Lit Marvel to acquire Star Wars comics/graphic novels license in 2015

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rew, Jan 3, 2014.

1. TrandoJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sure that will quickly evolve into 6 ongoings. It is Marvel after all! :p
  2. blackmyron Chosen One

star 5
    Ellis also mentioned that he did the first 12 issues of Ultimate FF as a favor, at a convention I had attended. (I asked him if Marvel was aware that he had made the FF the villains of Planetary, and he answered that if anyone there did, they didn't mention it... [face_laugh] )
    Moore, however... [face_thinking]

I'm thinking they'll try something daring with one of them and try to fill the gap between ANH and ESB.
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Last edited by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 20, 2015
  4. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5

Separatist Commando?! :D
  5. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    The problem with Ellis is that he has a tendency to much more cynical and gritty then I think SW should be, at least right now when we are establishing new continuity.
  6. blackmyron Chosen One

star 5
    I'm not sure that I'd quantify Planetary as "cynical and gritty" - Ellis is adaptive enough.
    I just don't see him wasting time on something that commercial unless he was really interested in writing a Star Wars story and had a free hand - neither of which I can see happening right now.

Man, I can't believe how far off I was. How embarrassing!
    Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  7. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't say that he can do really good work and I personally love Planetary, but take a look at his other work and don't say much of what he created are on the cynical side
  8. blackmyron Chosen One

star 5
    That is his default mode (and mine as well, all things considered) but he can write in other styles - he has in the past.

But it's really moot. He's in a place where he really doesn't have to write anything that he doesn't want to write.
  9. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    He's also mentioned before that he's not the biggest fan of Star Wars.
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. blackmyron Chosen One

star 5
    :p
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Yep, that was exactly the quote I was thinking of. I was merely being diplomatic. :p
    darklordoftech likes this.