main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Marvel Heroes: Resurgence

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    SGC 28.57^3
    Transia, Mountain Path

“EsGeeCee! C’mon.”

Barsali waved at the Noble Evo, urging him to follow. For a moment, the ranger seemed perplexed as he wondered why SGC lingered. He peered into the cave, and saw nothing of interest.

SGC received no answer from the voice he’d heard. Only silence.

Once back outside, Barsali switched places with Harman, who’d been guiding Erasmus. Now the young tracker was free to scout ahead. Young Harman moved out silently, focused and alert. His desire to bring further prestige to their camp was plain to see in his demeanor. Barsali was confident in him and would do his best to complete this mission and bring him back to the gypsy camp unharmed.

The small group progressed some distance away, yet parallel to the main path, staying hidden as they went, though progress was somewhat slow due to the blind man. Erasmus knew the Latverian Woods like the back of his hand, and had managed well enough around the gypsy camp. However, the Wundagore mountain path was proving a challenge for the old man.

“Pfft! I’m fine, do not worry about me. Let’s keep going.” Erasmus huffed, sensing Barsali’s unspoken concern.

The upward climb and changing landscape were probably to blame. A fog rolled in, blanketing the trees and covering the main path. Barsali cursed inwardly. The ranger let out a sequence of whistles into the air. A responding sequence was heard a moment later, though faintly.

“Let’s hold here.” He said, looking around.

Peering through the thickening fog, he found a large enough tree for Erasmus to rest against.

‘Thank you….” Erasmus breathe out, clearly tired.

A sound caught the Ranger’s attention and he turned towards it. Harman waved as he passed through the fog, coming into view. The tracker had made his presence known as he neared, aware that Barsali would be on alert. Immediately he walked up to the Ranger and whispered in his ear.

‘The bodies…are gone?” He said aloud in disbelief.

“Damn.”

As if on cue, a chilling moan was heard through the fog. Then another. Both Ranger and Tracker produced their blades, then crouched. Barsali made a motion for everyone to be still and quiet, silently hoping that danger would pass them by.

Tag: @ Mitth_Fisto

Agents Mary Formal & Liz Merrick
    Triskelion HQ, New York

Agent Chesterfield found ‘the girls’ , as he’d dubbed them in his mind, quite endearing. They were a lovely pair. Humorous, vivacious and altogether charming. It was a refreshing change from the typical hyper-professional sort. He listened to their banter and soaked it all in.

“Oh, and by the way…” He quickly interjected when a brief pause in their repartee finally allowed him to do so. “There are pockets.”

The assigned liaison slipped an index finger inside a seamless groove that served as a ‘breast pocket’, perfect for their ID. There were two more larger ones at the sides, just under the ‘ribs’.

“In addition, we have several stylish utility belts and all purpose bandoliers you could choose from. Besides, altering your uniform is against regulations.” He informed smilingly.

The pair seemed to be taking well to their new surroundings, as well as the stringent security protocols. That part was always tricky with newcomers.

“Alright then, let’s move on to your shiny new office.”

The trio found themselves once again inside the SHIELD vehicle as they headed to a different building.

“Your office is located in the Metaphysics Building, where metahuman studies are conducted. You are now part of our Paranormal Phenomena Department.” Arthur said, beaming at them.

“It does sound somewhat more official than ‘Defense Against the Dark Arts’ or ‘Ministry of Magic’.” He chuckled, jokingly.

The vehicle made several turns down the busy boulevard, which prompted the liaison agent.

“I almost forgot. Here are your communicator headsets and hand-held datapads. Activation is fairly intuitive and interactive. You can always ask Jocasta to assist you. The pads already comes with a map and locator, incase you need to get around in a hurry.”

Arthur offered a set to each, and did a quick demo as to how to operate the devices and join the secure network. “You can browse for additional apps later. Those can be fun.” he added. Inside a moment, they arrived at their destination. Naturally, there was a security checkpoint, and as expected, their entry proceeded without incident. The trio boarded a lift, then disembarking promptly on the third floor.

The white corridors that greeted them were well lit and spacious. Security cameras regarded them from the ceiling and the walls, but Arthur seemed oblivious, as he was enjoying giving the small introductory tour. They passed several large doors, which were unmarked, then finally arrived, after making a right at the end of the corridor. There was a silver chrome plaque on the single door, which simply read: Section 23.

“After you.” Arthur intoned, indicating the security pad. The card and biometric combination would need to be provided by either E-Branch agent.

After gaining entry, the lights in the offices came on, revealing a modest size room. The carpet and furnishing were of a neutral color, contrasting against the white walls. Before them was the far wall, where the vertical blinds were closed at the moment. To the right were the work stations, computers, monitors and filing cabinets, complete with work tables and forensic tools. To the left side of the room was a small conference area, also, a kitchenette was beyond it. A refresher and small sleeping area were last.

“Ah…” Arthur said, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply. “ I so enjoy the ambiance of a brand new office.” He turned to both Liz and Mary and opened his arms wide.

“How do you like it?”

Tag: @Sith-I-5

Bishop Knight
    Triskelion HQ, New York, Mission Room 34 NE

“Are you sure I’m the best choice for this?” Agent Knight asked with some surprise. “I’ve never really worked in the field much.” He confessed.

“According to Director Hill, this should be a plum assignment for someone with your qualifications.” The Vision stated with an easy delivery. “However…” He continued, a hint of sympathy etched in his tone. “ You could present your objections personally, should you have sustainable concerns.”

“What do you know about this Ron Sandoval?”

Jocasta, if you please.”

There was a flicker of light, then suddenly, a three-dimensional projection of a dark-haired man with tan colored skin, dressed in a suit, appeared atop the conference table. He bore quite a stoic demeanor.

“Agent Ronald Sandoval…” The Vision began.

“Formerly a Law Enforcement with the L.A.P.D, who later became an F.B.I agent, he is now the Deputy Security Chief of the U.N.S.C. He has no criminal record and is known for his ability to ‘profile’ persons of interest, as well as having strong investigative acumen. According to his service records, he has no metahuman abilities. Although he is not a technologies genius, he is savvy and resourceful with what resources he has available. Ambitious to a fault, Sandoval is a man of letters and knows how to wield jurisdictional powers. He’s both a marksman and martial artist.”

The synthoid paused, allowing the proffered information to be assimilated.

“It is imperative and in the best interest of S.H.I.E.L.D. to have a security presence at the hearing, agent. If you feel more comfortable having immediate support in the form of additional personnel, that can be arranged.”

The android calmly watched Agent Knight and offered a nod of support as he waited for a response.

Tag: @E. L.Knight

Gami & Isaac
    Woodlin Camp, Maine

The venerable woman smiled at the two young ones and offered a nod.

“Thank you both. I deeply appreciate your cooperation, I’m too old to make such journeys now…”

Momma Woodlin chuckled at Gami and Isaac, briefly reflecting on her younger days.

“The roadside market is due south, no more than three hours travel by foot, about two at a good canter.”

A bird tweeted somewhere, causing the wise woman to gaze in that direction, before looking back.

“If you need provisions or equipment, please speak to Kim. She will provide them for you. I believe she should be at the foot of the tree house at the moment.”

Momma Woodlin leaned forward , pretending to look down and past the floor; she then looked-up with an amused look on her face, no doubt to mixed expressions from her guests.

“I’ll let you two decide your departure time.” She pointed at them with a crooked finger. “It’s better that way. Remember, you must work together. All three of you.”

She let that part sink in, with a wink and a smile.

“Now, if there’s nothing else you should need, my presence is required elsewhere.”

Tag: @Ktala, @Darth_Elu

Peter Mbiye
    Wakanda, Ministry of Intelligence and Covert Operations

The room was adequate in size, yet balanced in presentation. Technology and art were all represented here, neither overpowering the other. The hanging lights were muted, lending a deceptively relaxed feeling.

The Chief Director of Operations, Oxalia Midnight, casually walked in from the back, dressed in a form-fitting black dress, her gold panther necklace was the only visible accessory, aside from her gold bracers. As usual, she wore a serious, yet calm and collected expression.

“At ease, Agent Tsetse, you may take a seat.” She said to the dapper agent, even as she too sat down at her desk.

Her dark brown eyes studied the man for a moment, before she began.

“I will assume that you’ve been updated with all current events.” She stated simply. “ Still, I will send you the most recent update, just so you are up to the moment.” Oxalia’s manicured hands typed swiftly on a virtual keyboard, then offered a practiced smile once she hit send.

“I will get straight to the point. Our assets abroad have not produced any new leads on Premier ( Black Panther ), so we are continuing with Project Vigilance. For security reasons, we have ‘influenced’ intel regarding news concerning the White Gorilla Cult. There is an uptick in subversive activity, but it’s not just from them. Other cult elements are also becoming active. This cannot be coincidence, no doubt you agree.”

With a graceful motion, the Chief slid an encrypted data stick to the agent.

“Find out what you can, then report back. Take a moment to look it over and ask what questions you need.”

“We must do all we can to protect the Prince.” She added after a beat.

Tag: @Jabba-wocky

Blueline, Casey & Zephyr
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

Finally the front door opened.

“Hey, Zeph!” Zack beamed, balancing the two pizza boxes.

“Zack! Come in, sorry to have kept you….” Zephyr intoned. “ Oooh…what is this I smell, yuumm!”

Smoothly, Zephyr helped by taking one of the pizza boxes and inhaled the aroma. Zack laughed at his friend’s antics.

“Hey, guys! I think we have a Romulan bearing gifts.” The Raven haired meta announced as they both entered the premises. “Well, I guess if you closed your eyes you could pretend its Roman Pizza.” Zack joked as he followed. “Have you been watching Star Trek re-runs again?”

“Let’s get these upstairs and onto the table, so nice of you to do this buddy.”

“I have an extended lunch hour, so I figured I’d drop by.”

“So what’s new at the lab? Any new breakthroughs on that teleportation pill?”

Zack made a thinking face for a brief second.

“Well, there’s a new intern. Emily, I think, kinda shy, but in a very Hermione Granger kinda way…” Zack confessed, turning a bit red. “About that pill though….” He grew serious now.

“That’s classified.”

Zack tried to keep a straight face and not laugh, but failed miserably as he burst.

“I need to work on my deadpan.”

“Hey, Blue!” Zack greeted with a wave.

Within moments, they were in the kitchen preparing a hardy lunch meal. When Casey arrived, Zack gave the young lady a light hug in greeting. There was small chat and the simple joys of each others company to be had. Soon, plates, glasses, and silverware were placed on the table, as well as the inviting pizza.

“I think we’re ready to do this.” Zack commented eagerly.

As everyone was sitting themselves, Zack noticed the computer monitor in the living room table, and out of habit, he went to make certain that the screen saver was at least on. The young lab assistant stopped to look at the what was displayed and despite himself, became engrossed by what he saw. A hint of a frown began to appear as he began to read, suddenly forgetting about lunch, pizza and the reason for his visit.

Tag: @Ameteth @galactic-vagabond422

IC: Alastor Zingari
    S.H.I.E.L.D. EA HQ, Kenya

He was in through the security threshold and the doors shut behind him with a hiss. Alastor’s ICEbreaker managed to gain him access, though not without encountering some challenges. The world was ever changing, ever evolving, and staying ahead of the curve was the name of the game.

The security camera located atop the door frame and right above the mercenary, continued to operate as programmed. A heartbeat later, no alarms had been raised.

Alastor’s present location was some kind of entrance -mezzanine. There were catwalks at either side of him that also ran along the walls. There was a lift down adjacent to him, as well as at the mid-point of the catwalks. In front of him, an expanse of about 100 meters opened up. It was quite vast- and quite full.

Row upon row after row of humanoid shapes stood still, as if in slumber. They ranged in size and shapes, but they were all faceless and had a silver hue. A mist pooled at their feet. On each catwalk, at least three AIM guards were on patrol. Their weapons were slung over at the moment. There were several technicians below, moving between the humanoid shapes, datapads quite visible in their possession.

At the very center of the ceiling, a strange dodecahedron slowly spun, emitting beams at the silver hued shapes, in no discernible pattern.

Opposite Alastor, 100 meters way, a rectangular outcropping could be seen, much like a control room. The surface material was reflective, so it was impossible to see inside.

Mechanical drones flitted about, performing various tasks, as expected.. This was a lab after all.

From within his suit, Alastor would not feel the chill in the air, but his breath might just give him away.

Tag: @Kahn_Iceay

Cameron Giles
    Triskelion HQ, New York

As expected, Jocasta did as requested, informing Director Hill that her deputy was en route. A response was not usually given, unless necessary.

As Cameron headed to see Maria, reports continued to pour in.

Nevada Base sent an update informing the deputy that a vehicle was being sent out to assist Dr. Foster, if not lead her to safety.

Confirmation of completed personnel transfers from overseas were also made, notably from England and South Korea, being points of interest.

A memo indicating resuming work on Cerebr-iOS 3 was also filed.

By then, Cameron had arrived. The door to Director Hill’s office admitted him after completion of a security scan. Maria did not initially look up. She simply held up one finger, then gestured to a nearby seat. The Director was typing with furious speed, then came to a stop. Maria’s expression was intense as she looked at the screen, saved her document, then turned off the monitor.

She took a long inhale, then released it, after which, she leaned back on her seat. A wan smile appeared on her face then.

