main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That Checchetto cover.... [face_love]

The series sounds ace and it's neat how they've seeded Crait in the earlier stories, first in the Leia book and now here.

Combined with Gillen on SW and looks like the line might be recovering from a spell in the doldrums.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  2. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016

I wonder why Han's not part of it then

3. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It could simply be that he's off doing something for the rebellion I guess.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

4. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Because he's not in The Last Jedi and it wound feel awkward thematically is my way too overthought thought on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 and kalzeth like this.
  5. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Leia wasn't in any screaming citadel's cover but she show up later in the story, I think they just chose to focus in the twins. Or he just disappear like how happens to Sana Starros sometimes

6. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Like participating in a race as a cover for picking up a Rebellion informant?

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

7. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Wondering if this will be in SW Volume 7 or TLJ adaptation. More likely the adaptation due to it being a tie-in but wished it was part of the main series as it's in the same time frame and technically they could've made the date of release as TLJ is releasing since Cobalt Squadron and Bomber Command are coming out then. I'm guessing with all the Crait Rebel initiative, it might be okay to speculate that Rebels S4 will feature the abandonment of the base that will lead to this comic, but it could also not show up. But what other TLJ connections will the show have due to them going on a episode release track that will end in the beginning of December?

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

AHA!!! There are 2 amazing things here, including one potentially building on an awesome premise set up in AOTC (and if they do this... omg the directions they could take...):

1) Jocasta's obsession with the Lost Twenty. WHAT IF SHE HELPS START THE INQUISITORIUS BECAUSE OF THEM? This opens the path to a Lost Twenty story.... stories... DOOKU STORY. That would be so crazy.

2) oh yeah and Jerec.

kalzeth and spicer like this.
  9. Thick_hobbit

Thick_hobbit Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2017
    The Story from Tales #7 IS canon.

10. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    The December solicits have been revealed, and these two covers are some of the best from Marvel so far [face_love]
    Darth Vader #9
    [​IMG]

Doctor Aphra #15 is the highlight for me
    [​IMG]

We have Xesh and Darth Gryph! Just kidding, but they do remind me of those classic characters a bit. Looks awesome in any case!

https://jedi-bibliothek.de/2017/09/marvel-star-wars-comics-dezember-2017/

11. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Agree...the Doctor Aphra cover is fantastic. I know I sound like a broken record, but Ashley Witter is the real deal. Really excited to meet these new characters.

Vthuil, tatooinesandworm and spicer like this.
  12. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016

So, Tales 9 has two stories that actually have Maul in them (Maul vs. Vader and little Maul in school), so those would make sense for inclusion. But I can't think of anything from Tales 7 that would make sense to include in this TPB. The pirate being captured by the Trade Federation? The nerf herder story? The Iron Chef parody? The story with Boba Fett and his wife? The Pulp Fiction parody? I just don't understand the reasoning for the inclusion of any of these.

cwustudent and kalzeth like this.
  13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Neither do I, but honestly, I kinda hope that the Nym comic will be in it and recanonised. Probably not happening, but...

14. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Does inclusion actually make it canon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    No. Just like the original Star Wars issues weren't re canonized in Shattered Empire and Leia? I think?

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

16. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I forget but weren't the tales comics always kinda considered infinities anyways?

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Non-canon, for the most part though it did change from #20 onwards I think. It wasn't always that clear as to what was canon and wasn't.

18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, that's how remember it. Either way I always thought the tales comics were cool.

Also that cover for Aphra #15 looks great, looking forward to learning who the new characters are.

spicer, Revanfan1, kalzeth and 2 others like this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Naw... couldn't be. But maybe...
    that guy in the background bears a striking resemblance to Trachta.
    [face_thinking]

Senpezeco and kalzeth like this.
  20. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    If it is, I will hand-deliver Gillen and Spurrier a cookie bouquet. And throw my money at them while quietly weeping in gratitude. Kidding on the weeping, but you'll see at least one post by me going absolutely gaga over it. :p

And hey, that's...

Tam Posla! Or at least some law enforcement officer with the Milvayne Authority. I like that character design. Happy to see it on a cover.

21. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    They didn't happen unless referenced in some other material. The Boba Fett story in Tales 7 ended up being canonized, for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starfish likes this.
  22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

So he didn't blow up on Jedha. Nice!

23. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    when is the second issue of captain phasma coming out?

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Is the gal on the bottom Perrili or relative, which would be awesome because Xextos need more love, or a Kaminoan with crazy hair, which would also be awesome?

Vthuil and spicer like this.
  25. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    i thought Kaminoan with hair but I think you are right with it being a Xextos