main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Generally the standard ones, which are used as issue/chapter breaks.

For variants - there's the Star Wars: The Covers series. (Come on, we know it'll be a series...)

2. Rebel-Jedi

Rebel-Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 26, 2005
    Thanks for the Info, instead of buying the monthly issues I'm just going to wait and get the Collected Editions.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Check out the Trades thread for the timetable as far as it's known.

4. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    Did anyone buy The Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Empire: Volume 1?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Give it time, it's only just come out this week!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That is out now? Alright.

7. Captain RX

Jul 30, 2014

A few options:

1) Wait for the trade paperbacks. They collect about 6 issues at a time and come out shortly after a story arc is completed. These can found on Amazon (www.amazon.com) or IST (www.instocktrade.com). This is usually the recommended option as its cheaper than buying the floppies every month, you don't have to stress over figuring out when issues are coming out and if they are going to sell out before you get there, keeping track of story, etc. Only downside is that the Paperbacks will be a few months behind the monthlies so if your impatient or unable to avoid spoilers this may not be the best option

2)Buy the issues each month. This requires either subscribing to Marvel, ordering from a comic store (www.midtowncomics.com) or visiting a local comic shop. In order to keep track of when issues are coming you can use www.marvel.com they have a comic release schedule, Midtowncomics or this very forum. However be warned that issues release dates, creative teams, and content are subject to change at any time so it is a negative if you don't want . Me personally Collecting the individual issues is fun for a few issues but then trying to keep track of when everything is coming out grows tiresome and I just end up waiting for the trade paperback it's also a bit more expensive since your paying $4 an issue but if you get a paperback with 6 issues you can find it for as low as $10-$12 on places like Amazon.

3)Get a subscription with Marvel Unlimited. Netflix style service. You pay a monthly fee but you have access to everything all of Marvels comics, the ENTIRE Star Wars comic library and the new stuff coming out. However this service does run behind the monthly schedule (They have not received the new canon Star Wars comics yet though it has been confirmed they are coming soon).

yodafan1031 and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, Amazon has release date of 28 April, comic shops would have had it for a week or two before, but it's still an RRP $35-40 trade and most people get paid end/start of the month.

9. Captain RX

Jul 30, 2014

Actually I think comic stores and Instocktrade have had it for two weeks now but for some reason book stores and Amazon only got it this week.

10. Captain RX

Jul 30, 2014

Its $20 at IST and $25 at Amazon. It would be crazy to pay $35-40 for it

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Of course it would, but don't underestimate some people's sense of loyalty to their local shop.

Still think it more likely to get people buying stuff now as opposed to a week or two back when cash would have been lower.

Diamond distributes 2 weeks ahead of the main book suppliers which allows small independent shops to have a chance of competing with the likes of Amazon by getting it earlier as they can't do so on price.

That said, some online booksellers have superior supply chains compared to Amazon and tap into those same supply lines!

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Can we rename this thread "Ask Ben: Marvel Star Wars"?

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Might as well.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I really want a clone mini series after watching Bad batch.

darklordoftech and SilentGuy66 like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Looks like an non-helmet wearing member of the Pikes, to me.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Picked up mine today with B&N discount and coupon. It's nice! I look forward to building up my LEGENDS comics collection in this way.

I have the three post-TPM Omnibus volumes (Emmissaries and Assassins, Quinlan Vos, Menace Revealed), and the three Clone Wars volumes. As much as I enjoy them, their screwy chronology makes it likely I will pick up the Epic Collection volume when its released. Seriously - reading through the DH Clone Wars volumes in a coherent order involves a lot of weird flipping back and forth between volume 1 and 2. Same with the post-TPM comics.

Plus this collection is going to look sexy on my shelf.

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    So they are at B&N? We can pick them up in store? Asking because they can't/don't carry the Marvel single comics. TPB's and the like are still good?

19. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Ywah. BN has a huge section devoted to tpbs.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    There's so many things wrong with that sentence!

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Thought I'd repost this here: Simone Bianchi talks to comicbookresources.com about Secret Wars and Star Wars 7.

"At Star Wars Celebration, Marvel announced you as the artist for "Star Wars" #7. How did you get involved in drawing that issue?
    Yes! I was missing [drawing] interior pages so much because I haven't done any since last summer, so I sent an email to C.B. Cebulski asking him for a new, whole project. He proposed me "Star Wars!" Quick test: guess how long it took me to accept?
    I did two "Darth Vader" covers as well, recently, so I have come much closer to the Star Wars Universe lately.
    So you're a Star Wars fan?
    Of course! Like, I guess, 95% of my colleagues, both artists and writers -- we all have grown up with the myth of these characters, and we have got familiar with them through all kinds of media, and not only at the cinema.
    You're illustrating a one-shot issue which focuses on Ben Kenobi's life on Tatooine. What have you most enjoyed about the issue so far?
    I am enjoying depicting Tatooine! But to be honest, all [of the] characters have such a great legacy that is an absolute pleasure to draw them all!"

22. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014

Sounds like I'll be waiting for trades...

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Then follow the link!

24. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    After the first arcs wrap up I'm switching back to trades. They're easier to pack and store for a nomad like me.

25. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    And, the only thing I am still confused about is this...will Marvel comics that have been released beginning this year also be considered canon?