main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Marvel Heroes: Resurgence

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Blueline & Casey
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

"You ask me ‘Why do all this?’" Zephyr said after a bit of a pause, "…Well, the answer is pretty simple. It’s because I trust you both." Blue could see that the other man was serious. He trusted the two people he met mere moments ago. It was a funny thing Blue thought, wasn't a lack of trust the reason the SRA existed. The Government or the normal people didn't trust metas to use their gifts reasonably. They had a point, many did use their powers for ill but, for every Doom there was a Richards, for every Skull there was a Cap, for every Octopus there was a Spider. Every villain that had appeared had their counter, the person that stopped them, that balanced them out. Blue wondered what villain he existed to stop, what darkness he was meant to balance.

"At every point you have shown…better yet, proven, that you are individuals that know empathy and compassion, people who really care." A slight snort came from Blue's nostrils, was he really that obvious. Yeah he cared about people and wanted to keep them safe. Zeke always said his good heart shined though the rough exterior, no matter how hard he'd try and hide it. "Just right now, Blue, you gave Casey hope by showing your support, by pledging your company and time to help her, you said ‘Together’." Blue and Casey share a look, her right hand was still around her father's dog tags the other lay close to the handcuffs that hang from Blue's right wrist, he could feel the subtle heat of her hand near his. "Simply put," Zephyr continued as they returned their attention to him "selfish people don’t do this, and even less so, people with ill intent."

"Casey…" Casey looked a little surprised her wide blue eyes looking into his. There was an air of gentleness in his face that put her at ease. "You are constantly doing everything within you too keep everyone safe from your abilities." Her gaze broke from his, he reminded her of what she felt she was, a ticking time bomb. "It looks like it takes effort, this struggle doesn’t give you much time to smile or relax. I can only imagine that a person who actively cares for others would contemplate going on like this on a daily basis. Your life would probably be very different if you didn’t care about consequences." She'd never thought of that, just not caring about her powers. Just giving into the fear she felt and letting herself remain that monster she becomes. It would be easier, she wouldn't have to worry all the time, she wouldn't have to keep her guard up constantly, ever vigilant for the warning signs that she was about to turn. Although it would make her life easier, she could live with herself, with what she would do in that state. Her head full of these thoughts she looked to the floor.

"I believe we are all strangers to each other…or rather, were strangers when we first met. I’m not conceited enough to believe that you both are putting on an act for some nefarious scheme." Blue nodded his head, this would be a long way to go for a con. He gritted his teeth at that word. The hero didn't hate many things in this world but, he detested conmen. He couldn't stand how they hurt people, playing with their emotions stringing them along with a pretty smile and honeyed words, he wondered how they lived with themselves. Deep down, in a place he doesn't talk about, he believed that people like that, had no heart, no soul, were something less than human. "What could you possibly want with me?" Zephyr added with a wink.

"I do know that Blue and I want the same thing…to help people, to show the SRA fools that metas and non-metas can work together." He hadn't really thought of it that way. Blue was just planning to ignore the law. While that didn't necessarily square with being a hero, it's what felt right. However maybe that was what he was trying to do, and Zephyr just put the words to his feeling. "I think that working together to safely escape the chaos of the riot was a prime example and a start." Blue looked away, leaving the rally still didn't sit well with him, hopefully soon he could make up for that. "I know people left as they saw us leave, many followed and used our trajectory. I felt their bodies turn and saw their faces follow. In a small way we may have saved some lives, just as much as some were lost today." His head lifted, he'd been so worried about Casey and the people getting hurt to notice anyone following him.

"So why do I do this? Because I’m serious about wanting to help my fellow humans, meta and non-meta. Because I trust you, and because I think we can help each other." Blue was a little puzzled on the how they could help each other. Zephyr seemed to have resources, ability, and the will to do this work, his words more or less proved it, he was a hero, just like Blue. A selfless person that puts others before himself, despite the surroundings part of Blue knew that if it was to save someone Zephyr would give all of this up.

Pausing to take a sip of water Blue let this all sink in, then he was hit with more as Zephyr handed back the bandanna Blue had given him. "Blue, I don’t need to know your birth-name to trust you or work with you, your actions speak for themselves. You’d make a fine teammate if we ever decided to work together" A team, the young hero had never worked with anyone else, he was always alone. That didn't mean he was opposed to the idea, just that it might take some getting used to for him. "That was some good looking out and you managed to make me feel safe, just like you do with Casey." He gave a look to Casey next to him, then back to Zephyr. He'd never really thought much about it, it was all instinct to him. He was just doing what he felt was right at the time. Part of him was proud and also embarrassed that he didn't think about what he was doing.

"And Casey," She turned her attention back to Zephyr, it getting a little lost in the light music being played while Zephyr spoke to Blue, "is one of the bravest persons that I’ve ever met. I don’t think I was this brave years ago, before receiving some training." She looked away blushing a little, as quickly as it rose, her embarrassment faded, replaced with doubt. Was she being brave, she just felt like she was hiding, hiding behind Blue, from her powers, from what she'd done. She clutched the dog tags tighter.

'Time to be brave Casey' she thought to herself as she asked her question, still just a little nervous about speaking. "So uh…you grow up here?"

There was a long pause before Zephyr spoke again, Casey worried she'd crossed a line or something. “No, not really," He finally said bringing another cautious and controlled smile to her face, "I’ve lived in NYC on and off for a few years at a time. Plus I got this place about five years ago. My official apartment is by Union Square, my parent visit me there, not here, hehe!" Her eyes widen, he was just full of surprises, if this was his getaway place, what did his official apartment look like. Part of her wanted to see it just once but, she feared going back to Union Square, to the place where the riot broke out. He leaned back again, getting comfortable in the bean bag chair,

"I lived kinda everywhere to be honest, everywhere and nowhere. Always away from people, mostly alone, with the exception of…tutors and doctors, day in and day out; it was a strange existence." It might have been strange but, it was something Casey felt she wanted. To be in a place far removed from people, a solitary existence were nothing could hurt her, and she couldn't hurt anyone. She wanted to ask where these places were, and if he could get her there. I mean he obviously had the money, and he said he wanted to help. She looked to Blue, it would also make things easier on him as well. He could return to his daily life, without having to worry about her. Her heart pained her a little at leaving him. He'd been so kind, the first person to reach out a hand, to promise to protect her. Would he follow her into exile, like some sort of Decembrist…Friend, no she couldn't ask that of him, even though she desperately wanted to.

"You see, I was…um…a special needs child." The way he said it with air quotes made Casey a little curious, what did he mean by that, was there something different about him? "And I couldn’t be around people, especially kids my own age, it was all because of health reasons." Casey squished her face looking at him, trying to see if she could pick up on what was wrong or off about him, could it be…her mind trailed off for a bit.

Blue picked up on what Zephyr was trying to communicate, and he felt like a fool. Zephyr had told him that Zack didn't know about Zephyr's gift and here Blue was on the edge of mentioning it without a second thought. A sharp breath left his nose, a subtle curse against himself, for being so forgetful.

"But I’m better now" their host said switching back to his happier demeanor, "thank goodness, and I can eat pizza with the best of them, hehehe!" There was something in the way he laughed that put the girl at ease, it was a little out of place with the rest of him, most of his words seem chosen carefully except for when he called Blue Dude or tried to apologize for the lack of games for younger players, something that Casey had let slide mainly because she was unsure how to broach the subject politely. "Did you both travel very far to get to this City, you are staying for a while right?"

A weight settled on both of them, the weight of their pasts. Blue's was older, a slightly more healed wound but, this wasn't one he could just get over. The reason he ended up in this city the reason he left the house that took him in, he'd killed a man. He felt his fist clench remembering how it felt. His knuckles were cut and broken those healed quickly but, the blood didn't disappear. The warm liquid cooled on his hands. Looking at the man he'd just beaten, he couldn't see any movement. In the present his throat clamped shut recalling the bitter bile that rose in the back of his mouth at the realization of what he'd done.

Casey couldn't even look at either man. The pain of what she'd done still fresh in her mind was thrown to the front. The light glinting off the knife as it broke her skin the fear that gripped her heart as the red fluid dripped from her finger. Her mother came up behind her, and just lightly put her hand on her daughter's shoulder. Casey snapped grabbing her mother by the shoulders.

CRACK, she forced the memory away, not wanting to relive that again. She didn't even realize that tears had fallen from her eyes.

Blue and Casey look at each other once again, seeing the pain in each other's eyes, the pain of the past. They both took several deep breaths, their hands moved closer, clasping together without a thought. Through that connection they could almost feel the anguish they shared. In that moment, Blue never wanted to let go, he'd never felt something like this. It wasn't like when he held Allison's hand, this was different. This was a connection of a shared experience of doing something they could never take back, something they would carry with them, always.

They broke their gaze but, didn't release each other's hands. A few more moments of silence before Blue finally spoke up. "Uh…it wasn't too far for me," He tightened his grip on Casey's hand using it to support him, "Just a bit of a walk." It was longer than that but, he was so consumed by his guilt he hadn't realized how far he'd gone, how far he'd run. "And I've been in this city for…" he thought about it for a moment, "three years, yeah that sounds about right." He didn't mention that this was the first year he'd been without Zeke. His best friend was not a topic for discussion, not yet, the wound still needed time to at least scab over.

Casey was a little taken aback, he'd been here that long, was that what gave him so much confidence, his experience? With one hand clenched around her protector's and the other around the dog tags, holding them as if a shield over her heart, the words left her mouth, "I had to take a train, and I had planned on finding a way out west, maybe the desert, some place devoid of people. I don't do well in crowds." She didn't mention her running out of money for another train nor getting lost in the city and ending up at that rally turned riot.

Blue looked to Zack, then back to Zephyr. The other man wanted to protect his friend, keep him insulated from all the troubles that seem to follow metahumans. Although Zack seemed the first to defend them, it would probably please Zephyr if his friend wasn't drawn into this any further than he had already been.

"Zephyr," Blue started, "How's about we," he pointed with his index finger to Zephyr then to himself, and by extension Casey, "Take a look at that gym." He was trying to communicate that the 'We' he was referring to were the metas in the room, not the one normal who may know too much already.

TAG: Ameteth greyjedi125

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Ruppert fforbes-Hamilton
    Sunnyvale House, Maryland

Elijah gritted his teeth, then clenched his jaw as pain shot through him once again. Although Ms. Clementine meant to help him along, he did not put any weight on her whatsoever. She was much too frail to be of any help, as far as propping him up, but she was exceedingly helpful in other ways.

A sound caught the large man’s ears and he turned his head to listen. He bid his helper to stop a moment.

“Get your backside in here, Soldier, and set yourself to rights. There's enough idle gossip going around this place already, without adding to it! Have the lady fetch you a complete, top to toe, change from your quarters.”

It was the english man. Rupert.

Elijah snorted. Who in tarnation did this man think he was, talking to him like that. Certainly not his drill Sergeant!

Elijah was about to order the english man to return to his own quarters, when another sound caught his ears. Someone was coming down from the second floor and would be rounding the corner in moments. Elijah sighed in slight frustration.

The large man pointed with his head, indicating that they should go to Rupert’s quarters. Ms. Clementine nodded, worry etched upon her face.

The pair moved as quickly and as quietly as they could and made it into Rupert’s room just in the nick of time.

At once Elijah leaned against a wall, grimacing in pain. Ms. Clementine quickly moved to his side.

At a quick glance, Rupert could see that Elijah’s muscular right arm was badly burned. His hand, forearm and some of his bicep were blackened in large areas, his flesh was charred. The pain the man was under had to be excruciating beyond belief.

On his coverall, there were black pockmarks.

Ms Clementine placed a hand over Elijah's arm, but looked at the man with great worry on her face.

“It’s Ok. He’s anti-reg.” He breathed out, then nodded at her. Ms Clementine glanced at Rupert for a quick moment, her hazel eyes trying to quickly size him up, before she turned back to Elijah.

The large man began to sigh in relief as his pain began to subside.

Elijah took a moment to regard Rupert then.

“Thank you.” He said with all due sincerity.

Tag: @Tim Battershell

SGC 28.57^3 (Darwin)
    Transia Woods

“I have come to no harm. Why would I by the 'fence'. It merely was distracting and signal to call the guards?”

Erasmus could not see Darwin tilt his head. But emitted a sigh of relief just the same. Darwin sounded fine, and was asking his questions like he normally did.

“Well…” Erasmus began, trying to find the best way to convey his meaning. “ The fence emits an electrical charge that can easily render an animal as large as a bear unconscious. It is meant to separate one region from another and also discourage trespassers.”

Erasmus smiled sadly. For all the advancement the world had made, very little seemed to have changed.

“I’m just glad you are ok.”

“Other questions I have though. Do you have a gem that lets you do things? The children seemed to hold theirs when they flew and hid. It might not cure me but if I could hide like that we might move more freely, safely further from the places of Doom.”

Erasmus brought a hand to his bearded chin, thinking out loud.

“Flying children…gems….” He murmured. Erasmus had no reason to doubt his friend’s word, as he was a blatantly honest being.

“The gypsy camp must be closer than I thought. Perhaps, there’s a caravan not too far away!” The old man was suddenly excited and eager to forge ahead.

“Come, if they are close we must find them. Quickly.”

Erasmus took a step forward and beckoned his amic to follow, but slowed, as he wished to make sure Darwin was indeed with him. Just because he was blind did not mean he had no idea how to navigate the woods.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Rupert fforbes-Hamilton.
    Sunnyvale House, Maryland.

Day 1501 - Just past 18:00 (continued).

Rufus came right up into his fight/flight 'alert' position as Elijah and an elderly, frail-looking, lady entered. The lady is a resident, and I seem to remember seeing her sitting near the 'tricoteuses' when I took my bed-chair out for its 'stroll' earlier. I say 'stroll' but it's more of a crawl - as The Two Ronnies so aptly put it in their 'Little Trains of Wales' musical sketch;
    "We've overtaken lots of snails,
    but only when we go downhill!"​
    After giving both these strangers-to-him a long appraising stare, he climbed up onto my shoulder and began a small, paw and face, washing session, although he made sure he kept his eyes on both of them.

I'd wondered why The Powers That Be here didn't object to Rufus dropping by, especially after his full threat displays toward the 'Head Torturer', but I now know that some residents come here with their 'Canine Companions for Independence'. Even though they're no longer 'for Independence', they're apparently still seen as 'Companions' - well it would be a very cruel act to sever a long-term bond. Rufus seems to be regarded as a Feline Companion for Emotional Support, even though he's just visiting. Nice of them, I do have to say!

To put it bluntly, Elijah looked a real mess. Right arm blackened, and charred in patches, from fingertips to bicep and his coverall burned through in several places. Also he was obviously in considerable agony, which seemed to ease when the lady touched him.

