main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marvel Return of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jon_Bidinger, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon_Bidinger

Jon_Bidinger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2003
    The Marvel 4-issue series was not collected into any Classic Star Wars TPBs, it was collected in the Return of the Jedi and Return of the Jedi:SE TPBs, correct?

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Mhh, I'm pretty sure that's a yes.

3. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    It was collected in Classic Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi and the SE TPB. It wasn't part of the "A Long Time Ago" series.

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    That's right -- back in 1994, it was also collected into two separate issues (as were the original Roy Thomas ANH and Goodwin/Williamson ESB adaptations) before the all-in-one TPB hit.

Dark Horse restored and recolorized all three for these two-issue deals, whose remasters were then used in the TPBs.

5. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    Heh, yeah I have the original TPB from 1983. The TPB skipped some pages from the seperate comics though.

6. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Back in October 1983 (on the very morning I started enrollment at a new school), I bought the Marvel Return of the Jedi trade paperback collection at a drugstore, which was great for me, seeing as how I was still missing something like one or two of the individual issues.

At least I'd been keeping up unbroken with the monthly Marvel book since late '81, which threw me for a loop when they released Jedi as a separate mini-series, unlike the incorporated ANH and ESB adaptations.

A couple months later, I finally completed the original issue-run. In the collection, I noticed a few altered panels, some text-tweaking, etcetera...although, to this day, I still prefer the TPB's more streamlined version over the slightly grandiose fonts used in the issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.