the often-grim information about the Anti-Registration rally that rocked the New York City area.

So much was going on. Zephyr absently preened his hair for comfort as he read articles of the aftermath, the deaths of the valiant officers and the destruction of property.

They weren’t strong enough for this level of involvement.

Wall and Petra had been apprehended by SHIELD, and the MORLOCKS were surely planning something, Totenkof’s words didn’t leave any room for doubt.

Just as impressive was the fact that Totenkof acknowledged Blue’s work in the field. So our bandana hero was leaving his mark in the world. Zephyr’s smile broadened at the idea of having a ‘celebrity’ hero in the house.

‘Blue must have been really dedicated and active in the area to have attracted the attention of the Morlocks…hmmm’.
    The very thought gave way to a few ideas.

Blue had also given a warning about Zack’s safety, citing that not involving him would be for the best.
    This made sense, but it also brought a great deal of conflict. Zephyr wasn’t used to hiding anything from Zack, with the exception of his powers, which was Blue’s exact point.

If Zephyr revealed his abilities to his buddy, a whole new world of challenges would also come with it. His silvery eyes brightened as the imagined his buddy’s excitement and acceptance of having a superhero friend; it would be one of the coolest things ever. But the flip side would be the danger that would come with said knowledge, bad guys never played fair and innocent people always got hurt.

What to do what to do?

He was currently tasking his search engine to find information on the guy with the white star or others wearing similar t-shirts or symbols when he noticed that Casey and Blue where by the door, not upstairs, but in the foyer, by the door that would lead them outside.

It was easy to tell that all wasn’t peachy-keen. By the way their bodies were positioned and kinesiology at play, ‘Blue’ was heading out and ‘Casey’ was anchoring him in place. Blue wasn’t using all his strength ( sigh of relief) and Casey wasn’t panicking ( another sigh of relief), but clearly they were at an impasse.
    Preening his hair again, Zephyr donned a natural expression before moving to the door of his ‘office’ and opening it to engage his deadlocked friends.

As he casually opened the door and looked out, the well lit foyer made it possible to see the pained expressions on his friends faces and the body language that seemed to say ‘Don’t go’.

Zephyr’s silvery eyes shifted between Casey and Blue, in an attempt to read their expressions and glean what could have possibly brought about this scene, with a quizzical look he asked…

“Hey, umm…what’s going on guys?”

TAG @greyjedi125, @galactic-vagabond422

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Blueline & Casey
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

"Hey, umm…what’s going on guys?" The two teens, snapped their heads around, seeing their host, his silver eyes flicking between them. They were even more frozen in place. Blue pulled a little trying to pull away from Casey. She held her ground, her hands wrapped around his wrist in a near death grip. They share a few awkward glances between each other, the hero stopped struggling, and the girl let go of his arm.

Blue looked away, slightly embarrassed to get caught like that. "I…I" he didn't know what to say, should he be honest, that he was heading out there to fight crime, to do what a hero is meant to do, or should he lie, say he was just heading out? His heart pained him to even consider lying, he hated liars, hated them more than he should. He let out a breath, "I can't stay here any longer."

Casey's heart jumped a little hearing that, she wanted to pull on his arm again, to stop him from leaving but, she held back. Zephyr was watching them. Her anguish played across her face. She didn't want him to leave, or more accurately, she wanted to stay near him. He was her strength, the pillar she leaned on. Her blue eyes looked up at him trying to see what he was feeling. His eyes were pointed away, it seemed he was struggling to make eye contact with her. Her mind was still working still trying to find a way to get what she so selfishly wanted but, not break Blue's noble heart.

"I'll come with you." She said finally after much thought.

"No, no," Blue nearly snapped, causing Casey to recoil, "You can't, what I do is dangerous, you'll get hurt, others will get hurt. You're still not in control of your powers."

Her face contorted more with pain, tears forming in the corner of her eye. "Is that how you see me?"

Blue silently cursed himself, he didn't mean it like that, "I…You know, what I mean."

"You think I'm some sort of monster don't you." She might have been misinterpreting his simple words, or just projecting what she felt.

"No," his breaths were becoming for frustrated, "That's not what I meant, it's just too soon for you to go out there, with me."

"I'm not ready, how can I be? We've been here for days and you've done nothing to help me figure out my powers."

"I can't…I'm…"

"You're afraid, aren’t you?" The pain was evident in her voice, her halting breaths, the tear falling from her eye. "I'm sorry, I can't change my blood, that I was born this way." She was nearing her breaking point, she needed to take a step back, to take a breath but, if she did that then Blue would surly leave. "I'm sorry for being such a burden on you."

The single tear falling from her eye, hurt him more than she would know. He could feel a pain in his chest, torn between his duty to the city, to the people he made a vow to protect, and the promise he made to Casey to stay by her side, to figure out her powers together. When did his life get so complicated? A small part of him wished he'd never met her, wished he'd never made that promise. Why was he always led by his heart, why couldn't he just think for once?

He took a moment, looking away from Zephyr and Casey, trying to weigh his options, if he caved, if he stayed in the ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’ it would be another day he wasn't out there protecting those that couldn't protect themselves. People like his mother, he could see her face in everyone he saved, and every life lost out there was someone's mother, father, son, daughter. However If he left, he'd be breaking a promise to a scared girl that looks to him to help her. Then there was the third option, the one that satisfied both of their wants but put the most risk to all involved, take her with him. What if she lost control, what if he couldn't calm her down, what if she got hurt, what if…there were a hundred different ways that it could go wrong. Each one was worse than the last, each one leading to bloodshed, hers or someone else's.

He couldn't just stay there but, he couldn't leave Casey. The inner turmoil was tearing him apart. He clenched his fist, brain trying to find a solution. Beads of sweat formed on his temples as he thought. He was trying to thread a needle here, and was failing miserably. All he could see was pain, every choice that was laid before him would hurt someone, Casey, the people he swore to protect, or himself. He knew that his pain didn't matter, it was his job to sacrifice, to take suffering, either physical or emotional, and keep going. Right now he'd somehow weaved himself into a no win situation. Trapped between dual responsibilities, and he couldn't fulfill them both, he had to choose one.

She took a step closer to him, trying to force him to make eye contact, to force him to see the pain he was putting her though. What happened to the words he spoke when he led her out of the riot? He said he wouldn't leave her. Now he was mere steps away from breaking that promise. She couldn't let him do it but, she recalled his face as he turned his back on the violence, and the people getting hurt. That anguished expression, the same one he was wearing now.

He looked up to Zephyr, maybe he had some idea, or maybe he could convince Casey to stay here, where it's safe, and let him do what he knows he was meant to do. To finally end this stalemate, to put his heart at ease.

Casey's eyes, slightly red looked to the other man as well, looking for anything, any sign of what he thought about this whole situation.

TAG: Ameteth greyjedi125

Ameteth, greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Bishop Knight
    Triskelion HQ, New York, Mission Room 34 NE

As expected, The Vision was right on time. The synthoid entered the reception area and greeted the seated agent.

“Good day, Agent Knight. I’m pleased you were able to meet in such short notice. Please, let’s go into the mission room.”

With a gesture of his hand, the Vision beckoned Bishop to rise and follow. As he approached the security door, Jocasta softly spoke their names as she scanned them and allowed them both access across.

[Welcome, Vision. Welcome Agent Bishop] the Triskelion AI said in pleasant greetings.

“Thank you, Jocasta.” The Vision answered, as one would an old friend.

The room was spacious and comfortably furnished. The internal climate was pleasantly cool. A conference table dominated the center of the room. It was currently arranged to seat 12 people.

“Please, take a seat.”

Exceedingly versed in human behavior patterns, the Vision waited until the agent seated himself first, then sat directly across from him, lean forward just so and steepled his hands together. So natural were his motions, that it was quite easy to forget that he was not an ‘actual’ person. In fact, he was far more.

“As our Assistant Chief of Cyber-Ops, Director Hill has assigned you to be the Chief Inspector of Cyber Security at the U.N.S.C hearing. You will be working alongside U.N.S.C’s Deputy Security Chief, Agent Ron Sandoval. You shall both be responsible for instituting and maintaining a S.H.I.E.L.D sanctioned High-Security Level around the Council Chamber and grounds, pre and post hearing. You have been scheduled to meet with Agent Sandoval, today at 15:00 hrs.”

The Vision took a momentary pause, allowing what was shared to be mentally digested.

“Please, feel free to ask any questions at any time.”

Tag: @E. L.Knight

Opehlia “Ophee” Rhodes
    Rhodes cottage, Oklahoma

“Norma?” Ophee’s mother breathed out, “You’ve come about the garden?”
    Her tone was neutral enough to the casual listener, but Ophee knew better.

Both women at the door suddenly turned around, their expressions brightened in pleasant surprise.

“Oh, there you are!” Norma said cheerfully, though obviously taken by surprise at seeing both Heather and Ophee arriving behind them rather than answering their door. Seeing the grocery bags in Heather’s arms alerted her to the fact that they’d been to town.

“This is Mrs. McCready, she’s with the local newspaper. I believe I mentioned her to you before…” Norma smiled and nodded, not sure if she did in fact mention her before, now that she thought about it. At least, she believed she did…or at least meant to.

“So, glad to meet you.” Mrs. McCready put in, also smiling and extending her hand in greeting. A rather large camera hung from a strap and rested on her chest. It definitely contrasted with her floral dress.

“Norma has told me about your beautiful garden…” She confessed eagerly, “And so, I thought, why not do a pictorial? With your permission….of course.”

“Hello.” Ophee said, after mustering the courage to speak.

“Oh, hello dear…you must be Ophelia.” Mrs. McCready was quick to add as she turned her smiling face to the young girl. “You are a pretty one, aren’t you…”

“It is a beautiful day for taking pictures.” Norma stated, bringing back the focus to Heather. Without her consent, there would be no article and her name wouldn’t appear on the paper. So many years ago, she’d wanted to run a flower shop, but such was not in the cards for her. She’d suggested it to Heather, but with little luck. This was the least she could do to celebrate their mutual love of gardens and flowers.

“What do you think, Heather dear…?”

Tag: @spycoder9

SGC 28.57^3
    Transia, Mountain Path

“Bodies, these soldiers, were dead? Who is she? What is ahead?”

Barsali turned completely around and took a single step into the cave. He could hear the concern in Esgeecee’s voice, and he could not blame him for it, as he too grew concerned.

“Yes, the soldiers Harman encountered were dead. War and warring often leads to much loss.”

Barsali looked to Harman, who sat by the small fire and had finished his bowl of broth by now. Thankfully, he was looking much better as well. The young tracker nodded back in confirmation.

“The ‘she’ I was referring to is nature. Gaea. It is said that rain represents her tears. These days the reference is made poetically.”

Barsali allowed himself a momentary refuel smile before straightening up again.

“We cannot stay in the cave much longer. We should collect our things and begin to make our way up the mountain.”

The ranger moved in now, his eyes regarding their various packages and rations.

“We will try to avoid as much trouble as we can…” he started saying. Barsali moved to a pack and crouched before it. He opened it an inspected a blade he produced after he’d unsheathed the weapon.

“I’ve heard that there are Mountain Scouts that protect the High Places. These are neither men, nor animals, but often are said to be both.”

Erasmus slowly got up on his feet. He seemed to react to Barsali’s words.

“But they are not the real danger, at least I don’t believe they are.”

Harman frowned, but said nothing.

“After the Cataclysm, many stopped coming to the mountain. They claimed that…there were creatures, tainted and dark ,that roam the hillsides. These might just be tales, but still, we must take great care.”

Barsali looked over to Esgeecee.

“Do not worry. We are sworn to protect you.” He smiled now at their guest of honor.

“Let’s make ready to depart.”

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Gami & Isaac
    Woodlin Camp, Maine

As she listened to the young girl speak, Momma Woodlin held back a wider smile form forming on her venerable face. Gami was indeed a sharp one, which confirmed that she’d made the right choice.

"Well, I was just kinda curious... why you asking us?" Gami began. "I mean, why not send someone that the guy would likely know better? Someone who's not new, like us?" Gami asked. She paused for a moment, and then continued. "Or are you expecting some sort of trouble, since you also sending a watcher with us as well? IS someone else trying to get the package as well?" Gami shrugged her shoulders.

Issac took the opportunity to chime in as well.

"I agree with Gami. It's unusual to have Kim sent with us for something such as this, wouldn't you say? If there is something going on, I would much prefer to know now, so I know what kind of path we walk on, otherwise, I have no problem doing this for you. It's simple enough."

Momma Woodlin chuckled and nodded in silent agreement.

“If life were simple enough, as you say, many things would different. There would be no need for that so-called ‘registration’, hmmm?”

That was not the focus of the meeting, so she simply dismissed it with a wave of a hand.

“To answer your questions, Gami. I chose you because I trust you both, that much is apparent, yes? Situations change over time, as do people. You are new and that is also an advantage.”

Momma Woodlin closed her eyes for a moment and took a breath before continuing. Whatever events she visualized behind her closed eyes remained with her.