Acknowledging his "Thank you."; by bowing my head, I said in reply; "Glad to be of help. Those of us with 'abilities' should stick together, if only for moral support."; I turned my attention to the lady before continuing; "Whether your 'gift' is just pain suppression or full healing, Ma'am, please carry on using it without fear, your secret will be safe with me. Stupid, isn't it, that they lump an entirely beneficial ability in with ones that can do real damage in the wrong hands. Wish I had the healing gift instead of what I can do; but, as a man said during our Civil War, 'If we cannot have what we like, we must learn to like what we have.'. Oh, and please call me Rupert.".

Leaving matters there for the moment, I moved my bed-chair to a certain cupboard, opened it and extracted the pair of armless tubular-metal-framed chairs within - I'm told they're quite comfortable, although I obviously don't use them myself. They're normally stowed away in order that people don't feel invited to linger longer than I wish them to!

So, DR, how do I carry chairs about when I do want invited guests to stay? The answer is in my very-cleverly designed bed-chair's mechanical arrangements. All I need do is to drive it up to the chairs - or anything else I want to transport - grab hold with my better hand and use the controls in the left side armrest to lift my legs and feet to the horizontal position; it works a worm-drive which also lengthens the bed-chair's wheelbase as it raises my legs. Same system as is used on the chair-back to let me recline it as a bed. As a by-product, it's also useful for driving the whole thing, including me, under most horizontal-bar barriers, provided they aren't too low set!

I dropped the chairs off within easy reach of my visitors, invited them to sit and put my bed-chair back into its daytime configuration. Then I said to Elijah; "Before I start giving any demonstrations, I have to know if we're likely to get any undesirable callers that I'll have to 'see off' the grounds. I've no idea how long the 'seeing off' process would take, you see, and my ability is rather time-limited at present.".

TAG: greyjedi125

4. Twelve3Feven

Twelve3Feven Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2016
    Grey Approved!

Name: Niman Morris
    Codename: Shadow Wild
    Height: 6’2
    Weight: 214 lbs
    Likes: Mental and physical combat, long term planning, meditation, animals, reading, and music.
    Dislikes: Losing, boredom, illegitimate authority, and secrets.
    Personality: Niman is level headed and calm for most occasions. He has a temper, but it is very hard to get to. He thinks a lot; that is to say he is in his own head more than talking to others. Manipulative, but good mannered.
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Stance: Anti-Registration
    Bio: Niman Morris was raised in a small town in Pennsylvania. His parents were divorced, but took great care of him despite him having to split his living time between the two of them. His father is a stock trader(as is his sister) and his mother works for a global telecom company. He has had his abilities since he was 9, but only told his family after he had sufficient understanding of what he could do. They haven’t told anyone and, with the exception of his sister, received the news well. His sister regards him as something strange and has kept her distance, but they care for each other on a base level.

While in college, Niman discovered that he could use his powers to steal with little effort, so he began stealing some of the most exclusive treasures and secrets that the world has to offer. He dropped out of school, as the motivation for graduating was gone now that he would never have to truly worry about money anymore, and joined the Army to physically and mentally train himself for more dangerous operations, such as assassinations and stealing from governments. In the past 3 years since leaving the military, he has searched the world to find himself and establish a greater connection with his spiritual self, supporting himself by offering his services to acquaintances for foreign governments, the criminal underworld, and corporations.
    Abilities: Portal creation and echolocation.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: SGC 28.57^3 (Darwin)
    Transia Woods

Looking at Erasmus SGC he took a few moments, a bear? He had seen these creatures occasionally in the woods. Foragers making a stake for survival, in a way similar to himself in his first freedoms. Digging hovels out beneath the roots of trees to sleep through the cold, and making up for lost time at the first warmth, covered in hair short and shaggy. . .well he never thought the similarities ran too deep, he doubted whether many would even categorize him as a mammal still. There had been some discussions about that in the problems of adapting the genetic drift that had caused his new physiology whether it could be approached the same or whether with such a drastic shift if the very cellular mechanisms that decoded and decided what DNA or RNA stood for even were using the same translation matrix as previously.

Such thoughts were distracting, and with a rubbing of his head with his finger tips he banished them like dirt from his exoskeleton.

The fact that the news seemed to spur his amic into action brought him up short as he processed what he was being told. A group of these 'gypsies' was within range of not days journeys but of hours or minutes. These were the ones they were looking for, hoping to find, that Erasmus had claimed would be more tolerant and accepting of his form. Taking a breath as he saw his friend slowing he walked to keep pace and protect his blind friend as they moved ahead. "They went that direction." he said brushing his friends arm to nudge it in the direction the children had ran. "If we want them to find us. . .Costel, is the name of the eldest I heard. We can shout his name as he did the children's. Is this worth a try? Safe to try?" He felt conflicted in this. Perhaps so long in hiding away from others to remain free had made him wary of being seen, and so in his amic's condition he had found one safe to be with to alleviate his loneliness in a harsh land. Now he was to trust his friend to walk openly to those that did not share the condition. But he had to be strong, as with all tests only the strong progressed.

6. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    Trainee Sean BakerDanger Room E-3, Triskelion

Sean watched as The Vision rode the lift back up to the observation room, turning he pushed the button that made the furniture rescind into the floor. Standing in the centre of the room Sean closed his eyes, marshalled as much power as he thought his body could handle, then released it to create a shield around his person.

Sean could see the telekinetic energy making the air around him crackle, looking back up at The Vision, he awaited further instructions.

TAG@greyjedi125

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Blueline, Casey & Zephyr
    Zephyr’s ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’ NYC

Zack poured himself a glass of water, before sitting down across from Blueline and Casey. He clicked the two ice cubes inside his glass as he allowed himself to relax, half listening to the conversation and the music he had selected.

It was something one of the interns was playing during a lab session at the Baxter Building. Zack was immediately drawn to it and acquired it. Now it served to instill a calm and peaceful ambiance to the room. A satisfied smiled played across his face before taking a sip from his glass.

Though he was quiet, he was keen on the exchanges and watched how Zephyr interacted with his two new guests. These ‘open-talks’ were crucial points when meeting new people, seeing how ‘voluntary vulnerability’ was mutually allowed. Zack was able to pick up several quick shifts in mood from both Casey and Blueline. He made sure to avert his gaze at the points where their unspoken feelings seemed the most poignant.

Zack concealed an inner smile when Zephyr was asked why he would go out of his way to show such kindness. The clean cut young man nodded slowly, recalling the many times they had discussed how could they, two small individuals, do anything to improve the world they lived in. It seemed like such an impossible task. They weren’t superheroes, like Spiderman or the Avengers, they were just simple people living in a troubled world.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Those words of wisdom were the foundation for Zack’s fervor. He would debate until he was blue in the face and shed light and truth to the dormant masses. He saw it as a personal mission, his own way to affect positive change. That, and get a leading position as a lab tech at the Baxter Building.

Zephyr performed acts of kindness to prompt positive change in the world, if even at a small level. It was better than nothing. It appeared that Blueline was of a similar mind. It looked as if Zephyr was already ‘recruiting’, the way he used the word ‘teammate’ in conversation.

Zack found himself smiling, but paused. There was an odd turn of phrase, Zack couldn’t quite place as Zephyr spoke:

Casey…you are constantly doing everything within you to keep everyone safe from your abilities….”

Zack raised an eyebrow. ‘Abilities?’ He looked at Casey and saw nothing out of ordinary. He saw a young girl out of place, a runaway needing help. Was there something he missed? Although he didn’t follow that particular reference, he found that it would be rude to interrupt the conversation. As was his custom, he mentally filed the information for later inquiry.

Despite that, Zack almost chuckled when Zephyr described himself as ‘special needs’. If being precocious was a qualifier, then why not. His friend was highly intelligent and nothing like his peers as far as societal focus was concerned. Zephyr was a developing and conscientious humanitarian as opposed to a zombie-like consumerist, at least according to Zack.

Listening and watching Blueline’s and Casey’s stories and reactions just confirmed how much more needed to be done on a local level. Zack could not imagine the kind of energy activists like his own mother spent in a single day as they championed the cause of the needy. He was glad that someone like her cared enough to do it, which was something that inspired him to do what little he was able. His eyes spied Casey and Blueline holding hands and he took that as a clue to ‘check’ on the music playlist.

Behind his back, Zack heard Blueline take an interest in the gym. That was actually a good idea. A workout was a good way of getting one’s mind off things. A sequential beep emitted from Zack’s smart-phone, just then. He knew exactly what that meant.

“Hey, uhm… I have to check in on my virtual lab. I left an experiment running and must look in on it. You guys go ahead without me.”

Zack gave the trio an apologetic smile and quickly moved to a laptop computer at a nearby desk.

Zephyr was free to give Blueline and Casey a free tour of his ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’ as it were. In doing so, they could also speak freely and openly about their unmentioned abilities, if they so wished.

Tag: @Ameteth & @galactic-vagabond422

Issac Angakkuq
    Woodlin Camp, Berry Patch, Maine

Jake ignored Belinda for the moment as he listened keenly to Isaac’s answer.

"We're all right, just noticed the smoke signal and were heading back to camp. You three seem prepared already," Jake noticed how Issac nodded at their weapons. He should find that surname, since it was standard procedure during an alert.

Gami was checking a different part of the patch not far from us. I'm pretty sure I saw her heading away too when I glanced back real quick. She saw the alert."

The young fisherman paused, before he continued, this time regarding both Sickle and Bull, watchers from two other camps.

"When I had glanced back I think I saw some kind of high tech vehicle, two of them, approaching. I'd be careful out there, might be best to just hunker down and let whomever pass."

“Let them pass?” Jake echoed, a hint of disbelief in his voice. “That’s not how things work, kid.”

Jake signaled to Sickle and Bull. His gestures were easy enough to read. Move ahead. Take a look. The two Watchers nodded in understanding.

“Anything I can help you guys with?” Isaac offered uncertainly. Jake regarded the young fisherman, appraising him before he answered.

Not too far away, Firefly received Isaac’s message and responded immediately, opening the pathways so he could receive the gift of empathy. Thankfully, Isaac was not only prepared, but was also used to the sudden influx of emotions whenever the gift was imparted near other living beings. What used to be a nearly overwhelming experience, was now considered routine.

Jake shook his head, then spoke.

“No. Just make sure she gets safely back to camp.”

The man was in a heightened state of alert. There was tension there, protectiveness, disappointment, vexation, determination, stubbornness and focus. Most times the problem was not reading emotions, but determining their cause and who or what were they directed at.

A clear pang of pain emanated when Jake had allowed himself a quick glance at Belinda, followed by a flash of anger and jealousy which was quickly stamped out and replaced by a bolstering of his determination.

On the other hand, Bull seemed confident, steady and focused, a bit anxious, and somewhat weary. Sickle was a knot of eagerness, intensity and other more elusive sentiments that would require a greater amount of concentration from Isaac.

“Go.” Jake finally said to all of them. The two other Watchers crouched and moved out ahead, Jake did the same. But not before, he looked at Isaac and pointed towards the camp they called home. That was the direction he was expected to go.

Isaac felt hands wrap around his arm. Belinda tugged at him, indicating they should go. That also meant, he would be leaving Firefly behind.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

Deputy Director Cameron Giles
    Mission Control, Triskelion HQ

A cascade of information and responses were now filtering back to the deputy director. His requests were dealt with the highest level of priority, much like that of the Director herself.

[Complete file on NYC SRA Protest incident compiled. Updating archives.]
    [All Iron Legionnaire data compiled. Updating archives.]
    [Subject: Daken, Akihiro. Metahuman with a criminal record. Previous known location; Shanghai, China.]

[Subject: Lash. Metahuman with a criminal record. Suspected to be the last and only survivor of an Inhuman settlement in Greenland, who were massacred by Ultron and his automatons. Lash is a metahuman capable of manipulating energy to various effects, including but not limited to, teleportation and disintegration of living matter.]

[Subject: Unknown, dubbed Masked Man Hannya. Web-ejecting abilities detected. Physical regeneration and durability observed. Last seen with Lash. Currently under active investigation.]

[ Operatives Kowalski, Brock, Condor, Ms. Knight and Blue Shield are currently aboard a S.H.I.E.L.D Quinjet and returning back to base. Agent Brock has been sedated and restrained. A medical team is already waiting to receive him.]

More data continued to filter in as pending requests were fulfilled and new ones were progressed. The long list of probable metahuman operatives for the requisite ‘Vanguard’ scrolled down a screen upon his desk. It was a process that would need several hours at the very least.

Cameron had set up several criteria for himself regarding possible recruits for the Vanguard. Official, unofficial, untrustworthy and greenhorns. The advantages and disadvantages amongst the four groups ran the gamut as well as the risks.

In truth, the official list was awfully short, mostly due to the Latverian Cataclysm.
    The only reason The Vision was on that list, was because he was recovered and repaired not so long ago. It was almost as if no names remained listed under the Avenger’s Initiative.Thankfully, another name appeared after awhile, this one with high commendations: Beta Ray Bill, but, he was currently off-planet. The bright-side was, that the search feature was still ongoing.

The X-Men Project didn’t see any improvement over the previous list. Although the X-men boasted quite a large membership in the past, prior to their assimilation, they too had been diminished to a mere handful of names, most of which had gone to face the cosmically empowered Doom.

The unofficial list fared little better, listing names of individuals such as Moon Knight, Colleen Wing, Doctor Voodoo and Sabra. The search engine continued to do its work as it sought to meet the deputy director’s criteria.

Unsurprisingly, the Untrustworthy list was quite long. It listed metahuman’s with past criminal histories, those who were now pardoned or working out there sentence out of the Tunderbolt Program. It also included metahumans with current criminal sentences who were still incarcerated at The Raft. The metahuman names contained in Project 42 were automatically ineligible.

Names such as Songbird and Atlas who were currently enrolled in the Thunderbolt program appeared. The Wrecker was back at The Raft. Names like Blade and Ghost Rider appeared for entirely different reasons.

Even Deadpool appeared on the list, though the red flags attached to his file could not be ignored.

One could argue that perhaps the deputy director might find inspiration to try and convince some anti-registration heroes to join his cause. But that would simply make an already complex situation literally impossible. It could even cost him his career, come to think of it.

The Blue Marvel was completely unaffiliated and a staunch loner and isolationist, despite all that, he was every bit as powerful as Thor. Similarly, Spider Woman until recently, was quite an active Shield operative.

