main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Marvel Superheroes Game

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    After the SW game is over, I will be GMing a Marvel Superheroes game. If you are interested, please PM me. There are limited seats available, and some are already taken. So, just because you PM me doesn't mean you will be 'in'. Don't let this offend or upset you, it is what it is. I don't want my games to get to the size this last game did, so I am limiting seats to about 5 players.

In the Marvel game, you will be able to play a character that has superpowers. The types of superpowers available are wide and varied. If you have ever read comics, especially Marvel comics, you get the idea of the variety of characters, plots and storylines that are available. We will not be stressing the purity of Marvel continuity in a huge way, because to do so would be a monumental task of futility and madness. We will be concerning ourselves with continuity a little bit, as much as it suits us. Major comics character may even make an appearance, and no, you cannot play existing comics characters.

The Marvel game will happen every other Saturday night. On the nights that it is not happening, there will be a Modern game I will be GMing. If you are interested in that, please see the other thread I am starting.

Saturday nights will still be a time and place to hang out, even if you aren't playing a specific RPG. So if you know we are playing something, and want to come hang out, talk, draw, play dice roulette, watch us play the game, paint action figures or miniatures, throw verbage around at the other players, laugh, etc, well you are more than welcome to do so, as we always have good time when we hang out.

Thanks,

Talon

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Flame on!, Avengers assemble!, It's clobberin time!, Protecting those that hate and fear us. Go web! Wonder twin powers....

forget that last one.

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Listen, bub, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry! I'm just your friendly neighborhood X-Man!

4. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I just noticed you denying us the ability to play existing characters, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

6 Wolverines, 1 gambit and 1 Jean Grey would have been lame.

5. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Yes, but 3 Beasts and 2 Nightcrawlers would have been cool.

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I think you missed the point there dude

7. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    I am batman.

8. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    no your not!

9. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    No its true. it says so in my underwear.

10. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I've never missed a point in my life. Wait, sorry, I've never missed a meal in my life. That's the one.

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Ok, ok, I don't wanna be Wolverine anyway... I'll just be a mutant with super-healing, hightened senses, and an adamantium skeleton with claws that spring forth from in between my knuckles... oh, and I say "Bub" a lot.

12. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    is your name superclaw man?

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I wont be Jean Grey either, I'll just be the second most powerful telepath on earth, have long red hair, be super sexy and call myself The Mutant formerly known as Phoenix. Then I'll make the guy thats not Wolverine think he's a six year old girl and braid his hair.

Seriously, being unique mutants (superheros, et all) will be so much better.

14. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    hehe i concur.

it will be fun and exciting to make new and fun characters with fun powers! right? fun!

15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I know... I can't wait to see the rules for creating mutants! Hey, Daryl, since the game is cancelled, and the guy I'm housesitting for won't be back until Sunday, would ya wanna come over Saturday and watch movies and go over the Marvel Rulebook? Anthony can make it after 3pm, and Sam could come too... I think he gets off of work at 5! Heck, anybody who'd wanna come can! One huge party the night before he gets back... It'll be like Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead or Ferris Bueller... trying not to get caught before the parents get home! Anyway, we can get pizza or something... it'll be fun. What do ya say?!?

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    That sounds great but I already had a scheduling conflict that day that the game being cancelled solved. So, while I would love to I cant.

What I can do though is supply you with the link to where you can download all the rules so you can take a look.

Marvel Super Heroes

Theres even a link to a piece of software to help you generate a character. How cool is that? Excelsior!

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Pretty friggin' cool!

18. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Talon, any ideas who is in this game yet?

19. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm not ready to announce anything yet. You're in at least one of them, I can tell you that much. ;)

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    ...anticipation... killing... me.

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    So Talon you got any ideas yet about how much known characters are going to cross over into your story, are mutant characters going to be able to join the Xavier institute for gifted youngsters In Winchester, Mass or no?

If so what are the restraining orders in Mass. like? This had nothing to do with Jean Grey BTW.

22. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Just my two cents, but I think it'd be cool if the story took place in Las Vegas and we formed Las Vegas' first Super Hero Group to protect the people of Southern Nevada.

23. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    bla! you saw kill bil vol. 2! dangit! petra come home!

24. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    ...and that has to do with Marvel how exactly??

25. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Id rather not with the whole Vegas idea. I play games to escape my reality. Let southern Nevada fins its own heros.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.