“Trouble is an intricate part of the world we live in, my child. It can help us grow if we know how to face it properly. Isn’t that right, Isaac?”

The venerable woman offered a small smile and a nod with her subtle reference to recent events.

“Kim also has my confidence. She is there to protect you and the package. You are all important to me and this camp. Should there be ‘trouble’, you won’t face it alone.”

There was another brief pause.

“Our camps hold a tenuous peace, but some camps have agendas of their own. Loyalties and allegiances change like seasons…” Momma Woodlin did not elaborate further as she continued. “It’s O.K. to decline my request, there is nothing to regret, you are precious to me just the same.”

Her eyes regarded them both, filled with a long lived gentleness, wisdom and strength one rarely got to see in this fast paced world.

Tag: @Ktala, @Darth_Elu

Mary & Liz
    Triskelion HQ, New York

Getting settled in

Agent Chesterfield laughed politely at Agent Mary Formal’s commentary regarding her ‘posterior adventure’ and couldn’t help but turn slightly red as he did so.

“Well, then…*ahem*… yes, we shall visit your assigned habitat first.”

Arthur used formal parlance for the moment, just to make some distance away from any potential inappropriateness. After all, he was a liaison officer. It was his job to keep things pleasant, clear and informative. His charges were free to give ‘too-much-information’ if they so desired. He was instructed not to comment or engage in idle banter in regards to sketchy or sensitive topics.

“This way, if you please.”

Waiting outside the clinic, was an official transport. The four passenger sedan was a handsome vehicle, which sported the agency’s logo on its side. To be sure, it probably sported other ‘hidden’ surprises as well.

“After you.”

The trio rode in comfort through the main square of the gigantic complex. The ground level was a bustling area of activity with all manner of vehicles and agents buzzing all about, which was spectacular. What was even more impressive, was the level of clockwork organization and precision. S.H.I.E.L.D. was a global security force, nothing less would do.

It took Arthur less than 15 minutes to get them to their destination.

“There it is, the international district.” He announced. Ahead of them, a series of futuristic medium sized building clustered together. Even as they arrived, several valets emerged to assist them with their traveling effects.

Together, they entered to the building lobby, but had to stop at the security check point. “Alright, let’s see. Here are your keycards…” Arthur handed the girls two clear looking ‘credit card’ sized keys. “Press your right thumbs at the center to activate them.” He instructed easily enough, even as he swiped his own card.

He waited to see their reaction as their likenesses and names would appear on the electronic see-through keycards.

[Welcome Agent Chesterfield.] A pleasant female voice said in greeting.

“Thank you, Jocasta. Have you met Agents Formal and Merrick, yet?”

[Not officially. Welcome Agent Formal, Agent Merrick. Your designated living quarters is 8E-27.]

“That’s 8th Floor, East Wing, Unit 27.” Arthur whispered at them.

Within moments, after all security protocols were observed, the trio made it up the secure lift, and into the transplanted E-Branch agents apartment. Arthur insisted one of them officiated their access to their apartment. What better way to start their great adventure.

Once they door finally opened and the ladies were allowed in, they would find that their apartment was actually a duplex. Their living arrangements contained two floors, one for each agent. Who would get the top floor was entirely up to them.

Arthur went on to show them all the amenities. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two computer stations with office space, a full kitchen, and even floor length windows with an actual view of Triskelion Square.

“I think you’ll like it here.” Arthur found himself saying.

Tag: @Sith-I-5

Triskelion HQ, New York

Acting SHIELD Director, Maria Hill

Personal Office

No two days were ever the same. Some days had more surprises than others, but today seemed to be special, and not in the traditional way. Maria sat at her desk, working at a brisk pace. After the visit she received from an unexpected visitor, and the upcoming hearing, she did not dismay. On the contrary, her resolved doubled. Nick warned her there would be days like these…but Nick wasn’t here to see it.

Maria sat at her desk and arranged for a call to be made while simultaneously working on other projects, including the report for her hearing.

[Priority secure line established Madam Director]

“Thank you, Jocasta.”

There were three rings before someone answered, but nothing was said.

“…the last child of Ungoliant.” Maria said aloud.

“…to trouble the unhappy world.” a voice responded from the other end.

“Hello, Jessica.”

“Hello, Maria.”

“Can you meet?”

A brief pause.

“When?”

“Tonight. Same place, next door.”

“I’ll be there.”

The call was immediately disengaged as Maria sat back for all of five seconds with eyes closed, then resumed her frantic work.

Acting Deputy Director, Cameron Giles
    Remote Office

The man brooded as he looked as his screens. No one had to tell him that time was of the essence. Pieces were moving and plays were being made, he could almost see the pattern, or maybe he only imagined that he could. Still, his priorities regarding SHIELD and his office were clear.

Amid Cameron’s building of the much needed vanguard of heroes and the challenge of his recruitment efforts, he was also receiving updates of several events across the globe as well as locally.

An update on the situation in the Nevada desert was just coming through.

[The storm has attained Hurricane winds and has reached category 1. The area is on lockdown. GPS communications have confirmed a single civilian vehicle in the immediate area heading towards the storm’s center. The S.U.V is registered to one Dr. Jane Foster. Repeated warnings have been sent to Dr.Foster’s cellular phone. No answer has been received.]

That was bound to be problematic.

In addition another update popped up. This one in a familiar land, far away.

[ Reports regarding Man-Ape cultists have increased by 15% in Wakanda. There is concern for Prince Mukhtar’s safety in the absence of his father.]

An interesting development to say the least, something to keep an eye on, at least for the moment.

Tag: @ Darth_Elu

Niman Morris
    New Orleans, Louisiana

Ghost Fox smiled lightly as she took in the scene and breathed-in the local air. New Orleans had a unique charm, she had to admit. No one took note of her, all with her white hair, asian features and white get-up. To the onlooker, she was just another tourist come to have a taste of the city.

In some ways, they might be right.

Getting to New Orleans had not been difficult at all, given her resources. Now, the game was afoot.

“Now, Mr. Morris, where could you be, hmmm?” she cooed to no one in particular.

The phone he had used was no longer viable. That was to be expected. It was a good thing, a girl like her had other…options.

Gracefully, Ghost Fox took out a pocket mirror from her white Alexandre Vauthier couture clutch.

“No worries, Argus sees all. Who doesn’t love hide and seek?”

Her reflection upon the mirror vanished as the images on the surface began to change, with increasing speed.

Tag: @Twelve3Feven

Alastor Zingari
    Decommissioned SHIELD E.A. HQ, Kenya

There was no movement, no sign of life. The lights were out and so was all other piece of machinery on this level. Alastor’s helmet visual enhanced mode allowed him to see well enough in the darkness. Zingari was one of the world’s top ranked mercenaries, with good reason. It was a safe to say he was ready for any contingency.

The signal booster he used was still transmitting at 100% strength. The place seemed deserted, but, if there was anyone here, they had yet to make their presence known, or detect his own.

Not too far away, Alastor would be able to make out what looked like an open elevator shaft. There was no indication of power. The shaft was empty, which probably meant the car was all the way down. There was a meshwork partition near the elevator, woven in a honeycomb pattern. Next to it was a one piece enviro-suit hanging. A large bulbous hemet was sitting on an adjacent shelf.

It was hard to make out the color in low light enhancement mode, but the black circular logo emblazoned on the suit with the three letters were easy enough to read.

A.I.M.

Tag: @Kahn_Iceay

Ktala, Darth_Elu and Ameteth like this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC 28.57^3
    Transia, Mountain Path

Barsali turned completely around and took a single step into the cave. A motion of concern? SGC did not care, he waited patiently for the answers. The man answered, “Yes, the soldiers Harman encountered were dead. War and warring often leads to much loss.”

Barsali looked to Harman, who sat by the small fire and had finished his bowl of broth by now. The man was looking better cared for with the warmth of the fire and hot food. SGC wished he could say the same for his spirits. Still he was getting more answers from Barsali, “The ‘she’ I was referring to is nature. Gaea. It is said that rain represents her tears. These days the reference is made poetically.” Barsali allowed himself a momentary smile before straightening up again. “We cannot stay in the cave much longer. We should collect our things and begin to make our way up the mountain.”

Nodding at this SGC took in the news, perhaps these people were truly on the way to advancing and bypassing the stage that the Doom humanity group represented. If so he was glad to have fallen in with these people. Still he could not repress his own concern at fallen bodies of soldiers. Soldiers by nature had to be of a hardy sort, the fact that something had killed a small group of them, a small group that was likely the same number or more than the group they formed, was disconcerting.

Seeing Barsali go through the packages SGC moved forward. Time to load up once more his own things as well as those of Erasmus for the journey ahead. Still more to say Barsali had, “We will try to avoid as much trouble as we can…” he started saying. Barsali moved to a pack and crouched before it. He opened it an inspected a blade he produced after he’d unsheathed the weapon. “I’ve heard that there are Mountain Scouts that protect the High Places. These are neither men, nor animals, but often are said to be both.”

SGC stood stock still at this and looked down upon crouched man and weapon. His own thoughts drifted. Erasmus slowly got up on his feet. He seemed to react to Barsali’s words much as SGC was frozen by the mans actions.

“But they are not the real danger, at least I don’t believe they are.” Barsali continued, “After the Cataclysm, many stopped coming to the mountain. They claimed that…there were creatures, tainted and dark ,that roam the hillsides. These might just be tales, but still, we must take great care.” Barsali looked over to Esgeecee. “Do not worry. We are sworn to protect you. Let’s make ready to depart.”

SGC looked blankly at the man for a moment before glancing at the other two, then back. Clacking his mandibles once he decided. More words. "In the lab when it was my home I had no want of weapons nor had any, when Doom came I had want but could not have one. When I escaped in the blessed cataclysm I learned to hunt and live without one, to rely on my own abilities. If we continue and I have no weapon how will it look to these half beasts or those on the mountain? I will seem a prisoner again in the open as I was one in the lab by Doom. Give me something." he simply stated as he moved about grabbing his netted bundle of supplies that was his portion to carry.

greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  7. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Sanctum Sanctorum, NYC

One of the basic things a team needs is communication, the second thing a team needs is a modus operandi that all could agree on. Then there are other finer details like non-verbal codes and alternate locations to rendezvous, and so on.

Zephyr had given thought to all these things for many years, since it occupied his mind constantly.

Now, before him was perhaps the most basic element for a potentially good team; well meaning individuals with a common cause, it was a start, but there was no real handbook and no guarantees that things would start out smoothly.

He was hoping to call a meeting and get the conversation going about being a group, and putting ideas on the table, but this seemed like a good starting point as any.

“I can’t stay here any longer.” Blue’s words felt more like both an announcement and an explanation.

Zephyr understood that this statement wasn’t a criticism of his hospitality, but rather Blue’s drive as a hero propelling him to do what he needed to do.
    The bandana youth was after all an active crime fighter, and camping out waiting for something to happen didn’t seem to be his style.

Casey’s expression showed her distress, it was understandable that she didn’t want to be separated from Blue’s comforting presence, yet to deny him his calling was certainly detrimental to their evolving friendship.

"I'll come with you." She said finally after much thought.

"No, no," Blue nearly snapped, causing Casey to recoil, "You can't, what I do is dangerous, you'll get hurt, others will get hurt. You're still not in control of your powers."

"Is that how you see me?" Casey shot back at Blue, her feelings hurt no doubt by the broaching of her ‘weakness’ and her friend’s apparent lack of confidence.

This was a conversation that needed to happen, everyone needed to be transparent and on the same page about each other. Granted, this was not an ideal setting but at least the sentiments expressed would be completely honest and without dissemblace.

Zephyr continued to watch and listen to his new teammates’ exchange, gaining insight to their unique dynamic and gleaning any understanding possible from it. He also readied himself should he need to help keep things ‘conversational’.

"You're afraid, aren’t you?" The question cut through the foyer like a cold wind. It seemed to bounce off the walls and into the other two young men.

Zephyr had to think about his own answer to the question. Was he afraid of Casey? If he wasn’t able to use his abilities, if he was less skilled, would he be afraid of someone that could easily bring him harm? The answered would probably be yes, but Zephyr being a problem solving type would just see it as another challenge to overcome, not as a call to inaction.

The pain and anguish in her voice filled him with sympathy. It punctuated the suffering that she was living with, the stigma of being feared by the world at large.

"I'm sorry, I can't change my blood, that I was born this way."

Casey’s surge of valor was starting to ebb, her burst of ‘defiance’ settling down.

"I'm sorry for being such a burden on you."

This had to change, Casey was primed and ready to learn more about herself and her abilities, it couldn’t be any clearer. In his mind, Zephyr made a commitment to help Casey discover her potential, just as others had made a commitment to help him. This was also part of living as a hero.

After a moment, it was evident that a third voice was needed in the tense exchange. Both Casey and Blue were looking at their raven-haired host to chime in. It was time to put in those two cents and make them count.

Fixing them both with a pleasant look, his silver eyes shone as he moved closer and within close proximity of his friends and teammates.