But there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Greenhorns such as Trainee Sean Baker and Kwon were listed as potential recruits towards the cause. The trainee program sought to mesh registered metas into civil defenders, such as the Avengers. It welcomed one and all, especially those who were ready to learn and represent the future of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

Alastor Zingari
    The House, US HQ

The mercenary had much to think about on a regular basis, and now he had quite a few more things to ponder about on his plate. It was clear that Alastor had a question on his mind after his encounter with the NuSentinel. Something unexpected had occurred, something that had left him the echoes of a memory.

“Alice, I need you to give me information regarding the last known whereabouts of an individual.”

~ Please state the individual, Sir. ~

The mercenary stepped into the lift as he voiced his question.

“I need everything you have, on the whereabouts of Charles Xavier.”

It did not take long for Alice to issue a response.

~ The last official sighting for Charles Xavier was at S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Triskelion H.Q. His last unofficial destination was the Sovereign Kingdom of Latveria. No other reference can be found for a period of 465 days.~

There it was. A bit of information that would only lead to more questions and deeper mysteries.Had he learned something new at all? What could he do about it? What did it mean?

None could hope to guess the mercenary’s thought process or motivations. This was Alastor, a man who spoke volumes, not with words, but with his actions.

Tag: @Kahn_Iceay

Gami
    Outside Woodlin Camp, Maine

So far, Gami remained well hidden. Not only that, she had a good view of the events transpiring not to far from her position. Her decision to take no action and observe for the moment might have been a wise course of action after all.

Max had thought of a clever tactical plan as he used the element of surprise on the two men who had arrived, apparently in search of the crystal rock Rosa carried. He knocked them down and tangled them with his tarp. Rosa ran towards the camp border while he attempted to take one of their hover bikes.

Unfortunately, the vehicle was unresponsive.

One of the men rolled out from under the tarp, saw what Max was up to, and in a smooth motion, drew his weapon and shot him. A snarling ball of electrical light hit Max’s torso, which caused him to tense up, then spasm. The red-head remained frozen in a pose of surprise and fell to the ground, stiff as a board. He fell unto the grass, his body spasming once more, before finally relaxing into a more natural position.

The man rose to his feet quickly and glanced at his partner, who had finally managed to come out from under the tarp as well. The second man looked at the prone red-head, then regarded his partner.

“Stunned. He tried taking the bike. Seems the girl has the item.”

The second man nodded, then drew his weapon.

“I see her.” He said, his tone neutral.

The first man walked over to Max, crouched down and checked his unconscious form.

“He’s fine. He’ll wake up to a doozy of a headache tho.”

Looking from between the berry patches, Gami could see an emblem emblazoned on the sides of the hover bikes. It looked like the silhouette of an eagle inside of a circle. Too bad she was too far to read the words written along the inside border.

The second man was standing and had his weapon trained on Rosa, who was running frantically without looking back. He steadied his firing hand with his free hand as he looked down the barrel, aiming.

From behind her, Gami would hear rustling sounds. Should she turn, she would see Jake standing up, his right arm hinged back with a knife in hand, as he prepared to launch his bladed weapon at the man aiming at the fleeing girl.

The two other Watchers were also moving, but were out of sight and difficult to see.

None would be able to see Firefly’s horrified expression as she vainly fluttered frenetically in front of Jake, doing all he could to try an prevent him from taking action. In a last desperate ditch, the spirit guide sent Isaac a visual image of what was about to take place, along with her feelings of horror.

Should this come to pass, misfortune would surely follow.

Tag: @Ktala (@Darth_Elu)

SGC 28.57^3 (Darwin)
    Transia Woods

“They went that direction.”

Erasmus felt his friend’s unique hand upon him, correcting his course. Erasmus smiled.

“Aye.” He said, accepting the course correction. Indeed, the journey would go much faster if they worked together.

The older man had only taken a few steps before Darwin presented a novel idea.

"If we want them to find us. . .Costel, is the name of the eldest I heard. We can shout his name as he did the children's. Is this worth a try? Safe to try?"

Erasmus paused after hearing this. “Hmmm.”

The blind man nodded to himself as he pondered the possibilities. They didn’t know his voice, but if they used a known name….

“Yes, yes, I believe it is worth a try.” Erasmus said in agreement. “Clever idea my friend, your sharp wit never ceases to amaze.”

With that, Erasmus walked in the direction Darwin had set him upon. He walked beside his friend as he cupped both hands to his face and bellowed as loudly as he could.

Costel. Noi suntem tovaras! We are friends. Prietenii tiganilor! Partizan tigan!”

Erasmus kept this up for about half an hour or so, stopping only to drink some water. Only after the second time he stopped to drink did he pause.

“We must be close. I smell sage.” The blind man whispered, then he added: “I believe we are being watched.”

Erasmus slowly raised his hands.

“Am venit in pace. We come in peace.” He declared. “Suntem fugari din Latveria. We are fugitives from Latveria and we seek an audience.”

There was no immediate response.

“Acesta este Darwin, un fou al lui Gaia. This is Darwin, a son of Gaia.”

“Well, I had to say something…” Erasmus whispered, low enough that only Darwin could hear his words.

At that pronouncement, four men armed with bows and arrows appeared. They were all dressed in typical gypsy attire.Two proceeded from the up on the trees and two others from ground level. Upon seeing the two travelers, they lowered their weapons. Only one of them wore a crystal pendant. He was the youngest of the four, and was also the one who stepped forward to speak.

“We apologize for the…unusual reception, but these are uncertain times, as you very well know. I am called Barsali. Welcome to our camp.”

The gypsy smiled and gave a welcoming bow. Erasmus followed suit and did the same.

“Thank you for the honor of receiving us.” the blind man uttered with gladness in his voice.

This was it. They were a step closer to their goal. In due time, they would reach the Mt. Wundagore, where everything would change, and nothing would be the same again.

Kera Miles
    Sioux City, Iowa

Sam was literally frozen in place, her mind momentarily unable to process what she had just witnessed, or more accurately, Sam was experiencing a moment of shock as she tried to comprehend what her eyes had revealed.

She was barely aware of Kera as the purple-haired young lady led her away from the scene they had both witnessed. Sam’s body followed automatically, but her mind was still dealing with what she had seen, after all, she had gone to park the car and missed the part when the woman was becoming large.

Kera said nothing so far, as she herself felt the rush of adrenaline course through her blood, enough to make her shake, her heart pounded mightily within her chest.

Finally, the two were far enough away from the scene, from Colin, Doug, Kirk or anyone else for that matter.

Kera came t a full stop. Sam took a deep breath and gave a long exhale, then shook her head lightly. Kera looked at the ground as she spoke.

“Sam…I need to tell you something…”

A worried look came over Sam’s face. She tried to look at Kera’s face, but her friend was still focused on the ground. Sam grabbed hold of Kera’s hands and held them gently as her concerned deepened.

“Kera? What is it? Are you hurt…?”

Sam felt scared now. Had someone hurt her friend while she was away? How could she have been so foolish to leave them on their own? If Kera was hurt, it would be her fault it happened.

Tag: @spacelady

Rupert fforbes-Hamilton

Elijah breathed easier now that Ms.Clementine attended to his wounds. He could feel the tingling sensation as his flesh was prompted to repair itself under her gentle touch. He owed this woman so much for all she had done and endured on his behalf. That debt now tripled, as her secret was made known to another, that being the english man; Rupert.

Even as the large man now listened to the english man speak, he could clearly hear the orderly walk outside Hamilton’s room. The orderly had not stopped, but continued walking undeterred, much to Elijah’s relief.

"Glad to be of help. Those of us with 'abilities' should stick together, if only for moral support." Rupert declared before turning his attention to the lady, and then continuing.

"Whether your 'gift' is just pain suppression or full healing, Ma'am, please carry on using it without fear, your secret will be safe with me. Stupid, isn't it, that they lump an entirely beneficial ability in with ones that can do real damage in the wrong hands. Wish I had the healing gift instead of what I can do; but, as a man said during our Civil War, 'If we cannot have what we like, we must learn to like what we have.'. Oh, and please call me Rupert.".

The woman turned for a moment and graced Rupert with an uncertain, yet courteous smile. “I’m Ms Clementine, pleasure to meet you.” she said before returning to her ministrations.

Truth be told, she had seen Rupert many times before, but the english man was not the most social of beings at Sunnyvale House.

“What did you mean by, ‘those of us’ with abilities…” Elijah asked after a long moment of silence. He was watching Rupert move things around with his on-board gizmo, then realized what the english man was up to. The large man managed a small smile.

“Mrs Clementine.” Elijah says, interrupting her work. “Rupert has provided a chair for you to sit.”

“Oh!” the woman says in surprise as she turns around and begins to open one of the chairs. Elijah takes the opportunity to flex his arm and wiggle his fingers. Almost all of the black spots are gone, and are now replaced with patches of discolored skin.

“Thank you.” She says to Rupert before sitting, then turn towards Elijah and takes his hand. “I’m not quite finished yet.” She declared firmly and resumes her work. Elijah simply smiles in response.

"Before I start giving any demonstrations, I have to know if we're likely to get any undesirable callers that I'll have to 'see off' the grounds. I've no idea how long the 'seeing off' process would take, you see, and my ability is rather time-limited at present.".

Elijah’s eyes narrowed.

“I don’t know.” he confess grimly after a beat.

“There were three of them already there by the time I arrived. Guess I wasn’t the only one thinking along those lines. My plan was to shut down the reg-center for a day, deprive them of power. The trio I ran into had something more volatile in mind. Two of them didn’t even hesitate to attack me. Hmph! Took care of them easy enough. Amateurs.”

“But the third one…” Elijah’s expression grew darker as he leveled his gaze at Rupert.

“He had powers. Electrical powers. He tried to kill me. He even fried his own men when I used them as shields, hoping he would stop. He burned through them just to get to me.”

The large man closed his eyes and shook his head. “What has become of our fellow men that they’ve turned into such monsters during peace time. Murder comes far too easily to us now. Life is just another disposable object.”

Elijah shook his head and gathered his wits.

“I tricked him.” The large man confessed. “I had to get close, keep him busy so he wouldn’t realize what I was doing. He got me in the process, but I guessed correctly. Water hurts him.”

A mix of regret and satisfaction played upon the old soldiers features just then.

“He discharged a lot of energy, which caused the power outage you heard about, but I’m not sure if that was enough to take him out. All I know is that he might be badly hurt too.”

“There, just like new.” Ms Clementine said, smiling up at the large man.

“Thank you. Again.” Elijah uttered in poignant sincerity as he looked down.

“Don’t mention it.”

Ms Clementine rose from her seat, then stopped suddenly as the lights flickered several times. In an out, the lights vacillated between light and dark, before finally winking out.

“No, I guess it wasn’t enough.”

Niman Morris

Some made the argument, that a man who did not know himself, had no future. That his destiny would be controlled by others. To know oneself was to write one’s own destiny. Many a man found that there was no greater calling than self-knowledge and self-mastery. The real question was, how did one go about achieving such a thing.

There where many who professed to have the answer. Some argued that the answer could not be given, but had to be discovered by the seeker.

Perhaps Niman Morris was such a man. Truth be told, one would have to ask him to know. But today was not that day for the metahuman mercenary.

Niman was enjoying some downtime, away from the hustle and bustle of daily mercenary life. The location was one of his choosing. When he wished not to be found, he was not found, unless one knew where to look.

It was funny, how sometimes some passer-by would confuse him with Lenny Kravitz. It was often amusing and by now he was used to it. One would wonder what would happen if he ran into the real deal during one of his travels?

IN any event, Niman’s day was proceeding as planned, that is until a message was left on for him on his smart-device. The only ones who could reach that number had to go through great lengths to acquire it. That also meant they could afford his price.

Mr. Morris; I hear you are the right man for the right job, for the right price, of course. My employer is in need of a capable…facilitator. You’ve been highly recommended. We should discuss terms. Why don’t we meet in a city of your choosing. My treat.

Ghost Fox

Perhaps the day just got better.

Tag: @Twelve3Feven

Trainee Sean Baker
    Danger Room E-3, Triskelion

Sean felt it once again, the familiar feeling. The exhilaration that accompanied his senses overtime he used his metahuman powers. From the very depth of his core, he felt it ripple outwards, through his hands, his feet and his mind, all simultaneously. Force and inertia responded to his command, to his will to shape it.

The tell-tale sign of his inner ear popping confirmed that the force bubble was fully formed. Air, light and sound were allowed to pass through, but no solid object should, at least not in Sean’s experience. As it was, the density and strength of his shield should have grown as he became more proficient with his powers, or so the theory went.

From the Danger Room’s control center, The Vision ran some quick scans.

[Telekinetic sphere, fully formed. Bubble currently holding at 100% integrity. Relative density quotient: 8]

“That is good news.” the synthezoid observed.

“Sean, you are doing well, hold your focus for the next phase of the exercise.”

After that small announcement, The Vision ran quickly ran his fingers over a keyboard.

A six foot pillar rose from the floor next to Sean, and from it a mechanical arm wielding a metal club emerged. The arm immediately swung the blunt weapon, intending to strike the metahuman, but the force bubble successfully resisted the attack. The arm repeated the process three times before disappearing once again.

“Well done.” The Vision’s voice was heard saying over the comm.

From the far wall, another device appeared, this time, a volley of six arrows were fired at Sean, and again his telekinetic bubble successfully resisted the barrage as the arrows, clattered to the side, bouncing of his unseen protective shield.

“You’re almost done. Stay focused.”

From the each side, the walls began to close in on Sean. Slowly the approached and finally made contact. The walls pressed in on him from his left and from his right. Immediately, Sean could feel the pressure assaulting his will and control. He was not physically touching the walls, but it certainly felt as if he were, although the pressure reverberated through his body and finally centered in his mind.

The trainee began to sweat as the pressure increased. This was much different from basic protection from projectiles. Here, he needed to maintain his focus and keep the shield from collapsing.

The moment Sean felt as if he could no longer hold the shield, the pressure lifted as the walls relented their advance. With a hum, they began to retreat back into place.

[Sean Baker session complete]

The chair Sean had sat on before rose up once again. No doubt he might wish to sit again after such a test.

“You have done well, Sean.”

This time, The Vision did not use the lift, but simply phased through the control room and floated down to Sean.

“You are showing a somewhat elevated heart-rate and some signs of exhaustion, but you are otherwise fine. Well done.”

The pedestal with the bottle of water was now back as well.

“How did that feel?” The Vision inquired, as he now picked up the fallen arrows from the danger room floor.

Tag: @Zurros Ka

8. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

Day 1501 - Just past 18:00 (continued).