“It’s been a long day Cameron. Give me some good news.” She said half-jokingly.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC 28.57^3 "Darwin / Esgeecee"
    Transia, Mountain Path

“EsGeeCee! C’mon.” Barsali waved at SGC, urging him to follow.

SGC was too involved in listening to break away from this pursuit right now, only there was no answer from the voice he’d heard, the voice he somehow knew. Only silence and he could stand here waiting for a voice to come again. Merely hope that he would remember, or find the speaker soon.

Once back outside, Barsali switched places with Harman, who’d been guiding SGC's amic Erasmus. Now the young tracker was free to scout ahead. Young Harman moved out silently, focused and alert.

SGC watched the man go, taking care to study how he moved so quietly into the woods. There was so much to learn if one just knew how to observe them properly. So he followed, leaving the place of the voice behind and followed the others into the woods.

The small group progressed some distance away, yet parallel to the main path, staying hidden as they went, though progress was somewhat slow due to amic. SGC did not mind. It was no choice and things were what they were, he was just glad that they traveled as he was used to, these gyspy humans followed a similar path, apart but always near the main stream. Living just beyond sight of those who took the main paths or main camps.

“Pfft! I’m fine, do not worry about me. Let’s keep going.” Erasmus huffed. Probably to the feeling of all their concern for him.

SGC replied gently to his friend, "Amic, I do not worry. The mountain is not leaving, and all will come in due time." It was like waiting for a test result, you feel the itch to receive the answers all the more but it would not make them come any quicker nor change the results. Unless you did rush them, then you could make more mistakes, and so be worse off than you were before the test to begin with. So they would go slow, and Erasmus would make it there.

A fog soon rolled in, blanketing the trees and covering the main path. Barsali cursed inwardly. The ranger let out a sequence of whistles into the air. A responding sequence was heard a moment later, though faintly. The fog was a hindrance to those with sight, SGC noted gently in his mind, but to Erasmus it was nothing but a cooling mist. More a comfort if it did not chill him. So the man's short coming put him better placed to cope with it than the rest of them. It was beautiful in that.

“Let’s hold here.” Barsali said, looking around. Peering through the thickening fog, he found a large enough tree for Erasmus to rest against.

‘Thank you….” Erasmus breathe out, clearly tired.

A sound caught the Ranger’s attention and he turned towards it. Harman waved as he passed through the fog, coming into view. The tracker had made his presence known as he neared, a good thing to note and remember.

‘The bodies…are gone?” Barsali said aloud in disbelief. “Damn.”

As if on cue, a chilling moan was heard through the fog. Then another. Both Ranger and Tracker produced their blades, then crouched. Barsali made a motion for everyone to be still and quiet, silently hoping that danger would pass them by.

SGC stood stark still. His head turning about as he took in the others, a hand slowly rising to rest on the blunt end of the weapon Barsali had given him. Slowly he noticed the two guides ducking and began to follow their example. His fear was rising as he took the posture of the guards and soldiers that had taken his home, what had they called it? Oh yes, 'head on a swivel'.

Tag: greyjedi125

Ameteth and Darth_Elu like this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Blueline & Casey
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

Blue hissed slightly as the tips of his fingers burnt themselves upon touching the still hot baking sheet. He was used to the sting of pain that came with even brushing up against too hot metal but, being used to was different to being immune. The pain radiated out from his fingers and down his hand. With a few more hisses he got all the scones off the sheet and onto a plate. Part of him wondered if he should have put them onto a cooling rack or something like that. Casey would know but, she was a little occupied at the moment.

"Hey, guys!" Zephyr called from the foyer, "I think we have a Romulan bearing gifts."

"Roma-whatnow?" Blue replied over his shoulder as he carried the plate of pastries to another counter.

"I need to work on my deadpan." Zack said coming up the steps with his friend carrying a pizza box. They were smirking laughing a little. "Hey, Blue!" the only non-meta in the house added with a wave.

Blue smiled and returned the gesture. He noticed the pizza boxes and his eyes widened. He knew they were coming but, nothing beats seeing that square box and smelling the tomatoes and cheese.

Casey heard muffled voices and a few laughs as she got changed. She wanted to wear the 'Super Suit' Zephyr had given her under her regular clothing but, she decided against it. What if Zack saw it, or if he noticed her acting a little fidgety. She didn't know how the grey fabric would react to being under normal clothing, would it still breathe as well as it did when she only wore a hoodie? Then there was the question of where she would ditch her over clothes if she chose to leave. A phone booth, did those even exist anymore, a dark alley, she shook her head, nope what if someone saw her. She'd just have to leave the grey shirt and pants in her room.

She took great care to lay them out carefully on her bed, just in case she needed to change quickly. She heard Blue's voice though she couldn't discern what he was saying. Her heart calmed just a little, he hadn't left yet. She put on jeans, a white long sleeve shirt and an orange short sleeve one over it. She walked out with socks on her feet, she liked the feeling of them as she moved across the floor. As the girl entered the kitchen Zack came forward and pulled her into a light hug.

All at once her body stiffened. Her heart pounded in her ears. She felt somewhat like the cat from the old Pepe Lepew cartoons, trying to wiggle out of the overly friendly skunk's embrace. It wasn't that she disliked Zack, he was a nice enough guy but, the only people the ever hugged her were her parents, not her friends. The sudden contact made her nervous and more uncomfortable that she can remember being. She saw Blue step forward possibly to try and pull the other man away, gently of course. She very obviously shook her head no, she didn't want to make a bigger scene that was already being created by the awkward hug.

Casey was rather quiet in the ensuing chat, trying to distance herself from the embarrassing moment. Her mind was almost flooded with flashbacks to when her father would hold her close, his powerful, steady heartbeat always seemed to calm her down. It made her miss him more.

Blue helped set the table setting the scones next to the pizza. He slyly turned to Casey. "Was I supposed to put them on a cooling rack or something?" he whispered

"They look fine," she said with only a cursory glance, upon closer inspection she saw one that had gotten a little brown. "That one's a little burnt." She continued.

"It's ok, I'll eat that one." The bandanna clad hero said sitting down with Zephyr, Zack, and Casey. Part of it felt like a family meal. This brought back bittersweet memories of his meals with his aunt and uncle, as well as his meals with his foster family. The kids never ate with the parents, always sequestered to their room. Claire, the oldest girl, generally made the meals. It was always something simple, mac and cheese from a box or a large pot of ramen noodles. Blue could recall turning down a few meals to make sure the others got enough to eat.

This time though there was no fear of anyone going hungry. He quickly grabbed a scone, the slightly burnt one, as he promised. He grabbed a slice of pizza, eating it quickly. With it and the scone consumed his promise was fulfilled, he could leave free and clear. He snatched up another slice and rose from the table. His attention was drawn to another chair being pushed out. It was Casey rising with him.

She could see in his eyes, he was going to leave, head out into the world to do what his heart drove him to do. To put his body on the line for people he didn't even know, that could hate him. She was coming with him. No matter what he said, she had resolved in her heart to not leave his side. It was for her own needs, not to keep him safe, she also wanted to start breaking out of her shell to maybe learn some control over her powers. If he wasn't going to do it in the 'Sanctum' then she could learn in the field. Her hands shook a little staring into his piercing brown eyes.

They stayed like that for a long moment, leaning over the table eyes locked. Blue shook his head. Without Zephyr with them, there was no safety net, no one to back Blue up if anything were to happen. He couldn't take that risk, not with the kind of damage she could do. He shook his head again face stern under the bandanna. He was ready to try and talk her out of it to convince her not to but, he'd seen how that'd gone before. He was unsure if he could do it.

As he turned towards the door, he heard Casey rush towards her room, her feet, somewhat muffled by her socks, thudding softly against the floor. "I should go," he said watching her leave. "Got a…a thing to do…elsewhere." He didn't know why he was being so vague, it wasn't like the fact he was a hero was a secret or anything. He hadn't taken his 'mask' off once in the presence of other people, his identity was still secure. He finished off the slice he'd taken as he descended the stairs to the door.

Casey hurried back to her room. If she got changed quick enough she could catch up with Blue. Her heart was now racing, and she was breathing heavily. Her run wasn't that strenuous but, the stress of it all had left her breathless. Furiously she started taking off her civvies, as her father might have called them. Her hurried movements seemed to add time, her heart jumping at each mistake and piece of clothing that got caught. She didn't have time to waste. She'd managed to shed her regular clothes and had gotten the rather drab colored pants on and was part way though getting the shirt on when her arm got caught in the sleeve. She was nearly hyperventilating at this point, a single thought ran though her head.

'Please Blue,' she thought, 'please wait for me.'

Outside the brownstone Blue let out a long breath. Finally he was out, the sun far higher than he would have liked beat down. He inhaled deeply of the air around him. It smelled different here, not dingy or foul as some of the places he'd been. There was a woody scent here, almost intoxicating, almost like Central Park in summer.

Those days he tied his sweater around his waist, the Seattle Kilt, as Zeke called it. A few more breaths and he started moving down the street looking around to try and find the Manhattan skyline that normally dominated his view. He would head that way. That was where most of the crime occurred, at least in his mind. It might be a long walk but, he was nothing if not determined. He only took a few steps when he looked over his shoulder.

He recalled her eyes, Casey's eyes, wide and a piercing blue, almost looking though him. He knew she wanted to follow him, they were a team they should work together. However without Zephyr he didn't think he could handle a situation, and handle Casey. It was too much for one hero. He needed support. A small voice in his mind told him he was being too harsh, Casey knew her weaknesses, she was painfully aware of them. She was smart enough to get out if things got too much for her. She would know what to do, just give her a chance.

He also though of what would happen if he left and she came out in search of him. Would she go back inside or would she go hunting for him. He also couldn't wait forever; his heart was still pulling him towards the city. Closing his eyes he took one last breath.

Five minutes, he'd wait for five minutes, or at least what felt like five minutes. If she didn't come out he'd go about his way. If she did, then he'd have to cross that proverbial bridge when it came.

TAG: Ameteth greyjedi125

Darth_Elu, Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  4. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Bishop Knight
    Triskelion HQ, New York, Mission Room 34 NE

“According to Director Hill, this should be a plum assignment for someone with your qualifications.” However, you could present your objections personally, should you have sustainable concerns.”
    No, no. I'm just nervous. Bishop shifted in his seat as he asked the next question.

What do you know about this Ron Sandoval?

Jocasta, if you please.” The Vision spoke to the A.I.

There was a flicker of light and a three-dimensional projection of a dark-haired man with tan colored skin, dressed in a suit, appeared atop the conference table.

“Agent Ronald Sandoval. Formerly a Law Enforcement with the L.A.P.D, who later became an F.B.I agent, he is now the Deputy Security Chief of the U.N.S.C. He has no criminal record and is known for his ability to ‘profile’ persons of interest, as well as having strong investigative acumen. According to his service records, he has no metahuman abilities. Although he is not a technologies genius, he is savvy and resourceful with what resources he has available. Ambitious to a fault, Sandoval is a man of letters and knows how to wield jurisdictional powers. He’s both a marksman and martial artist.

It is imperative and in the best interest of S.H.I.E.L.D. to have a security presence at the hearing, agent. If you feel more comfortable having immediate support in the form of additional personnel, that can be arranged.”

I don't think I'll need any additional support, but......it may not hurt to have something, just in case.

Bishop wanted to bring up ADAM and use him and this assignment as a test run, but revealing ADAM now could provedisastrouss, but it also could get officially sanctioned as an actual SHIELD project. It would also make upgrading ADAM easier that if he was doing it in secret and secretly diverting resources to the Watch Tower.

Is there a chance I could speak with Director Hill?

TAG: greyjedi125

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  5. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    SHIELD EA HQ, Kenya

The chill soon faded, as the suits systems compensated by warming the gel layer of his under suit, upping his body temperature, while insulating it from the outside world. Thermal signatures were a thing to avoid, especially when dealing with the Unknown, and speaking of the unknown.

Part of his pack about his left shoulder moved up at a seam, revealing a multi-barreled munition launcher, though it didn’t fire. The launcher began to rotate, it’s targeting iris looking around the room, first he got an ambient scan of the room, and while that ran through he’d have it do some more focused scans on certain key things.

The room, was cold, very cold. It seemed AIM had upgraded their suits to deal with the reduced temperature, and there were some unknown particles in the air. His real time feed to DEM’s SIN network sent the data to every field team and back to the ships and the entire SIN Network as a whole. Information comparisons came back in on the particles and nothing was conclusive. A similar result came from the Dodecahedron.

Whatever it was it was emitting a large amount of Electromagnetic Radiation, the patterns suggested it was a computer and the low temperature of the room suggested a pseudo-quantum computer. Not even A.I.M. could replicate an absolute zero environment needed for a true quantum computer but keep temperatures low enough and a highly advanced super computer could run at a reasonable fraction of that.

Then came the drones. Alastor recognized them, to a degree. He’d seen similar drones in Russia, years ago, working on the WASP before he and Tsano stole it and decimated the facility with their own anti-air defenses. These seemed to be a few steps more advanced, modular and adaptive. Nano-technology probably, A.I.M. had been working on it for years, that made them dangerous, but not so dangerous as what came next.

The moment the sensor iris turned towards one of the humanoids a red flag triggered in the L.E.G.I.O.N. subroutine installed in his suit. Statistics and schematics began rolling across his H.U.D. all parts of the old SHIELD database he’d ran off with, but these schematics had A.I.M. written all over and one other word. Super-Adaptoid.