“You know…you are both right. Blue, what you do is dangerous and the potential for getting hurt is ever present. And Casey is right for suggesting that WE should go with you…”

Zephyr continued to speak, not giving Blue an opportunity to protest at that moment.

“You see, you are the most experienced hero here and as such you are our guide into the world of crime fighting. Even though Casey has not declared that she has any desire to partake in any heroics, she is part of our group, and going out, seeing the world, and gaining experience would be good for her in many ways.”

With an encouraging smile and a wink to Casey, Zephyr would continue with great confidence and making sure to address any concerns that Blue may present.

“We need to work as a group, move as a group and learn as a group. We won’t get in your way; we can even be support if the opportunity presents itself. But we need to talk about it, and plan it. I’ll keep Casey safe, and we’ll play it smart, no unnecessary risks until we are ready. We also need codenames.” A smile displays briefly on Zephyr’s face as he mentions this.

“Furthermore…there is a back way entrance that I need to show you, but since we haven’t gotten to seriously talk about being a team…well, I guess now is that time.” his expression showing slight chagrin.

“And I have a few exercises lined up for Casey, it will hopefully help her identify the conditions that manifest her abilities or help her call them forth. There is much more to this, but we really need to seriously working as a unit, and going out together is the BEST setting to get us started.”

“Come on Blue, I know we can compromise here somewhere…”

Crossing his fingers behind his back Zephyr braces for whatever Blue may throw at him.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @galactic-vagabond422

8. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

"You know…" Zephyr started, eyes shining, moving closer to the pair, "you are both right. Blue, what you do is dangerous and the potential for getting hurt is ever present. And Casey is right for suggesting that WE should go with you…"

The young hero stepped a little forward ready to object, not to Zephyr accompanying him but, Casey. Zephyr had the heart and the power to be a hero. But, he also had the control to use them properly, something Casey lacked. Besides, Blue took up superheroing with a bit of boxing and a bandanna tied around his face. Zephyr seemed to have much more than just that, if the equipment in his gym was to be believed. Casey was an entirely different matter, she didn't have the restraint needed to be a hero, Blue knew all too well what can happen with you don't hold back.

But, possibly sensing his objections Zephyr continued, cutting off any retort, "You see, you are the most experienced hero here and as such you are our guide into the world of crime fighting. Even though Casey has not declared that she has any desire to partake in any heroics, she is part of our group, and going out, seeing the world, and gaining experience would be good for her in many ways."

With a wink and a smile to her Casey did her best to return the gesture. Though part of her didn't share his confidence, it felt nice to have someone the truly believed in her. Not that she thought Blue didn't but, he seemed overly cautious, not ready to let her out into the world yet. It seemed though that Zephyr believed differently.

"We need to work as a group, move as a group and learn as a group." Casey felt herself moving closer to her host, her friend. Though they didn't plan it, there were a group, a unit. If there was one thing her father taught her it was that people are stronger together, not alone. "We won’t get in your way; we can even be support if the opportunity presents itself. But we need to talk about it, and plan it. I’ll keep Casey safe, and we’ll play it smart, no unnecessary risks until we are ready." Blue lowered his head, thinking. Having Zephyr watch over Casey was sort of his plan but, he didn't plan on it being out there, where things could get…dangerous. Sure the man had abilities, powerful ones at that but, were they strong enough to stop Casey if she lost control. "We also need codenames."

Blue caught the start of a smile on Zephyr's lips, he was ready snap back that this was not a game.

“Furthermore…" the continuing soliloquy killed the hero's words before he could speak them, "there is a back way entrance that I need to show you, but since we haven’t gotten to seriously talk about being a team…well, I guess now is that time." Blue clenched his fist, his heart beat against his ribcage, it didn't want to discuss this in some sort of family meeting, it wanted to be out there, protecting people.

Casey could see the determination in Blue's eyes, he was tired of waiting, weary from controlling everything inside him, balancing his commitment to being a hero and his promise to her. She could see which way he was leaning, it was in the slight wrinkles around his eyes, the slight back step he took, he was ready to leave, no more discussion. She looked away, she didn't want to see him go but, she couldn't really stop him, no matter how much she wanted to. Her chest ached at the thought of him leaving, abandoning her. She didn't want to go through that but, she'd been too greedy, her needy heart had taken enough of his strength but, was she ready to let go?

"And I have a few exercises lined up for Casey, it will hopefully help her identify the conditions that manifest her abilities or help her call them forth." Her eyes snapped up to her dark hair companion, what did he mean? Was he actually considering turning her into that monster…here? She recoiled a little at the thought but, if she never tried, how could she ever master her powers. "There is much more to this, but we really need to seriously working as a unit, and going out together is the BEST setting to get us started."

Blue remained quiet thinking, wrestling more like, trying to settle his heart to think logically about this. His snap reaction was to keep Casey there, someplace safe, away from the danger and stress of the outside world that was becoming more dangerous by the day. However he was still thinking as if he was still one man fighting his crusade alone. He wasn't anymore he'd found a kindred spirit in Zephyr but, he was still so new and eager, could he hang back and keep an eye on Casey when everything went down, and what about him. Blue had survived his first few outings solely due to his healing factor, not any fighting prowess or tactical acumen. He didn't know if his recently met partner had that luxury.

"Come on Blue, I know we can compromise here somewhere…"

The words hung there, Blue still looking at the ground, Casey looking between the two men. Though she feared the outside, she could brave it, with Blue with her, and Zephyr. She gave a little smile his way, silently thanking him for sticking up for her, for trying to find a middle ground. She hadn't asked to be a hero, she frankly didn't want to be one, she'd never felt drawn to those types, preferring to remain in the background, unnoticed but, if it meant finding out more about her powers, and staying close to those that supported her, she'd do it. She brought her head up with a new determination, she could do this, with Blue and Zephyr, she could do anything, maybe. It was certainly better than being without either of them.

The young hero let out a breath, after a long silence. He was still uncomfortable with the situation, mostly Casey's involvement; he really had no ground to stand on when it came to Zephyr's want to join him in his struggle. He also couldn't leave her alone in the house, someone needed to keep an eye on her. Her power was dangerous, as he thought about it his hand moved to his left side, towards the rib she'd broken days ago, with a single punch. He shuttered to think what that could do to someone else, to Zephyr even.

He was caught, trapped between the dual promises to the city and a girl just coming into her powers. He let out another breath, if he was ever going to agree to this, he needed to know a few thing about the man he was trusting to watch his back, and trusting to watch over Casey.

He set his brown eyes on Zephyr, looking directly into the other man's steely blue orbs.

"Zephyr," he started, voice low, sending a chill up Casey's spine, "Have you found your limits yet, do you know just how much punishment you can take." He took a step closer, not trying to intimidate, just closing the distance between them, "And not just physical but, emotional and mental because out there," he pointed an index finger sharply at the door, the barrier that kept them safe from the rest of the world that revered and reviled people like them, "there is no reset button, there is no changing the difficulty, this is not a game." He wanted to continue that they were playing with fire bringing Casey along but, he held back from saying that.

"I'm not saying this to scare you, I'm saying it to prepare you. You will get hurt, you will be pushed to your breaking point, and how you handle that will decide if you continue. But, let me make one thing clear to you before you take on the duty you volunteered for, Casey," he paused looking over to the girl in question, her eyes looking away, "Has far more power than we even know, if anything happens, it will get ugly," he shook his head a little, "I'm not saying this to hurt her, it's not her fault, she's just learning her powers, she doesn't have the same control as you. She could…" he gave a worried glance over to Casey, her eyes on the edge of tears, he'd crossed the line, again.

"Go ahead," she snapped, "Go ahead Blue say it…" her voice was rising as a tear fell from her eye, "Say it…say I could kill someone, I could kill Zephyr." The weigh in her words could shatter a person's heart, "You think I don't know that, I know that I'm a danger but, if I do nothing, I'll never learn to control. I'll never be able to be normal again, at least Zephyr's offering some sort of plan."

"Casey please," his attention turned to her, eyes will with pain, "I'm just trying to look out for you, trying to keep you safe, do what's best."

"And so is Zephyr, he's trying to help too." She paused taking a few breaths, "And who made you my guardian, I can make my own choices."

"It's too soon, you're not ready."

"I'll never be ready if we just keep waiting," Her words silenced him, they had days to start, and they never did it was his fault as much as anyone's, he looked away ashamed, "Blue, I just want to try, I just want to stay…stay near you. You… you both are," she gave a nod to their companion, "important to me, the people I lean on when I need to, and right now I need both of you." Her hands reached out grasping Blue's hand and Zephyr's. "Blue," she continued looking to the hero, "I need your strength, to get me though, to prop me up, and Zephyr," her gaze fell on the other man, "I need your kindness, to keep me warm in a cold world, to help me see light, when all I see is darkness." Her grip tightened on both of their hands, "So please, help me, I can't be alone."

Blue looked between his two acquaintances, he was moved by Casey's words, his heart was now pained, it hurt for her now. She was pleading for help, would he turn his back if it was anyone else asking, would he deny them. He could see, she wasn't ready to let him go but, he couldn't give himself solely to her.

Maybe the compromise could work, or it could doom them all but, he wouldn't know until he took that first step.

"Ok, we'll do this," he said giving Casey's hand a squeeze, drawing a smile from the girl, "on one condition," the grin dimmed, "The moment things start to go wrong, we stop."

Casey nodded her head, eager to stay close to her friends. Part of her mind started thinking about what code name she'd use. Blue was quiet, looking at Zephyr, waiting for his reply.

Darth_Elu, Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  9. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alastor Zingari
    SHIELD EAHQ, Defunct

--- --- ---
    'Advanced Idea Mechanics... why does it always have to be Advanced Idea Mechanics?' - Unpublished Memoirs, Josephine Acken, Co-CEO of DeMolay Security Corporation/DEM Corps
    --- --- ---

Is that what I think that is?” O’neill asked over comms what everyone who could see Alastor’s AV feed was thinking, even Alastor himself. Holstering his side arm Alastor reached out and picked up the helmet, turning it over he pulled a cable out of his OpSat and linked it to a dataport inside the helmet, he knew where it was, he was familiar with the tech.

A sub-screen appeared on his HUD and the view of the others, black, with a spinning yellow bullseye logo for a few moments before the words ‘Advanced Idea Mechanics, OS Ver. 3.62.04 Rev.b’ appeared on the screen and then faded to a sub-directory. There was no data, not directly, but there was a communication sub-routine that automatically ran a picked up several frequencies on a secure channel. Picked up, but not cleared up, they were clearly coming from somewhere deeper inside. He took a quick moment to adjust his suit’s comm system to pinpoint any transceivers on those frequencies, so long as they were close. He didn’t want to give away his position after all.

Disconnecting the helmet he sat it back down and pulled a weapon from his back. One very modified TDI Vector. He pulled the magazine out and checked it, SAP-HE, Semi-Armor Piercing-High Explosive rounds, 25 round’s per magazine, he was carrying twenty magazines in his ARES kit. Reaching behind himself again he tapped at a port on his kit’s pack and a cylinder slid out, pulling it forward he carefully screwed it onto the barrel. A suppressor. He then checked the sights, EOTech Enhanced Weapon Sight with a 3.5x scope, and a target designating laser, just in case.

Folding the stock back into the unfolded position he shouldered the rifle, checked it’s stability and thumbed the safety to semi. “We’re changing the plan.” He walked over to the edge of the elevator and looked down, depressing a thumb switch on the grip of the carbine he activated a FLIR flashlight, enhancing his suits ability to see in the dark without producing any light visible to normal human eyes. “Prep stage 4, amass at the beach, full ECM gear, one per squad of six. Disperse. Move to entry points and breach, full stealth.”

Alastor pulled the slide on his carbine, chambering a round. “Captain Brismon.”

Yes Zingari?

“I want you to have the Albion and Dusty Trail load your main guns with high yield EM rounds with penetrators, and man your anti-air positions. I want you to only fire those guns if I give the signal, or if my signal gets cut.”

Reaching up to his chest he pulled his ascender out, clasped it to the cable of the elevator and began ridding down. “Follow standard OS for dealing with AIM. Shoot to kill, don’t ask questions, quarantine any surrenders. Do not take off your mask, do not turn off your EM shields, and if you see something that looks like a brain with legs and arms…” His feet hit the top of the elevator at the bottom and he kicked in the service hatch and jumped down. “Terminate it with extreme prejudice.”

Reaching out he slid open the elevator doors and stepped out into a darkened corridor. “We still owe Scientist Supreme a few more heads.”

Tag: greyjedi125

10. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Sanctum Sanctorum, NYC

Silence has a way of giving the impression that time has halted. In those moments when no rhythm is perceived, when the infinite seems to begin to reveal itself to the senses, nothing stirs and all remains unchanged in a never ending state of waiting.

That was the feeling as Blue seemed to give serious thought to Zephyr’s words, you could almost see the neurons firing furiously in his brain, surely an amazing display of activity if one decided to peek.

Casey also seemed frozen in time as they waited for Blue to speak his mind.

Blue certainly had his teammates' undivided attention.

