main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Marvel to acquire Star Wars comics/graphic novels license in 2015

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rew, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    It's a odd episode but I prefer the Time of the Doctor.

2. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Back on topic. Also, no double/triple posting, please -- it's regarded as spam. Additionally, shame on you for not knowing that comic reference. [face_shame_on_you]

Okay, I'm done being mean. :):p

4. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Comic reference? I don't understand how people didn't get the Doctor Who reference!

Rew likes this.
  5. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh I saw the web link!

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Not joking about the double posting thing. Stahp. It's spam. If you have something new to add before anyone else has responded, use the edit function.

7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    ah ok I'm new here so didn't know about it and completely forget about the edit feature. The picture stopped working hence I put up the web link.

8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Its up to lucasfilms to decide what is canon and non canon, not marvel, since lucasfilms played a role in the Expanded universe, well somewhat but not george lucas. If they throw out alot of the Expanded universe both comic and novels they would be throwing out there own work.

There is another postive side to the deal, maybe marvel can make alot of animated movies of star wars as well as disney and pixar. ^:)^

I hope I can as well as fans of shadows of the empire can get the animated movie of the story. My childhood favorite and still is. :)

9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Would they care though If there creating new content? Disney has to tread this carefully.and so far I'm out! I'm not looking forward to both Rebels and Episode 7. only the rest of TCW. I don't think marvel will create animation if lucasfilm animation still exists and SOFTE has a video game and perhaps a movie on Youtube.

10. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I wonder if marvel has already planned anything for early 2015 or if its just gonna be a fall 2015 order to coincide with VII.

Like last year the first few weeks of 2013 launched with star woods.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  12. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008

Well there most likely will be trades through September and December, mainly because everything is ending in August. Legacy 2 and Star Wars has to be collected, Darth Maul has to be collected as well as Rebel Heist. So there will be trades, but that's it.

Revanfan1 and newdawn12 like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Legacy Volume 2 is already covered, Volume 2 in May, Volume 3 August.

Star Wood Volume 3 and Star Heist and Darth Maul's latest likely will fall into those months, probably Sept-Oct.

14. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    But for Legacy 2, won't the August TPB only cover the third story arc, leaving the last three issues uncollected?

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hopefully not. While 5-6 issues are standard TPB size, you can easily have 8 issues, especially when a series is ending.

16. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    True, but it looks like the last issue will also be out in August. That would mean that they are being releasend around the same, which wouldn't make much sense. Part of me thinks they my may publish a fourth TPB in December.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, it makes sense.

Those who buy monthlies and trades tend, for the most part, to be 2 different audiences.

The reason I'm suspecting it'll be 8 issues is there's precedent or it when series end. When DC ended their lines for the New 52 what were standard trades of 5-6 issues became 7-8, even 10 issue collections, because they were looking to finish things off quick. That and 3-issue trades would be unlikely to recoup their printing costs.

Should know for certain in about 2 months in any case, as DHC advance solicit their trades.

18. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    OK. That makes sense.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm expecting page count to change for Legacy Vol 3, online you see it as 120 pages, but we'll know that probably from the solicits for May or June.

I can remember ordering a DC paperback that was listed as 6 issues worth, 144 pages, but what turned up was larger. In most cases the expectation of a trade being 5-6 issues would be accurate but not in these sort of cases.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I've been trade-waiting Wood's Star Wars, was hoping for a gigantic collection but probably the best idea is to jump into all 3 trades (at once so I can get the story in one shot, I guess.) Probably not enough time for a 18-issue single collection.

Gonna get Maul in floppies myself, should probably end right when "The Star Wars" ends.

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Congratulations to Dark Horse, they won a GEN AWARD 2013 for Star Wars #1 (Brian Wood comic)! In fact, they won 5 of those awards behind DC. Marvel????? Well, they got only two. Man, Dark Horse should keep the license. I once thought that Marvel having it might be good for animated direct to dvd movies and stuff like that, but........................................naw. Dark Horse has done a wonderful job and winning these awards proves that they are good. I say, you keep Marvel for other properties and stuff like that, we want and get back Dark Horse. Want animated movies? Use Pixar, their good anyway.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    oh lucasfilm animation?

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Pixar all the way. Lucasfilm animation? Not very thrilled by them.

24. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    oh for me it's the other way round

25. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Quick clarification here, it was The Star Wars that won for best licensed series, not Star Wars.