Alastor let out a breath, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up. Onboard the Albion they registered a spike in his heart rate. Alastor lifted his left arm, and tapped away at his OpSat, he sent three commands to HOME. One, authorizing a launch, two simply requesting ‘bunker busters J and L’. He then sent relative positional data of where he was compared to the mechanoids to the Albion and Dusty Trail.

I want every team to prepare for an immediate tactical retreat at a moment’s notice. This has now reached an Omega level threat. On my order the Albion and Dusty Trail will perform a tactical strike of this location regardless of assets on the ground. A.I.M. has gone to far this time, so while you should not venture away from your exfil sites… Kill everyone.”

With that Alastor stepped out into the open walkway and looked up at the overhead catwalks where he saw the AIM agents, he lowered himself down into a sprinters position and then changed forward at the rails, leapt up and sprang up from the rail towards the catwalk. It was time for the Executioner to go to work, and send the ferryman a few new fairs for the evening.

He landed on the catwalk, the bafflers in his suits legs absorbing the impact vibration and reducing it to a muffle. Standing up an equation entered his head, mass, density, air circulation, known chemical compositions of the room, basic nanite-theorem. As he stood up he held out his left arm, down, towards the mechanoid stasis bays.

One by one a dart flew out, tagging the alcove just above each. This task done Alastor turned and looked forward, three AIM agents had just made their round on this catwalk, and were moving into another section. He gripped the 1911 in his right hand, stepped forward after them, raising the weapon slowly. Another pulse went out from his suit, echoing out along the pathways, reminding him where each guard was, and where it was going.

Letting out a deep breath he waited till the guards, and he, where in a room separate from the supposed main concourse, out of clear LOS from the other and then wumph. Two of them. The guards on either side at the front fell, new holes suddenly aerating the back of their heads. The third guard spun, hand going for his weapon as he suddenly found himself staring down the barrel of a .45.

The air shimmered behind it, and as his armor came into view the colouration of it shifted. White, on black, a mechanical skeletoid framework, culminating in a skull motif on his mask, and what seemed to be a bronze Spartan helmet. The guard seemed to recognize the symbolism, as the suppressor pressed against his visor.

“Scream,” Alastor’s voice was distorted, deep and sinister sounding. “And you die. Move, and you die.” Slowly Alastor’s other hand came up, a detonator tight in his grip, thumb over the button. “Do anything that I do not like, and everybody in this facility, becomes dust.” The eye’s on his mask shifted red, and steam seemed to seep from his mouth, as Alastor released a bit of built up CO2 to add to the effect. “Now… tell me what you are doing here.”

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I will work on a post for Isaac later on. :) And apologize for the smallish post. At work atm.

Cameron Giles IC:
    ~Director's Office, Triskelion~

As he approached Director Hill's office, he received numerous updates, especially those he had sent orders on. Things seemed to be well enough for the time being, now it was wait and see. Personnel transfers were also good, he noted the ones from the UK and South Korea, believing he remembered reading about them earlier in the day in more detail. But enough about those for now.
    Coming upon the door he waited for it to finish the security scan and noted that work had resumed on Cerebr-iOS 3 as well. Consider that duly noted.

The door whisked open and the Deputy Director of SHIELD entered, glancing over to see Maria intensely finishing something up at her desk, a finger held up telling him to 'wait'. This was not exactly uncommon. Nor should it be in one sense, he supposed. Still, things had gone out of control as of late and he could only worry for the woman's health. Both mental and physical.

After a few moments, she finished up and leaned against her chair with a wan smile. It held no true joy in it and he knew that expression well.

"Its been a long day, Cameron. Tell me some good news."

He let out a single small, if exasperated, chuckle at the long day comment. He shook his head and shrugged, taking a seat himself for the time being.

"Well, I can tell that Dr. Jane Foster is up to something in the Nevada desert again. Anything she does in such strange fashion usually has some kind of Norse god connected to it somehow, so who knows. Also, those personnel transfers have been completed, so at least we have a bit more manpower around here," another shrug, "It's something."

A pause as he leveled his gaze a bit more seriously at her, though he attempted a wan smile of his own in a sense. Once he had her full attention, he continued.

"And once you give me that mission you teased me about earlier today, I'll make sure to go out there and personally hand deliver some good news for us for a change," he let out a breath as he leaned back in his chair now, "Been quite awhile since I've been in the field. Let me know how I can help."

He didn't quite say 'What can I do for you, Director? You're not looking so good, let me take some of the load off' due to the ethics of professionalism. But, he allowed the hint of wanting to be more help than just what he had been doing leak through in between. Even if he was just as swamped as she was already. This was his duty.

Sith-I-5, Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  7. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: GM approved

---

Name: Callum Hideki (Cal to his friends)
    Codename: Agent Hideki
    Hair: Short, Brown-Black. Closely Cropped
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Height: 5ft 8in
    Weight: 161lbs
    [​IMG]

Likes: Reading (when he has a chance) rock climbing, Coffee, sleeping (again, when he has a chance) playing pool
    Dislikes: HYDRA, Smoking, Liars, Big headedness, Pickles
    Personality: By the book for the most part, but does believe that certain situations requires certain amounts of improvisation. Dry sense of humor, Analytical, Loyal, supportive of allies and friends.
    Appearance: On duty: Standard issue black S.H.I.E.L.D Fatigues, Belt with a holster for his I.C.E.R and pouches for equipment, sturdy field boots, Off duty: Usually a polo shirt, comfy jeans, sneakers, and a jacket if its cold.

Bio: Originally born in the Japanese prefecture of Nara, to his American father and Japanese mother, Callum was only three years old when he moved to the United States. The family set down routes in Denver Colorado, where his father had accepted a contract to lead a large civil engineering project. At 18 he enrolled into the state police academy, and graduated near top of his class. From there he became an officer in the Denver police department.

He served the citizens of Denver for 4 years, until a close encounter with an 0-8-4 brought Callum onto S.H.I.E.L.D’s radar.

His first introduction to the organisation was less than genial, namely after being bundled into a people carrier by men in suits, and whisked off to endure days of interviews and medical testing to ensure “He wasn’t going to sprout another head or worse…” after the near miss with the mysterious object. After being given the all clear, Callum was turned loose, but his time within the organisation had a big impact on the police officer, leaving him with many questions. Callum tried trawling various sources for information about S.H.I.E.L.D, but came up with very little.

Weeks went by and he was on the verge of giving up the search, when one day he was called into his superior’s office at the police HQ. Entering the room, he didn’t come face to face with his boss, but a suited man who introduced himself as a representative from S.H.I.E.L.D. The man had looked through Callum’s personnel file, and after a lengthy sales pitch, stated that S.H.I.E.L.D were looking to increase their ranks of agents, and would like to give Callum a chance to apply.

After some deliberation, Callum finally accepted the offer, and from that day forward his life changed as he started the intense training and testing needed to become a SH.I.E.L.D agent. He made it through every test and assessment they could throw at him, and was officially recognised as an agent. Since then he has dedicated his life to S.H.I.E.L.D.

His history with the police department has equipped him with skills that lend themselves well to being an agent, including the use of firearms investigative skills and tactical driving.

Metahuman ability: N/A – Just an average Joe

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Agents Mary Formal, Liz Merrick
    8th Floor, East Wing, Unit 27, International District, Triskelion, NY

Despite her continuing to drive home the pockets issue, Formal was privately relieved that their liaison was not getting annoyed with, or tired off, them.

She did not know if he would be leaving them after today, and she did not want to leave the man with a bad impression.

Oh, and by the way…” He quickly interjected with a smile. “There are pockets.

"Oh yeah?" She countered, "Wh-"

She stopped, stunned, as his index finger slipped inside a seamless groove that served as a ‘breast pocket’, and did an impression of a top-down windscreen wiper against her areola, before snatching the hand back and indicating two larger pockets just under the ribs.

She inhaled to verbally retaliate at the invasion of personal space, then released the breath and relaxed, silently conceding that she probably would never have found it if he hadn't done that. "Thank you."

She slipped her keycard into her breast pocket and slid her hands down the dress' stretchy fabric till she encountered the discreet faux leather patches, which seemed to be more on her hips than anywhere else. Those were pockets?

In addition, we have several stylish utility belts and all purpose bandoliers you could choose from."

"Oh, I'll have some of that!" Merrick put in. "Got anything like a white stormtrooper belt?"

"I'll go for a utility belt as well. Perhaps something in yellow to contrast nicely with this blue. If you have themes, I'll have the Batman utility belt."

"Besides, altering your uniform is against regulations.” He informed smilingly, then indicated the doorway to the hall. “Alright then, let’s move on to your shiny new office.

The women left their luggage just inside the doorway, and sealed the door behind them.

Formal had been planning to ask when she could carry her Bren Ten automatic in its shoulder rig, but shelved the idea during the walk back to the lift. She had been observing the various personnel since Medical, uniformed and not, and precious few had been packing heat.

The blocky security types at the checkpoints, in their ill-fitting blue uniforms and caps, seemed to be the only ones visibly armed.

Mary followed Chesterfield through the glass barriers of the lobby checkpoint, then turned to check on Liz, who was on the other side, one hand probing into the throat zip of her tunic.

She reached up a hand to cover Arthur's eyes. "You don't need to see this. She's re-arranging things in case we have the same driver." She glanced over it time to see Liz' scowl.

"Yeah, funny haha. The card's slipped inside my tunic."

Formal frowned. "The keycard?"

"Yeah."

The Arcateenian shook her head. "See, that's why you should have gone with the dress. In your situation, all I would have to do is loosen the belt, and let it fall out." She looked up, "Jocasta? Can you just let Agent Merrick through, please."

Negative. Please utilized your personalized keycard for access.

Mary hesitated. She did not know if the AI had access to cameras in order to 'see' things. "Well, the thing is, she cannot actually reach her keycard."

What seems to be the problem, Agent Merrick?

"The card has slipped down inside my uniform. I can't actually get to it without going somewhere to get undressed"

Very well. Please stand next to the security panel for deep scan.

Liz visibly grimaced at the idea. "Yeah, that won't be necessary, Jocasta.

"Translation:" Formal muttered too low for Chesterfield to hear. "**** that." She watched her partner drop her hands to the slight bulge of tummy above the light grey belt, fingers trying to grab at the card through the taut material. She glanced to the pair of taciturn-looking guards. "You guys got a flouroscope that you can attach to the gate sensor?" The device she referred to was a thin, pipe-like, steerable surveillance device that could be pushed under doors, through drilled holes or along ventilation shafts, to spy on people without being detected.

"Yeah, think it through," Liz whispered harshly through the glass, "what would they see?"

Mary sighed, pulled her card out of her breast pocket, and pressed it agains the barrier's sensor, stepping between the opening glass panels, and gently slapping Merrick's hands out of the way as sher stood toe-to-toe with her. "The foresight of the people at The Farm," she muttered, shaking her head as she pulled at the skintight material of Liz' uniform with the thumb and forefinger that had grown muscles from carrying her own keycard, and used the other hand to trace the whereabouts of Liz's one. "We're going to get a reputation if we're not careful-"

"Too late. Andy over there," the telepath glanced meaningfully at the guard on their side of the barrier, "has already cycled through some portmanteaus."

"Some what?" Formal paused, her fingers detecting the hard surface of the keycard against her friend's firm solar plexus. She grasped at it, her fingers sliding over the unyielding material, and glanced up into Merrick's face.

"Portmanteaus. Combined words. At the moment, he's settled on 'Merral'."

"Okay, found the card. Which way do you wanna go, up or down?"

"Pardon?"

"We can go down-" She paused at the snicker from the direction of "Andy", and doggedly carried on, "-actually sod it, I'll go up."

A log on the issue has been filed. The Jocasta AI advised, just as the keycard saw daylight, several moments later.

"Well, you can jolly well un-file it!" Liz snapped over Mary's bent head.

"If I see any of this on Youtube, I am coming after your data centres, Jocasta." It was probably bad form to threaten your host's artificial intelligence, but the Arcan was so annoyed to be interrupting Chesterfield's schedule again - the man had more patience than St Elsewhere - that she was past caring.

Eventually they made it out to the car, the same sedan and driver that they had had earlier, which would have been awkward but for Operation Card Retrieval.

Mary sat in the back next to Liz with lips pursed and arms crossed while the car steered round several corners, and Arthur regaled them with information on where they would be working.

Your office is located in the Metaphysics Building, where metahuman studies are conducted. You are now part of our Paranormal Phenomena Department.” Arthur said, “It does sound somewhat more official than ‘Defense Against the Dark Arts’ or ‘Ministry of Magic’.

She frowned to herself. He had explained on the plane that the term 'metahuman' was another name for a person with super powers, and that it sounded "klasse", or as the English would say "cool".
    But she was troubled by the jobs they were being assigned. Did SHIELD know about E-Branch's anti-vampire activities? Were they aware why she and Liz were here?

The sedan's sharp right turn had her leaning slightly to the left, bumping shoulders with her fellow agent.
    The impact seemed to spur Liz to blurt something that had been on her mind: "She isn't really my Mum, you know!"

Mary rolled her eyes. This again? She raised her gaze to see the driver looking back at her via his mirror. "Yes, I am, and if you take her out, she's to be home by ten. And by home, I don't mean Quinjetting her across the Atlantic back to England, I mean, Unit...dammit, where are we again?"