After two deep breaths that seemed separated by years, the bandana hero looked directly into Zephyr’s silver blue eyes with a determination and seriousness that suggested he would brook nothing but the same from the raven haired youth.

"Zephyr," he started, voice low,"Have you found your limits yet, do you know just how much punishment you can take."

Blue stepped closer, as if to convey the gravity of the matter.

"And not just physical but, emotional and mental because out there,"

Blue pointed at the door and the world beyond it, but Zephyr kept his eyes on their would be guide, he knew that this was an important part of team building, were the senior member would declare their expectations and set rules or limitations. He felt that Blue was a man of good conscience and could have the makings of a good leader.

"there is no reset button, there is no changing the difficulty, this is not a game."

That was something that needed to be said, as openly and undisguised as possible. What they were proposing to do had a higher probability for fatal injuries than staying home were it was safe.

"I'm not saying this to scare you, I'm saying it to prepare you. You will get hurt, you will be pushed to your breaking point, and how you handle that will decide if you continue. But, let me make one thing clear to you before you take on the duty you volunteered for, Casey,"

Zephyr’s eyes squinted slightly; he suspected that Blue had experienced some of Casey’s power and kept it in confidence, the question was, how much would Blue reveal now.

The brief pause and look exchanged between Blue and Casey spoke volumes, her looking away was like an admission of…what exactly?

"Has far more power than we even know, if anything happens, it will get ugly…I'm not saying this to hurt her, it's not her fault, she's just learning her powers, she doesn't have the same control as you. She could…"

"Go ahead," Casey snapped, "Go ahead Blue say it…" her voice was rising as a tear fell from her eye, "Say it…say I could kill someone, I could kill Zephyr."

Zephyr closed his eyes briefly, he knew all too well the pain of having to live under the label of 'volatile and dangerous', of needing quarantine and isolation, all because of a lack of control or familiarity with something that was quite ‘natural’, extraordinary and unbelievable at times, but still very much ‘natural’, at least for said meta-human.

He really wanted to change this aspect of Casey’s life, where she didn’t need to be apologetic for her abilities, were she could be a true asset to a team if she chose to be in one, or where it would make a significant beneficial difference in her life.

This was completely achievable, for there was no better example of this than himself. It was time to share at least that much.

Casey had a way of pushing back that was admirable and inspiring, this was one of the traits that Zephyr knew would lead her to success.

Even in the face of Blue’s well-meaning caution, Casey argued her own case with a clarity and eloquence that bespoke of her inner nobility. She knew her weakness and did not have any issues asking for help or accepting it. The girl showed a bravery that eluded a lot of individuals that wielded much power.

Casey had managed to bring them together physically for the first time, in a way born out of a sameness of heart. It was different from when they lead each other out of the park, being driven by survival. This was a conscious agreement to work together.

"So please, help me, I can't be alone."

What kind of heroes would we be if we refused to even try to help someone who openly asked to be helped.” Zephyr thought to himself critically. It was in the trying that a lot of solutions were born.

Eons ago, Thomas Edison tried quite a few times to create the first light bulb. Even further back in history, the Wright brothers tried to create a contraption that would bear man across the skies and see the clouds up close, ending the envy of all things winged, now we have Helicarriers. So too it will be with Casey, she will decide how to wield her magnificent abilities or if at all, but she will do so with full knowledge of them.

Zephyr smiled and gave Casey an approving nod.

"Ok, we'll do this," Blue declared finally, "on one condition..."

"The moment things start to go wrong, we stop."

“Agreed!” said Zephyr with a sigh of relief. A small part of him was dancing with joy inside, for this was the first of many hurdles to come.

“And thank you for doing this Blue, seriously.”

Zephyr’s expression remained calm and thoughtful; he had a few things on his mind too.

“I realize that we are basically putting our lives in each others hands. That we are putting ourselves in potentially dangerous situations and that we need to be cognizant of the situation, prepared and not too proud to retreat when necessary.”

“And we need this training, these outings, that’s the only way that we are going to grow. I’ve been thinking about this constantly and, I have come up with a few ways of preventing anything from getting out of hand. Falling back and putting some distance from things we can’t handle is a good default maneuver. Remember we went the other way when we sawthat patrolling Sentinel? I think that tactic worked wonders there.”

The memory of the escape made him chuckle a bit and perk up a little.

“Oh yea, and don’t misconstrue my sunny disposition for that of a hasty and silly kid. I am inexperienced and I intend to have a long and fruitful career of helping others, I’m not about to jeopardize that with a head full of cotton candy and rainbows, meaning, I know that this is not a game. I acknowledge the dark side of it, but at the same time I cannot let it dictate my disposition, not with my powers.”

“Oh, but before I forget…”

Our young hero gestures with his right hand, palm opening as if about to receive something (like payment), knowing how odd it must look to his teammates, he smiles with a knowing look. In less than a heart beat, a neatly folded set of clothes flies from his office and lands firmly on his hand.

“Casey, I took the liberty of fashioning these for you, it’s only for now, but we can change anything you want…”

As he speaks, Zephyr deftly unfolds and displays a top and bottom outfit of dark grey coloring. Made of comfortable tracksuit material (polyblend) with a matt finish to prevent light reflection. The top was hooded for extra concealment and a facemask was included (akin to Iron Fist’s).

“It should fit firmly and loosely enough.” He added with a sheepish grin.

Refolding the garments with practiced ease and handing them over to Casey for her approval, the silver eyes would again regard his new friends with interest.

“So Blue already has a code name, since he’s a professional and stuff…” this is said in good humor and much respect.

“But while we are out there, you can call me PSION…”

Zephyr almost started to blush, saying his hero name out loud for the first time, to other people, felt a little strange.

“ So I guess we just need for you to come up with a code name Casey. Out there, who will you be?”

He couldn’t help the smile that played on his face, it was a necessary part of his character, something that Blue would one day come to understand.

TAG: @greyjedi125,@galactic-vagabond422

11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

"Agreed!" Zephyr replied with his trademark enthusiasm. Blue let out a breath taking a step back. "And thank you for doing this Blue, seriously." The hero nodded his head, he still had his reservations but, Casey's determination and pain told him there was no going back. He took a relaxed stance crossing his arms as their host continued, recognizing that what they were doing was dangerous, that was good. What was also good was his admittance that retreat was always an option. What got Blue's attention was the fact he'd been thinking about this for a while, what did he mean?

How long had this man been thinking about becoming a hero? Was it something he wanted from childhood, growing up in a world full of heroes can have that effect on someone. Or was it something that came about with his powers. Another thing that was common, a good heart given powers will want to use them to do good, it was and equation even Blue could understand.

This all led up to the fact that despite all this time spent together he didn't really know too much about him other than he grew up in isolation, learning to control his powers. He had parents but, Blue and Casey knew nothing about them, why would they send him so far away keep him away from others. Did they know about his powers, where they protecting him? Was his want to be a hero his way of finally 'spreading is wings'? Finally breaking out of the isolation he'd been put in for so long? He also mentions that he can't let events dictate his disposition.

Not attending school since he was sixteen had left Blue with a woefully small vocabulary but, he thinks Zephyr means he can't lose control of his emotions. Were his powers linked to them, like Casey's? That was why he was always so cheerful, what happens if he isn't, what happens when he feels sad or angry. Blue continued to ponder these thoughts, trying to figure out the burgeoning hero.

Casey turned her head a little seeing Zephyr hold out his hand like he was expecting something. Out of nowhere, a grey square flew into his waiting palm, causing the girl to jump.

"Casey," He started, "I took the liberty of fashioning these for you, it’s only for now, but we can change anything you want…" Casey's face wore a look of confusion, fashioning what?

As he unfolded the square it became apparent what it was, clothing, looked sort of like what athletes wore. She reached out a hand and felt the dark grey fabric, it seemed comfortable enough. Was this for her? She looks at the hood, it appeared to go over the head with two slits for the eyes. Wait, was this her superhero costume?

"It should fit firmly and loosely enough." He said

All her thoughts stopped, when did he have time to do all this, and how did he get her measurements. All of a sudden she felt a little self-conscious, making herself smaller. He refolded the garments handing them to her. She still didn't know quite what to do with them, other than just hold them awkwardly. Was she really going to do this, put on tights and a mask and do acts of daring do? She looked to Blue her jaw agape with shock, and confusion.

All he could do was shrug his shoulders, he had no more idea than her as to what was going on.

"So Blue already has a code name, since he’s a professional and stuff…" Both men share a little chuckle over the term 'Professional', like being a hero was a career, or some 9 to 5 job to which one wears a suit and tie. "But while we are out there, you can call me PSION…"

He blushed slightly saying it, but the way he said it was with an odd conviction, it obviously meant something to him. Whatever it did mean the name most certainly sounded cool, and far more highfalutin Blueline.

Casey was still trying to process all that was going on that she didn't notice Zephyr asking what she would like as a codename. Blue nudged her with his elbow tying to jog her. She shook her head a little trying to clear her mind a little.

"Hmm…" she said looking up.

"Do you have an idea what you'd like to be called when you're being a hero?" Blue reminded her.

"Uh…can't I just be Casey?" She asked, voice cracking just a little.

Blue gave a look to Zephyr, then back to her. "It's safer to use a code name, puts distance between your heroics and your normal life. Makes it harder for your enemies to find you."

"Just because I give my first name doesn't mean other people will find out who I am. There are plenty of people that share my first name."

"It's not just about not using your real name, it's about creating an alter ego, about representing something more than just a person in a mask. An ideal, a purpose." He looks away, "My name comes from the term 'Thin Blue Line' the blue line representing police but, here are times that the police can't respond fast enough or just won't. When that happens I become that line, the one that separates right and wrong, that protects the innocent, and punishes the guilty." He was spouting more of Zeke's philosophy, and reasoning but, it still fit, still worked for him. "So you see it's about becoming something more than just a person in a costume. It's central to being a hero."

Casey was silent trying to take it all in, names having power, protecting her own identity, and the whole concept of being a hero. She never set out to be one but, now it looked like she would.

"Excuse me." She hurried off to her room grey clothes still in her hands. She laid them out on the bed and looked them over. Did she really have to wear them, Blue got by on a hoodie and a bandanna, couldn't she do the same? Looking it over it was obvious that Zephyr and put effort into it, the face concealment, the fabric, the way it was cut. He put thought into it, she would feel horrible if she were to reject it out right.

It wouldn't hurt to try it on would it?

The thought ran rampant thought her mind, it would be mean not to at least put it one at least once. She eventually relented and changed into the dark grey outfit. It was surprisingly comfortable, and just her size. When she pulled the hood up she found it had a space for her ponytail to slip though, he really did think of everything. She stepped into the bathroom, she did look like a different person, but was it enough, enough to create the other person, the alter ego, as Blue described. She felt like she needed more, something to make this her own.

She walked back out, and found one of Blue's extra bandannas. Tying it around her head, covering her mouth, she looked again. It was an improvement but, still didn't feel right, still didn't feel like her. Going back to her room she dug around in her bag looking for something else, something that would complete this. The she found it, her scarf, the dark blue and green plaid scarf her father gave to her. She flattened it out and tied it around her waist like a broad belt, the knot on her left hip, the extra length hung down to her thigh. Standing in front of the mirror again she felt different, sure it was a mishmash of different things, and probably looked dis joined all together, but each piece was something different.

The grey shirt and pants, a symbol of Zephyr's kindness, the bandanna, Blue's strength, and the scarf her father's will which lived in her.

As to her name she gave it much though as she was putting this together. What should she call herself. It should mean something, something important but, also represent her, who she was, what she was. She rubbed her father's dog tags, somewhat visible under the grey shirt, the shield of her heart, the small piece of armor that protected her fragile spirit, her Aegis.

Wait, that's it, the shield that Athena carried into battle, or the armor she wore, made of gold, with the head of a gorgon on its face. A terrifying monster used to protect, it suited her or at least how she felt. Well she'd need one more thing, she grabbed her orange hoodie and put it on over the rest, it might not have been gold but it was the closest thing she had.

She returned to the others face fully covered, hoodie left open showing the green and blue plaid scarf around her waist.

"So…" she started, nervousness rising in her chest, "What do you think?"

Blue smiled, it was colorful and interesting, something he hadn't seen before. "It's fine, you look good."

She looked away blushing a little, not that anyone could see.

"Did you come up with a codename yet?" he asked still smiling under his bandanna.

"Aegis,"

12. Twelve3Feven

Twelve3Feven Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2016
    Niman Morris
    -New Orleans, LA

This was not a good way to contact Niman. He went on the defensive. But unlike an action movie where the villain, when threatened, went on some ill-advised rampage to clear a path to freedom, Niman did not need to clear a path to freedom. He always felt that while he may be in danger, he was never in mortal danger. Like most things in life, he just had to prepare. It was obvious that this interested party wanted to meet with him and that in and of itself was nothing to panic about.

It had taken all of 20 minutes for Niman to clear out of his room. The train station was about 5 miles away, so walking was the mode of transportation today. The people looking for him would be finding him soon as Niman was making no attempt to hide, but once he got to the train station, he would be gone. However, a man had to eat and there was only one place in the US he could get the world's best cajun steak and rice. Why would he let some anonymous organization ruin his appetite.