"What did you mean by, ‘those of us’ with abilities...."; Elijah asked; then - after pointing out the chairs to Ms Clementine, who politely thanked me - he continued; "I don’t know.... There were three of them already there by the time I arrived. Guess I wasn’t the only one thinking along those lines. My plan was to shut down the reg-center for a day, deprive them of power. The trio I ran into had something more volatile in mind. Two of them didn’t even hesitate to attack me. Hmph! Took care of them easy enough. Amateurs.... But the third one.... He had powers. Electrical powers. He tried to kill me. He even fried his own men when I used them as shields, hoping he would stop. He burned through them just to get to me.

What has become of our fellow men that they’ve turned into such monsters during peace time? Murder comes far too easily to us now. Life is just another disposable object.

I tricked him.... I had to get close, keep him busy so he wouldn’t realize what I was doing. He got me in the process, but I guessed correctly. Water hurts him. He discharged a lot of energy, which caused the power outage you heard about, but I’m not sure if that was enough to take him out. All I know is that he might be badly hurt too."

Ms Clementine seemed to finish 'treating' Elijah and stood up to leave when.... the room lights flickered several times, then failed completely.

"No, I guess it wasn’t enough."; Elijah said, in what I always call a mournful tone.

"Murder always has come to us too easily.... look at human history. Folks like Vlad 'Tepes' Dracul, for instance. Doesn't seem to have mattered if 'Powers' were involved or not. Now they are, though, there's still the three-way split; those who'll only use their abilities for good, those who just want to be left alone and those who think having the ability to cause chaos and suffering gives them the right to do so.

On top of that, we've probably got some very frightened 'middle ground' people who'll just lash-out in a crisis without stopping to think things through. Panicking people do that, I've noticed.

What I meant, Elijah, is that I have an 'ability' of my own, although its not too well developed as yet. I can generate man-sized automata out of earth and control them with my mind - not for long, only one at a time and only about six in a day. The technical term for one of them is a Golem, but I just call them my 'Creations'. I've kept very quiet about them, 'til now, for obvious reasons.

However, as accumulations of earth, they should be fairly immune to your playmate's Electrical powers, perhaps even discharge him completely - that's what an 'Earthing' system is supposed to do!

This power outage will have been noticed, particularly as we've some really sick people here. So, ideas please. Wait for the Utilities people to show up and call the Cops and/or S.H.I.E.L.D. while standing ready to protect our own.... or something more proactive? You're the Soldier, possibly one of the 'Super-Soldiers' living here under the authorities' radar. You've had proper tactical training. I haven't.

9. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alastor Zingari
    The House, US HQ

Alastor was now back in the main command room of the House, arms crossed in front of a holoprojector. “Officially, he was last seen at SHIELD. Unofficially, he was seen in Latveria.” Waving his hand over the table it came to life, casting a low light around a room now oddly barren as much of the equipment had now been packed up and was being loaded up for transfer within the hour. The hologram slowly formed an image of the globe, two dots appeared, one off the coast of New York, the Treskelion, the other in eastern Europe, Latveria. Each had a time stamp of just over a year ago.

Latveria was his last, unofficial, destination. That meant two things, that gave Alastor a bit of a string to pull. One, he wasn’t supposed to be there. Likely he was there as a result of the lead up to Cataclysm, but he wasn’t meant to be there. It also meant it was documented, and the ones who documented it was obvious. SHIELD. So, a few puzzle pieces started to fall into place in Alastor’s head. “Alice.”

~ Yes? ~

“You said that Latveria was the last location he was at unofficially, is that because that is the only information you have access to due to my security clearance at the point I ripped the SHIELD database yes?”

~ Yes. ~

“Then it stands to reason that if you had access to the current database, and potentially higher security clearance that you could theoretically get more information yes?”

~ And update our database, blueprints, and records. My intrusion subroutines, along with the L.E.G.I.O.N. system we reverse engineered from SHIELD should be more than substantial enough to allow me to infiltrate their system with little issue. Though this is going off outdated information, we know from earlier that I alone cannot infiltrate, but that also includes the Offensive Intelligence countering me, which I did not expect. ~

“That’s what I expected to hear. Bring up a list of all known decommissioned or inactive SHIELD facilities using as up-to-date information as you have access to.” There was a chirp of confirmation and the hologram shifted, the first two points of data dimmed and more points appeared along the globe. Several locations Alastor recognized, they were Facilities that were shut down due to being in global hotspots, the Middle East, East Africa, and DEM’s own back yard, the South China Sea. But two caught his eye. “Display information relevant to The Dock and EAHQ.”

~ The Dock, SHIELD shipyard facility, responsible for construction and maintaining of Helicarrier fleet prior to foundries at Treskelion base being finalized. Shut down due to being defunct just after the Secret Invasion following the short lived H.A.M.M.E.R. initiative. It has recently been a sight of activity for the Howling Commandos Private Military Company. It is considered a DEM Black Site as we do not wish altercations with the HCPMC at this time. ~

Well that made that location immediately a bust. HCPMC was new to the whole PMC gig but they were the most hardened and loyal of SHIELD agents who couldn’t stand the H.A.M.M.E.R. initiative, and following that, couldn’t stand Hill. DEM hadn’t labeled them hostile, Dustine and Josie had even considered them potential allies in the future, but right now they were skittish, heavily armed, and lethally trained. Each and every one as deadly as Alastor baring his metahuman abilities. So, for the time being, that location was a no-go. “Alright then, what about EAHQ?”

~ EAHQ otherwise known as East Africa Headquarters was SHIELDs primary command and control facility in the eastern hemisphere. It maintained a docking facility for SHIELD Airborne Mobile Command Stations. The facility was shut down following increased activity of various criminal and terror cells in the region. The facility was locked down by order of Director Nicholas J. Fury. ~

“That’s a more viable option.” Facility infiltration was easy, especially abandoned ones. Automated defenses, alarms, they were all easily fooled and bypassed. Even an abandoned SHIELD facility would be more of a cake walk compared to a manned facility. “Alright, have the S.E.C.S. loaded into the ANVIL, and send a request to Dustine to load a copy of L.E.G.I.O.N. onto an I.C.E. Breaker Hard Drive.”

“In the meantime, deploy a stealth drone, one with all the bells and whistles over the old Xavier’s Institute. See if there’s any activity, EM, infrared, everything. I’m heading out with the next batch on the ANVIL.” Waving the display off Alastor reached down and grabbed his bags, heading back to the elevator, shuffling in with another group heading down to the loading level. Once they were off loaded and settling in at the Manor he’d start working on an op.

Tag: greyjedi125

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Gami

It was like a bad horror movie, that was getting progressively worse! Gami remained well hidden. And she saw everything. She saw as poor Max got hit with a sizzling ball of electrical light, which sent him down like a rock, in spasms. That must be one HECK of a stunner! The kid had nerves, even if he was unlucky, and could not start the bike. The plan had been decent.The man rose to his feet quickly and glanced at his partner, who had finally managed to come out from under the tarp as well. The second man looked at the prone red-head, then regarded his partner. “Stunned. He tried taking the bike. Seems the girl has the item.” Gami had never been so happy to hear the words Stunned in her life. The item? Not stone, or gem... but item? What the heck was the thing. The hairs on the back of her neck rose, as she saw The second man nodn then drew his weapon. The way he responded was almost like a robot. “I see her.” He said, as he pointed his weapon at Rosa, taking aim.

Gami could see the emblem on the bikes, but she didnt know what the eagle inside of a circle meant. Suddenly, Gami was aware that something was behind her. She flattened down even more, holding her position. Her head slowly turned, and what she saw, nearly made her stop breathing.

It was Jake standing up, his right arm hinged back with a knife in hand, as he prepared to launch his bladed weapon at the man aiming at the fleeing girl. She could hear the sounds of other movement very close to her as well. Other watchers? All Gami knew was that if he tossed that knife at the man, things could go into a deadly mode. Right now, they had only stunned folks. These guys smelled of military training. So not good! But to suddenly move now, could place her in immediate danger as well. Tackle Jake, the guard and other folks nearby would deal with her. Attack the men, and risk them going from shocking folks, to hurting people. And Jake still might throw the knife. If she was closer...

Gami looked over at the bikes, and then at everyone standing in the field. She didnt know if it would work or not, but she had to try something. She was nearly all but laying on the ground anyway. And the sun shone above. She narrowed her eyes to mere slits, and concentrated, as she whispered a small prayer. She absorbed the suns energy and rays of warmth and light, and transferred it into the ground, in the form of what she hoped would be a mild electric charge, or shock. Hopefully, it would be enough to make everyone at least jump, and defuse the situation somewhat. She could only hope that it would work.

Tag: greyjedi125 (Darth_Elu)

11. Twelve3Feven

Twelve3Feven Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2016
    Niman Morris
    -New Orleans, Louisiana

This cup of tea is not as good as he had hoped it would be when he ordered it. Niman had realized a year or so ago that travelling to new places and tasting the food and seeing the people was...relatively the same no matter where he went. People were people and places were places. This wasn't to say that Niman had not fallen in love with downtown Chicago's buzz and the constant smell of the food or Charlotte's emerging city environment but, in general, places lost their appeal after a couple of hours. New Orleans was one of those places. This is the second time Niman found himself in New Orleans, the last time being in his teens with his family. For a brief moment, it crossed Niman's mind to be nostalgic, but it passed soon after it appeared.

His phone's screen remained black. The benefits of Do Not Disturb. He grinned slightly. This was his downtime and being isolated from the technological world, or rather, being able to choose when to take part in things like the news and social media brought him moments of blissful pleasure. The world is a dark place, right? The news is depressing or disturbing about two-thirds of the time and the third of the time it isn't...it is ambiguous and the good news that IS there seems fleeting. That is the way of the world. There is suffering. A buddhist philosophy admission that had been introduced to him in high school. Niman wishes, sipping his tea, he knew suffering more. It would, he thinks, help him understand more about himself. It would give him a more complete-

He presses the home button on his phone. Can't help it.. Technology even when it isn't being distracting is distracting.

Mr. Morris; I hear you are the right man for the right job, for the right price, of course. My employer is in need of a capable…facilitator. You’ve been highly recommended. We should discuss terms. Why don’t we meet in a city of your choosing. My treat.

Now what was this that set in his messages. A request for an audience with Niman Morris? Not his alter ego Shadow Wild? And on one of his personal phones nevertheless? Excitement, a surge of adrenaline, and definitely a hint of fear each made a home in the bottom Niman's stomach. He pays for his tea, tipping well because the money he had on his person was not nearly as important as the money that sought him now. Who is this person? Niman thinks as he walks hard down the crowded sidewalk, eyeing his phone's message. You can't ask that, obviously, he thinks. He ponders for a minute or two, subconsciously navigating safely across intersections.

"Why not New Orleans. You have 2 hours." Niman dropped and stepped on his phone. Anyone who knew one of his personal numbers and his real name was obviously someone influential and powerful, or someone with friends that had those characteristics. Someone not to be taken lightly. In this business though, one person was rarely the right answer to a who question. It is time to make arrangements, he thought. Never can be in one place too long.

12. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Isaac Angikkuq IC:
    ~Outside Woodlin Camp, Maine~

"Let them pass? That's not how things work, kid."

Funny, being called 'kid' grated on him slightly. Perhaps there was a faint truth to the assessment then. Annoying. Pushing that aside, Isaac only sighed and shook his head. Immediately moving in on passersby, no matter how foreboding they were, always caught their attention only.

An arctic fox, a seal, a caribou, whatever you chose did not seek out the polar bear. Even should they succeed in ambush, sometimes all you did was anger it. And then you'd also be squarely in its path. Remain and perish under the counter attack. Run and it sees your route and pursues. They were only small camps of isolationist communities, not armies! Nothing good would come of attacking these people!

But he said nothing. Jake, Sickle, & Bull were the types not to listen. They had their minds set and were the type prone to violence, unfortunately. Isaac had nothing against fighting, sometimes it was a necessary evil. And yes, the adrenaline could be addicting. But in the end…

He offered help anyway, maybe there was a way to temper any rash decisions. He was immediately sized up, but rejected. "No. Just make sure she gets safely back to camp."

The emotions running from Jake were palpable. Tension, which was clear. Protectiveness. For the Camp he was sure. Disappointment. Something he was surprised to see, maybe he could be reasoned with after all? Vexation. Understandable to a degree. Determination. Good and natural. Stubborness. Not quite as good in this case. Focus. Already assumed.

His gaze toward Belinda was more telling. The emotions that came from it in that quick span needed no deciphering as to their origins. Anger, jealousy. If only he realized Isaac had no interest in the woman…Perhaps that was where his protectiveness came from actually? Hard to say. He couldn't make that out right now and didn't have the time.

Bull was confident yet anxious. Simple enough for a watcher about to do who knows what. Sickle was eager, emotionally intense…very worrying. He was too into his role. There were other emotions, but they ran over each other so rapidly it was dizzying and Isaac couldn't read them well. Again, he had no time.

"Go."

And with that the watchers left, but not before Jake motioned for him and Belinda to get moving back to the camp a second time. Belinda herself tugged at him again. Inwardly sighing, he took a couple of steps with her.

Till he realized he would be getting rather far from Firefly. And that…that was not good. He rarely did it over the years, getting too far from her…and it never seemed to go well. The anxiety he felt from her was not helping matters either.

He had to make a decision and quickly. Continue to the camp with Belinda anyway or double back and follow Jake, Bull, & Sickle.

Isaac froze after those first two steps, probably enticing more tugging and gentle pleading from the woman with him. After the span of a couple heartbeats, he shook his head.

"Get going, Belinda. They're right. The camp is safest. But I have something I need to do, for the camp."

He turned to follow, looking back at Belinda and renewing the shake of his head, knowing she was protesting. "Trust me. You need to move. Now. I have a bad feeling, they're about to do something bad with good intentions…I have to stop it."

Then he hurried off, shaking off Belinda and moving away from her and ignoring any further protests. Hopefully she wasn't too illogical and following after him, even she should know it was best to head for the Woodlin Camp right then!

Following the watchers' suit, he crouched down low…though not quite as low as them at first. He had to focus more on speed to catch up, even those few moments after they left was enough for a big gap between them. Firefly…she was getting more and more anxious.

No. That wasn't anxiety any more, it was evolving. Getting worse.

Isaac quickened his pace. He was getting close he knew, he heard sounds. Voices? Then came the image.

Not good! Not good! NOT GOOD!

Firefly's own horror manifested into his own, turning both of their stomachs into dropped knots stained with the black of fear.

He was behind them now, not far. Isaac may not be in time! HE HAD TO HURRY!

Step. Step. Step! STEP.

Lunge.

His goal was to lunge forward the last few steps, grasp his wrist, and prevent him from throwing that weapon! His intervention and incoming shout would, with a small hope, pause everyone else in the vicinity.