"8E-27." Liz supplied.

This prompted Arthur to pipe up. “I almost forgot. Here are your communicator headsets and hand-held datapads." He passed a pair of tiny devices that clipped over the ear, between the front seats, and then a pair of rectangular grey tablets with the stylised SHIELD bird stamped into the back. "Activation is fairly intuitive and interactive. You can always ask Jocasta to assist you. The pads already comes with a map and locator, in case you need to get around in a hurry.

"Or forget where we live."

Formal felt her face heat slightly with embarrassment as she brushed hair back to put the earpiece on. Fitted perfectly. She angled the short black rod that contained the microphone, along her cheekbone, and turned to make sure Liz was okay with hers.

She perhaps micro-managed more than she needed to, but ever since Australia, when she'd been assigned to accompany Liz Merrick and Jake Cutter out into the Gibson Desert, probing for their first vampire trace, she had taken on the more protective and maternal role.

Give him his due, Arthur gave a quick demonstration with the datapads once he twigged that neither had the first clue how to turn the things on, but it took Liz balancing her tablet on her knee and tapping delicately at the black screen with a fingernail; Mary biting hers; then Merrick murmuring, "Intuitive, my arse."

He showed them how to operate the devices and join the secure network. “You can browse for additional apps later. Those can be fun.” he added, their blank expressions prompting him to explain what apps were. Inside a moment, they arrived at their destination. Naturally, there was a security checkpoint, and as they had clearly ironed out any hiccups, their entry proceeded without incident. The trio boarded a lift, then disembarking promptly on the third floor.

The white corridors that greeted them were well lit and spacious. Security cameras regarded them from the ceiling and the walls, but Arthur seemed oblivious, as he was enjoying giving the small introductory tour. They passed several large unmarked doors, then finally arrived, after making a right at the end of the corridor. There was a silver chrome plaque on the single door, which simply read: Section 23.

Liz indicated the route they had taken. "Were all those other doors, Sections 1 thru 22?"

After you.” Arthur ignored the question, indicating the security pad. The card and biometric combination would need to be provided by either E-Branch agent.

He looked bemused at their shared bouncy excitement upon getting their eyeballs scanned by a fan of blue light, when leaned down to the security pad.

"This is just like MTAC!" Liz squealed happily, clapping her hands like a seal as she backed aside from the security pad, pronouncing the acronymn as "Em-Tac."

Mary was also grinning. "That's what we should call it!" She turned to look up at Arthur. "You have taught us some of your words, this is one of ours. When you hear us referring to 'MTAC', it'll be this place that we are talking about!"

As they gained entry, entry, the lights flickering on before them, Liz explained that MTAC was the secure communications above the squad room in the show, NCIS. She stopped as the modest sized room was revealed before them. The carpet and furnishing were of a neutral color, contrasting against the white walls. Before them was the far wall, where the vertical blinds were closed at the moment. To the right were the work stations, computers, monitors and filing cabinets, complete with work tables and forensic tools. To the left side of the room was a small conference area, also, a kitchenette was beyond it. A refresher and small sleeping area were last.

"You know, I might even change my codename to 'Agent Todd'."

Recalling him saying on the flight that their office would be windowless, Mary strode straight for the vertical blinds, pulling them aside enough to peer behind them, bracing herself for a square of red brickwork, but pleasantly surprised to find a view of the grounds, green, neatly manicured grass.
    She was tempted to express surporise that they had not cut the SHIELD logo into it, but she didn't want to give them ideas.

Ah…” Arthur said, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply. “I so enjoy the ambiance of a brand new office.

The smile slipped from Mary Formal's face and she crossed quickly to Liz' side and whispered meaningfully into her ear, the telepath nodding as Mary stepped away.

Arthur turned to both of them and opened his arms wide. “How do you like it?

"Fantastic." Liz beamed. "Really great."

"Awesome. Especially after telling us we wouldn't be getting windows!"

Merrick maintained her happy expression. "Speaking of which, are there any poor sods for whom both their accommodation and offices are windowless?"

@greyjedi125

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Gami
    Woodlin Camp, Maine

Looked Like Isaac was willing to go as well. That was good. Mamma Woodlin smiled at them both. “Thank you both. I deeply appreciate your cooperation, I’m too old to make such journeys now…” Momma Woodlin chuckled at Gami and
    Isaac, while Gami looked over curious, but too polite to really ask.“The roadside market is due south, no more than three hours travel by foot, about two at a good canter.”

Wow. That didnt seem to bad a walk at all. Gami has certainly walked more than that by herself. So this should be simple. Or they could certainly hope for a simple walk. Would be good to take a break from the camp. A bird tweeted somewhere, causing the wise woman to gaze in that direction, before looking back. Gami wondered if the woman understood the bird. Momma Woodlin spoke up once more.

“If you need provisions or equipment, please speak to Kim. She will provide them for you. I believe she should be at the foot of the tree house at the moment.” Before Gami could wonder how in the world the woman could know that,
    Momma Woodlin suddenly leaned forward , pretending to look down and past the floor; she then looked-up with an amused look on her face. Gami was looking very confused at the moment. Talking with Momma Woodlin could definitely keep you guessing.

I’ll let you two decide your departure time.” She pointed at them with a crooked finger. “It’s better that way. Remember, you must work together. All three of you.” She gave them a wink and a smile, further confusing Gami.
    Now, if there’s nothing else you should need, my presence is required elsewhere.” Gami simply nodded. She suddenly felt that Momma Woodlin was probably more connected to the land around her, MUCH more than Gami had
    guessed previously. It was kinda like knowing a special secret. Gami smiled and then looked over at Isaac, and then stood up.

"How do you feel about leaving now?" she asked him. After we check with Kim, of course." Gami gave a smile. "We could be back in time for dinner. Or at least, before the sun sets." Gami chuckled softly. "Course, if they have a
    couple of bicycles around here, we could be even faster. If not, it's still not too far away."

Gami lowered her voice, even though she didnt think it really mattered, as she whispered to Isaac. "I do wonder, what she meant about all three of us working together though?" she added with a shrug.

Tag: greyjedi125, Darth_Elu

Ameteth, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Agent Callum Hideki
    Triskelion HQ, New York

It was a good day to be back and return to the routine of work. There were clear skies above and the city was well on its way to recovery. Suits and Collateral Damage ensuing from the brief battle in downtown Manhattan, had been taken care of, now it was time to rebuild.

Agent Hideki’s rock climbing vacation was not only well deserved, it had gone without a hitch. A rare thing indeed. But now, he was back at S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, getting his briefing.

Agent Miranda rounded the table of the briefing room and walked over to greet Callum with a welcoming smile and a handshake. Her graphite color body suit was spotless, as was her office.

“Welcome back, Agent Hideki…” she said in greeting. “I trust you had an enjoyable vacation. Please sit anywhere you’d like.”

The briefing room was standard size, so about six to eight seats were available around the table.

“We have been busy in your absence; by now you might have heard of the now infamous Anti-SRA demonstrations. Not our brightest day, that, and all the fallout resulting from the Latverian Cataclysm."

The female agent offered a tight smile and a slight shake of her head.

Agent Miranda sat across from Callum and called up a virtual keyboard, followed by a monitor. They all shimmered into view. As she continued speaking, she also typed.

“I’m sending you what updates you will need to your data pad, and bringing you up to speed.”

Outside her window, several Helicarriers could be seen slowly coming in to port.

"Before we go on to your mission, have you any questions for me? Would you like some coffee or tea?”

Agent Miranda maintained a pleasant air about her, yet officious. She was a career agent who maintained good habits in the work place. It was the golden standard.

Tag: @Jedi_padawan_leigh

11. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Agent Callum Hideki
    Triskelion HQ, New York

His vacation had been a welcome break. Having experienced some of the best climbing routes in the Yosemite National Park, hiking the trails and camping under the stars, the unplugged nature of his trip had been just what Callum had needed to refresh and refocus his mind. No tech (save an emergency radio) cooking on a camping stove, it felt a million miles away from the sleek, somewhat clinical and tech filled S.H.I.E.L.D base.

Despite this, the agent was glad to be back. His first stop upon his return to the Triskelion H.Q was the office of Agent Miranda. Earlier that morning, a message had pinged up on his internal email, requesting his attendance to a mission briefing. Clad in his regulation S.H.I.E.L.D fatigues, he walked the hallways towards the office complex. He passed a few of his colleagues as he walked the halls, a few nodding in acknowledgement or giving brief salutations as they made their way to their designated work areas.

Reaching the office, he entered the room. Agent Miranda smiled as she greeted him, Reaching out to shake his hand. Callum accepted her handshake and acknowledged his fellow agent with a respectful nod of his head. Miranda was a highly admired and professional agent, and everything about her and her surroundings affirmed it. From the spotless uniform she wore to her neat and orderly office.

“Welcome back, Agent Hideki…” she said in greeting. “I trust you had an enjoyable vacation. Please sit anywhere you’d like.”

Callum moved towards the closest chair, pulling it out from the table before lowering himself into it. He placed his datapad on the desk in front of him and rested his forearms atop the table surface, his fingers laced together. His eyes followed Agent Miranda’s pristine form as she rounded the other side of the table

“We have been busy in your absence; by now you might have heard of the now infamous Anti-SRA demonstrations. Not our brightest day, that, and all the fallout resulting from the Latverian Cataclysm."

The respected agent said with a shake of her head as she took a seat across from him. Callum's gaze was then drawn to the holographic interface, which shimmered into life in front of him.

“I’m sending you what updates you will need to your data pad, and bringing you up to speed.”

Miranda added as she continued to type on her virtual keyboard. At the mention of the demonstrations and the cataclysm, Callum nodded solemnly. The first he had heard of the increasingly volatile SRA demonstrations had been when he was sat in a small diner, a pitstop for some lunch before he made his way to the airport to catch his flight back to New York..

The news had been playing on an old CRT television affixed to the wall. Scan lines had rolled up the screen rhythmically, but the images and sound were clear enough to understand. People were holding placards adorned with words such as Scum, Disease and freak, while the other side retorted, chanting words such as freedom, acceptance and meta rights. The unrest was spreading as the two sides, pro and anti registration, fought to shout the loudest to get their voices heard. The effects of the cataclysm had been catastrophic, and the fact that after a year the event, the effects were still being felt, it made people angry, nervous, and untrusting, especially towards the meta-humans who bore the brunt of the blame. Hence the Super-Human Registration Act being proposed created and subsequently accepted into law. The situation was causing a melting pot and it would only be a matter of time before it bubbled over.

He was pulled out of his thoughts as Miranda addressed him again. "Before we go on to your mission, have you any questions for me? Would you like some coffee or tea?”

“Yeah, a coffee would be good, thanks” He replied with a grateful nod. Glancing down at the datapad, the screen blinked and a loading bar had started to rapidly fill up as the data uploaded to the handheld device. He cleared his throat lightly. “How have things been here?”

12. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    IC: Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Sanctum Sanctorum, NYC

There was a good reason why Pizza parlors were so popular in New York City, few things could compare with the instant gratification that only a good slice of pizza made to order could bring.

Zephyr indulged in the simple joy of savoring his favorite slice in good company, he was quite content in making this moment last as long as possible.

He waited for his friend Zack to come to the table and join them, obviously something on the computer monitor had caught his attention and he seemed to linger a bit, probably speed-reading through a science article.

Zephyr chuckled to himself as he imagined his good friend’s comic discomfort when faced with all the questions he was about to drill him with, concerning this shy ‘Hermione’ intern. In the back of his head, he couldn’t help but wonder if Emily was new to the city like Casey and possibly as socially conservative. The little awkward moment was just a testament of how differently city folk interacted with each other in contrast to those who were recent transplants.
    Moreover, he was quite grateful that nothing more had come of it and the moment faded into memory without much ado.

The mood was congenial and the scones went oddly well with the pizza. But being the observant type, Zephyr noticed that Zack was beginning to frown and he seemed to have become totally engrossed with whatever it was that had caught his attention.

‘Hmmm, looks like Zack’s nose for trouble may have struck again, maybe I should…’

Before he could finish the thought, Zephyr’s attention was caught by Blue rising from the table, followed by Casey, followed by Zephyr’s eyebrow arching in a quizzical expression, one made famous by Mr.Spock.

‘Oh…wow…this was unexpected.’

For a few moments the two youths appeared like silent monoliths in some otherwordly farscape, standing unmoving, eyes interlocked in wordless communication. One could imagine invisible energies flowing from each one in some unseen trade off.

Zephyr decided that it was best for these two to work things out.

He could feel Blue’s calm determination and Casey’s rising defiance.
    Blue shook his head then turned to leave and Casey instantly bolted to her room. It was clear from her expression that she wasn’t going in there to cry in defeat.

"I should go," the Bandana hero said as he marched out the door. "Got a…a thing to do…elsewhere."

“Sure thing buddy, have a good one.” Zephyr replied conversationally as if to complete a scripted scene, Blue exiting like some enigmatic anime hero.

This was all happening a little too fast and it was almost taking a surreal quality. Zack was probably too focused on the computer monitor to realize what was going on in the room, which was probably for the best.

However, a simple scan indicated that Casey was getting ready to go after Blue, thus this called for some quick thinking.

