main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Marvel: New Beginnings

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Climperoonie, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Climperoonie

Climperoonie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2008
    Welcome to
    [image=http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s89/Climperoonie/SWTWCposter.jpg]
    An RPG that puts you in control of all your favourite heroes.

PREMISE
    It is a time of change in the world. Humans who are born with special abilities have begun to appear all over the planet. These humans, or MUTANTS as they are now called, have been shunned by Homo Sapiens. A safe sanctuary for these mutants has now appeared. It is XAVIER'S SCHOOL FOR THE GIFTED. Meanwhile, non-mutant people with powers have cropped up. An organisation called the Strategical Homeland Intervention, Engineering and Logistics Division, aka SHIELD, has been founded by GENERAL NICK FURY to deal with all superhumans. And now, the planet watches as it is steered onto a different course, but is it good, or bad? That is up to you to decide....

RULES
    This is set at the dawn of all Superheroes' careers. We want EARLY CHARACTERS. No Venom yet, sorry folks. If you are desperate to play a future character, you may be their Secret Identities (e.g. Eddie Brock) so you know you have a chance to get them. We are loosely following the comics, so we want some of the teams from the comics, whether good (e.g. Avengers) or bad (e.g. Sinister Six). We also want to keep to the basic origins (Peter Parker being bitten by an irradiated spider, Bruce Banner being bombarded by Gamma rays, Steve Rogers drinking the Super Soldier serum), but Where and Why are up to you. You are allowed up to two characters, one good and one bad. We want Spelling and Grammar. Even if you write a post quickly, it's no excuse to have bad English. All the standard RPG rules apply, and most of all, have fun!

CHARACTER SHEET(TO BE PMed TO ME)
    USERNAME:
    CHARACTER NAME:
    ALIAS:
    SIDE: (Good or Evil)
    POWERS: (If any.)
    TEAM AFFILIATION: (If applicable)
    NPCs:
    APPEARENCE:
    PERSONALITY:
    BIOGRAPHY:

And my Character Sheets, for reference:
    USERNAME: Climperoonie
    CHARACTER NAME: Spider-Man
    ALIAS: Peter Parker
    SIDE: Good
    POWERS: Strength, speed, Spider-Sense, Wall-Crawling, agility.
    TEAM AFFILIATION: N/A
    NPCs: Aunt May, Mary-Jane, Uncle Ben, Flash Thompson, Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborn
    APPEARENCE: Lanky, brown hair, glasses. As Spider-man, red and blue spandex with webbing patterns.
    PERSONALITY: Shy and dweedy, Peter is intelligent but lacks social skills. As Spider-Man, he has confidence and often cracks jokes while fighting villians.
    BIOGRAPHY: Born to Richard and Mary Parker, Peter Parker was orphaned at an early age due to a plane crash. He was raised by his Aunt May and Uncle Ben. He didn't make many friends in school, and spent most of his time working hard. Due to his intelligence, people like Flash Thompson picked on him and left him feeling more of a social misfit. During a trip to Dr Curt Connor's science exhibition, he was bitten by a Radioactive Spider and developed amazing abilities. Using them for himself, he let a thief escape with a TV Show producer's money due to an argument earlier. His uncle was then later murdered by the very same thief, and he learnt the meaning of with great power comes great responsibility.

USERNAME: Climperoonie
    CHARACTER NAME: The Green Goblin
    ALIAS: Norman Osborn
    SIDE: Evil
    POWERS: Strength, Agility, Speed
    TEAM AFFILIATION: N/A
    NPCs: Harry Osborn
    APPEARENCE: Brown hair, tall, thin-faced. As Green Goblin, Green rubber costume with purple vest, gloves and boots. Green and Purple rubber mask.
    PERSONALITY: Selfish and cruel, no respect for his son Harry.
    BIOGRAPHY: Norman was a born industrialist. He founded Osborn Industries and began a weapons and chemicals buisiness. Norman's company was second to only one - Stark Industries. Due to this, he was always attempting to better Stark and foolishly tested his Strength serum on himself. It worked, but created a split personality, which manifested itself as something Osborn was always frightened of - A Goblin. He created a suit

2. Climperoonie

Sep 2, 2008
    Argh, sorry about the screw up at the top of the page. I went out straight after posting and by the time I came back it was to late to change it.

