main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Rogue One seems like the PERFECT catalyst (ha! no pun intended!) to begin a new series of minis. Chirrut and Baze, Cassian, Jyn, K2SO, Krennic, etc down the road following the release of the film.

Although a Saw Gerrera ongoing from the declaration of the Empire forward could be BRUTAL. Also KG's style.

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    If Lucasfilm is going to be thinking about doing a series of movies based around these spinoff flicks I think the Han Solo movie would be the one they would do it for and not necessarily R1. There is a definitive story to be put on screen on how the death star plans got stolen but what story is left to be put on screen after that. We already know what happened after the plans got stolen but after that what could they tell that would be interesting enough to make a movie out of that would involve these new characters? How they just went back to their previous old lives? How they stayed with the Rebellion but were placed in an outpost that wasn't important enough to even be mentioned in the OT?

vong333 likes this.
  3. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I would also like a Saw Gerrera comic, since we know he has a backstory with Agent Kallus and a Lasat Mercenary, which I think would be awesome to see.

Taalcon likes this.
  4. Jorus C'Baoth 2882

Jorus C'Baoth 2882 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 18, 2015
    My guess is it's probably going to be a continuation of Rogue One or Boba Fett related thing. Aphra's likely too, but my money's on one of the first two.

5. IG-88Droid

IG-88Droid Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2016
    "a fantastic Obi-Wan and Anakin" dies of effin laughter. You call that fantastic LOL?

Those Boba Fett - Vader panels look intriguing, where are they from?

6. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

The Darth Vader series.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would also vote that 2 issues in December kind of puts a damper on it being a Rogue One-centric comic because I can't see Marvel releasing high profile Star Wars comics on Dec 21st and Dec 28th (or whatever cuz weekly shipping goes sideways in the holidays). Unless they can release issue #1 of a hypothetical Rogue One series before the movie comes out and somehow not spoil what happens. The reshoots were probably what KO'd the original Rogue One miniseries comic and the movie just had to swap composers due to the schedule moving around, that's a couple of fallouts just due to the movie reshooting stuff and getting two issues of a newly made Rogue One comic off the ground for December seems unlikely.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  8. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    Rogue Squadron

Jedi Ben and vncredleader like this.
  9. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

That could be true. However if they still have the series listed as classified after Vader #25 is released here in a few weeks do you think that will likely rule out the Aphra ongoing theory?

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If it's still Classified after the final issue of Vader, then I'd lean more towards Rogue One. When Vader #25 hits, we will see.

11. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    For a five issue mini? Yea, it was pretty good. Not just because of the current story that played out, but also because of the larger story that was occurring in the "past".

I would assume that an ongoing could tackle a bigger issues, but as a symmetry point with his own Apprentice, yes, showing Anakin having thoughts of leaving the order and how it played out was pretty interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vncredleader likes this.
  12. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah we will see. I still think it is pretty far-fetched for it to be Aphra mainly because I don't think they would devote an entire ongoing series to a non movie/tv show character just yet.

But again we will have to see. On one of the recent Star Wars shows Heather from Marvel was on there and she brought up Aphra.

13. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    What if both camps are right? What if it's a R1 and Aphra spinoff? She'd be around timeline-wise, and it's not outside the realm of possibility for someone of her questionable character to be involved with heists and such....

Darth_Voider and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Yeah I think they definitely will use Aphra in the series (if she survives of course) no matter what. I think it would be much more likely for her to be a recurring character though instead of the character that the entire series would be based around.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Alex Ross art. Not portending any sort of crossover, and it's not a Marvel character at all, but kinda blows minds just to think of it.

[​IMG]

JediFett10 and Kylun like this.
  16. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    I personally feel that Aphra would be a fantastic subject for a comic series. [face_whistling]

I'm skeptical that Classified is an R1 series for the reasons Al mentions above. There's just not enough time in December to release two issues of the series after R1 airs in theaters. I mean, technically there is enough time, calendar-wise... but the end of December seems like a terrible time to release new comics in the US.

I think some kind of continuation of DV, whether that's an Aphra series or a Homicidal Droids series or what-have-you, is a good bet. But that could also just be wishful thinking. Whatever it is, I'm glad Gillen's writing it!

Also, comics veterans, is there some reason Marvel makes it a PITA to find the colorist for individual issues online? Most sources seem to list just the writer and the penciller, but frankly I think colors make a huuuuuuge difference in the quality of a book, and I can't understand why that tiny tidbit is so hidden.

BigAl6ft6, starfish and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I just looked at the solicitations and I didn't realized that "SW: Classified" #1 and #2 are both slated to come out this December. I'm with those that think these are tied to Rogue One and the "Classified" thing are Death Star plans.

18. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Now that I think about it though if it were an Aphra series wouldn't they have it start in November? Unless they are thinking that they could potentially get a little higher sales releasing it closer to Christmas.

19. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Classified is a placeholder. It's not the actual title of the book.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks Taalcon, I guess I took it too literal.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, all a Classified listing really means is "We've got to include this in solicits ahead of a big media launch and we don't want to say what it is".

It's also superb marketing as Marvel get their big launch while they get everyone talking about what it might be.

Oh and as for characters not being mentioned in the OT, having a bigger, badder civil war means not everyone gets a shout-out in a film, especially fils done 30 years plus previously.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I wonder if this was the reason why they cancelled Star Wars Rogue One comic books, because they came up with something bigger, on -going. I can see them telling stories about the revolution and its underground movement. Yeah, we have Rebels, but that only covers a certain groups with certain characters and situations. In the old canon, we had Dark Times but that covered after the end of the clone wars and stuff like that. But, this, would literally be right before the big reveal in Rogue One and A New Hope. it's exciting right now to be honest.

You know for a minute there, I started worrying that Marvel was slowing down. Compared to last year, I think the star wars series has been slowing down a bit. Well, not by looking at the numbers in Diamonds sales, but I don't know. The Force Awakens adaption while pretty decent, just hasn't captured my inner passion for star wars comics. I guess maybe because the first three issues covers more of the boring aspects of the movie as opposed to the last three issues that will have more action.

As for the 5 issue mini-series, I do hope that Marvel hasn't cancelled anything on that as I am looking forward to some sort of 5 issue series involving Luke. Maybe his journey and discovery of the force or something like that.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Luke does seem to be subject to a big hands-off policy, fairly certain they'll be more minis.

And yeah, Marvel are up to something all right.

24. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    What we are currently seeing is probably nothing compared to what we will be getting three/four years from now when the ST is complete and Marvel and Del Rey are given free reign to start filling in the gaps between Ep. VI and VII. They may still only have three ongoings but they will definitely be covering much meatier topics such as an ongoing about Luke's Jedi acadamey and a Rey ongoing covering her time there on Jakku.

Depending on where Lucasfilm decides to go next after Ep. IX we might get a lot of post ST content as well.

25. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Here is a link to the latest Star Wars show where Andi interviews Jordan D. White.

Not much info other than Jordan mentions 'secret ones' they are working on. So it looks like there is more than just the classified ongoing series that they are keeping under wraps for now. There is a Rebels clip before the interview so if you want to wait for the actual episode to be released to watch more clips you can jump to about the 2:45 mark where the interview starts.