Zephyr brushed aside a slight tinge of frustration, he would have rather a meeting where things could be explained before an outing, where everyone could be on the same page as far as codes and alternate meeting places and key points about being a group and travelling together, or if they were separated.

‘Think, think, think…’ He needed to find a way to keep in touch. The quickest solution was to give Casey the spare commo-watch that he kept in his office.
    The gadget was the one of the latest tech items for the monied consumers. More advanced than a phone-watch and netsurfer; this elegant model was purchased not for ostentatious reasons, but for a good cause;The Fantastic Four Foundation was donating the proceeds to displaced victims of the Latverian Cataclysm.

‘Yes, if they have this with them, I can find them and rejoin them later’ a bit of relief settled upon him as the possible solution came to his mind.
    Still chewing on his last bit of pizza, Zephyr’s silver blue eyes flashed briefly as he manifested his abilities. Downstairs in his office, the commo-watch flew silently from the desk drawer where it rested.The watch face came to life with digital information ending with just the time, displayed in soft blue numbers, the gadget landed soundlessly on the French style foyer table.

A further scan revealed that Blue was outside; thankfully he was still within range. The bandana hero was facing in the direction that would get him to the heart of the city, he was standing still but his center of gravity was shifted slightly forward, he was ready to continue on his way.

“Hey Casey!” Zephyr called out loud and clear.

“If you are also stepping out, please grab the Fone-watch that’s on the foyer table, just in case you need to call me while you’re out there…” His voice was calm and yet carrying a tone of urgency.

“My number is on speed dial one. Did you get that?”

Hopefully Casey had heard his instructions over the tumult in her room, her response or lack there of, would prompt him to repeat his words when she made her way out.

With a small sigh, the raven-haired host regarded the table where everyone was sitting comfortably mere moments ago.

‘Maybe next time we can hold that pose a little longer’ He thought with a rueful smile.

Reaching the computer station, Zephyr positions himself to obstruct Zacks view of the hallway and Casey’s room, just in case the precaution is needed and to avoid any possible additional complications.

“Umm…Zack, you haven’t touched your pizza…”
    A bit of concern and curiosity etched in his voice.

“Now, what could you be reading to make you do that?”
    Zephyr’s silver blue eyes searched the computer monitor for the answer.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @galactic-vagabond422

13. Twelve3Feven

Twelve3Feven Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2016
    Niman Morris
    -New Orleans

His eyes shifted up as soon as what his uncle would have called a "glass of milk" walked into the restaurant. She was shapely, in a teasing white dress, and conversed with the host as if she was at all lost about where he was. A passerby would likely say it would be too presumptuous for him to think this woman was here for him. It probably was, but you can't help your training and upbringing. Niman licked cocktail sauce from his thumb before biting his thumb in a twisted grin as the woman came closer to his table. When she stopped, she asked if the seat was taken.

"I doubt it would dissuade you even if I told you it was." He joked before taking a sip of water. Business meetings were way too formal in today's society. They should be more like this. In a place of his choosing with good food and a good looking woman. He made a note to have this possibly be his modus operandi in the future. Rubbing his bracelets before opening his palms in a welcoming manner, Niman smirked and said "I see you didn't have too much trouble finding the place. Normally I'm more aloof than my business associates and private partners seem to care for."

This woman wasn't dangerous in the classical, primitive sense, at least Niman did not think so. She could have him killed no doubt and obviously track his comings and goings with little to nothing to go off of. But that did not mean she was dangerous; that meant she was resourceful. Her capacity to be dangerous was far more overwhelming than just his life he began to surmise.

"What type of meeting is this? Sometimes it determines what's the best thing to drink."

Tag: Greyjedi

greyjedi125, Ameteth and Darth_Elu like this.
  14. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Blueline & Casey
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

Casey eventually got dressed finally figuring out the shirt. She took a few breaths finally trying to settle her heart again. She was tying her scarf around her waist when Zephyr's voice sounded through the door.

"Hey Casey!" She gasps surprised by the sudden calling of her name. "If you are also stepping out, please grab the Fone-watch that’s on the foyer table, just in case you need to call me while you’re out there…" She took a few more breaths, she needed to get it together. This was not the time to get skittish, "My number is on speed dial one. Did you get that?"

She swallowed hard feeling her hands starting to shake. "Ye…Yeah." She called out in response. She stepped to the door, hand hovering over the knob. She could do this, just step out this door, then the next and then go with Blue. Simple, he'd keep her safe out there, just like he promised. Zephyr would back them up they had a life line to him, the watch. They'd still be together and together they were strong.

Yet why did she hesitate. All she had to do was turn the knob and leave. She was already dressed, scarf around her waist, hoodie zipped up over it. She was Aegis, wasn't she? A hero just like Blueline. Her hand still shook, recalling the moment she first turned. The crimson rivulet running down her thumb, the overwhelming fear that took hold over her, her chest was so tight she could barely breathe. Her legs, arms, hands all were frozen in place just staring at the blood dripping from her wounded digit.

Then hands suddenly touched her shoulders, her body snapped around the back of her hand hitting something along the way. That something was her mother, concern written over her face. A little voice inside screamed that they were sorry but, the fear roared drowning out the little voice. Her muscles felt filled with strength and she felt a weight settle across her shoulders. All her body saw in front of her was a threat, a threat that needed to be gone.

As her hands reached out, her mind cried out to stop but, her body wasn't listening, it was driven by fear. Casey dug her fingers into her own bloods shoulders and threw them away from her. A resounding shatter echoed in her mind breaking the spell, bringing her back to the present, standing in front of a door.

She couldn't control it, when she turned, she wasn't the one in control it was her fear. Slowly she felt her will slipping away. Once so determined to never let Blue go from her side she began to wonder, to fall back on her old way of thinking. She was still a monster, she could still harm someone. She recalled the feeling of Blue's rib snapping under her knuckles. Again she wasn't in control, what would happen is she switched out there. Became that beast and hurt Blue, or…or worse.

No, no, she could contain it. With him there she could be stronger, she would be stronger. She had to learn control somehow and she believed she could keep it under control. Yet her hand still shook over the knob. If she harmed her own mother what would she do out there, out in the world that was openly hostile. The pinging of the detector rang off the inside of her skull. The chants of the crowd, the objects they threw at her, she could still feel them hitting her. Was she really ready to face it again?

She took a breath stepping back from the door. Her heart was pounding, it's drumbeat ringing in her ears. Was she terrified of the outside world, or did she dread losing control and hurting someone. Both were frightening outcomes, both could have serious consequences if things went wrong.

"This is not a game." Blue's voice growled from the not too distance past. Maybe it was too soon. Maybe she should wait, maybe this hesitation was a sign, to hold back. She looked around her room, her clothes scattered about, she found her gaze falling on the exercise room, or at least where it should be in relation to her room. She chewed her lip a little still questioning what to do, still so unsure, still so afraid. If she never tried how could she ever come to control her powers, that's what she said in the foyer, that was her reasoning for following Blue.

Well it wasn't only that, she needed him close, she needed his strength, as evidenced by her hesitation, and unsure footing. However Zephyr was still here, and so willing to help. Could they do it, could they at least start maybe somewhere safe, a place where no one would get hurt, where she could be stopped if she lost control? Slowly she changed out of her Aegis costume. She folded in up carefully setting it on the dresser with great reverence. She rushed into wearing it, rushed into wanting to be out there.

One day she could wear it with pride, one day she would be the shield she wanted to be. Just not today. She put on a pair of shorts and an orange short sleeved shirt. Stepping out of her room she brushed away the beads of sweat that formed on her forehead as she delved into the depths of her mind. She reentered the dining room and leaned in close to Zephyr.

"Maybe…" she started, whispering so that Zack didn't hear, "after lunch, we could go…train." Her voice was shaking nervousness, "You know, upstairs." She gestured up to the gym with her head.

Outside Blue leaned against a nearby tree breathing calmly, he promised to wait, and wait he did. Things seemed peaceful here, quiet, far more so than they were normally for him. With each second that passed his muscles tightened growing in frustration. His heart thumped against his ribs he'd waited long enough, if she was going to come she would have already.

Letting out a breath, he turned and walked towards the city. Finally getting back to what he was made for.

TAG:Ameteth, greyjedi125

greyjedi125, Ameteth and Darth_Elu like this.
  15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    SGC 28.57^3
    Transia Mountain Path

“Who’s there!?” Erasmus demanded, his voice growing tremulous. The eerie moans grew louder. He was tired and all he could do was lean and grab onto the tree trunk as much as he could.

Barsali winced in silence and cursed himself for forgetting such a simple detail. Everyone was able to see him signal for quiet, with the exception of the blind man. Slowly and still crouched, he began to inch his way towards Erasmus. He had to protect and defend him, not just him, all of them as a matter of fact.

To his left, Harman remained crouching. Barsali paused briefly and signaled for him to ‘go around’, then added, ‘be careful’. The young tracker nodded affirmatively, his expression serious, and began to back away into the fog until he faded from view.

SGC was just able to see the Ranger and the Tracker, before the latter disappeared from view, as if swallowed up by the fog. Barsali was low, his dark hair barely visible now as he moved ever so silently. Erasmus was the closest, just a few steps away from him. He leaned against the tree and also swiveled his own head, but not to see, but to listen.

A silhouette appeared then, shambling through the fog. It had the form of a soldier. A mournful moan escaped from it head, which was awkwardly angled atop its shoulders. It moved with a halting gate as it trudged towards Erasmus.

SGC could not be certain if the Ranger would be able to act in time to assist his amic, or even if he’d even perceived the threat. The tracker was not in sight, but what was certain, was that he could act, despite the other nearby moans from unseen sources he could only guess.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Bishop Knight
    Triskelion HQ, NY. Mission Room 34 NE

Patiently, The Vision listened to Agent Bishop Knight. The man was well qualified for the mission, as far as his technical skills were concerned. If nothing else, he should have been confident and eager, but instead, the man seemed nervous, which was unexpected. What could be the cause?

“Is there a change I could speak with Director Hill?” Agent Knight inquired.

“She’s in a meeting at the moment, but I will request that she see you next.” The synthezoid said with assurance.

The Vision straightened his posture on his seat as he continued.

“is there anything else you would like to know or share, before we move on?”

He offered the agent an amiable smile, encouraging him to feel at ease.

Tag: @E. L.Knight

Agent Callum Hideki
    Triskelion HQ, Agent Miranda’s Office

Agent Lucía Miranda graciously poured herself and Agent Hideki respective cups of coffee.

“There you go agent.” She said with a small smile, as she handed him the filled cup and dish from her exquisite china set. With practiced elegance, she lifted the cup, enjoyed the aroma before drinking, then took a sip.

“ah…”

It was the small pleasures in life.

“How have things been here?” Agent Hideki had asked.

Agent Miranda placed her cup down with a faint, yet audible ‘clink’.

“Too be honest, it has been hectic all around.” She confessed. Her posture was relaxed, but there still remained a hint of tension on her brow.

“You could say, we have gradually grown so dependent on the intervention of super powered heroes, that it shows.” Agent Miranda’s lips tightened at the painful admission. “That, and the world has changed a great deal, with super powered villains threatening the well being of common folks and all. It’s been quite a daunting task keeping up.”

A soft sigh escaped her then.

“But we’ve managed to keep apace, though we strive to stay ahead of the curve. That’s quite a tall order, wouldn’t you agree?” Her light brown eyes found Hideki’s for a brief moment.

“Still, Director Hill is managing to strike a fragile balance in a world without heroes, something Director Fury has not had the pleasure to contend with, if you take my meaning. In a way, S.H.I.E.L.D. is more relevant than it’s ever been, and Director Hill needs us at our very best.”

Agent Miranda reached for her cup and took another, much needed sip.

“I trust you are ready to do your part?”

A soft ping was heard then, announcing that Hideki’s datapad had completed its upload.

Tag: @Jedi_padawan_leigh

Niman Morris
    New Orleans, Louisiana

Ghost Fox smiled softly as her contact greeted her.

“I doubt it would dissuade you, even if I told you it was.”

Her smiled widened in amusement at his clever statement, as she waited a moment. A passing waiter noticed her and pulled out her chair for her. “Thank you.” she mouthed at him.

Ghost Fox gracefully sat herself, placing her white clutch bag on the table and crossing her legs with the precise movements of a dancer. With a simple glance, she was able to glean all that Niman carried on his person. His bracelets seemed harmless enough. She acknowledge his welcoming gesture with a soft nod.

“So kind…” She commented in response.

"I see you didn't have too much trouble finding the place. Normally I'm more aloof than my business associates and private partners seem to care for."

“We all have our screening process, no?” Ghost Fox gave Niman a playful wink, then flagged down the same waiter who was standing close enough for such an eventuality.

"What type of meeting is this? Sometimes it determines what's the best thing to drink."

“Drink whatever pleases you the most.” She answered, her smile intoxicating an inviting. The waiter stood ready to take their order.

“Please, be my guest.”

Tag: @Twelve3Feven

Alastor Zingari
    S.H.I.E.L.D. EA HQ, Kenya

Alastor Zingari; a man who has lead many lives and has seen many things. He’s been a mercenary, has been enrolled in Xavier’s School for the Gifted, has worked for S.H.I.E.L.D, fought Skrull Invaders, and has even died in the line of duty- at least on paper. Were he to write a memoir, it is quite likely that very few would believe him. That would in no way, make those passages untrue. Still, one would think he had done enough, yet, here he was, writing another chapter.

