main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think that maybe we'll get different R-O mini-series instead of an ongoing. They don't yet know which characters will be popular.

2. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    What upcoming SW series issue has an extra story in it? Is there one or am I losing my mind?

JediFett10 likes this.
  4. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Darth Vader #25?

5. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I meant the Star Wars series? Like issues 25 or 26. Does anybody know or am I crazy?

6. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

Star Wars 25 includes an R2 story

darthzac14 likes this.
  7. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014

They will probably do what they did for TFA. Wait for the movie to be out for awhile and see who the breakout characters are. Like how after TFA everyone loved Poe so they greenlit a series for him.

8. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I don't see it like that. remember, Poe's parents were shown before the film came out. Poe is the easiest one to be able to tell stories about. Rey? Kylo? You just can't at this point as they are locked. Finn? Maybe, but then you have to get in to the Empire in detail.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  9. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Do you all think we might get news on the next mini series after Han Solo soon? Maybe an announcement with the January solicitations? Those solicitations should be out on Tuesday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Maybe, we'll find out - there'll be a gap or two with both the Solo mini and TFA mini having finished.

Let's see they'll have:
    • Star Wars
    • Poe Dameron
    • Aphra
    That's it?

11. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    That looks right to me. Having 3 ongoings and 0 minis seems odd. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Looks too few for Marvel, there's got to be a new book on the cards.

spicer and bsmith7174 like this.
  13. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Maybe when RO comes out they will put out a mini for the breakout character or a series of one shots for each character set prior to the film.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Which would be perfect for Jan.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can anyone please point me to a list of epic collections that Marvel has released/planned so far?

Just bought the KOTOR one and I'm loving it so far.

16. iPodwithnomusic

Nov 23, 2012

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Epic_Collection

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wow. The newspaper strips are starting to be collected?
    Awesome! I need to get that when it comes out.
    Haven't looked at the list in ages
    Have the Clone Wars, KOTOR and Legacy.
    Need to collect the Darth Vader comics from the 3rd Empire collection.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I haven't read Darth Vader #25 yet :_| I missed my chance to go to the comic shope on Wednesday (which I KNEW I had to do cuz as soon as I log onto TFN on Wednesday, there's the announcement of the Aphra book), and Thurs-Sunday were things a happening and my shope is closed on Mondays! Ahhhh!! so I'm debating if I wait till Wednesday when this week's comics are in or go also on Tues / Wednesday.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You, er, haven't looked at the releases thread, have you Al? Or was it non-SW books you had in mind?

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    non-SW books too on this Wednesday I means. Although my list is all Marvel SW + bunch of other books. Even if it's a non-Star Wars week, it's rare that I go in and there's no at least 1 comic that week in something.

Ack, I just checked that Marvel Epic Collection which not much has jumped out at me (I have most of the stuff I wanted already when DH has the license) but I did have like .... 3 volumes of Legacy, I think, but god knows where they are, but if they do the full Legacy Run (and there's already Legacy Epic Collection Volume 1) I may double-down on the whole series. (although it does look like if I wanted the Vector crossover via Epic Collections I'd probably have to buy, like, 2 other ECs ontop of that)

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I'm finding that outside of Star Wars and The Walking Dead I just don't have much interest in any other comics. I got the first compendium of Invincible and the Lazurus books that came out and I quit reading both and really am losing desire to even finish them.

BigAl6ft6 you keeping up with the Whisperers? The latest issues of TWD have been outselling Star Wars lately because of what has been happening recently in it.

SilentGuy66 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah I get Walking Dead monthly (fun story, when S1 came out they did Walking Dead Weekly for a year so I got about 48 issues of that, a hardcover, a slightly smaller hardcover, a trade paperback, and then I got every issue monthly since issue #97 I think). the Whisper War is only 2 issues in but I think it's pretty great, although unless the show goes to Season 10 or something I doubt this is territory the show will get to, which is a shame cuz The Whipseres is one of the cooler concepts in the book in awhile.

Trying to remember my non-Star Wars / Walking Dead pull list off the top of my head (frankly it could use some trimming because I keep stockpilling issues that I haven't gotten to yet. Or I need to literally set aside an entire day for comic book reading)

Saga
    Spider-Man
    The Amazing Spider-Man (going to add The Clone Conspiracy mini-series soon as well)
    Spider-Man 2099
    Old Man Logan
    Vote Loki
    Dark Knight III: The Master Race

Add in 4 or 5 monthly SW books ontop of that and sometimes double-ships (and I also get various books in trades) and once in awhile I'll get a mini-series / event series mini it's a fairly healthy list. And some trade paperbacks (like Star Trek). Although, there are some people who get that many books in a week.

But for anyone who wants to start a pull list at a comic shop and all you read is Star Wars, literally you just need to tell them to put aside the Star Wars books and since Marvel moves about 4 or 5 Star Wars comics a month (the least they've moved in a month is 3, I think) that's enough for a pull list. I think it's been almost 3 weeks since I've last gone in so it's probably quite the stack at this point.

Basically it's two image books, a DC book (which is a mini anyway), and everything else is Marvel. Excelsior!!

23. iPodwithnomusic

Nov 23, 2012
  24. Joe Kalicki

Joe Kalicki Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2014
    The newspaper strips collection is just going to have the reprints Dark Horse butchered? Boo.

25. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Jam Lacobus likes this.