main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    While I think it is very much Marvel's status quo to simply relaunch the Darth Vader book with a new #1 and a new creative team, I would think / hope that there's so much potential for stories in the Star Wars universe they'd throw us a swerve. Maybe the Story Group will have more details locked down for Episode VIII by that point and give another sequel era ongoing.

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

They could but at this point it is hard to tell what is open for them to explore in the ST era. They already have an X-Wing series going and most of the other characters from the movies will be off limits to them.

I guess they could do an ongoing that begins after the battle of Jakku but we know most of that would mainly just be political stories.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    To be fair, I would happily read an entire 25+ issues of FN-2187 adventures in sanitation (with his buddy, TR-8R!)

4. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I hope not. I'm getting a little bit tired of rebels vs imperials stories that constitute the overwhelming majority of the NEU material.

We're already going to have Rogue One tie-ins. And TFA comic adaptation. And a Poe Dameron ongoing aside from the SW ongoing.

I'm kinda hoping next Marvel mini/ongoing is centered on Jedi/Sith or bounty hunters or it's a far past origin story, really anything that is not about more rebels beating more fascists.

candymove and fett 4 like this.
  5. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    Wouldn't mind seeing more prequel era comics or even comics set before that. But it's as if they ignore that era right now, despite being a lot they could do with it

6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I have a strong feeling Vader will be replaced by a Kylo Ren ongoing set before Ep VII but WON'T delve into his fall from the light etc. It'd probably just be him and Phasma going around killing resistance members.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Aphra mini or riot! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Seriously, though, I really want some original character-centric stories. Don't get me wrong, I've loved 80% of what Marvel's done with the existing stable of characters, but I'd love to see their top talent really flex their creative muscles.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    August solicitations
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

candymove, Kylun, spicer and 3 others like this.
  9. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    "Vader is lost in his inner mindscape, lost in visions of the Force".... what?

Barriss_Coffee and fett 4 like this.
  10. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    ...What's Mal doing piloting the Falcon?
    [​IMG]

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Vader 24

Wonder what that means. A trippy forcy issue? Maybe he is visiting a planet like Korriban having force visions.

I don't think Kylo has the kind of draw that Vader has. I want Vader to succeed, I don't want Kylo to succeed.

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I have asked both Luke and Anakin about this and both have given there considered opinions, both this and on Marvel if they do this. I find myself agreeing with both opinions :p

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That Star Wars #22 cover....[face_love]

AdmiralNick22 - you got to see that one.

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Based on solicitation dates only, this is what I gather. Let me know if you see anything that is incorrect. Thanks!

June 2016 - August 2016

name..........release date
    Han Solo #1………. 6/1/2016
    Darth Vader #21………. 6/8/2016
    Poe Dameron #3………. 6/8/2016
    Star Wars #20………. 6/15/2016
    STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS ADAPTATION #1………. 6/22/2016
    Darth Vader #22………. 6/29/2016
    Han Solo #2………. 7/6/2016
    Poe Dameron #4………. 7/6/2016
    Darth Vader #23………. 7/13/2016
    Star Wars #21………. 7/20/2016
    STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS ADAPTATION #2………. 7/27/2016
    Han Solo #3………. 8/3/2016
    Darth Vader #24………. 8/10/2016
    Poe Dameron #5………. 8/17/2016
    Star Wars #22………. 8/24/2016
    STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS ADAPTATION #3………. 8/24/2016
    Darth Vader #25………. 8/31/2016

Jam Lacobus and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Probably too much meditation.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Or Palp stealth-fed Vader a shroom!

17. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    [/quote]

I wonder if the Harbinger is the same Harbinger from the Battle of Endor? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Harbinger_(Star_Destroyer)

Barriss_Coffee and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah the significant chunk of Star Wars releases in the summer is one of the reasons I'm not going in on Civil War 2, Marvel's summer event (I did a pretty deep dive into Secret Wars last year, very worth it, it was a cool event). Civil War 2 just seems like a redux to me of a great original event mini (which led to a fantastic movie). But also, there's so many damn Star Wars books being released in the summer (with September starting up the Rogue One mini!) that it's basically an event on it's own!

(I do fully expect Han Solo to slip a date or too. Mark Brooks is great but ain't exactly .... speedy. Which I don't mind, it's an isolated mini with a fantastic artist)

Oh and speaking to the "what is coming after the Darth Vader as the next ongoing" question ... honestly, we may not know until the previews of what's in the late fall / early winter. Why? Well, with the Rogue One mini hitting in September, that may basically be the 4th/5th book in the Star Wars line for the next few months. So the next ongoing may not launch until November or so!

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Dah! Huh? Why?!!!

21. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Well that sucks.

22. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I think there is some confusion, at least on Ben's part -- this was a comic, NOT the upcoming novel by Del Rey. The comic was not titled Catalyst, and the Catalyst novel has not been cancelled.

23. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Yeah I am disappointed at the comic being cancelled. Ahh well.

Senpezeco likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm more disappointed that the comic was cancelled. I can totes read a Rogue One comic before the movie comes out. Novel I'll take a pass on.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, got mixed up with the two items.

Even so, weird the comic has apparently been axed after all the announcement publicity - although they hadn't said who was doing it.