main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    For January 2017...no new mini series :/

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #3KIERON GILLEN (W) • KEV WALKER (A)
    Cover by Kamome Shirahama
    Star Wars 40th Anniversary Variant Cover by Juan Gimenez
    Droids Variant Cover by TBA
    • Aphra’s hunt for the Ordu Aspectu has led to the last place she wants to be…
    • …an Imperial encampment!
    • The good doctor, her deadly droids and her Wookiee companion are in for trouble...
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2016 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: POE DAMERON #10CHARLES SOULE (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    Variant Cover by PHIL NOTO
    Star Wars 40th Anniversary Variant Cover by Stuart Immonen
    • Poe and Threepio’s covert mission comes to an end!
    • Can they escape with their informant intact?
    • Or will Terex’s past come back to haunt them?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2016 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #27JASON AARON (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
    Cover by STUART IMMONEN
    Star Wars 40th Anniversary Variant Cover by Ryan Stegman
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    • Master Yoda finds himself on an all-new world…
    • …full of vicious, mysteriously powered children?!
    • Not easy, will this be.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

2. Jam Lacobus

Jam Lacobus Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 4, 2015
    OMG. Thanks for this info. I have the epic collection version preordered but this volume seems much more complete.

Saying that, not having the Epic collections complete might kill me too. I already have the Marvel Orig. years omnibuses (omnibi?), but might have to get them in EC format too...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    So only 3 issues in January? That's pretty disappointing. I really hope they announce some new mini-series' soon.

4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Very surprising that they havn't announced any minis yet. They will be missing out on quite a bit of money the next several months since they will not have their full allotment of Star Wars releases that they have had for the past couple years

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Can't wait for the Yoda arc. The cover for issue #27 looks awesome.

cwustudent and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If it's the big Marvel Omnibuses they issued last year that you have, there's no point you buying the Epic editions as the page size will be the same. The only difference is that they'll be paperback and much cheaper.

Jam Lacobus likes this.
  7. Jam Lacobus

Jam Lacobus Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 4, 2015

Thanks man, saved me pretty penny. And thanks for keeping these boards updated all the time. I'm lazy so miss out on stuff!

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Fortunately, I no longer need to do that myself so much now n this thread, the padawans are doing just fine. :) Frees me up for the Releases one!

As a general rule, always check the dimensions of each version - generally Epics and OHCs and Omnibses are the same size!

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wait Aphra #3? Where was Aphra #1?

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Where was Aphra #2?

Don't remember hearing the synopsis for that one.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It was likely dubbed Star Wars Classified #1-2 in the December solicits, with no other details!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I meant #2. According to Marvel's website it's coming out in the end of December, with #1 coming out two weeks prior.

13. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Jedi Ben did the Xena comic that is going on now for dynamite get cancelled after the first arc? I noticed there have been Xena comics way down at the bottom of the comichron list of the top 300 selling comics each month. I might get the TPB of that xena book when it comes out as I liked the show when it was on and it seems the only thing I can really get into is tie in stuff to already existing franchises.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    No idea Jammin, didn't keep an eye on that one.

15. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Yeah the premise of it looks a bit silly. It's supposed to take place 25 years after season 5 of the show yet Xena and Gabrielle look exactly the same as they did on television. And I guess it is taking place in an alternate universe where season 6 never happened.

16. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Marvel really has to put out more series to satisfy my consumer needs.
    It’s a bummer to go through a week without a comic issue. :p

revan772 likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You really can't find something else of interest in the hundreds of monthly books that are issued in the US market?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Okay, I should have worded that better. "My Star Wars fan needs". :p

BigAl6ft6 and revan772 like this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ok, well, quite seriously - if people want a good comic to check out Invisible Republic by the Star Wars Legacy II team of Bechko and Hardman is well worth a look. It's on its third 5-part arc, with 2 trades out.

spicer and La Calavera like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Only 3 books in January? By Marvel standards, that's due for a line-wide relaunch. Just kidding. Kinda. But, yeah, 3-4 books a month is keeping the SW line at roundabouts what they had the Ultimate line in it's heyday. Although I expect a new mini for February. Or Star Wars may double-ship at some point since Lacorra is drawing it and he be speedy.

Anyway, how good is that cover for Poe Dameron? Noto is in the lead for my favourite Star Wars artist from Marvel's relaunch right now.

21. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    It's been awhile since I last posted this, so here goes:

Jordan D. WhiteOstrander&Duursema for a Marvel SW comic series! Preferably ongoing, but I won't complain about a mini series either.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  22. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I couldn't agree more! I'd take any comic by them, but I would really love to see Quinlan Vos and Villie together again in canon!

spicer likes this.
  23. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
  24. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Good interview with Soule, he must be having a killer time. I'm super happy we have a new x-wing series, the legends ones are amongst my favorite Star Wars lit ever. Looking forward to that first Poe trade out in December, hope the series lasts for many years.

25. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015

I have absolutely zero issues with Soules's writing. He is doing a great job and has been able to nail the "voice" of many characters (Lando, Poe, & Emperor specifically). However, I am just not enjoying the Poe Series as much as his other two minis.

I think that it has everything to do with LucasStoryGroup (LSG) hamstringing him vs anything to do with Soule. It just feels like a series treading water. Either it should have been post Force Awakens, or much earlier. This timeframe of just slightly ahead of Force Awakens is killing the momentum of the plot in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicer and iPodwithnomusic like this.