As his hand clasped down on what he hoped would be Jake's wrist, he shouted as loud as he could, ignorant of Gami's ability being unleashed silently.

"NO!!!"

Tag: greyjedi125 Ktala

13. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    IC: Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Zephyr’s Sanctum, West Side, NYC

The background music was so soothing and peaceful that it was easy to forget the events that lead to everyone lounging at Zephyr’s personal apartment, or as he liked to call it, his ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’.

The nickname had stuck to Zephyr’s mind as being perfect for his ‘getaway place’. Here he could relax completely, and do things that he normally wouldn’t have been able to do in his official family apartment.

Here he could party till the wee hours of the morning if he wanted to, and then clean the place with a wave of his hand if he felt so inclined.
    It was his way of living a ‘normal’ life with his powers.

He could never clearly recall when he first heard the phrase, if it was an article in some obscure book or blog or if one of his instructors let it slip, that such was the name that Dr.Strange used when referring to his residence. Zephyr spent a lot of time daydreaming and trying to imagine what it would be like to live in a house where spectacular magic was the norm.

It was always nice to have guests here, more often than not only the few people that he considered friends or trustworthy got to know of this place.

Zack was a regular since he was the closest thing to a best friend. So it was with the thrill of a youngster that he now welcomed the first metahumans to his place.

Having grown up in relative isolation and without any peers his age, this was somewhat of a big deal, but as thrilled as he was, his sense of responsibility always kept him level headed.

Blue had asked to see the gym, and by his slight pantomime it was clear that he wanted to speak openly and in ‘private’, since Zack was not aware of Zephyr’s meta-abilities.

Just as Zephyr began to formulate his words, Zack’s smart phone started beeping in a manner that was quite familiar.

“Hey, uhm… I have to check in on my virtual lab. I left an experiment running and must look in on it. You guys go ahead without me.”

Zack gave the trio an apologetic smile and quickly moved to a laptop computer at a nearby desk.

Zephyr’s eyes lit up. This was totally the work of the Fates or Destiny, this was meant to happen.

“Alright buddy, I’ll give Blue and Casey the full tour while you do that, I’ll try not to get too carried away, hehehe!”

Getting up with obvious excitement, he’d signal for his guest to follow him up to next flight of stairs, “This way please”; contentment plainly showing on his face.

As they climbed the stairs, Zephyr would share more of himself.

“This gym is a vital part of my well being, it was only through training that I learned control and discovered ways to make certain things more natural. This was the best way to grow and to accept the reality that my abilities were a permanent part of my entire being. Thankfully I was taught from early that being different wasn’t a bad thing, metahumans were good or bad, just like anyone else, the only difference was that their unique gift allowed ‘us’ to do more.”

As they reached the landing, a translucent wall greeted them. One could see shapes in the semi darkness beyond. Curiously the ‘plasteel’ wall had the strange effect of looking elegant yet formidable.

A pleasant chime rang when Zephyr pressed an electronic touch pad on the wall. The pad emitted a green light and double doors slid back to reveal the entrance.

The room came into sharp resolution as the lights brightened up every corner of the gym, the space was a two story mini complex.

Again the somewhat neat and minimalist feel was there, but it was plain to see that there was a lot to do in there.

A weight lifting bench with chrome plates all around it, a futuristic treadmill, a stationary bike, there was also a contraption that looked like it transformed, at the moment it looked like a ‘rowing’ machine.
    In one corner there was a wing chun wooden dummy with a little decorative Buddah next to it, and not far from that a punching bag stand.

Also present were floor mats, and parallel bars. Above one could see a pair of trapeze set up at a good distance from platforms at either end of the room, the safety net was drawn half way in that area. There were small and medium sized objects in almost every corner of the gym. Ceramic rods, plexiglass pyramids, metal balls, rubber squares, it gave the room a bit of a playful air.

“Believe it or not, everything does get used at one point or another, but I like playing with the shapes more than anything else”
    Almost as if by magic, a silvery plastic cube that sat on a bench came flying to Zephyr’s hand. There it changed shape, from a cube, to a sphere, to pyramid, then a star, then a cylinder and from there into a spring and then back to a cube.

He sent the cube back to the desk where it was originally resting and after a few seconds continued speaking.

“There was a time when this exercise would end up with me holding a handful of goop, and that was if I was lucky enough not to disintegrate the object altogether.” A wry smile held his features as if the memory of those failures were still fresh.

“What I’m trying to say is, that like muscle or talent or skill, all we need is a chance to practice, to normalize. And by normalize, I mean, that a meta should become familiar with his or her ability, the way an artist goes to art school or a gymnast gets coaching.”

“It is true that such instruction outside of ‘registered’ environments is almost non existent, but I’m willing to share whatever little I can.”

Brightening up a little he looked at both Casey and Blueline as he said_

“Life is about helping others right? At least that’s what I believe, and if I really believe that, this is how I choose to show it. Especially to a fellow meta.”

“So what do you think? Is there a chance that we can walk this path and embark in a journey of discovery? It won’t be without it’s challenges, of that I have no doubt, but I think it would be worth it.”

His sincerity would be unmistakable and the choice would ultimately rest with both Casey and Blue. There were no promises or guarantees being made, but with luck a spark born today would grow to provide abundant light for many a soul on the morrow.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @galactic-vagabond422

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Cameron Giles IC:
    ~Personal Office, Triskelion HQ~

He let the archives update and compile all requested information before him, the fingers on one hand drumming incessantly away. Not a normal tic for him, but he had been pulling some long shifts. Some oddities were expected now and again in such situations.

Protest and Iron Legionnaire data were being updated smoothly, which was good to see as always. Cameron's eyes blinked once and then noticed the information being pulled up in response to his query on Daken.

"Metahuman with a criminal record.' Now there was an understatement for you.

Previous known location was Shanghai. Hm. From Shanghai to New York City?

Pulling up a map, he marked two dots on it. One for each city. "Jocasta, what was the date of Daken's sighting in Shanghai?"

On another page of information he read up on the other two hostiles from earlier. Lash and Hannya. Lash's details were rather alarming. Ultron clearly may have had a hand in shaping the man to have a grudge against the world. And he could disintrigate and teleport? Plus other hinted abilities with energy. Instead of asking Jocasta, he typed up a query by hand while the AI handled his other request.

[Lash's energy signature and type]

Hannya's information was worriedly small and as such didn't reveal anything new. Hopefully the ongoing investigation would turn up something to build on.

And now onto the main event. The SHIELD Vanguard.

Cameron slowly, and very carefully, perused through the names and details presented to him.

Agent Kowalski, Varnage, Condor, Misty Knight, & Blue Shield were still en route from the incident and Brock was securely sedated. Good to know, he also saw some details listing Varnage's sudden change in the midst of it due to the EMP attack, which made sense. That cleared the idea of him being too unruly, though he would have to find a way to ensure that an EMP wouldn't have that effect on him again.

Any one of those five would be a good fit, he typed their names up in a 'Pending' file for himself as he continued researching.

The Vision being around was highly comforting to all involved and he felt it was a given to have a chat with him due to the situation.

"Jocasta, what is Vision's current status and location?" he asked as the Deputy Director continued his long perusal.

Too bad Beta Ray Bill was off planet…shame on that. Could use him. And for some reason, Cameron Giles had some hope for a list from the X-Men Project. Alas, it too was pitifully small. Much smaller than he anticipated, still it was something.

Moon Knight, Colleen Wing, Doctor Voodoo, & Sabra were some names that leapt out at him on the 'unofficial' list. Not a bad selection to be honest, quite promising. Just a little on the…paltry side of things.

At least the Shady criteria got a good length of names…of course. Project 42 and indeed, pretty much anyone at The Raft were those he would most likely completely ignore without having to be told. That included The Wrecker. Yet names like Songbird and Atlas were some to at least give a thought toward. He put those two on 'Pending' for now as well.

Blade, Ghost Rider, and Deadpool…now those were three very interesting names to also get. Only one of them did he put on the 'Pending' area.

Seeing some of these names briefly gave him the idea of searching out Anti-Registration individuals and trying to persuade them to help despite differences. But that would take too long, too many resources, and was too risky both for SHIELD and himself. He'd keep it in the back of his mind for now, where it would stay most likely.

Blue Marvel and Spider Woman were gem finds in his mind and two names he had not expected to see listed. The call of Latveria must not have reached them for some reason or had they been asked to stay back? Something to look into. He put them on 'Pending' area.

Among the rookiee list, two names caught his attention potentially. Sean Baker and Kwon. Both had definite potential, but were definitely green with some risks of their own. The latter also had some interesting 'baggage' due to current occupation outside of working with SHIELD. He listed both as 'Pending' as well. Greenhorns could be good, though he wasn't entirely sold on the thought just yet.

A few other names here and there made their way onto the 'Pending' area as well. Such as one that was a true rumor, the SHIELD file was quite small on them, but the Deputy Director had heard of more recently. Once he even caught the aftermath of his mercenary work. Still, not much was known of this…Shadow Wild. There were ways to get in touch with that kind, however, and may be good to at least ask some questions. If nothing else, he may be able to wrestle up some more information for the database.

'Gemini' would keep a vigilant lookout for any new names that would pop up over time, especially if any of the big heroes returned, but for now he was pretty sure he was happy with his Pending list.

He glanced over at the time and frowned. Had that much time gone by already? Sighing, he got back to work again. Now he had to narrow it down further, finalize the thoughts in his brain…

Operation: Sanctuary was still in its infancy. At least that was what he called it for himself.

15. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

The silence wasn't that long, between Blue suggesting they move the conversation elsewhere and someone else speaking but, it felt like an eternity for the two teens.

"Hey, uhm…" Zack finally spoke up, "I have to check in on my virtual lab. I left an experiment running and must look in on it. You guys go ahead without me." Blue and Casey immediately looked at Zephyr waiting for his reply. Their hands gripped tighter, looking to support each other.

"Alright buddy, I’ll give Blue and Casey the full tour while you do that," Casey let out the breath she'd been holding in, Blue had yet to release, "I’ll try not to get too carried away, hehehe!" Something in the way he laughed made Casey brighten, it was like a small crack in his armor, a little window showing just how excited he was to have the two of them there. It made her feel a little special.

"This way please" Blue felt that their host was entirely too chipper considering what had happened just a few moments ago but, the young hero couldn't deny that something about his almost bubbly nature that always seemed to lighten the mood.

"This gym is a vital part of my well being," Zephyr started the teens following behind him, "it was only through training that I learned control and discovered ways to make certain things more natural. This was the best way to grow and to accept the reality that my abilities were a permanent part of my entire being." Casey looked away a pain in her chest, she didn't want these powers, and she most certainly didn't want them forever. "Thankfully I was taught from early that being different wasn’t a bad thing, metahumans were good or bad, just like anyone else, the only difference was that their unique gift allowed ‘us’ to do more" Her hands wrapped tighter around Blue's hand and her father's dog tags, she could kill someone with her 'ability' in her mind it was a curse. All she had done with it was harm her mother and break Blue's rib.

Blue kept his face stoic as the grip on his hand tightened, he was getting use to her nearly crushing his hand in her vice like hold. She was worried, he was too. Could her powers be harnessed, directed, controlled? Did Zephyr have the capabilities to teach her? Learning is one thing teaching is another. And what about him, the young hero that takes a beating what did he know about training, he never did anything. Then again his ability wasn't something you train to control, it just happens. He can't will himself to grow a third arm, or tell his wounds not to close. On the other hand, he'd never really tested it's upper limits, though that was something he didn't want to do, what if he goes too far, pushes his ability beyond its limits.

Coming up to a translucent wall Casey looked around Blue and could see blurry shapes beyond it. Something about the glass like wall looked stronger than it seemed. Would it be enough to hold her if she were to…no she couldn't lose control, not again. But was there a safe way to 'activate' her powers, one that didn't involve her mind going blank with fear, and her reacting without thinking? As the lights came on she squinted a little waiting for her eyes to adjust. Things eventually came into focus. She recognized a few things, a weight bench, a favorite of her father. She could still remember him lifting what to her seemed impossible amounts. Could she do the same?

Blue noted most of the same things as Casey but, also a dummy of sorts, the kind he'd only seen in martial arts movies, Zeke hoped it would the hero learn a fighting style but, Blue never felt comfortable trying anything he saw in it. Not that he had a recognizable fighting style, other than scrapping. Maybe he could learn a few things from Zephyr.

"Believe it or not," Their host spoke again, "everything does get used at one point or another, but I like playing with the shapes more than anything else" Casey noted the objects around the room, pyramids, cubes and spheres, seemingly made of different materials.

Swiftly a shining cube flew into the other man's hand. Blue felt himself step in front of Casey just a bit. As she looked around him she saw the shape suddenly shift, a ball, a pyramid, a star, a cylinder, then a spring. Her eyes widen, Zephyr was a Meta, was that why he thought he could help.

"There was a time when this exercise would end up with me holding a handful of goop," Blue looked to the now restored cube then back to Zephyr, realizing that if that could be used on a person, the results could be unpleasant. His mind wondered if that would be enough to push his healing past its limits, "and that was if I was lucky enough not to disintegrate the object altogether." Nope turning a body into a puddle was still more terrifying than disintegrating them. Though Zephyr didn't seem the type to do either of those things, something about him told the hero that he was incapable of doing such things.

"What I’m trying to say is, that like muscle or talent or skill, all we need is a chance to practice, to normalize. And by normalize, I mean, that a meta should become familiar with his or her ability, the way an artist goes to art school or a gymnast gets coaching." More doubt flooded Casey's mind. Was it really that simple? Did she even want to normalize this, to understand her power, or did she just want it gone. How would they train anyway, have her cut herself and see what happens? Her heart froze at the thought, no, no she couldn't do that.

"Life is about helping others right?" Blue nodded his head, that was certainly how his life currently worked, "At least that’s what I believe, and if I really believe that, this is how I choose to show it. Especially to a fellow meta." Zephyr's face was again beaming at the two of them, their faces held nothing but, worry. Blue was unsure of what he was doing here, Zephyr should handle this, Blue's place was out on the streets, fighting, not inside trying to train a meta just coming into her powers. It wasn't that he didn't care, it's that this is far outside anything he'd ever done before.

Casey worried about what she'd have to do to train herself, would she have to become that monster again, would she have to hurt someone again? Part of her wanted to run, go to a S.H.I.E.L.D registration office and ask to have this taken all away from her, or if they can't do that, lock her away, far away from people she could hurt. Though all her fear, she felt Blue's hand grip hers back.

"So what do you think?" Zephyr started, "Is there a chance that we can walk this path and embark in a journey of discovery? It won’t be without it’s challenges, of that I have no doubt, but I think it would be worth it."