"How many will be dining this afternoon?" The host asked.

Niman's grin illuminated his face and he squinted from behind his aviators. "Let's go with 2...Hell maybe even 3, you never know who the woman above may bring into your life."

Tag: Greyjedi

13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    SGC 28.57^3
    Transia, Mountain Path

“In the lab when it was my home I had no want of weapons nor had any, when Doom came I had want but could not have one. When I escaped in the blessed cataclysm I learned to hunt and live without one, to rely on my own abilities. If we continue and I have no weapon how will it look to these half beasts or those on the mountain? I will seem a prisoner again in the open as I was one in the lab by Doom. Give me something."

Barsali kept his expression neutral as he looked steadily into the countenance of his charge, trying his best to read something he could interpret. SGC made his statement plain, then moved about grabbing his netted bundle of supplies that was his portion to carry.

“Esgeecee….” Barsali started, as he too began to pack things. Harman followed suit. Erasmus did what he could.

“Carrying a weapon will denote you as a possible aggressor, an enemy combatant. Are you sure you wish to take on that role? Are you willing to harm another living being- can you live harming another, or possibly taking a life?”

There was silence inside the cave, only the sounds of shuffling and packing reigned for a moment.

Barsali couldn’t say if he was surprised or not by the Noble Evo’s request. Given SGC’s tale, he could understand his willingness to defend himself. But Barsali was trained in combat and the use of a blade and so was Harman. They had a code. SGC had neither training nor experience in combat situations. Barsali was not sure it was a good idea to give his charge a weapon, he honestly did not feel confident in doing so, yet still, he was not entirely willing to deny him the chance to defend himself either.

Releasing a long sigh, the ranger seemed to make up his mind.

“I am willing to lend you a blade, I do have a spare one. But you must promise to only use it at a critical moment, and only if you have no other choice. You’ll need to be quick and surprise your opponent, or your weapon could be used against you. Violence begets violence, SGC, dealing with Doom exemplifies that principle.”

Barsali looked towards Harman, who nodded firmly, indicating that he was ready. The small fire was already put out.

“We’ll do our best to avoid any patrols and the like…”

With a graceful motion, Barsali produced a blade still inside its leather sheathe and offered it to SGC.

“Take it, if you feel ready to live with the responsibility.”

Barsali offered a slow reassuring nod.

Both Harman and Erasmus moved to the front of the cave by now and were ready for the next phase of their journey.

“How are you holding up old man?” Harman asked the blind man in a low tone, concern clear in his voice.

“Oh, I’m fine.” Erasmus reassured. “I’m stronger than I look. Could probably take down an Ox with my bare hands.”

Harman looked to the old man who was smiling back at him, then began to chuckle.

Yes, it would seem the trio was definitely ready to proceed along their journey.

“SGC…is that you?”

The voice was a familiar one. He had not heard it in a long time, and no one else seemed to have heard or react to it. Though faint, it felt close. But what did it mean?

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Bluline, Casey & Zephyr
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

The moment was a hallmark in the inception of the small and developing group. A great step had been taken, one that would define their immediate future. Progress, as they say, is always good.

Casey was still in her ‘Aegis’ costume when the door bell rang. Probably to everyone’s surprise.

“Are you guys home!?” a voice called out.

“I brought lunch!”

It was Zack.

The security monitor would show him at the front door, with two pizza boxes held on one hand, while he waved to the camera with the other and smiled. In the background, a taxi was departing and merging back into traffic.

Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422

Alastor Zingari
    SHIELD EA HQ, Kenya

The first thing Alastor would notice, to no surprise, was that the sub level was in use. Lights were on, though only dimly, the hum of power and machinery was like lulling background music, and the temperature was very cool.

The area right outside of the elevator was a security check point. The semi circular desk greeting him was empty, though several monitors were on, but in sleep mode. There was a security camera right above the elevator doors as well as the desk facing him. To his right, a rack with more unused A.I.M suits and helmets regarded him silently. To his left, metallic containers were stacked one atop the other, emblazoned with the A.I.M. logo and barcodes across the surface.

Just beyond the security desk, double glass doors were sealed. A biometric reader blinked to the right of the doors. There was also a floor mat, quite likely a pressure pad, that lay at the foot of the glass entrance. Lights blinked beyond those doors, but not much was distinguishable from his present vantage point. A few moving shadows were visible too, but their sources were out of sight.

Alastor was indeed ‘in’, but he was in for what, exactly?

Tag: @Kahn_Iceay

Niman Morris
    New Orleans, Louisiana

She drove down the many streets of the charming city in her rented luxury car. Today she felt like a white Jaguar XJR. Nothing too fancy. Ghost Fox continued her chase, feeling amused. Her pocket tracker showed the target leave his hotel and enter the subway. Trying to give Argus the slip was a futile endeavor, but it was still fun to watch people try, but Niman was making no real attempts to conceal his movements.

Entering the metro was no longer a viable option to escape detection, unless it was standard eye contact. Global connectivity had ushered a new revolutionary age for those who knew how to ‘operate’ the system.

“Oh, that looks interesting.” Ghost Fox commented aloud as she passed an art exhibit near Bourbon Street. Within seconds, she was on the V.I.P list.

“How many will be dining this afternoon?”

“Let’s go with 2…hell, maybe even 3, you never know who the woman above may be bringing into your life.”

The Maître D sat Mr. Morris at a good table for 3. His waiter wasted no time to offer appetizers, drinks and the like while he waited for his party to arrive.

The white jaguar gracefully made it’s way to the entrance of Morton’s. The upscale stake house was legendary for its cuisine. Like something out of a dream, the white haired beauty exited her vehicle and surprised the valet with her words.

“It self parks.” She whispered.

Ghost Fox seemed to glide as she moved on, not bothering to look back at the valet’s surprised expression at seeing the car literally ‘park itself’. With no hurry in her step, the beauteous asian female entered the establishment and engaged the host in conversation.

A moment later, Niman would take notice of a shapely asian woman dressed in white walking his way, clearly approaching his table. Her smile was knowing and inviting. Someone with his skills and credentials would have to try hard not to notice her.

“Is this seat taken…Mr. Morris?”

The white haired woman asked, her tone almost teasing.

Tag: @Twelve3Feven

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC 28.57^3
    Transia, Mountain Path

Barsali kept his expression neutral as he looked steadily into the countenance of his charge, staring contests like this seemed common in humans when they were deep in thought. SGC had been plain in his reasoning, then had moved about grabbing his netted bundle of supplies that was his portion to carry. He did not want to slow them down simply because he was making a request, even if this whole mission was at his request in some ways.

“Esgeecee….” Barsali started, as he too began to pack things. Harman followed suit. Erasmus did what he could. “Carrying a weapon will denote you as a possible aggressor, an enemy combatant. Are you sure you wish to take on that role? Are you wiling to harm another living being- can you live harming another, or possibly taking a life?”

There was silence inside the cave, only the sounds of shuffling and packing reigned for a moment. That was something SGC had not thought of deeply he was sad to say. Although in some ways he felt he had, he already had harmed fish, bird, and small mammals so that he would have food to eat in the winter when good greens or canned goods were so hard to find. Did this not constitute harming another? And was it not out of necessity to survive and surely the use of any weapon would be?

Releasing a long sigh, the ranger seemed to make up his mind. “I am willing to lend you a blade, I do have a spare one. But you must promise to only use it at a critical moment, and only if you have no other choice. You’ll need to be quick and surprise your opponent, or your weapon could be used against you. Violence begets violence, SGC, dealing with Doom exemplifies that principle.”

Barsali looked towards Harman, who nodded firmly, indicating that he was ready. The small fire was already put out.

“We’ll do our best to avoid any patrols and the like…” With a graceful motion, Barsali produced a blade still inside its leather sheathe and offered it to SGC. “Take it, if you feel ready to live with the responsibility.”

Barsali offered a slow reassuring nod.

Reaching forward SGC took the blade after he finished securing his netted portion to carry. He snugged it under the straps across his thorax and nodded his thanks. "In all of creation some eat, kill, or harm others to survive. Thank you for letting me at least try not to be solely a noble victim." Bowing his head he placed a hand on his heart before they left, trying to convey his deep gratitude. Truly his mouth was dry, but at the same time as his fingers brushed where the weapon rested, it was a good nervous. A knowing that there was something else he could do. Something besides run from soldiers and Doom. Some last option.

Both Harman and Erasmus moved to the front of the cave by now and were ready for the next phase of their journey.

“How are you holding up old man?” Harman asked the blind man in a low tone, concern clear in his voice.

“Oh, I’m fine.” Erasmus reassured. “I’m stronger than I look. Could probably take down an Ox with my bare hands.” SGC doubted that statement due to his friends comments of pain from the rain. And then he wondered what an 'Ox' was. Always so much to learn, shaking his head he followed them all out of the cave.

Harman looked to the old man who was smiling back at him, then began to chuckle. At least they were both happy, and in this SGC felt a warmth that never came from any fire. Yes, it would seem the trio was definitely ready to proceed along their journey.

“SGC…is that you?”

The voice was a familiar one. He had not heard it in a long time, and no one else seemed to have heard or react to it. Though faint, it felt close. But what did it mean?

He gasped, paused, looking about in all directions as he tried to place that voice. Who was it? Only one way to find out as his peering revealed no one, and no one else seemed to react. "Yes, it is I. 28.57 ^ 3." He simply stated as matter factually as loud as the voice seemed to be to him for how close it seemed. "Who are you? I know you." he simply called back in question and statement. Who was it? Who had survived? Who had done as he was doing and coming to this mountain? Who? He knew...who.

Darth_Elu, greyjedi125 and Ameteth like this.
  15. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alastor Zingari
    SHIELD EAHQ, Decommissioned, Kenya

Alastor took a moment to take in the situation, it seemed, just a tad too familiar to how he’d found himself entering into the Xavier’s institute. Taking a deep breath, he focused and felt a moment of disorientation as he was suddenly in three places at once. From his pack two tri-rotor mini-UAVs folded out and quickly shimmered out of sight.

One drone move out into the security checkpoint and took up a central position over the desk. Slowly it began rotating, a high focus IR laser scanning the contents of the room and transmitting it back to the Albion. The second drone made its way down towards the underside of the desk, a USB equipped arm folding out as it sought out a connection port.

Goal one, access the security system and open up the security doors, goal two, if possible turn the security system off and subvert it to their needs. One his HUD he was watching various blue dots as the other teams were moving into position. AIM and DEM had something of a history, to DEM, it’d been simply business, running into the group on occasion but never did they consider the organization anything other than an occasional obstacle during a mission.

That was until an operation in the Congo.

DEM received a contract to take out a political dissident group that was organizing a major military coup with the intent of violently overthrowing the government, normally DEM would avoid contracts but the coup would have cost countless innocent lives and destabilize the region while putting their own Congo assets used to protect several large areas of preservation lands.

In the end, the contract was a trap. The Dissident group was led by a former general who had skipped out on paying AIM for weapons that he would be using in the coup, and AIM themselves were trying to set up DEM for an ambush. After taking out the General and his leadership, collapsing the coup before it could begin DEM retreated to a warehouse that was being used as a front for humanitarian supplies.

During the night, several squads of AIM Commandos, specialized Scientist-Soldiers that were as lethal as they were intelligent, attacked. The firefight lasted no more than ten minutes, and DEM had won, as they’d set up several Boxguards for defense of the perimeter, but it was not a clean victory. Three fireteams, twelve souls, were lost to AIM’s attack.

Josie had orchestrated a counter attack, delivering a clear message, if AIM was ever in the way again, intentionally or otherwise, there would be no quarter given.

Moving forward he leapt over the obvious pressure pad and landed on the desk in a crouch. The ICEbreaker delivered and room scanned the two drones moved back behind him and folded back into his pack as he gripped the edge of the desk, muscles tensing as he was ready to move.

For a brief moment everything went dark, the monitors, the cameras, the dim lighting, then just as quickly they flipped back on. In the room beyond a light shifted green and the doors hissed open and Alastor shot forward through the opening clearing the floor of the checkpoint in a single bound. Bringing up his left side arm Alastor scanned the new room he was in, just in case his camo wouldn’t be enough. Now, it was time to go to work, and find a target rich environment.

16. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    SHIELD HQ, Triskelion, NY
    Quin-Jet Hangar 3

The craft stuck out like a sore thumb amidst the uniform Quin-Jets of SHIELD. While sleek in its own manner, where the Quin-jets looked like fighter jets this craft was more reminiscent of the old V-22 Osprey, it’s large propellers replaced with rotating thruster pods The logo of the UNACTO sat emblazoned on the sides.

Three large robots circled around, vaguely reminiscent of vultures, large side mounted VTOL thrusters swiveling about as they circled, scanners occasionally running over the Quin-jets nearby and scanning cargo crates. Every once in a while, a SHIELD agent would wonder close, and a drone would swoop down, sensors shifting red as it let out a shrill alarm. It was doubtfully the drones themselves that were keeping the agents away, but the large auto-cannons on the craft that would swerve in their direction as they approached.

