main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'm talking about OT adaptations by Ryder Windham that are being reprinted and adapted to fit into canon. They're to be released next month. I've never read them, so I don't know what needs to be adjusted so they can be considered canon.
    In Tales 7, there aren't any Maul stories. However, there is the story "Single Cell", that is set around the TPM period... Not sure how or why that would connect to anything Maul, but if I had to guess I'd go with that one. In Tales 9 there are two stories related to Maul: Resurrection and Hate Leads to Lollipops. Resurrection most likely won't be turned into canon, but may be included in the upcoming TPB under the Legends banner. As for Hate Leads to Lollipops, I suppose that's essential reading for all Maul fans :p

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's Complete Locations - the old version was Legends - the new version is canon (thanks to various fixes that were made in it).

spicer likes this.
  3. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I've been thinking & I think it'd be cool to get a SW title between ESB & ROTJ. In ROTJ we see a Luke who is much more powerful and I think that needs to be explored in Canon.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  4. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Got a link to these reprints? Google search just shows old junior novels.

5. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    No link sorry. I checked which stories are included in which Tales issue on Wookieepedia. I've read them a long time ago so that's how I remember some of the details.
    EDIT: Oh, you meant about the Ryder Windham books? That was mentioned in a thread here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/recanonized-eu-a-list.50019984/page-47

6. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Marvel/Comixology have a digital buy one get one free thing going at the moment if people were looking to catch up on any series and save a bit.

Liking the sound of the new Vader series but it does make me wonder is Maul a 5 issue series or an on going? Not that I mind but would they really want two Darth series running at the same time?

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  7. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    The Marvel.com and StarWars.com announcements both said Darth Maul will be a five-issue miniseries. (Though I also wouldn't mind it extended into an ongoing...)

Qel likes this.
  8. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Ahh guess I missed that and Comixology wasn't labelling it as 1 of 5 and so on. Thanks.

9. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
  10. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    A new darth vader comic series was announced today, written by Charles Soule and taking place right after episode 3, with the first story arc showing how he got his lightsaber. I'd include the link but I'm on my phone.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I wouldn't worry about it, there's already a dedicated thread.

12. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Not sure if this counts as news for this thread, but on comixology Marvel is having a Buy One, Get One Free sale at the moment, until the 13th. Which of course includes just about every Star Wars issue, I think. I picked up a few old Legacy issues I was missing at basically half-price, so I'm happy. Thinking about a few other things too (Han Solo, maybe that Obi-wan series).

13. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yeah all Marvel's covered. If you're interested in the TPBs however I'd wait until one till another sale where you can get them for 1/2 off.

14. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  16. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Well, got SW Vol 2 pre-ordered love the Stormtrooper cover, Vader Omnibus... don't want to triple dip thanks Marvel but I'm sure they'll make it look tempting. Increasingly thinking they won't bother with more OHCs :(

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Announce at Celebration probably?

HeatherAntos and vncredleader like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Not necessarily - sometimes they just take longer to come out. Patience is the name of the game.

19. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015

I'm with Jedi Ben here; I can't see why they'd stop making the OHCs now. The only one that bothers me a bit is the lack of a Poe OHC, but they might still be trying to figure out how to collect the limited runs.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Hmmm, maybe the next miniseries? I don't know if they want to have 5 ongoings at the same time,

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Case in point, the last Aaron Thir OHC was Sept 2016, the next one is December, so there can be shorter and longer gaps.

If anything it raises the likelihood of there being an OHC or two for Q4 of 2017-18.

Afraid your wallet can't handle that too? ;)

22. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Works for Deadpool......scratch that, does not work for deadpool. Then again with SW being able to spread across decades if not centuries and a whole galaxy over-saturation is hard as long as you stick to making the stories varied.

23. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    No, I'm not afraid about my wallet. I have nothing against 5 concurrently running ongoings, I'm just not sure if they would announce a new one just so shortly after they announced Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I'd imagine it is the next mini that we will be getting after the Darth Maul series is done. By the time they would get around to announcing it the Maul series would be about halfway over. That is generally when they announce the next upcoming mini anyways.

Would be interesting to see what mini they would do though. They have covered most of the main characters from the OT by now 'cept Luke and we know it won't be him.

First thought came to mind would be a Rebels tie in with Sabine as the main character after she chose to stay with her Mandalore family. But they probably wouldn't do that with a season 4 coming as they likely will tell us what she has been up through that media.

spicer likes this.
  25. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'd like to see maybe an adaptation of a TCW arc or something ST related (maybe Crimson Corsair)