Both of them are silent for a long time. Blue swallows hard and looks over his shoulder, under his bandanna his chin was quivering, he was scared, scared that if they messed up, it would harm Casey more, make her more afraid of what she could do. Casey was afraid too, afraid of what she could do to both of them. She gripped the dog tags and closed her eyes. In the darkness she could see her father, a mountain of a man, arms as thick as pillars, and the stance of a colossus. In her ears she heard his heart beat, steady, even, powerful. No matter what was happening his hear beat was always the same, it was calming to her. She opened her eyes once again, looking at Blue, her protector, his eyes had hardened, and his breathing was deep.

"I made a promise Casey, and I'm going to see it though," he said, voice oddly calm given the state his insides were in.

"But, what if I lose control, what if I hurt someone, what if I hurt you?" She said anxiety playing out on her face.

"Zephyr's right, if we never try to understand your power, you'll never get used to it, you'll always fear it."

"But I could still hurt…" She stopped when he put his left hand on her shoulder turning himself to face her fully.

"Hey," he said softly, "I'm pretty hard to break. Hit me I'll just heal. I'm built for punishment. We can do this…" he held up her hand showing both of their hands intertwined, "Together." His worry was still in his eyes, and his heart was still so uncertain, but, he still believed what he was saying. He could take whatever Casey could dish out, and hopefully no one else would have to.

Her hand shook in his a little, then she realized something, the pounding of her father's hear beat wasn't coming from her mind, she felt it though Blue's hand, she was feeling his heart beat. Her grip lessened on the dog tags and tightened on the young hero's hand. "Ok," she replied.

A smile grew on Blue's face as he turned around to face Zephyr, "We're in," he said,

"Where do we start?" Casey added, looking into her new friend's steely blue eyes.

TAG: Ameteth greyjedi125

16. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    Trainee Sean Baker

“How did that feel?” The Vision asked, picking up the arrows from the floor

Sean felt drained, not in an ill way. More like he had been out on the lash the night before and was now hung over. walking over to the table, he drained the bottle of water in a single swallow.

'I feel drained, I don't think i could exert myself like that again without a rest. Other than that, normal everyday task should be fine. What is next on the agenda?'

Tag@greyjedi125

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Rupert fforbes-Hamilton

Elijah nodded at Rupert once he heard him mention that he could create earth Golems. For a brit with an opinion, he at least possessed a useful ability, especially for the present situation.

It was true that the power outage would be noticed, but they had a back up system, that wasn’t coming on, he noticed. Still, waiting for back up was not a good idea. No one would come in time, in his estimation. He’d already seen what this enemy was capable of, he was fortunate to live to tell about it.

Rupert spoke his mind again, and used the word ‘Super Soldier’. Elijah leveled a look at the brit, but said nothing. There were more pressing matters to deal with at the moment.

“We act.” Elijah declared without preamble.

“He is too dangerous and cannot be allowed inside, that means I have to go out and draw his attention. That leaves you open to use your Golems. Don’t wait too long or I’ll…”

Elijah trailed off. He’d caught the sound of footsteps and voices. Most residents knew to stay inside during such situations, but the male orderlies were expected to investigate outages or malfunctions.

“Damn it!”

“You stay here.” Elijah turned and ordered Ms Clementine. He had to ignore the fear and anxiety he saw etched on her face. Without looking back, Elijah bolted from Rupert’s room and bounded down the main corridor and out the front door. He prayed he was on time. If any of the orderlies came to harm because of him….

Gami & Isaac

Firefly watched it all happen, all at once. Almost in slow motion.

With her special sight, she could see the girl, Gami, she was glowing bright, pulsing, then her colors changed and the brightness around her spread all over the surrounding ground.

Isaac had yelled “NO!” while in mid lunge.

Everyone seemed to pause for an instant.

Isaac fell on Jake and they both hit the ground, and were bathed by Gami’s bright effect. Even though they would not be able to see it, they would feel its jolting nature.

Max, who was still on the floor, would feel it too, but the sensation would be nothing compared to the shot he received a mere moment before.

The man who had shot him, would yelp and jump from the jolt he’d feel, but more from surprise, since he wore insulated boots.

His partner would turn around, as he would be taken by surprise from hearing Isaac’s sudden cry. Rosa, though already feeling tired, would keep running and stumble along.

Bull who was the furthest from Gami’s effect would get up, wondering what happened to Jake.

Sickle who was just missed by Gami’s electric field, would stay hidden, awaiting whatever came next.

Jake’s blade would go flying wildly, way over its intended target.

After also yelping out from the shocking jolt, Jake would let-out a series of expletives and angrily look at Isaac while still on the floor.

“WHAT THE ***** ARE YOU DOING!!!??” He’d demand, shaking in anger.

Gami was still laying low at ground level.

Firefly sighed in relief.

The two armed men, unsure of what was happening now, aimed their weapons. One trained his on Bull.

“Don’t move.” He ordered.

The other slowly approached the source of the yelling, which was being hidden by berry patches. There was certainly more going on here than met the eye.

Tag: @Ktala, @Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu likes this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC 28.57^3 (Darwin)
    Transia Woods

Traveling as they were, with Erasmus making noise in yet another language, one which SGC did not know the time was passed in idle walking and call chanting. It was a while before they finally had any results from his idea and he was feeling discouraged, no matter how his amic seemed to keep at it without pause beyond water to recover between shouts. Erasmus' seemed ability to be able to know they were there before they were by his 'nose' once more as the man had found him was a bit un-nerving. Then again the wounded often had as much to teach as the healthy, so SGC had had much to teach in all his wounded forms.

It amazed him some to see how things were changing. At the first his life had been surrounded by and knowing the advanced technology of the Skrull, then the slightly less advanced tech of Doom, and then the lower average tech of what he had come to know as 'average' humans in Latveria. And now he was met with Human - Gypsy with even lower tech. Acceptance was given at some level by the highest and now it seemed by the lowest as curved wood with stings and pointy sticks were aimed away and relaxed. Pointy sticks. Was there any lower they could sink? Yet they had the gym stones saying they were more advanced than this. Odd.

Still there was the question, what sage was was one question for later. A more pressing question was who Gaia was. He had followed in an awkward bowing motion that Erasmus had done before he had to state the obvious question. "Your name is Costel. Or is that merely what the children may call you? If merely they than I am not Darwin, but SGC." With a nod and clack of his mandible he then turned looking toward his amic, "Who is Gaia?" he asked in a quieter voice. He knew his mother and knew that he had to have had a Father but how would Erasmus know that man's name when Erasmus did not even know his Mother's?

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Gami

Gami crouched down on the warm earth, and breathed softly a sigh of relief. 'Thank you.' she mouthed softly, even as she concentrated on absorbing more of the sun's healing energies. Gami had never tried to take out a group of people before. She was very happy that no one seemed very hurt, and at least it had stopped things from becoming lethal. But she had not expected Isaac to come flying out of nowhere, screaming out, or for him to land or poor Jake, who was now spewing a multitude of epitaphs and curses at Isaac. Gami worried that it might get him kicked out from
    Woodlin...but at least he would still be alive.

She was worried that the spark woudlnt do much to the men, and it seemed it was right. One of the boys was still hidden. Guess her spark didnt hurt him either. Jake was still yelling at Isaac. The man who was going to shoot Rosa in the back quickly spun to look in the direction of Isaac and Jake. Right now, the strange men coudlnt see them, as
    they were on the other side of the bushes, but one of them was walking over towards them, while the other kept his weapon on the other watcher. Rosa was still running.

If the man walking towards Issac and Jake got to close to Gami, she would flip. She felt a little tired, but she was happy her effort to defuse the situation worked. But it seemed as if they would now have another one. Gami would stay safely hidden, until she was sure that these men were not major hostiles, or something happened that would
    make her act.

"Oh Isacc." she stated softly. All she wanted was some berries, and a chance to forget the outside world. Seemed like she was not going to get either wish today.

Tag: Darth_Elu, greyjedi125

20. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    IC: Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Zephyr’s Sanctum, West Side, NYC

Zephyr stood silent for a moment, allowing the feeling of accomplishment to sink in, for this was a milestone after all.

He couldn’t help but feel hopeful in the presence of Blueline and Casey, they were being admirably brave in their decision to go forward with his suggestion.
    Seeing how readily they came together to find comfort was a good sign. It was important for good teammates to get along, and to trust each other implicitly.

Trust, was the foundation of any good relationship, and for trust to be always present, everyone needed to be honest and open and transparent. At the very least with whatever was being shared.

Trust was never something that was easy to gain or earn, it was understandable why most people took their time getting to know one another, too much was at stake to just rush things.

“Were in”, Blue said, his eyes smiling while the rest of his face was obscured by his signature blue bandana.

“Where do we start?” Casey added looking directly into Zephyr’s eyes.

Her directness made him smile and blush a little, it was nice to know that the young lady had some inner strength that she perhaps was not aware of.

“Well, here’s is what I had in mind…” with a quick motion of his hand, three grey foam cubes would fly from a corner of the gym, these would be placed next to everyone for sitting purposes.

Inviting his new friends to follow suit, Zephyr would sit first to demonstrate that the cubes were firm and quite able to support them, they were indeed more comfortable than they looked.

Still smiling he’d continue in a cheerful tone.

“I’m thinking of speaking to my martial arts instructor to help. He is a very wise man and I trust him completely, he has become like family to me. I know that he’ll be able to help with some of our goals.”

A brief pause to gauge their reactions, this was all new territory and baby steps were necessary.

“And like Blue suggested, we should put our cards on the table. Right now we all know that Blue can regenerate his wounds at a fantastic rate, and that I can affect matter in any number of ways.”

Looking at Casey with a soft look, he would ask with noticeable gentleness…

“Casey, I’m going to ask you to share only what you want, and just about your abilities. It is evident that there is an aspect of this that has been hard for you and you don’t have to share that. But just for the practical aspect of knowing what we’re dealing with, I’m going to ask you to describe your powers and what you understand them to be, anything else you wish to add is up to you.”

Hoping that he wasn’t asking too much of the young lady, he would look at Blue for a second in a silent signal to be ready to work his calming magic should the need arise.
    Taking a small breath, he would wait patiently on Casey to marshal her strength and take her first step into new territory.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @galactic-vagabond422

21. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alastor Zingari
    40,000 Feet, Somewhere over the US
    DEM-QJ004 “Anvil”

Having checked the flight plan for the dozenth time Alastor leaned back into the pilots seat of Quinjet. Quinjet, in this case, was a relative term. SHIELD had pioneered the concept, surely, but in recent years, after so much tech fell in and out of so many hands with the Skrull QuinJet like vehicles were common with military groups, so common that nobody seemed to raise an eyebrow that PMC groups were owning them, or in DEM’s case, even building them.

The Anvil, one of DEM’s Peregrine models, was more closely related to the QuinJet’s of SHIELD than anything else. A High Speed long distance interceptor transport, the sort of perfect blend of speed, cargo capacity, and raw offensive power that took millions of UN funds to design, and a deft hackers hand to rip off. Unlike the WASP and her heavier lifting “Kestrel” brethren DEM built, which had been, quite literally, stolen from AIM.

This is all relevant information mind you, since like a QuinJet used by SHIELD, a Peregrine’s model has some size constraints and so you can imagine that being laden with cargo ranging from weapons to supplies along with personnel, space was at a premium, as was patience. Of which Alastor’s was wearing thin as he received a poke to his side, one of several dozen in the past few hours that had become so common that even he was getting sore in that spot.

“Ey, Zin.” The heavy Gaelic accent of O’neill rang in Alastor’s ears, the specialist having taken to ‘punishing’ Alastor for having to go get ACE by talking to him simultaneously through his comm, and in person. “You got us an ETA yet?”

“About five minutes less than it was the last time you asked.” Alastor replied, pointing to the flight clock, again, that displayed their estimated time of arrival. “We’re currently over the Midwest, we got about an hour of high altitude flight time then maybe twenty minutes of maneuvering to get into the hangars by the cliff. And I swear if you ask again I will make it so your voice is about three octaves higher than it is right now.”

“Whatever ya say Zin.” The larger Merc thumped Alastor in the back of the head, before retreating back into the hold, and squeezing himself back into his place, much to the annoyance of his partner Baker. It was at about that point that a holographic HUD appeared in front of him, displaying a white rabbit, Alice’s preferred avatar when she wasn’t using her humanoid one.

~ Mr. Zingari. We’ve had a drone preforming various scans of 1407 Graymalkin Lane. I can display the results here if you wish. ~

“Please, do.”

The display shifted from the rabbit to an aerial view of the Xavier’s Institute. Alastor clasped his hands together and placed them against his chin as his eyes went over the details of the estate. He took in a deep breath, trying to push back memories of when he was standing on the grounds, the fighting, the harm done to people who just wanted to live their lives.

Instead he focused on the details. It was clear the facility was closed to the public, the drone had taken image of the locks. The grounds were unkempt, in some areas it was over grown, but it seemed, unnaturally so, to him anyway. But that was probably from the other thing the drones picked up.

Outwardly the place was completely abandoned, there were no signs of use no apparent energy readings, but then the IR scans came up. Using IR the Drone had picked up several cameras, probably IR cameras considering they were showing up. They were located at key locations, dorms, main building, boathouse.

“Hey Z.” Alastor’s attention was broken as he looked up and saw Boomer, another member of Bad Break, holding out a protein bar. Alastor held out a hand, and Boomer, placed it in his palm with a clap, half handing him the item, half giving him a high five before climbing into the vacant co-pilots seat. “Rather peculiar.” The large Demolitions expert took a bite out of his own bar and pointed at the display. “Makes someone wonder why an abandoned educational facility would have need for IR camera’s that are EM hardened and giving off no energy readings.”

“Exactly what I was thinking.” He reached up and moved his hand over the display, “And I think I know why.” He shifted the display so that it was almost vertical, showing a level by level scan that moved down layer by layer, about a dozen feet underground, till it blacked out into a deadzone. “I happen to know from firsthand experience that Xavier’s has a large underground facility.”

Reaching out he tapped a few icons that appeared in a command HUD for the drone. “I think we need, a closer look. Because I think someone’s still at home…”

--- --- ---

Roughly 1,000 feet
    1407 Graymalkin Lane

The cloaked UAV hovered quietly above the seemingly abandoned institute, it’s various camera’s and sensors scanning the facility over and over again. It’s onboard computer churned the data, and sent it out to a relay station in upstate New York before it bounced around DEM’s network. To the House, HOME, the Data Storage Facilities in Saint’s Point off the coast of the UK, and Rifleman’s Point near Haiwaii.