Inside, what had once been a large troop compartment had been converted into a mobile office. William D. Hughes, special agent of the UNSC and operative of UNACTO sat behind his desk. A glass of whiskey sat half drunk on his desk and a cigarette smoldering in an ashtray. The lights were dimmed and a hologram of the UN logo circling a globe sat floating as a hologram above the center of his console.

Initial contact went as expected.” A faceless voice echoes from the hologram and Hughes nodded.

“Yes. Hill is, insecure, childish, and heavily reliant on the Vision as we expected.” He reached over and tapped his console, dozens of more holograms, images of Hill opened up and swirled around the office. They ranged from service photos, to images of a younger Hill in her time in the military, to surveillance images of her off duty, doing everything from shopping to laying on the beach reading a book. “The Art of War… how stereotypical.”

Your research seems to have been more thorough than necessary.”

“I need to know what I’m dealing with.” He waved away all the photos but one, a younger hill, clad in civilian clothing but clearly on a combat exercise, with a belt of spare ammo around her shoulder and a M-110 SASS draped across her lap as she cleaned it, doing something unthinkable now. Smiling. “Getting a concept for how she thinks outside that ridiculous outfit of hers is necessary for all this. Things will go smoother if we can coerce her into seeing things our way. Research showed the best way to do that is to get on her bad side then slowly make it seem like you’re being manipulated by her to play by her rules.”

“Do you really think that Psycological Warfare will work on her?”

“She’s already broken, the stress of this position has all but made her snap. I’ve already introduced myself as someone staunchly opposed to her way of things, now all I need to do is come into contact more, and slowly through conversation make it seem as though she’s changing my mind, that I am becoming more sympathetic to her. It won’t be too difficult since I have the C.A.S.I.E. installed.”

“What is your timeframe?”

“Three months. If I don’t have Hill on our side by then, we’ll be in a better position to remove her without so much trouble. For now, we’ll just have to deal with her, and keep an eye on that phantom of hers. The A.I. won’t be a problem, it’s decades obsolete by my standards”

“We can only hope the safeguards we have in place for Vision are effective.”

“Oh, they will be, after all, they’re so advanced they haven’t been invented yet.”

17. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Sanctum Sanctorum, NYC

Zephyr raised an eyebrow in mild surprise. Casey’s immediate response was not wholly unexpected, but he had never really met a person who was so far removed from the world of meta humans and superheroes as the young lady’s answer seemed to indicate.

"Do you have an idea what you'd like to be called when you're being a hero?" Blue repeated the question to a somewhat distracted Casey.

"Uh…can't I just be Casey?" She asked, voice cracking just a little.

Blue gave Zephyr a look, which he returned, wordlessly saying that this called for the most basic instruction.

"It's safer to use a code name, puts distance between your heroics and your normal life. Makes it harder for your enemies to find you."

Zephyr nodded in agreement, he was glad that Blue was explaining stuff, the bandana hero had the gift of easy language and the added advantage of having most of his face covered, which gave the illusion that he was always being straightforward; with nothing else to go by but his eyes and tone of voice, it was hard to read a full range of expressions so early in their time together.

"Just because I give my first name doesn't mean other people will find out who I am. There are plenty of people that share my first name." Casey retorted somewhat reasonably. But the issue wasn’t that simple. Bad guys were a relentless lot when it came to hounding anyone who opposed them.

"It's not just about not using your real name, it's about creating an alter ego, about representing something more than just a person in a mask. An ideal, a purpose."

Blue’s words were very heartening and his brief telling on the origin of his name was equally inspiring.

Zephyr had a flashback to the moment when he decided on his hero name, it was also personal and empowering, very much a goal that he would pursue tenaciously.

Casey was thoughtful for a few moments and appeared to take in the message of what Blue had just shared with the small group of would be heroes.

And quite suddenly the young lady excused herself and quickly disappeared to the upstairs level and into her room.

The guys found themselves alone for the moment, and Zephyr took the opportunity to make conversation while they waited to see what Casey was up to.

“You know Blue…” started the raven-haired meta, his silver-blue eyes always studying the hero behind the bandana.

“I can imagine that your outfit holds significant emotional value, it may very well be a personal piece of history. But I want you to know that I have an almost identical set, give or take a few alterations, ready for you.”

Looking Blue over as a tailor or designer regard a client, he added…
    “Or, I could mend what you have on if you prefer and we can make alterations on that, you know, almost like improving armor and creating a legacy for your combat outfit. What do you say?”

But that answer would have to wait, Casey had returned in ‘full regalia’.

Zephyr had detected her just a moment before she appeared at the top of the stairs. For a second she appeared to be framed by a new confidence, her costume making her unrecognizable, but cutting a striking figure. She wore the suit, which fit rather well, much better in person than in the ‘tailors’ mind, and she had added a few touches of her own.

Her face was fully covered; the hoodie was left open showing the green and blue plaid scarf around her waist.

"So…" she started, nervousness rising in her chest, "What do you think?"

"It's fine, you look good." Blue said approvingly

Casey turned away momentarily, her body language indicating that she was probably blushing.

Zephyr enjoyed these meaningful moments and he chuckled with glee before letting out a small whistle and smiled approvingly at her sight.

“I really like it, very nice” a hint of admiration clearly heard in his voice.

"Did you come up with a codename yet?" Blue asked.

All attention was now being focused on the young lady.
    "Aegis." She announced simply.

Zephyr’s eyebrows rose in pleasant surprise. What an excellent name.
    It was a name that Zephyr recognized from having read books on Greek Mythology; these tales of heroes and gods were a constant source of entertainment and inspiration in his younger days.

“That is quite an awesome name and it sounds really cool too…’Aegis’…” he repeated it with obvious wonderment, his mind going ahead to some nondescript future and visualizing something amazing.

It had a wonderful ring and brought to mind a heroic presence.

And just before another word could be spoken, the doorbell rang, catching everyone by surprise.

The pleasant chime was loud enough and almost musical, but at the moment it was jolting and even jarring.

“Are you guys home!?” a voice called out.

“I brought lunch!”

It was Zack.

The security camera showed Zephyr’s buddy holding two boxes of pizza with one hand and waving with the other.

Zephyr grimaced in self-admonishment; he had been too distracted to detect the approach of his friend.

Looking straight at Casey, he would motion and gently point to her room, mouthing the word ‘change’ and wearing a pleading expression at the end of that non-verbal exchange. He would take every caution to not make it feel like a command, but rather a request and best course of action.

Moving to the control panel he would position himself in readiness to admit his friend, but not before making sure that everyone was on the same page.

“ Gimme a second buddy…need to find a decent shirt…” his voice would carry his usual jovial tone through the intercom.

“Blue...” a serious look would accompany his words.
    “I know how important it is that you go out there and do your thing, maybe we’ll go with you next time…”

“At least stay long enough to say hello and maybe share one slice, then you can go stretch your legs and catch some air, cool?”

His finger hovering over the ‘Open Door” button, Zephyr patiently waits for Blue’s answer and Casey’s cooperation.

Time, again, seemed to stand still.

18. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

In the quiet moments while Casey disappeared upstairs Blue widened his stance crossing his arms. He was still a little uncomfortable with all that had transpired but, Zephyr's words and Casey's actions had done much to ease that tension. He sifted his shoulders uncomfortably. His skin crawled, he needed to get out there to do what he felt he was meant to do. However his feet were planted, restrained by the promise he made. Casey, Zephyr, and he were now a team, they worked together, he can't go off on his own anymore.

"You know Blue…" The dark haired man spoke up breaking Blue out of his thoughts. "I can imagine that your outfit holds significant emotional value, it may very well be a personal piece of history." He looked down at his hoodie, knife slashes, bullet holes, and blood stains. There was some history in the thing but, not as much as Zephyr might be thinking. It was his sixth, maybe seventh. Blue had lost count really, he'd wear one until it couldn't hold together anymore, then he'd find another one. It wasn't easy to find them sometimes, and especially not on a homeless hero's pay he didn't have a 'Second Job' so to speak to fund his heroics. He got by on things he found in the trash, cleaned up at a laundromat with quarters he found, or when he needed to, begged for. He wasn't too proud to beg, hunger was a big motivator for most, particularly for a guy that can rebuild his liver in a few moments, or heal from bullet wounds in seconds.

"But I want you to know that I have an almost identical set," His brow shot up, just how identical, Blue was a little taller, and a rather different body shape than Casey, "give or take a few alterations, ready for you." His brow lowered oh…of course, of course…Zephyr was a smart guy, he knew what he was doing. Blue looked away slightly embarrassed by his thoughts. "Or, I could mend what you have on if you prefer," The other man continued, "and we can make alterations on that, you know, almost like improving armor and creating a legacy for your combat outfit. What do you say?" Blue scratched the back of his head, mind swimming with questions, what did he mean by a legacy for his 'combat outfit', this was what Blue wore pretty much every day.

He looked it over again, what alterations would he make?

'If you could make clothing that repaired itself, that'd be nice.' He thought to himself. That would most certainly cut down on the number of strange looks he'd get walking around in a tattered, blood stained sweater. 'Might also want to make it stain proof as well.' His thought continued. He eyed Zephyr again, he might have an idea for such a thing, being rather smart and stuff, and his friend works at the Baxter Building, doing research, surly he'd have access to some next gen tech.

He let out another sigh, no, he didn't need that, he didn't want other people to spend their time and energy giving him something as simple as clothes. That energy would probably be better spent curing cancer or…

His thoughts stop…cancer… the disease that took his father. His mind flashed the scene, white hospital bed, doctors all around, heart monitor beeping softly in the background. His father was laying there, hair gone, face gaunt, and his body weak. He fought hard, so hard, he didn't want to leave his son alone. The loss of his mother was still so new, so raw, now he was losing his other parent. Tears stung at his eyes as the monitor starts gave a mournful tone. The white coated men and women rushed about, calling a cart. Arms wrapped around the young boy's waist, pulling him screaming away from the room. The last thing he saw was his father's face in pain.

Zephyr's eyes looked up at the stairs. Blue followed the motion, seeing a woman in grey and orange, with a distinctive blue bandanna over her mouth and nose. Seeing her there cleared his mind of the pain of the past, it's behind him now, his future stands in front of him and, at his side. In a way this had become his family. Though he'd never say it, nor did he consciously feel it but, deep inside something drove him to protect these individuals, more than the normal citizens he put his life on the line for every day.

Casey descended, eyes looking away. Even though he couldn't see her face, he knew she was nervous and he did his best to make her feel less so. Zephyr joined in complementing her on her appearance. This only seemed to make her look harder into the floor.

When she revealed her codename, Aegis, Zephyr had a moment of recognition, Blue not so much.

"That is quite an awesome name and it sounds really cool too…’Aegis’…" Blue said it along with the sliver eyed man, he had to admit it was pretty cool. Psion, Aegis, and Blueline, one of these things was not like the other. He shook his head, it wasn't a competition for the coolest name, it was about protecting your identity and being something greater than yourself. He was about to make another comment when the doorbell rang.

Casey's eyes darted to the door, it was good thing that they were the only thing visible, with all the attention from Blue and Zephyr her face felt hot, turned bright red by the blood flooding her cheeks. Soon though that color faded replaced with pale dread, what if he saw her like this, could she just play it off?

"$%*#" The sudden shock to her mind turned off her filter for a moment. She furiously pulled the hood of the shirt off her head, letting her fair hair shine in the light. Zipping up the hoodie she tried to hide the rest of the outfit.

"Are you guys home!?" Zack called out, Casey's mind was racing, what was he doing here? What did he want, and why did he have to show up now. "I brought lunch!"

Had it been that long already? Zephyr looked pointedly at her motioning with his hand towards the room she'd more or less claimed as her own. He mouthed the word 'Change', to which she nodded her head. In the kitchen the timer went off.

"$%*#" another soft curse left her mouth, the scones. She looked to Blue, he 'd taken stock of the situation, a friend that needed to be kept in the dark, and Casey dressed in full Halloween attire way out of season, not a good mix. He could see it in her eyes, they'd worked hard on those scones but, to him, protecting her was more important.

"I'll get them." He whispered with urgency.

She nodded her head again and rushed up the stairs, nearly bounding up them with heavy footsteps. When she got to her room, she took several deep breaths trying to settle her heart. It was racing. It wasn't with fear, more embarrassment. A few long breaths later and she started changing out of her costume, and back into regular clothes.

Back at the foyer Blue turned to head up to the kitchen, but was stopped by Zephyr,

"Blue..." There was a subtle weight to his face, a seriousness it rarely wore. "I know how important it is that you go out there and do your thing," Right now, he was a little more focused on the pastries burning in the oven. However once that was done, yeah he wanted to get out there. He'd spent far too much time in side already, "maybe we’ll go with you next time… At least stay long enough to say hello and maybe share one slice, then you can go stretch your legs and catch some air, cool?"