With the expertise of one who was clearly an Elite Commando, Alastor neutralized several threats in a space of seconds. Two AIM guards never knew what hit them. The holes in the back of their helmets spoke for themselves.

A third guard found himself looking down the barrel of a weapon placed directly against his visor. There was shimmer and skull motif was revealed emblazoned upon a helmet. It was a recognizable symbol.

A distorted voice spoke then. “Scream and you die. Move and you die. Do anything that I do not like, and everybody in this facility becomes dust.” On his other hand, Alastor brought up the detonator he held.

The eyes on the mask shifted red as it breathed out steam.

“Now…tell me what you are doing here.”

The AIM guard raised his hand, then stammered, trying to find words. Nothing coherent or intelligible was spoken as he stood in place and blathered.

Alastor had indeed broken line of sight.

Two of the drones transformed to attack-mode and dashed towards the location of the intruder. A silent alarm was issued and visual confirmation was acquired. Two other drones quickly flitted about, sensors sweeping vast swaths on that side of the lab, even as other drones and scientists continued their work, some making adjustments to their tasks.

Far and on the other side of the complex, a voice frantically barked orders.
    Somewhere, a small whine began and a circle of light started coalescing in response. A door whooshed open.

The AIM guard continued to stammer, even as the drones neared, soon to round the corner.

Tag: @Kahn_Iceay

Agents Mary Formal & Liz Merrick
    Triskelion HQ, New York

At this point, Arthur did not have to wonder who would soon become the queens of ‘Happy Hour’. Not after witnessing the keycard retrieval between Agents Mary and Liz. The local King and Queen at Dugan’s Tavern were likely to get some competition.

One of the things he liked about being a Liaison Officer, was the part where you learned from your contacts. Certain things could not be gleaned from textbooks or seminars.

“This is just like MTAC!” Agent Merrick declared excitedly. Agent Formal quickly shared in Merrick’s jubilation. “That’s what we should call it.”

“When you hear us referring to ‘MTAC’, it’ll be this place that we are talking about!”

“That’s great. MTAC it is.” Arthur agreed with thumbs up.

As the trio progressed, it dawned on Agent Chesterfield that both E-Branch agents must spend a lot of time watching shows. The referenced heavily from such material, most of which he was peripherally aware of…except, he had no idea who was this…Batman whom they had mentioned.

Overall, it seemed that the girls were quite pleased with their new office.

“Fantastic.: Liz beamed. “really great.”

“Awesome. Especially after telling us we wouldn’t be getting windows!”

Arthur chuckled and shrugged. It was surprising to hear Agent Formal remember that detail, but forget where her quarters were housed.

Liz continued. “Speaking of which, are there any poor sods for whom both their accommodation and offices are windowless?”

[You have a visitor, Agents.] Jocasta suddenly announced.

A red haired man, quite possibly in his late twenties or early thirties walked in the room. He wore a shield uniform under his white lab coat, and seemed quite athletically built underneath it all. His green eyes regarded the trio for a moment, before his serious expression softened a bit.

“Perhaps so…” He said, answering the question. “But that needn’t be a concern, or at least I hope not.”

“Ah, you must be Dr. Redstone.” Arthur surmised.

“That I am.”

Arthur turned to both Liz and Mary as he gestured to the newcomer.

“Dr. Redstone has been assigned as your immediate supervisor. He is quite the expert in your field of expertise.” The liaison officer moved to one side as to give the red haired man an unobstructed view of his new colleagues.

“Pardon the intrusion, I was passing by and decided to meet you both, quite ahead of schedule. Welcome to META.”

A faint smile graced his lips, though framed by a five o clock shadow. His arms remained inside his lab coat as he took a few steps into the room.

“Let me know if there’s anything I can do to make you feel at home.” He added, in an attempt to offset the awkward moment he had unintentionally created.

Tag: @Sith-I-5

Blueline, Casey & Zephyr
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

Zack was vaguely aware of everything going around him at the moment. Computer screens were his weakness. He was always drawn to see what they revealed.

“Umm..Zack, you haven’t touched your pizza…” He heard Zephyr say from somewhere close.

“Uh..yeah, be right there.” Zack responded, almost absently.

“Now, what could you be reading to make you do that.?”

Zephyr was there in a few steps, his silver eyes now also scanning the monitor.
    Zack was vaguely aware of the continuing conversation Zephyr was having with his new ‘roommates’. Such banter was perfectly normal and expected.

His blue eyes moved from left to right in almost a mechanical fashion as he silently read. The welcome page had its headline updater refreshing the news constantly.

Guardian Angels accept metahumans in their ranks. Do you feel safer?

Metas in demonstration snafu to be charged.

Proposal: Super human cops. Do we need them? How much more in taxes do we have to pay for safety?

Poll: More infants being tested for X-gene.

Story: My cousin is a mutant!

A case for integration: Soho Auditorium

Zack’s brows furrowed as he shook his head. “Why make a mountain…” he murmured.

Outside, a different scene took place.

After much soul searching and deliberation, Casey finally opted to stay and not follow Blueline on his present mission. It was perhaps a wise decision, to first seek training under ‘controlled conditions’.

On the other hand, the young hero that was Blueline, was in dire need for ‘fresh air’. Doing what he did best helped him think things through, to see clearly. At first he had no conscious direction as to where he would go, he just needed to go somewhere else.

Perhaps it would come as no surprise that he found himself across the street from the soup kitchen Sal and Vic frequented. Blu had not seen his former companions for many, many days.

Thought time for breakfast was past, at least these streets were familiar to him, he knew them and they knew him. These were his old grounds, where the sounds, sights, scents and people recognized one another. From here, Blue could decide to go ten steps and see a familiar face.

Ernesto’s Bodega was just two blocks down. That was a good a place as any to start.

Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422

Maria Hill & Cameron Giles
    Director’s Office, Triskelion HQ, NY

Maria raised an eyebrow at the mention of Dr. Jane Foster. She had agreed to have eyes on Dr. Foster, and this update was partial justification, though she could not entirely agree with Cameron’s assessment on this one.

Back there during the demonstration, she had really hoped it was Tony in that armored suit. That turns out to be a costly mistake. Now, she could not allow herself to believe in the return of a certain thunder god, unless she saw it with her own two eyes, despite the update she had just received.

“Then, let us hope your suspicions are correct.” She said plainly.

The news of new personnel was always welcomed, of course. The recruitment arm of SHIELD certainly had its hands full.

Maria did noticed Cameron’s sobering expression, to which she interlaced her fingers and placed her elbows on the handles of her chair as she leaned back. She nodded, bidding him to continue.

“…once you give me that mission you teased me about earlier today, I'll make sure to go out there and personally hand deliver some good news for us for a change," Cameron let out a breath as he leaned back in his chair now, "Been quite awhile since I've been in the field. Let me know how I can help."

Maria watched him for a moment, staying silent, her own expression ‘sobering’.

“It will be dangerous.” She intoned casually. She hadn’t said anything he didn’t already know.

“The heroes are missing, Cameron. The burning question is, where are the villains?”

Maria’s eyes narrowed.

“They have not vanished.” The acting director slowly shook her head. “If only that were true.” She said with a scoff.

“They are up to something, something BIG.” Maria’s lips tightened as she held back a grimace. “That attack at the demonstration, that seemed like some kind of tentative test. Where did Lash disappear to? Who else is working with him? Our interrogators can’t seem to get anything conclusive out of Daken, and our resident telepaths find his mind overwhelming vile and convoluted to navigate without critically risking themselves. We already had a minor incident, but that’s neither here or there…”

A sigh escaped her then. Maria closed her eyes for a moment, centering.

“I need answers, Cameron. The UNSC sends its lap dog to bark up my office and threaten my position…” Maria could not help letting out an incredulous chuckle at the outrageous memory. “This all cannot, is not, coincidence.”

“We need that Vanguard yesterday. I can assign The Vision to spearhead that project if that will help expedite its formation.”

A priority beep flashed on her desk. Maria took a quick look and smiled faintly.

“I guess he will live a long time.” Pleased at she was, Maria did not waste time as she quickly depressed a confirmation button, then returned to the conversation at hand.

Hellfire Club, Brotherhood of Evil, Mr. Sinister, we need to know who and we need to know before they strike again.”

As was her custom, she paused for a moment, allowing the information to sink in before forging ahead.

“As you well know, information travels fast among certain circles. Despite the level of urgency, we might be better served if we start at the bottom, given lack of intel. There’s a local group you might be able to infiltrate and perhaps extrapolate information from, under the right circumstances, which we can ‘arrange’.”

“How familiar are you with the Morlocks?”

Tag: @Darth_Elu

Nevada Desert

Both vehicles travelled clockwise as they sped, doing their best to match the speed of the stormy winds. The burgundy colored 4-wheel Drive vehicle belonging to Dr. Jane Foster was ahead, speeding upon the desert surface and seemingly heedless of everything else.

The SHIELD vehicle was in pursuit. It was actually gaining on Dr. Foster, since it was a vehicle of superior make.

Above them, dark clouds churned and twisted. Arcs of lightning streaked here and there, as the funnel ever so slowly began to form.

[Dr. Foster! Please clear the area. It’s too dangerous! Dr. Foster!!]

The SHIELD vehicle’s loud-speaker might as well be turned off. The winds roared and Dr. Foster didn’t seem to be listening. Still, the agents were tasked with bringing the scientist back to safety. Conditions outside her vehicle were a dangerous hazard to all involved. The SHIELD driver noticed it first.

The black vehicle was shaking and they almost swerved. He was having difficulty steering. It wasn’t the vehicle, it was the ground. Looking in the rear view mirror, he saw a sight that his mind could not at first understand. A large tidal wave of earth was gaining on them.

“What the…..”

The driver floored the accelerator, but it didn’t seem to do much good. So focused were they on the tidal wave behind them, that they failed to see the ramp that appeared ahead of them. Their vehicle raced up the ramp at full speed and was launched high into the air, just to come crashing down nearly fifty meters ahead.

The SHIELD vehicle crashed with a terrible crunching sound, then fell on its side. Nothing moved afterwards.

Dr. Foster’s vehicle was hit by the dissipating crash of the wave, which caused her car to flip end over end. The vehicle rolled a few times then came to a stop upside down. As with the SHIELD vehicle, nothing and no one moved for the time being.

The winds raged on and the funnel began to form with greater speed.

At ground level, three figures were seen approaching.

Avalanche, The Blob and Moonstone.

“Remember what we practiced.” The blonde villainess clad in metallic silver and gold said with a purr.

“This ought to be fun.” Avalanche quipped enthusiastically.

“Ole goldilocks is getting one heck of a welcome party.” The Blob added for good measure.

TBC

16. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    EA HQ, Kenya

Alastor was about to press the gun forward, and coerce the guard to actually say something, when his suit’s sensors went off. The drones. He immediately tried raising the drop pod he’d authorized launched moments ago, but the distance was still too great, and even the tight band transmitter wasn’t strong enough to establish a dedicated datastream for what he needed. “Well… Good news is, you didn’t do anything to get yourself killed.”

He pulled the trigger, and the inside of the visor filled with red as the guard slumped backwards at an uncomfortable angle and collapsed. “Bad news is, your security system did.” Turning, the seam around his collar opened, and a stream of metallic fabric bellowed out from it, cascading around him from shoulders down in a cloak of hexigons. As the drones rounded the corner, one fired off a shot, that easily dissipated off the cloak.

“Have you ever wondered, what would happen, if you introduced a large temperature spike to a highly regulated server environment?” Thumbing the detonator in hand the darts along the alcoves he’d placed earlier lit up, and then erupted. Nitramene, it had become a well-adapted tool ever since Alastor stole the plans when he left SHIELD. It was easy to produce with sufficient equipment, and placed a burden on groups like the Watchdogs, due to their love of it.

And the best part?

It was so very difficult to fortify against. Inertial dampening technology did wonders, wonders to stop explosions, kinetic impacts, ballistic rounds. Nitramene was different, much like thermite was an explosive that burned and ate away like an acid rather than simply exploding, Nitramene worked differently. Rather than exploding, Nitramen creates a void, a negative space where once it and it’s immediate area existed, the result, was a collapsing effect akin to that of a dense gravity well. The end result?

The air began to rush past Alastor as he stiffened his stance, and his boots maglocked to the surface he was on. The three corpses behind him got picked up in the rush, slamming into the drones and sending them all careening into the collapsing void as the Nitramene pulled in the alcoves and the adaptoids into a compressed space. Could it destroy them? That was unknown, especially if they were nanite based. But would it take them a very, very, very long time to eat through several hundred tons of super compressed material? Oh yes, “Physics my dear Advanced Idea Mechanics.” He thought to himself, “can be a real ****.

As the wind began to die down, and the nullspace effect subsided Alastor stepped out into the door way, and looked out into a gutted cavernous sphere, and a smaller solid one, of all the compressed matter tumbling down into the exposed dirt below, and making another crater due to its mass. Letting out a breath, Alastor turned on his suits exterior comms and rolled his shoulders.

“Dear Advanced Idea Mechanics, you know who we are, you know what we do, and you know what’s coming.” Looking up at the dodecahedron that was not pulsing more erratically now that it’s nice closed system was being exposed to the less than stellar world outside. “So you might as well go ahead, and kiss your asses goodbye."