The constant stream of outgoing data however did not keep it from receiving commands, and in the midst of its most recent transfer it received a new one, one to activate its Deploy Protocol. The UAVs munition bay opened, a bay that in combat missions would have housed bombs, or missiles, instead this time, three small tri-rotor drones slowly lowered out of the bay, descending down towards the Institute before shimmering out of view as optical camo came online.

After the tri-rotors had dispersed four small orbs fell out of the bay, falling down and through a tree near the pathway to the boathouse, several apples dislodged and fell to the ground along with them. After a moment the orbs rolled in place, split open along their lower hemisphere revealing four spindly legs that stood up, and also shimmered out of sight as they skittered along the grounds, one moving towards the boat house, two towards the main complex, and the final one towards the pool dormitories.

--- --- ---

40,000 feet
    Midwest United States

Now a total of eight readouts were floating in front of Alastor, four from ground level, three only a few dozen feet above the ground. “I remember the Boathouse had access to their underground, and SHIELD suspected that the main complex had several entrances and that there was something near the dorms and ball courts. Hopefully our little Spider Drones can find something.”

“And the mini-UAVs?”

“They’re the kind we use in our ARES kits, they got the little EM hack packages. I’m hoping, that while two observe the yard, one can get a bead in on the signal one of those camera’s is likely broadcasting. If they’re wireless anyway. Hopefully we can trace it without being discovered.”

“And if we are?”

“Can’t track melted slag back to us.” Alastor leaned back and crossed his arms, “But something tells me, I’ll be making a trip back to New York about as soon as we get this Jet unloaded…”

22. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

Day 1501 - Just past Power Outage!.

Well, true to form, Ellijah just reacted; bolting out of my room and heading for - I presume - the Main Entrance. No planning involved, seems like! Also not much observation, either, otherwise he'd have spotted, and most likely used, my private exit through the Conservatory.

"You're probably safest in here, Ms Clementine, while we don't know where that Sparky-Guy is."; I say as I turn my bed-chair and run it close to the Conservatory door. I direct my next remark to the purring feline on my shoulder. "Sorry I have to do this, Rufus, but it's an emergency!".

From my current position I can see through a gap in the vegetation through into the back of the flower bed next to the gate - and a nice patch of bare earth! I close my eyes - not that I need to do so for the initial steps - but I'm planning on a nice little covert reconnaissance to start out with. From experience, I know I'll be able to 'see' all the front garden (yard) and down the side of the building through my Creation's eyes, from there.

I concentrate, feeling the earth taking form and packing itself together. As usual, I feel a slight chill as I expend energy into the creation process. Additional energy, as I've established with the aid of the Conservatory's recording thermometer, gets drawn in from the nearby area, which also cools down.

When the Golem is fully-formed I mentally command it to open its eyes and start observing, while not being too obvious about it.

Darth_Elu, Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    (Combo post with Ameteth)

‘Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

Zephyr smiled back bringing an air of optimism to the room. Blue and Casey see the cubes move from the edge to right next to them. Both teens are a little unnerved by the display, still so unused to seeing their new friend's power. As he sat Blue followed suit, Casey remained standing for just a bit. Eventually she did take a seat and was pleasantly surprised that the object was rather comfortable.

"I’m thinking of speaking to my martial arts instructor to help." Blue gave a subtle look to Casey. She'd also turned to face him, worry written on her face again. The young hero had to admit he wasn't necessarily on board with bringing someone else into the little group that was forming. "He is a very wise man and I trust him completely, he has become like family to me. I know that he’ll be able to help with some of our goals." Blue nodded his head slightly, if Zephyr trusted this person, Blue would too, at every turn the other man had proven himself to be a very discreet and trustworthy person. Hopefully that extends to those he allows into his inner circle.

"And like Blue suggested, we should put our cards on the table. Right now we all know that Blue can regenerate his wounds at a fantastic rate," Casey gave a quick look over to the boy that hadn't left her side since this whole situation started. Then all made sense to her. That's why he said, he was built for punishment, and that's why he said he'd just heal. Part of her was a little ashamed at not putting it all together sooner, "and that I can affect matter in any number of ways." The girl still wondered how he did all those things, was it some sort of advance telekinesis, could he lift people, could he…change them…her stomach began to turn at the thought of a human body twisted into horrid forms and shapes.

"Casey," Zephyr's voice pulled her out of her little nightmare, "I’m going to ask you to share only what you want, and just about your abilities. It is evident that there is an aspect of this that has been hard for you and you don’t have to share that." She wrapped her arms around herself putting her head down. She was making herself smaller, unnoticed, part of her just wanted to disappear. "But just for the practical aspect of knowing what we’re dealing with, I’m going to ask you to describe your powers and what you understand them to be, anything else you wish to add is up to you."

There's a long silence as she thought about it, hands digging into her upper arms. She gave another worried glance to Blue, his eyes were kind, almost as kind as Zephyr's but, with a slight hardness to them. He tilted his head slightly trying to draw a reply from her. She took a deep breath, steadying her heart, then opened her mouth.

"When I get scared…" Her head was still looking down but, she still stole a look up before gluing her eyes to the floor. "Really scared, I…I become stronger, very strong." Blue rubbed his once broken rib, he could attest to her strength. "But, as well, I become something else, a…a…" her voice started to choke up, remembering the first time she turned, "a monster." She looked quickly to Blue hoping to read his face, it was still mostly hidden by the bandanna giving her only a murky picture of what she wanted to see. "I become so overrun by fear that…that I lash out at anything near me." Out of reflex she gripped the dog tags that were hanging from her neck, holding them like a talisman praying they would give her the strength to continue. "It doesn't matter who they are, I'll hurt them." The pain and sadness rose in her voice. Blue reached out a hand putting it lightly on her shoulder. Casey's heart rate spiked, and with a speed he'd only seen once before, she knocked his hand away. She looked up for the first time in a while, eyes wide with fear, breathing quickened by the nervous coil in her chest.

Blue backed off, he could see it, the pain in her eyes, she'd done something, something she couldn't take back, something she blames herself for.

Casey goes silent for a long time, eyes returning to the floor. Wheels were turning in her head. Blue was a hero, someone who up holds the law, and what she'd done, done to her mother was a crime. Leaving her paralyzed on the kitchen floor, it was worse than a crime it was heartless.

Blue cautiously moved closer, careful not to touch her in such a state. He leaned in, he could see and put together her words, she was worried about revealing what she'd done, she needed to know something.

"Hey," he said softly, only to her, Zephyr may have been very friendly to them but, he didn't get to know this, no one else, should know this. "It's ok, I've…" his throat closed up too, afraid to say the words. "I've hurt someone too…" his fist clenched as he gritted his teeth, "Very badly." His voice was low laced with regret. Casey looked to him again his face so close to hers. At this distance his eyes were remorseful, "You don't have to say, I understand." He put a hand on her shoulder, this time she didn't slap it away. Slowly her breathing returned to normal, and she looked ahead, a single tear falling from her eye.

"That's why I fear my power, it feels like I'm trapped in my own body. Like I can see what I'm doing but can do nothing to stop it. And the strength I have when I become that…that thing, it's terrifying." She stopped for another moment catching her breath again. She looked at her hand, the one she'd cut. She looked up to Zephyr, "Do you really think…" her voice cracked a little "Think I can control this? Control my fear." She held up her left hand extending the finger she'd cut earlier. "All it took was a little cut on my finger and I…I…" this time her mouth closed for good. She couldn't say it, she wasn't going to say it.

"It's alright." Blue said louder this time, letting Zephyr hear it, "You don't have to say," Blue gave a nod to their new benefactor, "I think we understand."

"Yes, we do, we understand." Zephyr nodded at Blue in silent approval and gratitude for his part in comforting Casey.

His silver-blue eyes were full of sympathy and a little sadness for the pain that Casey was enduring. He too had feared his abilities, the things he could do as a child, the things he did when his tantrums took sway and even in his sleep, both fanciful dreams and nightmares brought their own dangers.

But he was here now, in control and confident, and he needed to project that to Casey, to transmit to her the hope and help he had received during those years…his entire early life, when he was deemed too dangerous to have a normal life.

There was one thing he knew for sure, that change was possible.

Smiling again, he spoke in a tone that carried more than a hint of wonderment.

"You know, during my years of isolation and training and studies and training, I got to learn a bit about some of the heroes that the world looks up to."

"This info is classified, and it stays within these walls. But yea, it helped me get better, it helped me with clarity and purpose and setting goals"

Straightening up on his cube, he would lean forward a little as if sharing a secret.

"Did you know that Doctor Banner, The Hulk, was considered a dual personality, were both identities hated each other? The Hulk labored to keep Dr.Banner locked up inside and Dr.Banner labored to rid himself of the monster within. That must surely have been a tortured existence, on top of being branded a menace to society."

"Yet, he is still a hero today, he can be counted on when the hour is dire and the strength of a Titan is the only thing that would break the hold of evil."

"Likewise, Dr.Hank McCoy, better known as the Beast, I think he started with the X-men and then worked with the Avengers for a while. He too had problems with his appearance and abilities. But he is now a premier hero, regardless of appearance."

"Kurt Wagner, a.k.a Nightcrawler of the X-men, was persecuted as a demon and was said to be the very image of evil, yet he is most assuredly possessed of a noble heart."

"I remember reading through this secret data to find answers to my own struggle with powers that were hard to understand and control. I saw that these individuals surmounted their difficulties because they wanted to, and more importantly because they had help. They were good people, no matter how unforgiving the road."

"I see the same strength is you Casey, I believe you can do it; you can learn to replace Fear or Anger for an indomitable desire to protect, it really is just a matter of perspective, granted it doesn’t come overnight, but making the decision to learn and get better can lead to real options and ultimately, freedom."

"Plus you’ll have me and Blue to help you along, no matter how long it takes, we’ll be with you all the time. We’ll maybe except when Blue and I go on missions, you can drive the gateway car, right Blue?"

A lighthearted chuckle would fill the immediate area, hopefully lightening up the mood a little.

Blue laughed along but, rubbed his arm. Inside his mind was pulled back to memories, to a scene three years ago. Shattered glass and twisted metal, blood running down his face as he pulled Charlotte from the wreck. It wasn't his fault, the other driver missed the stop sign but, he was driving, he was responsible for her. His breathing was shallow, tears falling from his eyes. He touched her dark skin, it felt cold, and her eyes were locked looking up at the stars.

A half smile pulled at the left side of his mouth, "Heh, yeah, I don't drive, not anymore…" he was tempted to leave the sentence dangling like that not really giving anything but, he decided against it, "have you seen New York traffic." He hoped his weak attempt at humor would distract from questions about where he went in that split second.

Casey didn't really notice, she was still taking in the information Zephyr had just given them. Other heroes struggled and they overcame. She thought of Dr. Banner, the internal war between two sides of himself. Yes the Hulk could be counted on to do the right thing but, the destruction left in his wake, it was like a force of nature. In the grand scheme of things, did the damage the Green Goliath cause get balanced out by the good he did? Would she be the same, a mindless whirlwind of carnage? Nervously she looked to Blue, he was still smiling but, his eyes betrayed his feelings.

Was he afraid of her powers, did he think she couldn't control her powers, or was it just her? Yes others had gotten past their fears and used their curse for good but, Casey didn't want to be a hero. It wasn't that she didn't want to help others but, she didn't want the attention. Heroes were front page news, everyone was praising them, deriding them, picking them apart in the unforgiving arena of public opinion and with the SRA, being a hero was a profession, and those that went against it, branded criminals. She didn't want that. She looked up at Zephyr once again, his eyes so kind, face still smiling.

Maybe, maybe if she could just learn control, she could hide her powers, and live the normal life she strived for. Her mind drifted to going back home, a home she abandoned. No she couldn't go back there but, she was in New York City, a place of opportunity, and a place far away from where she came.

She took a breath finally looking up, her father's dog tags still wrapped in her hand. She tried to smile, to find her happiness again but, her face felt like it was having a spasm, trying to express her hope but, also her worry in the same breath, unable to decide which one to show.

Blue had watched her, he could see her struggle, coming to terms with what she was, what was being asked of her. Zephyr said this road would be unforgiving. The young hero knew all about hard paths, he'd been on one since, since Allison, probably even before that. His heart has been broken a hundred different ways, wide scars cover his heart. Could Casey handle this, the long road they were about to embark on? He looked at the ground letting out a breath. He didn't know what to say, the words weren't coming to him.

He reached out his hand and put it on her shoulder. As she turned he nodded his head. He thought this was what was best for her but, he would not make that decision for her, she had to.

She took another deep breath, setting her jaw, it was time to put on her brave face. She looked up face hardened but, eyes still so full of worry. "Thanks, for everything…" she paused for a bit, once she says these words there was no going back, she would commit to this course, she could not sway. Glancing over to Blue, his hand still on her shoulder, part of her knew he would stand by her, he'd made a promise after all. "So where do we begin?"

Zephyr took a deep breath and absently ran his fingers through his hair. A primping motion usually indicating new ground or new resolve.

"Well, we start by having a nice meal, I’m feeling a little hungry at the moment, plus I don’t want Zack to ‘virtually’ blow up my place with his ‘virtual lab experiments’, hehehehe!"

"Plus, I still want to go over the events at the rally with everyone. You know, compare notes, look at footage and decide what to do about the Morlocks; do we wish to get involved in this rescue attempt? Are we willing to risk possibly getting noticed by SHIELD? Or can we help in some other capacity? And the fact that there may be other groups of anti-registration metas, at least one more group that’s not prone to gratuitous use of violence, I would like to know more."

"So unless you have some pressing questions, let’s rejoin Zack. Oh, and I thank you for helping me protect him, especially by not mentioning my abilities to him, I don’t think the time is right yet."

Zephyr would look at his two new friends and await their response, it was important to dispel any worries and proceed smoothly to a delicious meal. They would probably have to order form one of his favorite restaurants in the area. He most definitely had his work cut out for him, but he couldn’t help the excitement that had settled in his heart. He was finally at the door of the Superhero world and he couldn’t wait to get started.

Blue nodded his head, the Morlocks were still something they hadn't talked about. They all owed them, the young hero didn't care about getting S.H.I.E.L.D's attention, he could always fade away, he was used to being invisible. However he wasn't alone, he had Casey to worry about. She was just coming into her powers, would throwing her into this world at this point be such a good idea?

The young woman swallowed hard, she still had her hand wrapped around her father's dog tags. Her eyes flicked between Zephyr and then Blue. Were they not going to get started on training, that's what she thought was going to happen. Now instead they were going to talk about helping those thugs. They may have helped her out, and she was slightly indebted to them, but, that didn't mean she wanted to help them. Though she didn't want to be separated from Blue not just yet.