He nodded his head firmly, "One slice." He said it like a promise, or a threat. His heart beat against his ribs, displeased with his actions, his conscience was taking him to task for abandoning his duties. He had other responsibilities now, to the people in this house. There would be time, to see to other things. Being a hero still came first, and would always, this was just a little delay, he'd make it up, somehow.

He rushed up the stairs to evacuate the scones before they got turned to charcoal. Luckily they seemed ok one or two looked a little brown but, overall they seemed alright. Hurriedly he began removing them from the sheet and putting them on a plate. It wouldn't be as pretty as Casey usually like to arrange them but, at least they weren't burnt.

19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Agents Mary Formal, Liz Merrick
    Triskellion HQ, New York

Despite her discomfort and state of righteousness, Formal was interested to see how Chesterfield reacted to her getting in his face over what had happened in Medical, but it bounced off him like moisture trying to bother the heated base of a clothes iron.

Well, then…*ahem*… yes, we shall visit your assigned habitat first.” He did look uncertain for a moment, then made a quarter-turn away from them and waved a hand towards the exits. “This way, if you please.

Liz pulled the metal and plastic handle up from her wheeled luggage, teasing, "I cannot believe you thought her name was actually, 'Enema'"

"Shut up." Mary retorted gently.

The agents carried or pulled their bags along the highly polished floor that would either be a lot of fun or a ******* death trap in socks and stockings. Ahead of them, daylight hit partially clear, partially frosted glass etched with the SHIELD logo.
    The glass slid aside at their approach.

"Did you think she was related to Eminem too?"

"Shut up."

Waiting outside the clinic, was an official transport. The four passenger sedan was a handsome vehicle, which sported the agency’s logo on its side. It looked too blocky and unwieldy to be any good in a car chase, so it probably had some special surprises. Game monitors in the back of the car seats or something. The dark polished doors were adorned with the logo.

After you.

Liz observed the sedan sitting there and looked aside at her friend. "Do you remember what SHIELD stands for yet?"

"Shut up and get in."

Thank to her 'Director Hill' rompersuit, the telepath was able to just step in with one foot, duck in and sit down, and then drag the other leg in after her.

Mary had to be more ladylike, turning her back on the open door while a functionary put their bags in the 'boot' at the back, sitting down on the edge of the backseat, then careful to keep her bare knees clamped together, get both feet into the sedan, followed by her knees then finish the move by facing the front and settling back into the cushions.

Honestly, the whole technique looked so demure, that if Chesterfield thought that the way the English pronounced his name sounded dignified, this'd make hm positively wet.

Chesterfield sat in the front, to the right of the driver, which disorientated Mary for a moment, then remembered they drove on the wrong side of the road over here.
    She mused to herself that she must have blacked out or something earlier, because this was not the first car they had been in since touching down.
    Or maybe the liaison had kept them busy with his 'This is how we say things, and what they mean' tutorial.

A curious number of words seemed to refer to pairings between SHIELD agents. If they were to hear "skyward", they were not to interpret it as a local equivalent of the old Japanese "Tora! Tora! Tora!" 'planes coming out of the sun' warning, and warily check the heavens for Iron Man or a hijacked Quinjet; nope, apparently Agents Sky and Grant Ward were taking things to the next level. Staff were even running a pool.

How do you run a pool? Formal queried silently as the car pulled smoothly away from the curb. You run a tap. You dive into a pool. You fill a pool. Actually, you check to make sure the pool has been filled before you dive in, unless you want to be air-lifted from the pool by air ambul-

"This is a lovely vehicle!" Liz gushed beside her, hands gripping the back of the driver's seat.

Musings interrupted, Mary stared at her excited friend, putting in, "She means it's shiny." Two hundred years plus under her belt, she had to have put some time in, watching human behaviours to better stay hidden. "You do know that shine fades unless you keep it up, right?"

"Not with the waxes we use." The driver advised, glancing up at the rear view mirror between him and Arthur.

"Special SHIELD brand is it?"

"Not everything we use is a SHIELD brand, Miss!" He laughed. "Though yes, we do slap a SHIELD decal on when it passes the security checkpoint, but that is just to show everyone that it has been adjudged safe."

She winced in pain at the unexpected sensation of the flesh on her left arm being pinched through the blue material of her sleeve and twisted by Liz' fingers!

Ow! What the hell, Hero?! She focused on the younger woman's features, and recognised that fierce I saw him first! look in her eyes, instantly deploying her own wide-eyed look, which she hoped conveyed, What am I, psychic? because her Arcateenian mind was a closed book to all the telepaths she had ever encountered.

She counted that as a key component as to why she was still alive. If anyone at E-Branch, Liz included, could read her mind, she expected to be dead and dis-sected within the day. And no matter how much of a friend they thought they were to her, if they would be willing to prtotect her, she seriously doubted that they would be able to stop themselves blurting, "Wait, what? You're an alien?!"

Same result.

There was no way this girl could read her mind, right? They hadn't known each other that long when she had tried the UNCLE fib on her; she'd have had no reason to go along with it if she knew.
    And then other times, she seemed to know when Mary was trying to get the S.H.I.E.L.D. acronym straight in her head, like when they had seen the sedan for the first time.

She stayed out of Liz' way for the rest of the fifteen minute drive , till Chesterfield went all Professor Farnsworth and waved out the windscreen, "There it is, the international district."

To be continued...

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    GM Approved

[​IMG]
    Basic character sheet:

Name: Peter Mbiye
    Codename: Tsetse
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 6 feet
    Weight: 150 lbs
    Dislikes: Anti-Registration activists, isolation sentiment (in countries other than Wakanda)
    Personality: Cautious, but with firm underlying passions. Soft-spoken.
    Appearance: Peter tries to be impeccable in his presentation. He is consistently well-groomed. His dress is both conservative and dapper. Excepting his height, he does as little as possible to stand out from the general milieu of the global class that he has infiltrated.
    Bio: Keeping a secret is a difficult thing. After all, it's about more than keeping faith among those that know. It requires blinding those that don't. The latter task has always fallen to a certain branch of the Wakandan government, engaging the outside world just enough so that they never know to seek engagement. In its own way, it is a role as important as the Panther cult, if its members are less storied. One such is Peter Mbiye.

Available documents place him in a Congolese refugee camp as a teenager. War scrambles everything. It's easy for people to get lost in the chaos, or for new ones to be found. Even easier still for a boy trained in the best Wakandan schools to stand out among those displaced by violence. Little wonder he was the philanthropists' darling, scooped up to the best boarding schools in America, from there to spend time in Amherst college and Cambridge as a graduate. If he preferred to go home on long vacations in the wilderness, and was somewhat hard to track, what of it?

Success was hard or argue with, either way. He would drift between high profile NGOs, inter-governmental organizations, and the US Foreign Service, doing substantive work in the world's hot spots. It wasn't until the increasing prominence of the mutants and metahumans that the young diplomat's career took its final, most interesting turn. His job titles stopped appearing in website directory listings or press releases. Paradoxically, his work become much more the subject of news, albeit the work of investigative journalists trying to piece together the truth from whispers and innuendo. At the same time, Wakanda has taken steps to emerge from isolation. Only as Peter's work grows murkier are his true allegiances becoming clearer. Clearer to the careful observer.

Metahuman ability: Sleep manipulation. Tsetse can influence the sleepiness (but not wakefulness—considering them as two separate phenomena) of those around him. This can be overcome by will or pharmacology, but he can otherwise put people to sleep, or at least make them more likely to fall asleep.

Stance: Pro-Registration

Darth_Elu, greyjedi125 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Agents Mary Formal, Liz Merrick
    Triskellion HQ, New York

Ahead of them, a series of futuristic medium sized building clustered together. Even as they arrived, several valets emerged to assist them with their traveling effects.

Liz hopped out her side of the vehicle, while Mary reversed her refined 'vehicle entry and exit wearing a skirt' procedure, fancying that she was hearing a very low, appreciative throat rumble from Chesterfield as she swung her knees out after he opened the door for her.
    Probably her imagination.

The U.N.C.L.E. fangirl tugged the dress hem down, then straightened.

She wondered if the Federal Agent Training Facilities covered this, cos they were all over this at The Farm, where she had trained back in the Nineties. Curtseying, the right terminology and behaviour at an ambassador soiree. She would be representing "dear old Blighty", after all.

She looked across the car's polished roof at Liz, checking she was okay.

"Can you give the driver a tip?" Merrick asked.

"'Kay." She leaned back in, facing the seated driver from the back seat. "If you hurt her, I will break both your arms."

"Thanks, Mum." Liz bit out caustically when she emerged, the telepath now joining her while the liaison observed patiently from the lobby entrance.

Formal frowned, then brightened in realisation. "Oh, you meant 'money'! " She bounced on her block heels. "You hear any coins?" She nodded at the telepath, adding rhetorically, "You're the one with the pockets, unless all those zips are just for ventilation." In fact, the only zip she could see was the one at the woman's throat, like the one her own uniform had, only Liz had pulled hers down to show an inverted V of faintly freckled flat-chestiness.

The three Fs, she thought, following the valets and Arthur inside, joining them as they butted up against another security checkpoint.

Alright, let’s see. Here are your keycards…” Arthur handed the girls two clear looking ‘credit card’ sized keys. “Press your right thumbs at the center to activate them.” He instructed easily enough, even as he swiped his own card.

"Oh my God."

Formal's eyes widened in surprise and awe to see her own face appearing next to her name on the keycard. "Wow." She had seen precious few signs that this was the much-imagined Twenty-First Century, but this was impressive.

Welcome Agent Chesterfield. A pleasant female voice said in greeting, drawing a grin from the Arcateenian.

"Oh, sod off!" She exclaimed, looking around the source of the clearly artificial voice. "That is amazing!"

Thank you, Jocasta. Have you met Agents Formal and Merrick, yet?

Not officially. Welcome Agent Formal, Agent Merrick.

Both returned the greeting, shyly adding little hand waves.

Your designated living quarters is 8E-27.

“That’s 8th Floor, East Wing, Unit 27.” Arthur whispered at them.

As excited and over-awed as she was, Mary quickly discovered that unless she was missing something, the uniform designers must have skipped a meeting. She fanned her new keycard. "These are great, but where we supposed to keep 'em?"

"No problem here."

The blonde Arcateenian looked on, scandalised, as Merrick slid her card down the open zip into Triple-F territory. "Did you even go to The Farm?"

"What farm?"

Mary turned to Chesterfield. "I am so sorry, she really isn't like this at home."

Within moments, after all security protocols were observed, the trio made it up the secure lift, and into the transplanted E-Branch agents apartment. Arthur insisted one of them officiated their access to their apartment. What better way to start their great adventure.

Once they door finally opened and the ladies were allowed in, they would find that their apartment was actually a duplex. Their living arrangements contained two floors, one for each agent. Who would get the top floor was entirely up to them.

"This is nice" Liz gushed.

Keycard still pinched between thumb and forefinger, the older agent was all business as she nodded appreciatively, appraising the features.

Despite SHIELD and E-Branch being allied intelligence agencies now, the place was probably bugged. They'd have to talk in the bathroom with the shower running. The legs on those tables holding the PCs, both levels, could be ripped off and used as stakes in an emergency. By herself anyway; Liz would probably just dislocate a shoulder.

She found she had been left behind as Arthur went on to show them all the amenities, and stepped across the sun-drenched off-white deep-pile to catch up with the pair. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two computer stations with office space, a full kitchen, and even floor length windows with an actual view of Triskelion Square.

I think you’ll like it here.” Arthur finished.

"Seriously, no-one has ever mentioned the pockets thing before?"

"She means this place is lovely. We will definitely like it here. Great view."

Formal this time ignored her friend's warning glare, doggedly carrying on. "Not on an FAQ list or something?"

"I brought a sewing kit with me. I will make you some pockets before tomorrow." She turned to Chesterfield, and asked to see their offices.

"What about the aloe vera?"

"What aloe vera?"

Mary shook her head. Honestly, throw a man, a card with her face on it, and a talking A.I. at her, and she would forget her own head if it wasn't screwed on. She took a deep breath, clapped her hands together and smiled at Arthur. "Fine. When can we see our offices?"

Ameteth, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  22. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Bishop Knight
    Triskelion HQ, New York, Mission Room 34 NE

“Good day, Agent Knight. I’m pleased you were able to meet on such short notice. Please, let’s go into the mission room.”

It was always so odd to watch The Vision move. He wasn't human, but he had studied humans enough to imitate them perfectly. Though, since embarking on building ADAM, imitating humans was something Bishop wanted to program in, butThe Vision was an advanced creation and being able to imitate at his level would take much more than Bishop knew how to do.

[Welcome, Vision. Welcome Agent Bishop] the Triskelion AI said in pleasant greetings.

“Thank you, Jocasta.”

And there, a computer and The Vision conversed as humans would. It was odd, and that made it clear that The Vision wasn't human, but no one else would really see it as odd. Everyone talked to Jocasta and other AI's as if they were just another human most of the time.

Bishop, knowing the coding and inner workings of an AI, knew they weren't human, and they didn't think. And that was the challenge with ADAM.