--- --- ---

The Indian Ocean

Inside the CIC of the Albion the crew watched in shocked silence as the events played through from Alastor’s heads-up-display. The signal degraded significantly, during the detonation, but returned smoothly once it was done, but with an added featured. In the upper left, three words appeared in red. EM Launch Authorized.

Twenty six years, not since operation Desert Storm had ships of the line, Battlecruisers and Battleships fired guns at shore in anger. Now, two and a half decades later, two ships, re-built hulks from the Second World War, the naval contemporaries of one Steve Rogers, upgraded and refit for a modern era brought their guns online. In trained unison, they swerved, in total six five-inch and three eight-inch linear acceleration naval cannons.

And then there was a shattering boom.

--- --- ---

Back at the Facility, Alastor stood, and waited, knowing more drones would come, and knowing he was being watched. “So… I’m going to give you guys a choice… you can actually surrender… or you can come out here and let me put you down in as least a painful way as possible.” The texture of his suit shifted again, to a stealth black with purple highlights around the helmet’s eyes. “Either way… this ends here.”

Tag: greyjedi125, though at this point he knows that cause I always run these by him first XD

greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Isaac Angakkuq IC:
    ~Woodlin Camp, Maine~

The Inuit smiled as Momma Woodlin thanked them for their cooperation and chuckled. He was happy to help, whether things were simple or not. To see this woman glad of the assistance made him more so.

"The roadside market is due south, no more than three hours travel by foot, about two at a good canter."

Isaac nodded and took in the information quietly at first. It was a bit of a walk then, but not bad at all. At least the distance part truly was simple. Gami seemed to have a partially surprised expression for just a moment. Probably thought it'd be further, which Isaac had to be honest, he did as well.

"If you need provisions or equipment, please speak to Kim. She will provide them for you. I believe she should be at the foot of the tree house at the moment." This comment was followed by the somewhat comical act of Momma Woodlin pretending to look through the floor to confirm Kim's location. Though, with things being as peculiar as they had been recently…he nearly wondered if she could.

"I'll let you two decide your departure time." She pointed at them with a crooked finger. "It's better that way. Remember, you must work together. All three of you. Now, if there's nothing else you should need, my presence is required elsewhere."

With that part wink and a smile, it was a clear signal to get moving. He sat where he was for a quiet moment, taking in her words. There was some kind of hidden wisdom or meaning there. Not just that they needed to work together, though that was the 'obvious' words to focus in on. What had caught his attention, for some reason, was that them deciding their own departure time was better. It could be something. It could be nothing. Either way, it held some kind of meaning or another, whether basic or more profound. In the end, he mentally shook it off and noticed Gami looking over at him.

Standing up a few seconds after her and beginning to move away from the room along side her, he listened as she spoke up.

"How do you feel about leaving now? After we check with Kim, of course." She gave a pretty smile. "We could be back in time for dinner. Or at least, before the sun sets. Course, if they ave a couple of bicycles around here, we could be even faster. If not, it's still not too far away."

"I get the feeling walking is our best option, even if it makes us take longer. Not sure why," he shrugged, "But sure. I don't see why we can't head out now. We'll have to pack for about six hours of travel. So snacks and maybe some food set aside for at least one meal just incase we are delayed a little. As well as…" He trailed off in thought, some of the 'Old Ways' kicking in from his childhood.

He may live in the United States now, but he was still Inuit. And he was raised in the 'Old Ways'. Isaac had lived long enough in cities to get used to them, preferred it even, but being back in the area of the Woodlin Camp had brought about a bit of his Old Ways again. The countryside did that to you.

Hunting equipment, not a lot. Just a few personal basics and perhaps his fishing rod for good measure. Didn't want to overdo incase things went well and it was just a quick trip relatively speaking. But you needed to plan for anything. And when in an area that had more open spaces and woods like theirs, the idea of somehow getting lost or being forced into the areas of nature for prolonged periods must be on your mind.

Yes, this was likely paranoid and overkill for their day and age…but again. He was raised in the Old Ways and they were never quiet.

<Nor should they be.> Firefly.

He tuned in again as Gami lowered her void as they walked. What was this about?

"I do wonder, what she meant about all three of us working together thought?"

Smiling, he gave a little nod. "You're right, it does seem odd she'd make a point about that. Notice how she was a bit vague about it being simple too? Lets meet Kim and make sure we're well prepared, just incase something funny happens. I'm guessing after the incident with SHIELD, the neighboring Camps might be recklessly stirred up or something." He gave a shrug of his own before giving Gami his own wink.

"Only one way to find out."

<Tink, lead the way!>

<Of course…and just a warning, Inuksuk. You're officially asking for it.>

<Hahaha. I know, just couldn't help myself.>

As they moved about the treehouse toward where Kim was, he couldn't help but give a distant looking smile at his mental conversation.

Tag: Ktala greyjedi125

Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Agent Callum Hideki
    Triskelion HQ, Agent Miranda’s Office

Callum accepted the china cup and plate from Agent Miranda and took a small mouthful of the coffee, albeit not as elegantly as his colleague. Sometimes the mess halls offerings within the Triskelion left something to be desired, but at least S.H.I.E.L.D did good coffee. As he did so, he listened to Lucia’s answer to his question, giving the woman his full attention. He had overheard bits and pieces since returning to the base, but it was always good to hear it confirmed from a superior.

“Too be honest, it has been hectic all around.”

Miranda elaborated on the metahuman situation. Metahumans, Mutants, Super heroes, Powered People, Inhumans, No matter what their designation, Callum was in no doubt that these extraordinary individuals would have a part to play in the future, For better…or for worse. And S.H.I.E.L.D had to be ready for it. Miranda took another sip from her cup before addressing him once more.

“I trust you are ready to do your part?”

“Yes ma’am” he affirmed with an air of serious determination. A soft ping drew his attentions down to the datapad, the upload now complete. Draining the last of his coffee from the cup, he set it to the side and picked up the personal device. The S.H.I.E.L.D logo spun on screen briefly, before the uploaded data started populating the screen. Straightening up in the chair, his dark eyes settled back on Agent Miranda, his demeanour indicating that the former police officer was now officially in “work mode”

“So, You have some mission details for me?”

19. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    OOC: The boards seem to want to make the email addresses links regardless of what I do, they're fake (i hope), don't click them

IC: William D. Hughes
    UNATCO-MHQ-2401 Knight Errant
    Quin-Jet Hangar 3, Triskellion, SHIELD HQ

Hughes stood gazing out a window, onto the wide cityscape of Montreal. He wasn’t really there, the Mobile HQ he stood in wasn’t actually flying, but smart screen and holographic technology had come quite a way recently, it almost felt like home. His, real home. The original one, not the cityscape he saw today.

Letting out a sigh he put a cigarette to his lips and took a draw, closing his eyes, letting the flavors and sensations roll over him, a moment of voluntary heightened awareness. So heightened, he felt the EM field of the holo-display on his desk before the display itself actually lit up. Snuffing the cigarette, he reverted to a frown, and turned back to his desk, because work it seemed would not give him a moments respite.

Settling down into his chair he reached out and tapped the activation button on the display and leaned back as the console sprang to life. It was a message, and automated one.

United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition Priority Transmission 098631B-1 Encryption Code: Red Public Key: file/ Dawn Calamity/
    To: HUGHES, WILLIAM D. UNACTO SPECIAL AGENT
    SUBJECT: NOTIFICATION REQUEST WH-39622
    This message is being transmitted automatically to inform you that the UNSC Class 9 Classified file Hughes, William D. Dossier has been accessed using the specified ports and routes you requested notifications from. As requested access was not blocked and modified file was successfully downloaded by third party, including all associated sub-folders, and files.

This has been an automated message via DoNotReply@UNATCO.UN.ORG, mailbox is un-monitored, replies will be deleted.

Thank you

“So, the A.I. Took the bait… To be expected, they don’t build them like used to, not yet anyway.” Reaching down into a cabinet attached to his desk Hughes pulled out a glass and a liquor decanter, and poured himself a very generous portion of the amber coloured substance contained within. “Well, Director Hill,” he held up the glass in mock toast, to an empty room. “Here’s to light reading… and false pretenses.”

Tag: GJ

20. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Bishop Knight
    Triskelion HQ, NY. Mission Room 34 NE

“She’s in a meeting at the moment, but I will request that she see you next.” The Vision said with a measure of calm and assurance.

Bishop knew, just from The Visions' reaction, that he could sense something was amiss. It had been said that The Vision was in possession of an almost precognizance. Bishop wanted to do tests upon tests with his own ghosting just to see what he could learn.

“Is there anything else you would like to know or share before we move on?”

Bishop was most definitely not going to tell the Avenger before him about his abilities, ADAM, or the fact that Bishop also held a secret that only Nick Fury, ADAM, and Jocasta knew.

I think it would be best if I spoke to Director Hill privately about my reservations.

(Won't let me tag for some reason)

Ameteth, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Agents Mary Formal, Liz Merrick
    Location: MTAC (nee Section 23, 3rd Floor, Metaphysics Building, International District(?), Triskelion, NY

The girls were delighted that Arthur Chesterfield had thumbed up their re-naming of their new workplace as MTAC.

That’s great. MTAC it is.” He said.

Liz and Mary decided to shelve until an actual mission, should one occur whilst they were here, to respectively re-visit the matter of the Englishwoman's new codename, and the Arcateenian's [gun] carry permit.
    It looked like they would be starting out as researchers or analysts; backroom staff.

To be fair, most of the work in an intelligence agency was backroom stuff. They could hardly be sent home till something happened that required their particular Talents.

Arthur chuckled and shrugged at the windows comment.

"Speaking of which, are there any poor sods for whom both their accommodation and offices are windowless?" Liz had asked, as prompted by her team-mate, but not tried a telepathic probe, as Arthur had mentioned on the plane that this was against S.H.I.E.L.D. statutes.

She herself disliked using her Talent on fellow psi-powered individuals, and while she had no evidence that Chesterfield was so endowed, she did not want to risk it on the off-chance.
    They had been given communicator headsets, datapads, and computer access both here and at the residence; there were other avenues to try first.

You have a visitor, Agents. Jocasta suddenly announced, her artificially melodic voice filling the office.

Liz looked up with a twinge of unease. It would be wise to remember that that ***** was constantly monitoring them.

A red haired man, who did not seem that much older than her own twenty-six years, certainly no more than a decade, entered through the still open door as they turned to face it.
    Her gaze was drawn to the vertical slash of navy blue that betrayed the presence of a one-piece SHIELD uniform under his white lab coat. His green eyes regarded them, before his serious expression softened a bit.

Perhaps so…” He said, answering her question. “But that needn’t be a concern, or at least I hope not.

Ah, you must be Dr. Redstone.” Arthur surmised.

That I am.

Arthur turned to both Liz and Mary as he gestured to the newcomer. “Dr. Redstone has been assigned as your immediate supervisor. He is quite the expert in your field of expertise.” The liaison officer moved to one side as to give the red haired man an unobstructed view of his new colleagues.

Liz waved and smiled, good-naturedly. "Dr Redstone. Agent Liz Merrick."

"Doctor." Mary nodded a greeting. "Agent Mary Formal."

Pardon the intrusion, I was passing by and decided to meet you both, quite ahead of schedule. Welcome to META.

Formal nodded to her colleague, "Well, now that you have META," and tapped her own blue chest, "and now that you have met me...".

She let the pun hang, watching a faint smile grace his lips, though framed by a five o clock shadow. His arms remained inside his lab coat as he took a few steps into the room.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to make you feel at home.” He added, in an attempt to offset the awkward moment he had unintentionally created by ignoring her attempt to break the ice.

The Arcateenian has a serious response to that, but paused as she followed Redstone's gaze down to Liz, and the telepath's back to the good doctor's muscle-defined torso. Had she not just got that driver's number?

What, do you have a fetish for men in tight blue onesies? She wondered quietly, then waved dismissively at her partner. "Oh for pity's sake; just bring her back by ten."

A startled-looking Merrick looked up. "What? No!"

"Eleven?"

Liz pointed at Redstone. "His suit zip-" She pressed her lips together and stepped round the back of Chesterfield to cup a hand over the blonde woman's left ear, "His suit zip goes all the way down to his belt. I'm thinking that uniform design would be easier for me to work with, in case I have to, y'know, ever get through a security checkpoint again."

Realising what Liz was referring back to Operation Card Recovery, Formal's gaze flicked down to her friend's chest, which impossibly, looked even flatter than normal. In the interests of scientific discovery, of course, she tapped it experimentally with a bent knuckle, detecting a plasticky sound through the stretched cobalt-coloured fabric. "Datapad?"

"Yep."

Mary shook her head. "You need help." Looking up at Redstone. "Well Doc', Agent Merrick wants to swap clothes with you."

"Well, I wouldn't put it that way." The brunette blushed round her scowl. "His tailor will do fine."

"And for me, so we are all on the same page, what have you been told about our field of expertise?"

22. Twelve3Feven

Twelve3Feven Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2016
    Niman Morris
    -New Orleans

"In that case, I'll have a tea and lemonade. Half and half."

The waiter smiled and nodded before taking the mysterious woman's order and turning away and walking off. Sometimes, in the movies mainly, criminals would have long, exasperated dinners or luncheons to discuss their business dealings. This was not really what happened. Well not with Niman. He normally would be reached out to in some subtle or unnoticeable way like a blog post or news article on the Times (Niman wasn't a Post type of person) that would include 50-100 words that Niman's trusted contacts had dispersed through various criminal underworlds. It may seem like any numerous word combination would attract his systems' analysis. But in the english language, most languages actually, there's only a small number of words that make up the majority of what is written down.

