main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Marvel Superheroes Game

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I thought you could choose your origin but all the powers and such were generated by dice?

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, as I was reading the material, it seemed to indicate that you could either choose your origin, or let the dice choose for you. A third choice (I came up with) would be for you to choose your origin within the parameters the GM gives you.

3. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Like what? cuase I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want to be a mutant

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Nothing super specific, just some broad parameters, such as: You are from earth.

Or:

You cannot be a robot, giant or otherwise...

...stuff like that....

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    ohhhhhh okay.

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    LOL at the no robots clause.

7. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    On the subject at hand:

While I'm all for letting fate decide (those who know me well know I often make choices by coin toss), I've made a few heros using the rulebook and just straight rolling, and it makes for some potentially odd combinations. I made one that had shapeshifting capability, advanced healing, and ICE MISSLES! Personally, if we were given a choice to choose our own powers, we could build characters with more cohesion of superpowers.

For example: My scientifically modified hero has the ability to grow bigger, change his composition to metal, and is impervious to physical attacks (bullets and swords).

In that example, the three powers fit together nicely. Imagine a huge metal wall of a man that bullets just bounce off. Just a thought.

8. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Awwwman! You mean that I can't be a Sentinel!!!

"Unidentified mutant, ignore."

"STOP, mutant!"

"Returning to base for repair."

(Hahaha)

9. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I think it would be fun to leave everything to chance....but my spider senses tell me I might not be part of this game so I´m going to leave that as all my two cents.......nothing more....

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Can I be Dark Phoenix? I eat the sun first, you all die, Phoenix sits on a asteroid while you all draw up new characters.

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    No but you could be Dark Fenix, a mental middle aged man who thinks he is Dark Phoenix...

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Can I be Grumpy Phoenix instead, Id rather be the hot Phoenix (pun intended) instead of an old man.

13. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    wow....my spider senses must be on the fritz.....hmmm...better get that checked out before the game starts

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Hopefully we will make a great team. The X-Men and Fantastic Four will be like, "Woah, look at their cohesion! I wish our superhero team worked together as well as that!"

Either that, or Axia and Petra will start thier own superhero team and end up killing Protoss' superhero.

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    ha ha ha ha HAHAHAHA! that made me laugh out loud.

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Gawd I hope not, Id rather do the team thing this time, I think it will be alot easier since we'll all be superheroes.

That IS funny though, Hey Protoss you could actually name your character Suspecto!

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Suspecto is a GREAT superhero name!

18. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    So... Talon... any word yet on the rules for character creation... I'm getting kinda itchy.

Oh, wait, that's my rash. Sometimes I get a rash if I don't change my sheets every month.

19. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    um...yeah...I think I´ll file that one under ¨Too Much Information¨....thanx.....

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    You're welcome! :D

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
  22. MR-V1N

Jul 30, 2003
    In my opinion, I would pick Monica Bellucci, or Kiera Knightley. Both of them possesses a "comic book" look.

After re-reading your post, and seeing that you added another person, I will say that, Kate Beckinsale does have "that" same look as well.

I hope that this helps you.

23. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'd say go with Kiera Knightley. She reminds me of a Natalie Portman/Wynona Ryder hybrid... which ain't too bad of a combination, if you ask me

24. MR-V1N

Jul 30, 2003
    Wynona Ryder, yes.

25. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia, what if someone wants to use one of the actresses you have listed? (being that you have not chosen one yet)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.