“Please, take a seat.”

Bishop took a seat at the large conference table. He hadn't really noticed much about the room its self. Those were details he tended to miss altogether. It wasn't that he didn't observe things, it was just that he noticed things like electronics more.

Bishop was in awe of The Vision, as was he with most of The Avengers. He briefly wondered if he could ghost with The Vision. It would probably be such an alien experience, but so illuminating. He figured it'd be futile, though.

“As our Assistant Chief of Cyber-Ops, Director Hill has assigned you to be the Chief Inspector of Cyber Security at the U.N.S.C hearing. You will be working alongside U.N.S.C’s Deputy Security Chief, Agent Ron Sandoval. You shall both be responsible for instituting and maintaining a S.H.I.E.L.D sanctioned High-Security Level around the Council Chamber and grounds, pre and post hearing. You have been scheduled to meet with Agent Sandoval, today at 15:00 hrs.”

Wait...what? Was he serious? Was Director Hill serious? This was going to be a BIG deal and he wasn't sure he was the right choice for this. Should he mention ADAM? This would be perfect in testing his systems, but if there was a failure, it'd be catastrophic.

No, now wasn't the time to introduce ADAM to SHIELD. It didn't mean, however, he couldn't use ADAM.

“Please, feel free to ask any questions at any time.”

Are you sure I'm the best choice for this? I've never really worked in the field much.

He sounded so whiny, like a teenager. He was flattered that they thought he could handle this, but he truly felt he would be best suited doing what he mostly always did here at SHIELD and run the Cyber-Ops.

He sighed.

What do you know about this Ron Sandoval?

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Gami
    Woodlin Camp, Maine

As Gami was asking her questions, she noted that Momma Woodlin was smiling back at her while she listened. That made Gami feel a bit more comfortable while she spoke, asking Momma why she chose them. Momma Woodlin chuckled and nodded in silent agreement.

“If life were simple enough, as you say, many things would different. There would be no need for that so-called ‘registration’, hmmm?”

Gami could only nod in agreement. Momma continued. “To answer your questions, Gami. I chose you because I trust you both, that much is apparent, yes? Situations change over time, as do people. You are new and that is also an advantage.” Momma Woodlin closed her eyes for a moment and took a breath before continuing. “Trouble is an intricate part of the world we live in, my child. It can help us grow if we know how to face it properly. Isn’t that right, Isaac?” Wow. Gami simply watched the woman, listening closely as she spoke. Gami felt very happy for some reason, to be 'trusted'. She didnt want to disappoint Momma Woodlin, so she sat quietly, listening as she continued to speak.

“Kim also has my confidence. She is there to protect you and the package. You are all important to me and this camp. Should there be ‘trouble’, you won’t face it alone.”

Gami wondered what she meant by that, but then again, the way Momma Woodlin had appeared out of nowhere last time, she could believe it. Momma Woodlin spoke to the woods around this place. So anything was possible.

“Our camps hold a tenuous peace, but some camps have agendas of their own. Loyalties and allegiances change like seasons…” Momma Woodlin did not elaborate further as she continued. “It’s O.K. to decline my request, there is nothing to regret, you are precious to me just the same.” Momma Woodlin offered them another kind look.

Gami looked over at Issac for a moment, and then back at Mamma Woodlin. She then smiled. "I dont mind." Gami replied. And she meant it. Also, it would be good to move out, and do something out of their normal routine. It was easy to get out of touch with the things around them. Gami gave a nod. "So, Im guessing since this Fu Long is only going to be there a few more days, we need to leave soon. How far away is it?" Gami asked. She suddenly felt raring to go. Though none knew of her involvement with the agents and stuff, as far as she knew, except for Momma Woodlin,

Gami was glad that Kim was the 'watcher' and not Jake. Jake was too angry. Not that she knew anything at all about Kim, but it still seemed an improvement. And if Momma Woodlin trusted her, Gami was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Gami also hoped that the SHIELD agents were long gone as well. Not too many folks she really wanted to run into while out on the road. Gami thought the trip would be good for her, and she grinned once more, waiting to hear when their trip would start.

Tag: greyjedi125, Darth_Elu

Ameteth, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  24. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Isaac Angakkuq IC:
    ~Woodlin Camp, Maine~

"If life were simple enough, as you say, many things would be different. There would be no need for that so-called 'registration,' hmmm?"

Slowly, Isaac allowed a small, acknowledging nod to this as Momma Woodlin had proceeded to reply to both Gami and himself. Still, that was not the focus of the meeting, so she simply dismissed it with a wave of a hand.

"To answer your questions, Gami. I chose you because I trust you both, that much is apparent, yes? Situations change over time, as do people. You are new and that is also an advantage."

The head of the Woodlin Camp closed her eyes and took a breath, clearly taking a moment before continuing. Whatever events she visualized behind her closed eyes remained with her. As did the synchronicity it held with that which was contained in Firefly's own secret counsel. Isaac was beginning to think, after the events from a few days ago, that there may be some sort of connection between his spirit guide and the head of this camp.

Was it no coincidence at all that Firefly had led him here? The hand of Fate was as ever unseen as the wind yet so clearly at play, he could only feel humbled. Yet unnerved all the same, the intertwining of such emotions being a natural spiral that was as exhilarating as it was frightening.

But for now, Momma Woodlin began to speak again and once more, the Inuit listened.

"Trouble is an intricate part of the world we live in, my child. It can help us grow if we know how to face it properly. Isn't that right, Isaac?"

He offered a brief smile and the faintest of nods in response, but let her go on.

"Kim also has my confidence. She is there to protect you and the package. You are all important to me and this camp. Should there be 'trouble,' you won't face it alone."

That was a subtle confirmation that while there was no guarantee of 'trouble,' it was most definitely a probability that forced itself to be considered. This was noted.

"Our camps hold a tenuous peace, but some camps have agendas of their own. Loyalties and allegiances change like seasons…It's O.K. to decline my request, there is nothing to regret, you are precious to me just the same."

Much more than just loyalties and allegiances changed like the seasons, Isaac wanted to add. But there was no need, this woman knew that with a magnitude of wisdom he could only hope to possess someday. You could see it in her eyes, feel it from her breath, experience it with her touch, and marvel at it through the movements and actions she undertook.

His heart panged for the briefest moment, but its sharpness did not go unnoticed.

<Isaac?>

<It's ok. Just…thought of my Grandmother is all. Even after all this time, I miss her.>

<Of course, that's normal as you know. But I see what you mean, they are much alike.>

<…>

There was a small movement and he glanced over to see Gami looking at him in return, just for a moment. Then she was gazing back at their host and smiling.

"I don't mind. So, I'm guessing since this Fu Long is only going to be there a few more days, we need to leave soon. How far away is it?"

She seemed to be grinning, suddenly infused with energy and inspiration. Clearly, the girl was more than ready to aid the Woodlin Camp in this endeavor. It was good to see, of course he heard that she had also been around during the incident a few days prior so it bespoke of her loyalty.

Isaac had been slightly embarrassed to hear that there was another witness to that whole scene, the memory of him halting Jake and the other watchers being forefront, and he had always meant to ask: Just where was she the whole time? He certainly never noticed her.

He made the casual mental note to never play hide and seek with Gami, the outcome was that obvious. Then he was jolted at the remembrance of the fact he never gave his opinion on the task at hand. Would he accept or decline?

<Go. Accept the request and let us see this Fu Long for ourselves.>

As if his decision had ever truly been in doubt.

"Let us know if there's any additional things we can do for you, Momma Woodlin. And yes, I accept without question."

His smile, as with Gami's conviction, was just as genuine. And it showed.

Tag: Ktala greyjedi125

Cameron Giles IC:
    ~Remote Office, Triskelion~

And so the reports came and came as he brooded over his task of assembling the SHIELD Vanguard and its subsequent recruitment drive. To say it was laborious was understating it.

Events were taking shape rather hectically now and there was a pattern to it. He could nearly see it…or perchance he only imagined it. Still, something was going on and he was determined to figure it out.

Running a hand over his face and letting out a breath for a moment, Deputy Director Giles forced himself to take a mental step back and simply focus on what was in front of him for now. That was what he was tasked with, it would go faster that way.

Two reports jumped out at him from the many. Inconsequential they may sound, but that was almost never the case.

Nevada.

[The storm has attained Hurricane winds and has reached Category 1. The area is on lockdown. GPS communications have confirmed a single civilian vehicle in the immediate area heading towards the storm's center. The S.U.V. is registered to one Dr. Jane Foster. Repeated warnings have been sent to Dr. Foster's cellular phone. No answer has been received.]

Dr. Foster? Is that the one who had was known to have made contact with Thor? He paused his other work to briefly pull up her file, confirming that was the case. What was a brilliant woman like her doing?

Then again, this storm. The nevada desert. The vehicle. Was she trying to recreate or hoping there was a recreation coming of Thor's initial arrival? If he were closer, he'd be hopping out there in an instant to personally make contact.

A personage such as Jane Foster rarely did anything that was not worthy of being watched. And as for the second report.

Wakanda.

[Reports regarding Man-Ape cultists have increased by 15% in Wakanda. There is concern for Prince Mukhtar's safety in the absence of his father.]

Also troubling. They couldn't afford any major mishaps in that region, especially should the Prince's father ever return.

Rerouting possible orders through Director Hill per the norm so she could approve, refine, or decline; Cameron asked that a small group of agents and/or trusted associates closest to Dr. Jane Foster's location be alerted and immediately be sent to meet up with her and observe what was going on.

All equipment necessary to deal with the storm and unknown events thereafter should be authorized.

Meanwhile, surveillance within Wakanda should be stepped up by 29% to ascertain what was going on. Why 29? Simply put it was still a considerable increase in attention, yet low enough to hopefully remain unnoticed by undesirables. Except in certain circumstances, Cameron operated on the assumption that when increasing anything by a percent in these cases…always stop a percent short of what you wish. At every interval of ten, the chances of movement or building power being witnessed increased exponentially and thus the chances of that were far higher than the percentage of your increase.

Stop right before that threshold to better your chances and finally reach or surpass it when ready, if needed at all.

Besides all that, he also put in a request to send a friendly greeting to the Prince from a SHIELD liaison, hoping that clear and concise direction conversation would enable their coordinated movements even more so.

It was their homeland and the land of the Black Panther, so there was a good chance that they may know even more than them. Or at least possess a minute detail that would shed light on something significant.

Standing up, Cameron Giles made an audible request for his final task at the moment.

"Jocasta, send a request to Director Hill that I'm heading toward her office and would like to be admitted. She has a mission for me and she still needs to brief me before things get much later."

It had been a while since he had been in the field in any format excepting administrative work. Yet, in his mind, it was time to get moving.

Perhaps the fresh air will invigorate me.

Ameteth, Sith-I-5 and greyjedi125 like this.
  25. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Sanctum Sanctorum, NYC

Life, it was a wonderful thing, a mysterious thing, an inevitable thing. It was love, hate, passion and apathy, victory and failure. It was lassitude and discovery and without a doubt the most complicated thing to happen to anyone.

Ever since the ‘Anti-Registration’ rally, things had gotten more interesting in Zephyr’s life. Meeting new friends, kinda-sorta forming a new team of superheroes…having to keep things from his good friend Zack, which was the cause of much personal distress.

On the bright side of things, it looked like the nascent team was going to be a well-oiled machine. Zephyr couldn’t help but briefly smile at the way both Blue and Casey had swiftly and smoothly departed from the foyer and moved to the next floor.

He was probably making a bigger deal of it than necessary, but given the seriousness of their impromptu meeting and the potentially critical point at which they were interrupted, everyone seemed to have a really good ‘game face’. It was a small hiccup for sure, but perhaps it was indicative of how they would handle those ‘curve balls’ that usually happened during missions.

Even now, he could ‘feel’ Blue in the kitchen area, tending to something around the stove and electric range and Casey was in her bedroom (where he quickly averted his scan).

Having confirmed his teammates position, the dark haired meta exhaled and absentmindedly ran his hand through his stylishly coiffed raven mane; he had to put on his own ‘game face’, since he had just told a white lie to buy some time and wasn’t feeling too good about it.

Zephyr approached the front door and opened it quite casually, his friendly demeanor greeting his friend with usual good cheer.

“Zack! Come in, sorry to have kept you…ooohh…what is this I smell, yuumm!”

Taking one of the pizza boxes from his friend, Zephyr inhaled the mouth-watering aroma with great appreciation.

“Hey guys!” he called out to the others upstairs.

“I think we have a ‘Romulan bearing gifts’.”

Zephyr chuckles at his clever use of the quote from a classic sci-fi program, he knows that Zack will get the reference and laughs with him.

“Let’s get these upstairs and onto the table, so nice of you to do this buddy.”

‘At least Blue will be able to go out and work on a full stomach, I’m sure he’ll need it.’ He thought to himself as they took the stairs.

“So what’s new at the Lab, any new breakthroughs on that teleportation pill?”

Humor. many would argue, that one of the best ways to face life, is with a healthy dose of humor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.