Basically, Niman had done his research and had figured out ways to protect his ass.

And it helped to have NSA analysts looking to make money on the side to pay off those frustrating college debts.

He had even had a pigeon sent to the Eiffel Tower on a stuffy summer evening to get his attention. But contacting him directly was as close to a violating an amendment to his personal constitution as one could get. When it first happened, he had not figured out what his feelings on the violation were. It felt wrong and admittedly he had panicked, but now that he had spent some time recovering and was sitting across from the violator herself.... he was calm. Maybe even more than calm. He was feeling his confident usual self. Sure this woman was powerful and confident in her own right, but Niman had been in worse situations with worse threats. He raised his eyebrows and leaned forward slightly with a teethy grin.

"How about we..." He ran his fingertips over his goatee. "Skip the main course, and get to why we're here? I have a train to catch."

Sith-I-5, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: SGC 28.57^3
    Transia Mountain Path

Who’s there!?” Erasmus demanded, his voice growing tremulous. The eerie moans grew louder. SGC looked back at his amic in abject horror, he was trying to learn to be stealthy from these gypsy humans and allowed them to .

Barsali slowly and still crouched began to move his way towards Erasmus. SGC did not know what to make of this but watch with mandibles wide in concern and wonder. Whatever was making noise was something they apparently wanted to avoid, yet now it was increasing in volume. So it was getting closer. This was not good.

Harman remained crouching as did SGC. Barsali paused briefly in his moving and did some hand motions to which the other gypsy human nodded before backing away into the fog fading from view. As the mists diffusing nature to the light by which they saw the world so scrambled any light bouncing back off of the person or those making those noises that surely should be in view by now otherwise was scattered to indeterminable levels.

Barsali was low, his dark hair barely visible now as he moved ever so silently. Erasmus was the closest, just a few steps away from SGC. He leaned against the tree and also swiveled his own head, but not to see, but to listen still. All was calm besides the moaning, and like a perfect moment of trepidation it seemed to drag on into the realms of time in unreasonably slow rates.

A silhouette appeared then, shambling through the fog. It had the form and markings SGC had come to associate with those of a soldier. A mournful moan escaped from it head, which was awkwardly angled atop its shoulders. It moved with a halting gate as it trudged towards Erasmus, toward his amic.

SGC could not be certain whether the Ranger would be able to defend his amic, or even if he’d even perceived the threat. They as well as he had forgotten to contact his amic in the time of silence. It was up to him. He had defend his friend. He could not crouch by and do nothing and see a horror knowing he could of done something. He felt the scabbard still beneath his hand, but it was not the anything that could do anything. Raising an empty hand SGC pulled at that wonderful energy that infused his very being, despite the other nearby moans from unseen sources he could only guess. He had to push. Fingers splaying rapidly as though the action was within them and not his mind, not within the chest of the soldier. He tried no finesse, he simply pushed as hard as he could to send the soldier flying. To send it away.

Darth_Elu, Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  24. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    IC: Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Sanctum Sanctorum, NYC

Zephyr exhaled audibly as a great deal of tension left his person upon seeing Casey entering the living room. He was thoroughly relieved that the young lady had opted to stay instead of running after Blueline.

In the back of his mind he made a mental note of the difficulties and challenges that were going to become a daily part of his life. Keeping a secret identity from his good friend Zack was not going to be easy, the necessary deception was going to be one of the most difficult tasks to maintain and a possible source of stress.

Casey staying behind allowed him to clear his mind of uncertainties and erase a growing feeling of dread. It would have been hard to remain casual and conversational with Zack while worrying about what possible dangers Blue and Casey may have run into, or if his presence was needed.

Casey came to stand next to Zephyr; his eyes searched her face to possibly glean what she was thinking.

"Maybe…" she started, whispering so that Zack didn't hear, "after lunch, we could go…train." Her voice was shaking with nervousness, "You know, upstairs." She gestured up to the gym with her head.

The raven haired meta peered deep into Casey’s eyes, he wanted to see if the girl who would be ‘Aegis’ was ready to commit. Even though her voice was tremulous, her words did communicate a need to get started, to finally embark on the road of self-discovery.

Zephyr wasn’t sure what the outcome of the training would yield, he had high hopes, but he was certain that the very attempt at mastering her talents would leave Casey on a much better position than before.
    He knew this from personal experience for he was now enjoying the relative peace of mind that could only come from having gone down that path. This was a test for him also, to put into action his desire and willingness to help other metas, the time to make things happen had arrived.

“Alright, after lunch then.” He whispered back, with a nod and a small quick smile.

Having settled that matter with Casey, Zephyr scanned the outside perimeter with his abilities and discovered that Blueline had moved away beyond the range of detection. The bandana hero had been very adamant about returning to his routine of helping people in need, he had been away from the scene a few days and there was no telling if anyone had suffered because of it. There was nothing to it but to wish and hope for Blueline’s safe return.

Peering at the computer monitor, Zephyr’s own brow furrowed as he read the headlines from the webpage displayed on the screen. As he scanned the various titles and links, it became evident that the media was doing its best to bring undue attention to the subject of metas; ‘Super cops’, babies being tested for the X-gene, the charging of metas for demonstration snafu? That sounded like scapegoating. There had been lots of non-metas being belligerent and they were not in the spotlight.
    He did wonder however, what names would be mentioned in the article, would he find mention of Wall or Petra? That headline seemed worth looking at, thus he made a mental note to have a look.

‘The Guardian Angels accepting metahumans in their ranks’?
    He had to read that twice.

You would think that such a thing was a sign of progress, but in the present climate, it was almost inevitable to have SHIELD involvement in such affairs; doubtlessly, those metas would need to be registered.

Zephyr’s heart skipped a beat when he read the ‘confessional’ style headline, ‘My Cousin is a Mutant!’ the tone of it bothered him. It had the feel of a gossip piece and the sensationalist exclamation mark of click bait. What was the point of a piece like that, was it to encourage people to expose suspected or unregistered metas?
    A sense of distaste rose within his chest as he imagined the invitation to ‘share’ one’s own story at the end of the article and the ‘helpful’ contact information where one could confidentially report anyone who seemed suspicious.

The only thing that seemed somewhat reasonable was the headline that read ‘A case for integration: Soho Auditorium’. It was possible that some good could come out of such an event. It was also possible that things could get out of hand, given the volatility of the subject matter, passions seemed to run high on both sides of the argument.
    This also sounded like the kind of public forum that Zack might attend.

‘Is he planning to go to this gathering?’ Zephyr thought while giving his friend a sidelong glance.

Would there be a guest speaker? Would there be security present? Surely pro and anti registration supporters would be in attendance, and most likely a few ridiculous two-bit scientists with ‘X-gene’ detectors as well.

“Most of these seem like senseless click bait to me.” Zephyr declared nonchalantly.

“What about this one, the Soho Auditorium one?” He asked his friend Zack.

“Do you think that there’s any merit to it, or is it just more nonsense?”

Zephyr’s eyes narrowed as he stood back and folded his arms as he waited for his friend to click on the link, his focus mostly on the computer screen.
    He was discovering that the superheroing business was more complicated than what he could have imagined, and he needed to be equal to the task. Blue had said that it was not a game and Zephyr was beginning to see how ‘validation’ in the way of personally doing some good could be important; in the face of all the travail and obstacles, seeing people make it to the light at the end of the tunnel made it all worth it.

Their journey was just beginning, and it wasn’t going to be a bed of roses.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @galactic-vagabond422

25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Casey
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

She stood there in silence her blue eyes locked with Zephyr's silver. A bit of tension began to well up in her, had she said something wrong? Did Zephyr fear her too, just like Blue? She searched his face looking for any tell of what he was thinking, his feelings on the matter.

"Alright, after lunch then." He said with nod and a smile. She let out the breath she'd been holding, and her heart was still fluttering. She had no idea what the training would entail, she'd seen Blue using a punching bag before but, she doubted that's what she'd be doing. She needed to learn control, how to suppress her fear, or at the very least her change. So far she'd been able to keep it under wraps but, it still lurked. Always right beneath her skin, she'd had a few close calls, the nearest of which was Zeke's hug.

She didn't want to think about what she could have done to him if she had turned, become that monster. That's why she needed to figure this thing out. If she blew up over a simple hug or a small cut on her hand, she couldn't live with what she could do. She needed to start somewhere, so she'd start here, in a stranger's home in a city that scared her more than anyone could know.

She looked to the computer screen that seemed to hold both Zephyr and Zack's attention. A list of news headlines, what drew her eye was,

'Metas in demonstration snafu to be charged'

SNAFU, she knew this word, an acronym actually. One of her father's coworkers, brothers in arms more exactly explained it to her. Situation Normal, All #^&@ Up. Her mother was scandalized when she heard a gruff…Frist Sergeant Casey believed his rank was… using such foul language around her daughter. The same First Sergeant taught the girl another military acronym FUBAR, #^&@ Up Beyond All Recognition. That was a suitable turn of phrase for her life right now. Living in a house with two men she met only a few days ago in a city she never visited before and now was trying to control powers she didn't fully understand much less knew why she had them.

The headline also made her think of what could have happened to her if she'd stayed in that crowd, would she had been rounded up and charged? Also brought to mind the conversations the group had about helping the people that helped them. Something they'd failed to do, they drug their heels on that one. Another thing that was FUBAR'd. Now those people were most likely in a jail cell somewhere.

She screwed her eyes shut for just a moment recalling the strong woman in the leather jacket knocking the man with the device out with a single punch.

"Most of these seem like senseless click bait to me." Zephyr spoke breaking her out of her memories, "What about this one, the Soho Auditorium one?" she looked to the list again,

'A case for integration: Soho Auditorium'

She was a little confused as to where this Soho was, though she remembered hearing something about it in an old song once. The bigger question was, could integration happen? Could she be integrated into society? Right now she just felt like a walking time bomb, a danger to everyone and everything. The very thought of it made her worry. Were there more like her, dangers that could appear at any moment.

No, she had to get away from that, she wasn't a monster, she could control this…maybe. She had to at least try.

"Do you think that there’s any merit to it, or is it just more nonsense?" Zephyr asked finally.

A silence took over the room, and Casey stood a little nervous, hands clasped in front of her. She rocked a little on her heels until finally deciding to step forward. The silence was getting unbearable.

"Let's find out." She said as she moved the mouse to click on the possible 'Clickbait'.

IC:Blueline
    Streets of New York City, New York

Blue took another deep breath, feeling the tension release from his shoulders. Casey still weighted on his mind, what should he do? Every fiber of his heart said that she needed to be kept from the world, for her safety and the world's. But, was that right keeping her hidden, locked up like a criminal? His mind told him it wasn't her fault she was like this, no more than Blue chose to have his powers.

There was a small part of him, no matter how much he denied it, that told him to let her out, to let her decide for herself. That it was near criminal to keep her imprisoned. He could see it in her eyes when she fought against him, when she stood up to him. She had the will to do this, had the grit. What she lacked, in his far from professional opinion, was control. There had been many times that Blue, carried by a rage he held deep inside, had come so very close from crossing 'the line'. That line being a very bold black one called Murder. He may have killed someone before but, that was a past life, something he was working on putting behind him.

When he committed himself to being a hero, to don the bandanna and take up the name 'Blueline' he swore to never kill again. No matter how evil, no matter how vile, no matter how deranged, he swore he'd never kill another person. He was not an executioner, he was a protector, a defender of the weak.

That promise didn't change the person he was inside, a boy that has had everything and everyone taken away from him by a world that hates and fears him. At his best he was a selfless hero, putting his body on the line for others, at his worse, he was an uncompromising man that lets his hate and rage control him directing his fire at those he had deemed unworthy to walk this earth.

His hands tighten as he took a deep breath. His fists relax, as he exhaled, letting go of the emotions welling up inside him. He had to remind himself that he was a hero now, not some angsty teen that hates the world. Still moving forward he closed his eyes, locking away the angry demon that dwelled inside him. This was why he feared letting Casey out into the world. Because he knew about losing control, and how hard it was to listen to you better angels. It was hard for him and he never felt like he was a prisoner in his own body.

Lock it away, time to be the hero you're meant to be.

A smile creeped across his face, as he looked up. The tension had fully released from his shoulders, and the sun was shining down on him. A perfect day for some crime fighting. Looking around he noticed he was back in his old neighborhood, if you could call it that. He saw the soup kitchen, where this madness first started, and if he recalled there was a bodega, just two blocks down.

Ernesto’s, that was the place. The owner always criticized Blue on his pronunciation saying he sounded like a Gringo, or Azulgo as Ernesto called him most times. Blue wasn't never sure if it was an insult or a term of endearment but, Ernesto smiled as he said it so it was all in good fun, hopefully.

Well with nowhere else to go he might as well start there, see if he's heard anything. Maybe he knows something about the riot, or most likely the local goings on, or 'hotspots' in the area. Places were crimes had been reported or were likely to happen.

Blue could really do with something to do right now, if only to get his mind off whatever was happening back at the Sanctum.

TAG: Ameteth greyjedi125

Darth_Elu, greyjedi125 and Ameteth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.