I_H Edit: Fixed :)

3. Climperoonie

Sep 2, 2008
    Okay, two new people. One more and we start. BTW, actual logo is:
    [image=http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s89/Climperoonie/Marvel.jpg]

4. Mango_Salsa

Mango_Salsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    USERNAME: Mango Salsa
    CHARACTER NAME: Tom Shade
    ALIAS: Tommy Shade, Tommy the Wall, Tommyknocker, The Shadow Man
    SIDE: Neutral
    POWERS: None

TEAM AFFILIATION: Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation
    NPCs: Ed Garner (owner, UCWF), other wrestlers, valets
    APPEARENCE: 6'3", muscular, Caucasian skin, bald, blue eyes. Wears black and grey pants with red, green and yellow piping, and a high-collared black cape lined with red when he enters the ring.
    PERSONALITY: When outside the ring, Tom is quiet and tends to keep to himself. He doesn't have friends per se, but does get along socially with other wrestlers.
    BIOGRAPHY: Tom doesn't discuss his past beyond his beginnings at WWA4 in Atlanta, a school for wrestling that he happened to enter. His strength and agility, combined with his uncanny ability to absorb and process information, brought him to the attention of Ed Garner, owner of the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation. Contract in hand, Tom now travels with the federation.

5. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    [image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/THEPUNISHERV522-UPISDOWNANDBLACKISW.jpg]

USERNAME: Nancy Allen

CHARACTER NAME: Francis Castiglione, aka Frank Castle

ALIAS: The Punisher

SIDE: Neutral, Frank's vigilante crusade puts him at odds with many superheroes.

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/THEPUNISHERV501-INTHEBEGINNING01-13.jpg]

POWERS: The Punisher is a seasoned combat veteran of exceptional skills. A former U.S. Marine Captain with a distinguished combat record, Castle underwent Reconnaissance, Force Reconnaissance and Scout Sniper training while in the U.S. Marine Corps. He attained dockets that permitted him to train with the U.S. Army Airborne School and the U.S. Navy Underwater Demolition Team, becoming qualified as a Navy SEAL. With his extensive military training, Castle is well versed in conventional and unconventional warfare. He is a master military strategist and tactician. Castle is proficient in not only basic infantry skills, but in special operations which includes the use and maintenance of specialized firearms and explosive ordnance. He is also thoroughly trained and experienced in guerilla warfare and counter terrorism. He is highly trained in various forms of camouflage, stealth and infiltration into heavily-guarded enemy territories and structures for the purpose of Search and Destroy, Combat Search and Rescue or Reconnaissance missions. Castle is a skilled Paratrooper and Frogman. His hand-to-hand combat skills are more than sufficient to allow him to incapacitate and kill men much stronger than he is, as well as to deal with groups of armed and unarmed enemies, killing them all without weapons if he deems it necessary. He is also extremely deadly in knife fighting, preferring the knife he learned to fight with in the USMC: the KA-BAR. In addition, he is a trained combat medic capable of providing battlefield medicine. Castle's military training and his years of vigilantism have made him a master of interrogation and coercion. He achieves this through brutal intimidation either by physical or psychological tactics. Castle has also displayed an exceptionally high tolerance for pain, allowing him to undergo surgery without anesthesia.

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/THEPUNISHER27_TAG.jpg]

Castle is an athletic man who has received U.S. Marine training in hand-to-hand combat, martial arts, marksmanship, and weaponry. He has also undergone recon training, and has earned his UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) certification.

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/PUNISHER25_08.jpg]

TEAM AFFILIATION: Castle mostly works alone or with the aid of Microchip, but he has done the odd work for Nick Fury and SHIELD.

NPCs: Linus "Microchip" Lieberman

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/PUNISHERV504405.jpg]

APPEARENCE: The Punisher's outfit is a form-fitting black Kevlar bodysuit with a large white skull on his chest. According to the character, this draws the attention of the criminals to aim at his heavily armored body instead of his more vulnerable head. Each tooth of the skull is actually spare ammunition for firearms. Castle has alto used attire consisting of a black t-shirt with a white skull on the chest, black jeans or cargo trousers, black combat boots, and a black trench coat.

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/PUNISHERV504506.jpg]

PERSONALITY: The Punisher differs from the majority of comic book protagonists. Whereas all are vigilantes in that they work outside the traditional system of law and order, the Punisher is one who works outside the "traditional" rules, because he does not feel remorse in killing. This often creates friction when he is forced to work alongside heroes like Spider-Man, Captain America, and Daredevil, many of whom abide by a "no-killing" rule which they insist he follow during collaborative efforts. He has also worked alongside Wolverine a number of times, which is a somewhat more successful partnership. While Wolve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.