The masked hero got up and moved to the door. He stopped to look over his shoulder at Zephyr. "Are you sure you want to talk about the riot with Zack there? He might want to get involved, and I don't think that would be good, for him or you." Blue tugged slightly on the bandanna over his face, "Your mask might start to slip, you may show who you are before you want to." He walked out Casey close behind him, leaving Zephyr to think or follow after. The young man knew more than most about keeping secrets, and how hard it can be sometimes. His new friend was entering a new world, one of excitement, yes, but also danger for himself and those around him. When the pressure's on certain things can be hard to keep hidden.

TAG: greyjedi125 Ameteth

24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I apologize for the late and short post. *bows in apology*

Isaac Angakkuq IC:
    ~Outside Woodlin Camp, Maine~

In the back of his mind, for just a split second, Isaac allowed himself to feel relieved. It was increased slightly by the shared feeling from Firefly. But then, all too soon, the real world forced him to focus and feel other things right away.

First off was the physical impact of hitting the ground with Jake after stopping his attack. Next was the mysterious jolt. Electricity? Who knows. And then…

Expletive! Expletive! Expletive!

"WHAT THE ***** ARE YOU DOING!!!??"

There was that.

He held up his hands to the camp watcher, "Stopping something worse from happening, trust me."

Whether or not Jake would like it, or tried to stop him, he would suddenly start standing up then to be in full view of the outsiders, though his gaze and voice were still directed at Jake initially.

"There's always another way," his attention shifted to the man with the weapon pointed his direction and Isaac already hand his hands up, "I'm sorry about that! You spooked my friends," he started as calmly as he could while making mention of Jake and Bull since they had been spotted. (Well, Jake's presence would at least be inferred due to his shouting earlier anyway)

"Can it be possible that violence isn't used here, please? I'm not sure why you're hunting people apparently, but I'm certain we can talk."

Now it was just up to the response. Depending on circumstances, he may or may not rely on that empathy ability again. But for now, simple banter would serve.

Tag: Ktala greyjedi125

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Rupert fforbes-Hamilton

Ms. Clementine observed in silence as Rupert closed his eyes and his breathing deepened. The man was either doing something she could not see, or had gone straight to sleep; it was hard to tell the difference, especially since she was not very familiar with other folks who possessed the ‘gift’.

For a moment, she was tempted to seek out Elijah. She knew he could be reckless and confrontational to a fault. She was about to move and an image of his wounds and his admonition to stay safe came to mind. Ms Clementine looked towards the immobile englishman, which did not help her feelings of helplessness.

Taking a breath, she gathered her wits and strength, then quietly left Rupert’s room, but made sure to close the door behind her. She’d gestured at the cat before exiting. “You stay and look after Mr. Hamilton.” She instructed, before closing the door.

The earth golem Rupert had created, rose from the patch of earth, slowly and methodically as it collected mass unto itself, a low hissing sound was the only evidence of its formation. The construct was generally broad and stout, its face featureless. It’s eye-sockets were deep set, and only a faint amber glow, like candles behind an opaque covering, depicted what passed for eyes.

The earth golem did not lumber forward, or move much. It only swiveled its massive head as it took stock of its surroundings, as directed by Rupert, who could see through its eyes from his position in his room.

The guardian where it had been raised was presently desolate, the flowers all around it seemed to be ‘asleep’, their colors muted by the falling dusk. A garden hose was coiled neatly nearby.

Looking down the path, the golem could see the front yard without difficulty. Two orderlies were face down on the floor, unmoving. Elijah was already there, crouched on the ground, he seemed to be wincing. A man stood several meters away. He wore a black leather jacket with blue zig-zagging decorations. He seemed to be angrily yelling something at Elijah. His hands were crackling with electricity.

The man pointed a crackling hand at one of the unmoving orderlies. Elijah raised his, biding him to stop, then the man would use his other hand to send a jolt of electricity at the ex-soldier, then laugh mockingly.

The scene repeated itself.

The signs were all there. The situation would escalate before the authorities arrived. Elijah Woods was a man of action and stubborn as the day was long. He was not one to ‘stay down’.

Something was about to happen, either by accident or by design.

Blueline, Casey & Zephyr
    ’Sanctum Sanctorum’, NYC

“Well, everything looks good.” Zack declared after checking his calibrations and other details of his virtual lab. Now that he was an assistant lab tech at the Baxter Foundation, he could ill afford to be lenient with timetables. Precision was everything when it came to science.

Entering a few commands and instructions into the desktop computer, Zack secured the lab before logging off. Satisfied and eager to join the others, he quickly made his way upstairs, but only made it half-way. Zack meant to announce himself, but stopped short as he heard snatches of conversation.

Slowly he inclined his head to hear better, but there was not much improvement.

“Wait….what?”

Zack wasn’t exactly sure what he was hearing, or that he was ‘hearing right’ for that matter. What he was imagining was more than a bit confusing.

“…that can’t be right…which one…”

Then he heard his name mentioned, followed by footsteps. The gym tour was coming to an end.

Zack made his way back down with a good measure of alacrity and returned to the desk he’d just been sitting. He positioned himself to look out the balcony windows, while mentally talking to himself.

“Archive info, stay focused. Ask questions later, stay focused. Breathe. Good, good.”

Zack turned around just in time to see Blueline and Casey back in the living room.

“Hey, you guys are done already? I was just about to go up and join you.”

His smile came naturally as his mind focused only on the present moment. Zak let the music carry his mood as he reached for his own glass of water and took a cool and refreshing sip.

Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422

Gami & Isaac

“WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING!!??”

Jake was glaring angrily at Isaac, feeling quite incredulous as he tried to understand what had just happened. He’d been tackled and somehow jolted, seemingly all at once. He watched, as Isaac, latest addition to the Woodlin Camp, held up his hands and spoke.

“Stopping something worse from happening, trust me.”

Firefly, unseen by everyone else, joined him just then as she flitted around him, her relief palpable only to Isaac.

‘That was close’, she commented, though only he alone could hear her.

The approaching man stopped an leveled his weapon at Isaac, who already had his hands in the air.

Bull snorted, but did not move or raise his hands. The other man still had his weapon pointed on the large camp watcher. He did not take his eye off him and waited for his partner to make a report.

Isaac continued.

“There’s always another way.” His attention shifted to the man with the weapon pointed in his direction. “I’m sorry about that! You spooked my friends.” he said calmly.

Jake closed his eyes in disbelief and shook his head at the rookie, bitter disgust swelled in the pit of his stomach.

“Can it be possible that violence isn’t used here, please? I’m not sure why you’re hunting people apparently, but I’m certain we can talk.”

“That all depends.” The man with the gun said wearily, not advancing.

“Peace is a choice.” A familiar voice interjected.

The man looked behind Isaac and seemed surprised. He hadn’t noticed anyone approaching.

“We would much rather talk, peacefully. Beside, he said please, which is still a magic word around these parts. So, would you please put away your weapons. They are no longer needed.”

Momma Woodlin stood several feet diagonally from Isaac, a pleasantly calm smile upon her face. She placed a hand on Isaac and bid him put down his hands. Her gentle eyes met his and she nodded softly at him.

Her eyes also found Gami. To whom she smiled and winked. Then, without looking, she made a subtle hand gesture aimed past Gami.

“Jake. Get up.” She instructed simply. The watcher huffed in response, he knew better than to argue. With a groan, Jake got up on his feet and leveled an even gaze at the man with the gun.

“Who are you?” The man with the gun inquired pointedly at Momma Woodlin.

“I would ask you the same.” Momma Woodlin countered. “ But that wouldn’t get us too far, wood it?”

She couldn’t help herself. Momma Woodlin sneaked a ‘wood joke’ at the expense of the man. She chuckled briefly despite herself.

“I’m their leader and though we generally welcome strangers, we do not take kindly to those bearing arms in such a fashion. Now, who are you and what is your business here.”

“We are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.” The man stated. He paused a moment, then after brief consideration, chose to holster his weapon.

“I’m agent Elias and that’s agent Barnes.”

Agent Barnes still had his weapon pointed at Bull.

“Stand down, agent.” Elias instructed, to which Barnes complied, if only after a moment’s hesitation.

Momma Woodlin began to move now. “Please continue, I’m listening…” She said. With decisive movements, she positioned herself next to Max. She crouched down next to him and felt his pulse. Satisfied, she reached inside her robe, then brought a cupped hand to his nose. After a moment, Max coughed involuntarily.

“We are a ‘retrieval team’. We’ve tracked an object to this location and it seems one of your people is in possession of said object. That woman over there. If possible, we would like to retrieve the object without causing an incident.”

Rosa was a good distance away, but she had stopped running. She was out of breath and already tired from her exertions.

“Y-you..shot me.” Max groaned out accusingly from the floor.

“Hush child, rest.” Momma Woodlin instructed him.

“You tried to steal government property.” Elias reminded.

“How do you propose we resolve this impasse?” Agent Elias inquired.

“A good question.” the camp leader said with a nod, her arms now cradling Max. Turning to Isaac, she inquired of him;

“What are your thoughts on the matter?”

Jake’s eyes got wide in surprise. He opened his mouth to object, but he quickly shut it. He found very little solace as he looked on in silent displeasure.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Ktala

Trainee Sean Baker

“I feel drained, I don’t think I could exert myself like that again without rest. Other than that, normal everyday tasks should be fine. What is on the agenda?”

The Vision nodded and offered a faint smile before responding. Inwardly he noted that trainee Sean was responding positively to his training thus far, and did not exhibit any noticeable adverse effects.

“I believe you have a political science class after your scheduled hour free time, which starts about now, followed by S.H.I.E.L.D vehicles, if I’m not mistaken.”

The synthezoid gestured for Sean to follow him out of the Danger Room, which would lock down automatically after their exit.

“You know, you’ll have to complete your firearm training and certification as well, that is, if you wish to become a full-time agents with S.H.I.E.L.D. Is that where you see yourself?”

It was clear the Vision was making conversation as they walked towards the main lift banks. The question was not an idle one, but both informative as well as reflective.

Tag: @Zurros Ka

Niman Morris (Shadow Wild)
    New Orleans, Louisiana

“Why not New Orleans. You have 2 hours.”

To some, two hours was a long time, to others, the ones who could influence things, two hours was simply a standard measure of time; no more, no less.

New Orleans: 29º57’N 90º4’W
    Estimated Population: 1.5 million

How hard would it be to find a single man who’s given no specific location to be found?

That, would depend on who you ask, and their resources. Difficult for some, child’s play for others.

No doubt Mr. Morris would try to make things interesting, which would help him to draw his own conclusions. Good, a thinking man, that’s what the job required.

The man also known as Shadow Wild was displayed as clear as day upon the large screen, his well muscled form smashing his phone underfoot before moving on.

A faint smile.

“Looking forward to it.”

Two hours was more than enough time to arrive at The Big Easy.

Tag: @Twelve3Feven

SGC 28.57^3 (Darwin)
    Transia Woods

The gypsy men guarding the area appeared from their hiding spots and greeted their two visitors. Erasmus could not see them, yet still offered a courteous bow upon their reception.

After doing the same, a voice was heard.

“Your name is Costel. Or merely what the children call you? If merely they, then I am not Darwin, but SGC.”

The gypsy men seemed visibly astounded at the unexpected turn.

Costel is our brother. I am Barsali.” the young man responded, as he exchanged looks with his fellows. “We are honored by your presence, Esgeecee.”

Erasmus was experiencing a mixture of both surprise and amusement himself. Sensing that his ‘amic’ turned to him, the blind man leaned in closer.

“Who is Gaia?” his friend inquired in a low voice.

The blind man palmed his face and smiled, inwardly chiding himself. His friend was exceedingly smart, this was the reason why he kept forgetting that his ‘amic’ did not possess the same academic learning he assumed everyone had. Teaching him things was a delight, of course, but sometimes it resulted in some unintentional awkwardness.

“Gaia, is a symbolic and mythological personification of the Earth, that is to say, our planet, she is also considered the Great Mother, she is Nature, the giver of life. We are all, symbolically speaking, children of Gaia. I mentioned her because many gypsies affiliate themselves with this philosophy. It was a way to gain their confidence and touch on a greater, unifying truth.”

There was no way for Erasmus to know if this answer satisfied his friend. The only inkling he ever had was derived from answering more follow-up questions.

“Please, follow me. This way.”

Barsali jumped down from the branch he stood on and landed gracefully. Erasmus followed the sound and nodded. “Just lead the way.”

The gypsy man signaled to the other three, who disappeared into the adjacent green without another word.

Waving for them to follow, Barsali noticed that the man, Erasmus, was indeed blind. Nodding in understanding, he moved and placed Erasmus’ hand on his shoulder.

“Can you keep up?” He asked.

“I’m not THAT old.” Erasmus said with some humor. Barsali chuckled and moved forward, leading them through an underbrush and several hidden paths.

“Why do you seek us?” their guide asked after sometime.

“We need to reach Wundagore Mountain.”

Barsali spared a glance at the pair, but said nothing else as he continued.

Soon, the trio came to a creek, which they crossed without trouble.

“We are almost at the camp.” He announced.

The freshness and beauty of the forest was undeniable. It was hard to believe that such a place coexisted in the same world with beings who cared only for their own ends.

Barsali slowed his pace, just as they neared a clearing. “The journey to the mountain is said to be dangerous, given recent events. Are you sure you wish to do this?”

He glanced at Erasmus.

“Esgeecee…?”

Barsali halted, if for a moment, as he awaited a response.

Alastor Zingari’s roving drones
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, Westchester County, N.Y.

The four skittering mechanical spies went about their assigned duties, gathering and relying information. Two had moved toward the main complex, leaving one to investigate the boat house and the final one the dormitories.

One of Warren Worthington’s speedboats was still anchored by the pier. It’s cover showed evidence that it had not been removed for a long time. Leaves and other sorts of detritus had collected over time. This very boat house had served to facilitate many an escape from the mansion during its darker days, now it stood silent. The hidden camera was live and functioning without issue.

All the windows and doors were leading in and out of the dormitories were well sealed and shut. There was no evidence of entry. Even the chimney was shut tight. Squirrels and birds were the only ones making use of the ample roofs. The days of hide-and-go-seek by flying mutant children were long gone.

The report would not be much different concerning the main complex. All exits and entrances were shut tight, but surveillance was still operational. There was no evidence of high security measures or antipersonnel countermeasures on the grounds, at least none that were active or activated.

There were however, two detectable signals. One seemed to belong to a local network, while the other was possibly a sat-link. Each was in direct relation to the security feed, and both were encrypted.

Thus far, it appeared none of the four spy-drones had been detected.

Perhaps luck was on their side.

But for how long.

Tag: @Kahn_Iceay

OOC: Please forgive typos, errors and the like

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.